Why does Egypt not rise up against Israel when Gog does?

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This question was posed in another thread.I started this thread so members could have the chance to answer.
shilohsfoal said:
A very simple question.
According to scripture,Why does Egypt not rise up against Israel when Gog does?
Why does Egypt not accompany its neihbors Ethiopia and Libya when they join with Gog to invade Israel?

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is where those who believe Gog invades Israel before armegeddon fail to comprehend.

They cant explain why Lebanon,Syria,Jordan,Saudi Arabia ,Egypt,Gaza,Iraq do not attack israel.

All of the nations who peoples live within the promised land(from the Euphrates to the Nile) today do not invade Israel when Gog does.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ezekiel 29 makes a prophecy about the desolation of Egypt.
Ezekiel 29:
8 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast out of thee.

9 And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the Lord: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it.

10 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia.

11 No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

12 And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ezekiel 29 makes a prophecy about the desolation of Egypt.
Ezekiel 29:
8 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast out of thee.

9 And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the Lord: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it.

10 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia.

11 No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

12 And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.

And that's why Egypt doesn't invade Israel when Gog does.

Egypt is destroyed by the king of the north during armegeddon .
Daniel 11:42 He will extend his power over many countries; Egypt will not escape.

After armegeddon,Egypt will lay desolate for 40 years and after that will always be a feeble kingdom never to lift itself up against anyone again.
And that is why Egypt will not accompany Gog when he invades Israel 1000 years after armegeddon.It will stillbe a feeble kingdom even then.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
PSALMS CHAPTER 83 KJV

This war takes place 1000 years before Gog invades Israel.
In the psalms 83 war (aka armegeddon)Syria,Jordan,Gaza,Egypt ,Iraq,Saudi Arabia and Turkey as far as the euphrates river is captured by Israel.
All of the land within the boundaries promised to Abraham.For 1000 years after the psalms 83 war,Israel,will have peace .
After this long term of peace Gog invades Israel .That is why Syria,Jordan ,Egypt,Gaza,Saudi Arabia and Iraq do not accompany Gog.Most of them dont exist and havebeen conquered by Israel,and Egypt will be to feeble.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

crush

Apr 24, 2010
✟13,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gog of Magog is a reference to King Gyges of Lydia, referred to by the Assyrians as King Gugu of Magugu. He died some 200 years before Ezekiel's prophecy and isn't thought to be referencing some future military leader. The Gog 'army' of Ezekiel 38-39 is a figurative 'locust army, as understood from it's context. They are like a 'cloud', they 'cover the land', these are comparisons to how locusts swarms will attack crops in the field. Locusts attack in a very organized manner and destroy everything in their path but the unique thing the bible says about them is they have no leader over them. They have no king.

Proverbs 30:27 The locusts have no king, yet go they forth all of them by bands

The interesting thing about the legend of King Gyges of Lydia is that he was said to have the power to become invisible at will. In his younger days he experienced an earthquake while tending his herds that revealed a cave nearby. When he explored this cave he discovered the tomb of an ancient Giant king buried in an iron horse. He found a ring on the dead giant's finger and took it. This ring gave him the power of invisibility. As Plato wrote of him: if he turned the ring one way he would become invisible, if he turned it the other way he would become visible again. So his legend and claim to fame was invisibility. When he went to war or attacked his enemies he would do it invisibly, and it would appear to those being attacked that their attackers had no king over them. Which is exactly the way locust attack a field, with no king over them. Which is the way the figurative 'locusts armies' of Ezekiel 38, 39 and Joel 2 will attack, with no apparent leadership but with devastating results.

As pointed out above this attack is against "God's holy mountains" and is referencing a larger area of land than modern day Israel. The attack takes place within God's portioned land which is from the Nile to the Euphrates. So those that would rise up from within Jordan, Syria and Palestine are part of the army but the don't 'come' from another place like the rest of the places mentioned, they are already there. Saudi Arabia and Iraq are included as those coming from Sheba, Dedan and Persia.

The 'war' of Ezekiel 38 and 39 isn't a traditional war of nation states invading Israel, it is an uprising of Muslim nations that occurs in and around modern day Israel that draws in protesters from all around the Mideast, southern Spain, and northern Africa. Basically Israel does something Muslims don't like and they are drawn in from everywhere to protest, which quickly just turns into looting and burning everything. Those that can't get into the boundaries of modern day Israel protest, loot and burn in the Muslim nations surrounding it (Syria, Jordan, Gaza, Egypt). They burn down their own neighborhoods IOW and war 'brother against brother' as well as those inside modern Israel who are also looting and burning.

Look at their armor and weapons, it is not a traditional modern nation vs nation war. They wear helmets, have shields and clubs. Next time there is a protest somewhere in the world turn on the news and looks to see what the protesters and police are wearing. Both sides have helmets, shields and clubs. The 'war' is just a huge 'protest' turned violent similar to the 'arab spring' that occurred awhile back. The reason Syria, Jordan, Gaza, and Egypt aren't mentioned is because they are burning and being looted at this same time as Israel, by their own people as well as those that are drawn in from other countries.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Gog of Magog is a reference to King Gyges of Lydia, referred to by the Assyrians as King Gugu of Magugu. He died some 200 years before Ezekiel's prophecy and isn't thought to be referencing some future military leader. The Gog 'army' of Ezekiel 38-39 is a figurative 'locust army, as understood from it's context. They are like a 'cloud', they 'cover the land', these are comparisons to how locusts swarms will attack crops in the field. Locusts attack in a very organized manner and destroy everything in their path but the unique thing the bible says about them is they have no leader over them. They have no king.

Proverbs 30:27 The locusts have no king, yet go they forth all of them by bands

The interesting thing about the legend of King Gyges of Lydia is that he was said to have the power to become invisible at will. In his younger days he experienced an earthquake while tending his herds that revealed a cave nearby. When he explored this cave he discovered the tomb of an ancient Giant king buried in an iron horse. He found a ring on the dead giant's finger and took it. This ring gave him the power of invisibility. As Plato wrote of him: if he turned the ring one way he would become invisible, if he turned it the other way he would become visible again. So his legend and claim to fame was invisibility. When he went to war or attacked his enemies he would do it invisibly, and it would appear to those being attacked that their attackers had no king over them. Which is exactly the way locust attack a field, with no king over them. Which is the way the figurative 'locusts armies' of Ezekiel 38, 39 and Joel 2 will attack, with no apparent leadership but with devastating results.

As pointed out above this attack is against "God's holy mountains" and is referencing a larger area of land than modern day Israel. The attack takes place within God's portioned land which is from the Nile to the Euphrates. So those that would rise up from within Jordan, Syria and Palestine are part of the army but the don't 'come' from another place like the rest of the places mentioned, they are already there. Saudi Arabia and Iraq are included as those coming from Sheba, Dedan and Persia.

The 'war' of Ezekiel 38 and 39 isn't a traditional war of nation states invading Israel, it is an uprising of Muslim nations that occurs in and around modern day Israel that draws in protesters from all around the Mideast, southern Spain, and northern Africa. Basically Israel does something Muslims don't like and they are drawn in from everywhere to protest, which quickly just turns into looting and burning everything. Those that can't get into the boundaries of modern day Israel protest, loot and burn in the Muslim nations surrounding it (Syria, Jordan, Gaza, Egypt). They burn down their own neighborhoods IOW and war 'brother against brother' as well as those inside modern Israel who are also looting and burning.

Look at their armor and weapons, it is not a traditional modern nation vs nation war. They wear helmets, have shields and clubs. Next time there is a protest somewhere in the world turn on the news and looks to see what the protesters and police are wearing. Both sides have helmets, shields and clubs. The 'war' is just a huge 'protest' turned violent similar to the 'arab spring' that occurred awhile back. The reason Syria, Jordan, Gaza, and Egypt aren't mentioned is because they are burning and being looted at this same time as Israel, by their own people as well as those that are drawn in from other countries.

By the time Gog invades Israel 1000 years after Syria and the Siani become part of Israel and every country in between,The Egyptians and Syrians left n the land shall worship God in Christ because there is only one way to worship God and that is in Christ.
So no.The Syrians,Egyptians nor anyone else within the boundaries of the promised land attack Israel.

Isaiah 19:23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 20:8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth--Gog and Magog--and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore.
The word of God is very clear this is when Gog invades Israel.At no other time does God say otherwise.
Why is it so hard to understand Gog invades Israel after the millennial reign?
Why is it so hard for people to believe the word of God?
Is it because of what they have been taught by someone else?

That only makes sense if the millennial reign is meaning in this age prior to the 2nd coming. That makes no sense if the millennial reign is meaning after the 2nd coming.

Ezekiel 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Once this prophecy is fulfilled, verse 29 above is the outcome. It is ludicrous that God would be hiding His face from them during the millennial reign, assuming that reign is after the 2nd coming. Since that can't work without making nonsense of the texts involved, the fulfillment of Ez 38 and 39 are meaning before the millennial reign, and not after it instead.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That only makes sense if the millennial reign is meaning in this age prior to the 2nd coming. That makes no sense if the millennial reign is meaning after the 2nd coming.

Ezekiel 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Once this prophecy is fulfilled, verse 29 above is the outcome. It is ludicrous that God would be hiding His face from them during the millennial reign, assuming that reign is after the 2nd coming. Since that can't work without making nonsense of the texts involved, the fulfillment of Ez 38 and 39 are meaning before the millennial reign, and not after it instead.

You make no sense at all.
The word of God plainly states Gog invades Israel after the millennial reign and you cant understand it.
This is the word of God which is easily understood and makes perfect sense.
Revelation 20:7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison
Revelation 20:8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth--Gog and Magog--and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore.

Now show me your word in the bible where you state Gog will invade Israel before the mellinial reign.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Zechariah 14:2 I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.
Zechariah 14:3 Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle.
Zechariah 14:4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.
Zechariah 14:5 You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.

The nations soon to come against Jerusalem,Egypt,Syria,Jordan,Lebanon will take Jerusalem ransacking the houses and raping the women.
Then the Lord comes.Those nations which come against Jerusalem,willb destroyed .After Jesus,comes and takes Jerusalem, Jerusalem cannot e taken again.
Zechariah 14:11 It will be inhabited; never again will it be destroyed. Jerusalem will be secure.

This is what will happen to nations who come against Jerusalem including Egypt.
Zechariah 14:12 This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

As for Egypt.If they do not go up to worship,in Christ then they will suffer the plague.
Zechariah 14:18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The LORD will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

Egypt singled out as one of the nations who come against Jerusalem at the time Jesus comes(Armegeddon).But as stated earlier in this thread.Egypt does not invade Israel 1000 years later when Gog invades Israel.Nations may travel through Egypt to invade Israel but Egypt,is a no go.

Ezekiel 38:5 KJV: Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

Egypt will be so weak ,it will never exalt itself even 1000 years after armegeddon .

Ezekiel 29:15 It will be the lowliest of kingdoms and will never again exalt itself above the other nations. I will make it so weak that it will never again rule over the nations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You make no sense at all.
The word of God plainly states Gog invades Israel after the millennial reign and you cant understand it.
This is the word of God which is easily understood and makes perfect sense.
Revelation 20:7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison

Now show me your word in the bible where you state Gog will invade Israel before the mellinial reign.

Remind me where you are placing the millennial reign. Before or after the 2nd coming? If before, then it makes sense that the attack would be after the reign, which then places the attack prior to the 2nd coming. But if you are placing the reign after the 2nd coming, it makes no sense to place the fulfillment of Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 after the millennial reign,

The following assumes the millennial reign is after the 2nd coming. As to the 2nd coming, when that occurs not a single person on the entire planet is going to be unware that it occurred. Everyone will know. When Christ sets up His govenrment at that time, again, not a single person left alive on the earth is not going to not be aware of this. Everyone will know. With that in mind-----

The scenario is as follows.The millennial reign has begun. Christ is physically back on earth and ruling the entire planet with a rod of iron.

Then a thousand years later the following begins being fulfilled.

Ezekiel 39:2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:
3 And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.
4 Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.
5 Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.
7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

Look what verse 6 and 7 indicates. Now try and picture that meaning after Christ has already returned, and has already started governing the enire planet, where He has been governing the entire planet for a thousand years straight at this point. Verse 7 says---and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more. In order to fulfill that, that infers that they had been polluting His holy name up until this point, which would have to include during the millennial reign.

Verse 6 says---and they shall know that I am the LORD. Really? How could they possibly not already know that since Christ Himself has been present on the earth for the past 1000 years, and that He is the Lord?

Maybe my approach is all wrong? I tend to look at the clues in the texts involved, then use some good common sense based on the clues in the texts, in order to try and form an opinion of the timing meant. Good common sense says that everyone left alive on the planet following the 2nd coming, they would all know He is the Lord, therefore these events recorded above have to take place when not everyone on the entire planet might know He is the Lord. This of course only makes sense if the timing of these prophecies involve a time prior to the 2nd coming.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Remind me where you are placing the millennial reign. Before or after the 2nd coming? If before, then it makes sense that the attack would be after the reign, which then places the attack prior to the 2nd coming. But if you are placing the reign after the 2nd coming, it makes no sense to place the fulfillment of Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 after the millennial reign,

The following assumes the millennial reign is after the 2nd coming. As to the 2nd coming, when that occurs not a single person on the entire planet is going to be unware that it occurred. Everyone will know. When Christ sets up His govenrment at that time, again, not a single person left alive on the earth is not going to not be aware of this. Everyone will know. With that in mind-----

The scenario is as follows.The millennial reign has begun. Christ is physically back on earth and ruling the entire planet with a rod of iron.

Then a thousand years later the following begins being fulfilled.

Ezekiel 39:2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:
3 And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.
4 Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.
5 Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.
7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

Look what verse 6 and 7 indicates. Now try and picture that meaning after Christ has already returned, and has already started governing the enire planet, where He has been governing the entire planet for a thousand years straight at this point. Verse 7 says---and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more. In order to fulfill that, that infers that they had been polluting His holy name up until this point, which would have to include during the millennial reign.

Verse 6 says---and they shall know that I am the LORD. Really? How could they possibly not already know that since Christ Himself has been present on the earth for the past 1000 years, and that He is the Lord?

Maybe my approach is all wrong? I tend to look at the clues in the texts involved, then use some good common sense based on the clues in the texts, in order to try and form an opinion of the timing meant. Good common sense says that everyone left alive on the planet following the 2nd coming, they would all know He is the Lord, therefore these events recorded above have to take place when not everyone on the entire planet might know He is the Lord. This of course only makes sense if the timing of these prophecies involve a time prior to the 2nd coming.

You assume Christ will govern the entire world during the mellinial reign.
You assume Gog and all the world will know if Christ is in Jerusalem or not.What malkes you think Gog and his followers know anything?

Ezekiel 38:14 "Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: In that day, when my people Israel are living in safety, will you not take notice of it?

You claim Gog will know when Christ is in Jerusalem.Its obvious that he doesnt know anything about scripture,Israel,or Christ.

As for Ezekiel,38:4
It says Israel shall be living in safety.Israel will not be living in safety till after Christ comes.Not before.Therefore Gog will not be invading israel till after Christ cmes as the good book of revelation says.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In regard to Gog and Magog there is not 2 different wars , so don't focus on the names Gog and Magog , as they represent people who are rebellious
Magog refers to northern barbarians in general, though also is likened to Magog the person --as the people of Magog are described as skilled warriors or barbarians being very rebellious - Gog being a leader

In Ezk 38-39- Gog and Magog Gog is described as “of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal” there are only a few nations/countries of the northern parts that have come down from the north to wage war on Israel during the 70th week when Israel has relaxed it's security forces being under the impression that the threat of war is not as imminent as it has been , God has put the hook in the jaw of the northern armies and brought them down to wage war on Israel - Jesus returns and destroys those armies that are attacking Israel and Jesus establishes His Kingdom on earth

In Rev 20 even though the words Gog and Magog are used it is Not the same as in
Ezk 38- rather it is used as term to describe a people who are behaving just the same as the true former Gog and Magog of Ezk 38 but notice the major difference-

In Ezk 38-39 it is just a few nations/countries that come down from the north and in Rev 20 it is people from all over the earth from all directions NSEW from the entire earth that are marching across the earth to attack/wage war on Gods people-

Major difference here is that when they reach the camp of Gods people - BEFORE they get a chance to attack anyone Fire comes down from heaven and destroys all of those who were intending to attack Gods people -
so in reality there is no war of Gog and Magog in Rev 20 because God destroys them

The resulting comparison is that in Ezk 38-39 there is a Gog and Magog war that Jesus defeats the enemies upon His 2nd coming

In Rev 20 Gog and Magog - those who intend to attack Gods people are destroyed by fire coming down from heaven before they can attack - so there is actually only one Gog and Magog war that is carried out into war which is Ezk 38-39

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In regard to Gog and Magog there is not 2 different wars , so don't focus on the names Gog and Magog , as they represent people who are rebellious
Magog refers to northern barbarians in general, though also is likened to Magog the person --as the people of Magog are described as skilled warriors or barbarians being very rebellious - Gog being a leader

In Ezk 38-39- Gog and Magog Gog is described as “of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal” there are only a few nations/countries of the northern parts that have come down from the north to wage war on Israel during the 70th week when Israel has relaxed it's security forces being under the impression that the threat of war is not as imminent as it has been , God has put the hook in the jaw of the northern armies and brought them down to wage war on Israel - Jesus returns and destroys those armies that are attacking Israel and Jesus establishes His Kingdom on earth

In Rev 20 even though the words Gog and Magog are used it is Not the same as in
Ezk 38- rather it is used as term to describe a people who are behaving just the same as the true former Gog and Magog of Ezk 38 but notice the major difference-

In Ezk 38-39 it is just a few nations/countries that come down from the north and in Rev 20 it is people from all over the earth from all directions NSEW from the entire earth that are marching across the earth to attack/wage war on Gods people-

Major difference here is that when they reach the camp of Gods people - BEFORE they get a chance to attack anyone Fire comes down from heaven and destroys all of those who were intending to attack Gods people -
so in reality there is no war of Gog and Magog in Rev 20 because God destroys them

The resulting comparison is that in Ezk 38-39 there is a Gog and Magog war that Jesus defeats the enemies upon His 2nd coming

In Rev 20 Gog and Magog - those who intend to attack Gods people are destroyed by fire coming down from heaven before they can attack - so there is actually only one Gog and Magog war that is carried out into war which is Ezk 38-39

Of all Israelis who live in Israel when Gog invades Israel in ezekiel 38-39.How many of those Israelis die?
Can you quote the number from scripture please.

Upvote 0