Why does Egypt not rise up against Israel when Gog does?

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yet according to the prophecy though, it's not Israel being destroyed here, it is Israel's enemies that are.
Yes , but that is what scripture is telling us that when the nation of Israel is about to be totally destroyed by all the surrounding countries that want Israel wiped off the face of the earth -JESUS returns and destroys Israels enemies - which is in reference to what scripture tells us is the last half of the 70th week prophecy

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because of the covenant that is confirmed by the false messiah- Israel is promised to be given security protection and as such they feel more relaxed and safe - then sudden destruction comes because they have let their guard down because they think they have their messiah reigning and then they realize they have been deceived and they run for safety to the mountains and Petra while destruction is destroying their country

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I get your point, it's a good one. Yet, in order for Ezekiel 38 and 39 to be meaning after the millennium, the millennium has to occur in this age, and not in the next age after Christ has returned. And like I pointed out in another post, in order to accept that, one has to admit Amils have been correct all along.

Ezekiel 38:22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Since common sense has to play a role in determining the timing of events involved, does it really make good sense, that if Christ has been physically present on the planet for a thousand years, that there would still be some that He would not be known in the eyes of many nations, and that they don't know that He is the LORD until He fulfills verse 22 above?

According to the book of revelation,Gog invades Israel after Christ comes and rresurrects the dead who died for their witness of him.I have no problem believing what revelations teaches.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the book of revelation,Gog invades Israel after Christ comes and rresurrects the dead who died for their witness of him.I have no problem believing what revelations teaches.

In order for you to be correct though, the millennium would need to precede Christ's return, not follow after His return.

My approach is basically this, right or wrong. If one's interpretations leads to nonsensical conclusions, that is a good indication there is something wrong with that interpretation.

Ezekiel 38:23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Interpreting this to mean a thousand years after the 2nd coming leads to nothing but nonsense. But if you disagree, thus see nothing nonsensical about it, then explain how it makes good sense that verse 23 would not be true until 1000 plus years later after Christ had physically returned.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In order for you to be correct though, the millennium would need to precede Christ's return, not follow after His return.

My approach is basically this, right or wrong. If one's interpretations leads to nonsensical conclusions, that is a good indication there is something wrong with that interpretation.

Ezekiel 38:23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Interpreting this to mean a thousand years after the 2nd coming leads to nothing but nonsense. But if you disagree, thus see nothing nonsensical about it, then explain how it makes good sense that verse 23 would not be true until 1000 plus years later after Christ had physically returned.

According to revelation 20.
Christ comes and resurrects the dead who died for his testimony.Then they reign with Christ in his kingdom for 1000 years.After the 1000 years ate fulfilled,Gog invades Israel and is destroyed by God.
I believe every word of it and it makes perfect sense to me.

Not everyone will be of Jesus's kingdom.Many shall come from,the east and west and shall sit down in the kingdom and many of those in the kingdom today shall be cast out.There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Upvote 0