Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"This just came out, right? Is the upgrade worth it?"

Debatable. Windows 11 is essentially the Windows 10X upgrade with a fancy name. I advise everyone that if you do not meet double the minimum requirements, don't do it, or you'll have problems. I recommend at least a quad-core CPU and 8 gigs of RAM, or don't do it.

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Windows 11 has not created many waves. However, SOME people can now install Android aps.

MS has picked out fifty Android aps that work well with Windows, and they are available only on the Insiders Program. They're afraid to launch them into the general public yet.

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Microsoft has happily announced that they are expanding the numbers and types of Windows 10 computers that will be sold with Windows 11 installed. Even with TPM turned on, 11 has been running well on Windows 10 computers that meet the requirements.

I expect prices to drop after New Year's Day. Also, remember that most of these are not really Windows 11 computers--they are high-end Windows 10 computers that have 11 installed.

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK, Windows 11 usually works great on Windows 10 computers, but when do we get computers designed from the ground up for 11?

Qualcomm is a minor-league player in the chip manufacturing business, but they announced that they are building a chip specifically designed for 11. The new chip will upgrade many of the computer's other features, especially the gaming.

The bad news? They haven't set a date for completing the chip yet.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I did this and tested on a duo core and a quad core computer. Runs a bit slow on the duo, but fine on the quad. Neither were able to run a regular win11.

• Informative
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Incredibly I haven’t had a chance to play with Windows 11 yet; I am preparing to buy some new workstations. The UI on it looked reminiscent of the sorely missed Aero Glass look of 7 and Vista (which was pretty, and if you did a clean install of the hign end versions, actually ran smoothly, but Windows 7 had some design improvements, for example, in the command line processor).

I am probably getting a mix of Microsoft Surface and Lenovo ThinkCentre workstations. The new Macs with the M1 chip are tempting, but I don’t want one until Linux and other open source OSes are running smoothly on them as there are aspects of MacOS I dislike.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
install win11 on non-supported computers:

Thanks for this link, because I do have an older Sun Ultra 40 M2 workstation with a dual quad core Opterons (AMD x64 chips; the similiar lookimg Ultra 45 had Sun UltraSPARC CPUS) and 64 GB RAM which can probably handle it memory wise, but the GPu and CPU might get crushed.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for this link, because I do have an older Sun Ultra 40 M2 workstation with a dual quad core Opterons (AMD x64 chips; the similiar lookimg Ultra 45 had Sun UltraSPARC CPUS) and 64 GB RAM which can probably handle it memory wise, but the GPu and CPU might get crushed.

Might as well try it out, use a used HD if you don't want to lose what you currently have.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Incredibly I haven’t had a chance to play with Windows 11 yet; I am preparing to buy some new workstations. The UI on it looked reminiscent of the sorely missed Aero Glass look of 7 and Vista (which was pretty, and if you did a clean install of the hign end versions, actually ran smoothly, but Windows 7 had some design improvements, for example, in the command line processor).

GitHub - dremin/RetroBar: Classic Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP taskbar for modern versions of Windows --this changes win11 back to older style

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey,
For those who want windows11 on their unsupported devices, go to www.rufus.ie and download Rufus 3.16 and the windows11 ISO. You will be able to then install the OS on your unsupported device and Rufus removes the TMP and SecureBoot requirements. Just saying! I am using Win11 now without the TPM and such and its perfectly fine!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Uh oh! We have a genuine complaint.

MS will be releasing a complex security program for Windows 11 that automatically tests any non-MS software you install. It will refuse to install dangerous software, and there is nothing you can do about it.

New Win 11 computers will have it installed, whether you want it or not. Current users will have to do a clean re-install (that deletes everything on your computer) of Win 11 to install the new security program.

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Microsoft won't release figures showing how popular Windows 11 is, but online stat counters show it to be disappointingly low.

Higher-end users are the most common, but the average SEEMS to be 8.57% of all Windows users are using 11.

On the bright side, most users are happy with it.

My advice? Don't worry about it. It's mostly Windows 10 with the furniture re-arranged.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Microsoft won't release figures showing how popular Windows 11 is, but online stat counters show it to be disappointingly low.

Higher-end users are the most common, but the average SEEMS to be 8.57% of all Windows users are using 11.

On the bright side, most users are happy with it.

My advice? Don't worry about it. It's mostly Windows 10 with the furniture re-arranged.

Yes and I tested it on a duo core, it runs ok, a bit slow but runs just fine on a quad core or better.

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My adorable wife suddenly panicked when her computer lost all contact with the internet, along with losing all her contacts. I got upset at all the problems we're been having with her Apple iPad, when she pointed out that it was her Windows computer.

Oh," I said. "Just reboot."

Problem solved.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Uh oh! We have a genuine complaint.

MS will be releasing a complex security program for Windows 11 that automatically tests any non-MS software you install. It will refuse to install dangerous software, and there is nothing you can do about it.

New Win 11 computers will have it installed, whether you want it or not. Current users will have to do a clean re-install (that deletes everything on your computer) of Win 11 to install the new security program.

Can you work around that by running Windows 10 or older in a Hyper V VM?

Also, what about reinstalling Windows 11 on a new system?

Upvote 0