The Wild West
✟476,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Liturgist, since Windows 11 is essentially Windows 10X with the furniture re-arranged, 11 should work well on any computer that runs 10 well.

Indeed, but what I am asking is, is there a workaround to get rid of that horrible sounding security suite you mentioned?

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
By the way, I am a systems programmer specializing in embedded systems in my day job; I majored in computer science and minored in theology, but then went to divinity school, served in a mainline Protestant denomination for a few years but left when my senior pastor, who, like me, was a traditionalist, retired, and had the opportunity to get into systems programming, which I pursued exclusively until 2014, when I started doing liturgical scholarship for a friend of mine as a bishop, and I returned to the ministry in 2019, but I continue doing embedded systems programming to support my ministry. This involves mainly working with real time operating systems like VxWorks and the open source eCos, as well as the BSDs, Minix and Linux; I have done a little bit of work with Windows Embedded, but not really programming, more configuration, and frankly, Windows is not a good embedded OS in my opinion, in that for what an embedded OS needs to do, its bloated, it is difficult to remove the bloat (Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs, which was a stripped down version of Windows XP intended to replace Windows 9x on computers which could not run XP proper, being the leanest modern NT system, and that was in the late 2000s), and it has a reputation of causing embarrassing displays of the BSOD on advertising kiosks.

I still regard it as a good workstation OS, and the Windows Hypervisor (Hyper V) is impressive, but its not what my clients want. And I haven’t even had time to install Windows 11 yet.

I am also not good when it comes to Windows system administration; I never do it professionally. Once I did set up Active Directory in my lab, and that was it.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Liturgist, you know more about Windows than I do!

As I understand it, the new security system will be an integrated part of Windows 11. It is called "Pluton," and Microsoft states that it is directly connected to both the CPU and the operating system.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,745.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I bought a new laptop the other day to set it up for someone who wanted one for e-mail, web browsing, playing music and videos, editing photos and writing documents.

It was advertised as being "pre-installed" with Windows 11 however when I switched it on, I had to wait up to nearly half an hour for the OS to set itself up. I lost count of the number of messages I received telling me to wait and, of course, the pointless re-boots of the system.

Then came the requests for me to divulge all kinds of information, presumably to "improve" my computing experience. And why all these invites to sign up to different subscription services for the kind of software products most people expect to use as standard.

And the OS itself? Very slow - in my experience. When clicking on a context menu, I had to wait a few seconds for it to appear. Really? On a 64 bit computer?

I finally had just about enough and got out my USB drive containing my Linux OS of choice.
The system was fully installed and ready to use in less than 10 minutes. No endless pop ups and nagging screens. Desktop environment looked just as beautiful as Windows, buttery smooth, fast, and infinitely more customisable.
Fonts seemed much crisper and pleasing to the eye.

Sorry but I was not very impressed with Windows 11 at all.

Upvote 0

ElCamino

Dec 27, 2021
Culiacan
✟49,889.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I bought a new laptop the other day to set it up for someone who wanted one for e-mail, web browsing, playing music and videos, editing photos and writing documents.

It was advertised as being "pre-installed" with Windows 11 however when I switched it on, I had to wait up to nearly half an hour for the OS to set itself up. I lost count of the number of messages I received telling me to wait and, of course, the pointless re-boots of the system.

Then came the requests for me to divulge all kinds of information, presumably to "improve" my computing experience. And why all these invites to sign up to different subscription services for the kind of software products most people expect to use as standard.

And the OS itself? Very slow - in my experience. When clicking on a context menu, I had to wait a few seconds for it to appear. Really? On a 64 bit computer?

I finally had just about enough and got out my USB drive containing my Linux OS of choice.
The system was fully installed and ready to use in less than 10 minutes. No endless pop ups and nagging screens. Desktop environment looked just as beautiful as Windows, buttery smooth, fast, and infinitely more customisable.
Fonts seemed much crisper and pleasing to the eye.

Sorry but I was not very impressed with Windows 11 at all.

I had a similar experience with a laptop I set up for my brother. I use an iMac for work and a Windows 10 PC for every day use and entertainment.

I've never had any issues with W10 and I thought W11 would be an improvement; but it was a nightmare to set up and it completely turned me off to the idea of upgrading any time soon.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A variety of complaints are coming in over Win11's most recent update. I am having no problem with it, and I have the next update already installed because I am in the Insider Program.

However, MS is unable to explain the current problem. SOMETIMES, Malwarebytes interferes with Win 11. And some Windows programs that automatically run in the background are suspected in some cases.

Upvote 0