✟68,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

I'm fortunate enough (so far) to sorta have a foundation being set for me in regards to my dream of becoming a doctor (I will be starting my medicine/anatomy-related highschool science courses at the beginning of my winter semester in two weeks).

I'm fairly optimistic about my future in regards to that dream. However, I have been having someone close to me telling me that I might not be around because of the "rapture," and whatnot. Moreover, It really makes me rather sad when this person brings this up (It sorta makes me feel defeated if that makes sense?)

Is this person who is telling me this correct?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I'm fortunate enough (so far) to sorta have a foundation being set for me in regards to my dream of becoming a doctor (I will be starting my medicine/anatomy-related highschool science courses at the beginning of my winter semester in two weeks).

I'm fairly optimistic about my future in regards to that dream. However, I have been having someone close to me telling me that I might not be around because of the "rapture," and whatnot. Moreover, It really makes me rather sad when this person brings this up (It sorta makes me feel defeated if that makes sense?)

1. Well if you were taken instantly to heaven -- you would have the entire universe to explore.. I doubt you would be bored and you would have an infinite amount of material to study with the best teacher that the universe has ever known.

2. The rapture theory that most people use is not correct... read 2 Thess 2 and Matt 24 carefully. Read those first 10 verses very carefully

2 Thess 2 warns the reader not to be mislead by popular rapture stories.

Matt 24 says "immediately after the tribulation of those days" God sends forth His angels to gather his elect.

So while it is true that Jesus does return to take his people to heaven as John 14:1-4 says - ... the popular version of the rapture are not correct.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi,

No one knows the day or time when the Lord will return .. in the meantime do good in the world and pursuing to become a doctor is a good thing ... also maintain your walk with Jesus while doing so.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

My older brother told me he ruined his life by not going to university, because he was so convinced the Rapture would take pace soon (over 40 years ago) there would be no point in it. He'll be turning 65 in a few days.

Don't make the same mistake.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

it seems to me that the Holy Spirit is giving you a 'check' - a caution about believing your friend in this.

let your friend read what Jesus said:

(Mat 24:15) When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand; )
(Mat 24:16) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
(Mat 24:17) Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
(Mat 24:18) Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
(Mat 24:19) And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
(Mat 24:20) But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
(Mat 24:21) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
(Mat 24:22) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
(Mat 24:23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
(Mat 24:24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
(Mat 24:25) Behold, I have told you before.
(Mat 24:26) Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
(Mat 24:27) For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(Mat 24:28) For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
(Mat 24:29) Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
(Mat 24:30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
(Mat 24:31) And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
(Mat 24:32) Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
(Mat 24:33) So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
(Mat 24:34) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
(Mat 24:35) Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
(Mat 24:36) But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
(Mat 24:37) But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

(Mat 24:38) For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
(Mat 24:39) And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(Mat 24:40) Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(Mat 24:41) Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

(Mat 24:42) Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
(Mat 24:43) But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
(Mat 24:44) Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
(Mat 24:45) Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
(Mat 24:46) Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
(Mat 24:47) Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
(Mat 24:48) But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
(Mat 24:49) And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
(Mat 24:50) The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
(Mat 24:51) And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

in verse 38, the Lord points out that the unbelievers in Noah's day would be first taken by death, and Noah and the rest of the faithful left on the earth; and that it will be this way when the Lord returns as well. therefore, in verse 40, the one taken from the field will be the unbeliever; and in verse 41, the woman taken will be the unbeliever, while those left are the faithful (as in Noah's day). in the time of Noah, those taken first were taken by death of the mortal body; when the Lord returns, those taken first will be taken by death of the soul - death is a biblical name for the devil.

if your friend won't believe the bible, they aren't a friend you can afford to trust about things Christian

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

Nobody can know that, but a faithful Christian has nothing to fear. The medical profession is an honorable one for Christians. Go for it.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Keep yourself busy until then.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What if the rapture happens 500 years from today? no one knows the hour or day so it's best you move on with your life, as long as you're doing what the Lord requires, you can keep living your life and while you're trying to live your dreams, continue loving God and your fellow humans

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Live like the second coming would be tomorrow - plan like it will be 100 years from today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums