Why are we accountable if we did not ask to be exist?

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
I see, well those who are in hell for eternity will be there as sinners. Right?

Those condemned to Hell are unrepentant towards God aka sinners yes.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Children don't ask to be born. Should they not be accountable to their parents?

No parent would EVER consign their child to eternal torture! Your analogy fails badly! Now if we who are EVIL would not do this, how much LESS would God, who is supposed to be good, do this!

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Making a mistake isn't a "lie." And it's certainly not "bearing false witness" in the sense "lying and saying you saw someone commit a crime when you really didn't."

Making a mistake isn't wrong it's a learning curve and opportunity to make a better choice next time.

I stated something which wasn't true therefore it was an untruth therefore it was a lie. A lie that could have troubled or affected another person or their faith for which I was guilty of once I became aware of it.
I repented and sought reconciliation with God and the witnesses of this thread.
It was bearing a false witness of the Word to God and everyone.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
I can empathize with your words. I am an Antinatlist and I believe life is not good. I am christian so as to help me get through life. I found out life was not good when I got very sick years ago. I would have preferred not to be created so that I would not have suffered all I have. I also do not think God is all powerful and I think that is why we suffer so much. I didn't ask to be born either. I find healing in the Christian faith and comfort too. Life can be very hard but the Christian faith does help to connect one to God and give some relief from the fears of life.

Suffering and sickness is a side effect of Adam's original sin the penalty is bodily death.
As Adam's seed we live, we suffer and we die.
As Christ's seed we die to this world of pain to live with Him forever painfree.
We suffer and endure in Christ now to be at peace next.
Those in peace and comfort now without Christ will be in torment next.

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
OK, then what does your "Spirit" tell you about those words.

Good question, a quick answer I don't have a long answer could take some time to study and be prayed over.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

cuja1

Sep 28, 2012
Springfield, IL
✟22,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a frustration of mine. I'm not necessarily a non believer. But this is a topic anyone could ask so I ask it here.

I did not ask to be born. Why does God hold me accountable for anything?

He created me, gave me a spirit im supposed to make sure conforms to his destinity - otherwise im doomed. gee.... thanks :/ so gracious of You. Sometimes im like... can I go back to not existing.... no? k... thanks for nothing! (i say that sarcastically today but not always)

What am I not realizing?
This was and still is a hard question that I've dealt with.

I don't want to go to hell but I don't really want to be alive either. And yet, your only choice is do it God's way or go to hell.

Maybe the only answer is you have to take a leap of faith and trust that He's right.

The thing is, we have no choice in the matter. Really all you can do is ask Jesus to save you.

I do know this, God's way is the best way. If you don't believe me try doing it your way for as long as you like. Eventually our way always ends in misery.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No parent would EVER consign their child to eternal torture! Your analogy fails badly! Now if we who are EVIL would not do this, how much LESS would God, who is supposed to be good, do this!

The analogy is fine. Your judgement of God by your human standards is what is flawed.

Isaiah 45:9-10

9 “Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker,
those who are nothing but potsherds
among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter,
‘What are you making?’
Does your work say,
‘The potter has no hands’?
10 Woe to the one who says to a father,
‘What have you begotten?’
or to a mother,
‘What have you brought to birth?’

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
This was and still is a hard question that I've dealt with.

I don't want to go to hell but I don't really want to be alive either. And yet, your only choice is do it God's way or go to hell.

Maybe the only answer is you have to take a leap of faith and trust that He's right.

The thing is, we have no choice in the matter. Really all you can do is ask Jesus to save you.

I do know this, God's way is the best way. If you don't believe me try doing it your way for as long as you like. Eventually our way always ends in misery.
How do you choose to believe in him without having that choice effected by hell.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
The original content of this message has been removed by the user as posts cannot be deleted. The original content of this message may still be visible if quoted by another CF member.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
What do you mean? Do you mean how do I view God as loving?
No, well the God of the bible is portrayed as loving and wrathful. Healing and punishing, saving and destroying.

These are opposites in nature, very strange.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
By taking the time and effort getting to know what He actually says about Himself and life with Him verses against Him?
Dedicated and consistent study of His Word with limited distractions from the world and commentaries is a good starting point, from personal experience.

It might not be a magical overnight fuzzy experience but it might be!
I am Mr. Fuzzy.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

I guess that we will not be wise without having the fear of God in us.

Makes sense to me and I don't argue with the Bible -- God's Word.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Verse please -- that does not ring a bell.

M-Bob

James 4:17 I misspoke and apologised earlier for the mistake. I believe I was instead quoting the expounding opinion of a Bible teacher, my bad.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cuja1

Sep 28, 2012
Springfield, IL
✟22,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, well the God of the bible is portrayed as loving and wrathful. Healing and punishing, saving and destroying.

The apologetics (or reasons) are confusing and to be honest not all that satisfying. You may not be in a position yet to accept those things (and i am only in the beginning stages of accepting them).

God is good. He created a beautiful world with people in our lives that love us. (you need to come to a full comprehension of all that God does). He is also frighteningly severe when it comes to punishing sin.

I don't understand it. Not even close. My hope is that when i die i find that annihilation was the actual punishment.

But i don't choose to believe in God or the Bible. I just do. And because of that i am trying to accept what the Bible says about God whether it makes sense to my human mind or not.

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

Are you not yourself good and bad, right and wrong, old and young for example?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
The original content of this message has been removed by the user as posts cannot be deleted. The original content of this message may still be visible if quoted by another CF member.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The apologetics (or reasons) are confusing and to be honest not all that satisfying. You may not be in a position yet to accept those things (and i am only in the beginning stages of accepting them).

God is good. He created a beautiful world with people in our lives that love us. (you need to come to a full comprehension of all that God does). He is also frighteningly severe when it comes to punishing sin.

I don't understand it. Not even close. My hope is that when i die i find that annihilation was the actual punishment.

But i don't choose to believe in God or the Bible. I just do. And because of that i am trying to accept what the Bible says about God whether it makes sense to my human mind or not.
That was very honest, thank you.

Upvote 0