Why are we accountable if we did not ask to be exist?

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
The original content of this message has been removed by the user as posts cannot be deleted. The original content of this message may still be visible if quoted by another CF member.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Are you not yourself good and bad, right and wrong, old and young for example?
Well yes, maybe, don't know. I try to be nice, and forget being good or bad.

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Well yes, maybe, don't know. I try to be nice, and forget being good or bad.

If you start with the wisdom of I can't fully know God but I acknowledge that He exists then you're on the way to salvation and as long as you keep seeking Truth and Him you'll avoid Hell so you can forget about yourself and this life and this world and be something better beyond your dreams.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Are you being facetious or asking a genuine question?

Genuine - I don't know much about that and you seem to :)
It sounded like a liberal doctrine that's growing in acceptance.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
If you start with the wisdom of I can't fully know God but I acknowledge that He exists then you're on the way to salvation and as long as you keep seeking Truth and Him you'll avoid Hell so you can forget about yourself and this life and this world and be something better beyond your dreams.
It's ok I'll survive.

Upvote 0

dc87

Dec 30, 2016
virginia
✟16,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I used to say that to my parents when I was a teenager. :)
To be honest now I am ashamed of saying such a thing.
My parents didn't ask to be born either and they never complained about their parents or God to me ever....

Why would they? My child never heard me speak like I am now. It's really not his business. Actually your reasoning correlates with my questioning. You are saying only children say this to their parents. Well, here... I am... saying to my heavenly Father... this exact thing.

That wasn't the question.

You asked "Children don't ask to be born. Should they not be accountable to their parents?" No actually the parents are accountable to God in how they train their children. And in the end, the children do not answer to the parents, they answer to God. Also what I was saying was in a sense temporarily yes they are accountable to me but I will not kill my children and send them away for ever - even if they commited murder - as the Lord will do.

Let's say you have the power to create intelligent beings. The beings you fashion did not ask to be formed. You decided to create them because you are creative, it is in your nature to make things, you are love, and you create beings capable of loving- but MOST importantly, you want to lavish your love on beings you create.

You make your beings, and you give them boundaries (for their good- so they will be happy and healthy). Your beings are wilful and decide they know better than you, and operate outside the boundaries.

Because you love these beings, and desire their eternal health and happiness, you have set up eternal laws that can not be violated. If they are, the beings are no longer happy and healthy.

He has our good as His ultimate driving force for what He does.

The problem here is this: when the eternal laws have been violated we still stay in existence. I would never create a creature that I could not destroy (especially if it - me - wants to be destroyed). Apparently we cannot be destroyed and that sucks. That means God created a creature that, if broken and not pieced back together in the allotted amount of time (life on earth), then we will stay broken on the floor twitching for ever and ever and ever. No I would of never created a creature like that. Thats horrible.

you did not exist before you were born. God gave you the gift of life along with a free will.

... right I didn't... it was great. And there are many in a different place right now who would probably contend that this life thing is not much of a gift.

Well a lot of verses say it's a fire. But what type of fire, physical fire or spiritual fire?

This has gotten way off topic.

Would you really want to live forever in sin

Not existing would be cool. And anything is better than the lake of fire... so in that case... yes.

Of course God wishes for our well being. But some of us decide we don't want a relationship with Him, so that is what we get. Choices have consequences.

Who asked me if I wanted a 'being' in the first place?

But God Almighty is letting the believer know that this world is not their home... He is offering us eternal life!

Ya I'm going to create something.... drop it off in a desert and say this not your home and if you follow these pebbles you can have eternal life... if not or you miss a pebble you will starve and die and burn. Yea thats a horrible thing to do.

It was bearing a false witness of the Word to God and everyone.

This is getting off topic.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My parents didn't ask to be born either and they never complained about their parents or God to me ever.
I just think its the height of arrogance to say such a thing now. (sorry but I do have some empathy for you) And isn't it the spoilt first world teenagers, who tend to say it? I mean, would Christians in poor countries say it?
Can you imagine if God spoke to us like this before our lives started?
"Now Paul, this is what your life is going to be like. You grow up in a nice first world working class family, not rich but very loving. You will suffer a lot of anxiety and self-doubt throughout your life. Its up to you if you want to make the most of it. Do you want it or not? I've got a spare life as a tortured Chrstian in a Muslim dominated country but you probably wouldn't like that , would you?"
Perfect.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
The original content of this message has been removed by the user as posts cannot be deleted. The original content of this message may still be visible if quoted by another CF member.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

dc87

Dec 30, 2016
virginia
✟16,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In addition to my response post above this, I would like to add as this deserves a full response. Good post. But in error I believe.

My parents didn't ask to be born either and they never complained about their parents or God to me ever.

[...response in post above...]

...I mean, would Christians in poor countries say it?

Um.... yes! duh

Can you imagine if God spoke to us like this before our lives started?
"Now Paul, this is what your life is going to be like. You grow up in a nice first world working class family, not rich but very loving. You will suffer a lot of anxiety and self-doubt throughout your life. Its up to you if you want to make the most of it. Do you want it or not? I've got a spare life as a tortured Chrstian in a Muslim dominated country but you probably wouldn't like that , would you?"

I would say.... no thanks. Just don't create me. And He would say NO BUT I MUST.... My question is WHY????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

dc87

Dec 30, 2016
virginia
✟16,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God created things - saw it was good -very good.
Man chose to give the rights of their dominion away to the devil.
God has provided us a time of grace as Jesus Christ overcame death and offers us redemption. We can be
translated from the kingdom of darkness to His kingdom.
We do not have to follow the prince of this world that is a murderer, liar, and loser.

I don't want a dominion.... You can have it. Leave my soul and spirit out.... o wait for some reason I HAVE to be created!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It sounded like a liberal doctrine that's growing in acceptance.

People (nothing new under the sun) want to tone down the Bible.
Mankind has changed over the years, surly God had also changed?
Wrong

These liberal doctrines are fairly new -- within the last couple of hundred years.

M-Bob

Upvote 0