Why are we accountable if we did not ask to be exist?

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
The original content of this message has been removed by the user as posts cannot be deleted. The original content of this message may still be visible if quoted by another CF member.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

dc87

Dec 30, 2016
virginia
✟16,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You go round in circles. God will forgive you no matter what you have done. Stop being tormented and just tell Him you're sorry.

Sadly... this is not sufficient... unless you are catholic.

You're whole argument is moot lol.

Actually it is asking a question which has yet to be answered, one which no one seems to know except God Himself apparently. I am given analogies (which are enjoyable) which do not answer it.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
The original content of this message has been removed by the user as posts cannot be deleted. The original content of this message may still be visible if quoted by another CF member.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

dc87

Dec 30, 2016
virginia
✟16,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's relevant in the sense that if we don't choose our baptism and we are baptised as infants or without believing it can place a lot of doubt on us as adults we can fall away in our teens or adulthood and then wonder if our salvation is still possible because we didn't choose to be part of a binding contract.

I believe that the question I asked could come across anyones mind: christian, muslim, heathen, etc... If you are not attacking the question, then you are not contributing. Assume that I am sure of my salvation.... so there is no issue there.

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It really IS distressing to feel like you're in an impossible situation. I sympathize more than I can say.
I liked your post and I apologize to you and anyone if my post was too harsh. it is definitely my lack of empathy because I have been so lucky in life, that I shouldn't keep others to the same standard. Some people suffer awful mental torment in this life, just thinking about God and religion. For them, maybe religion is more a burden than a relief. I hope you can sort this issue out soon.

Upvote 0

least

To God be the Glory!
Dec 20, 2011
✟13,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is a frustration of mine. I'm not necessarily a non believer. But this is a topic anyone could ask so I ask it here.

I did not ask to be born. Why does God hold me accountable for anything?

He created me, gave me a spirit im supposed to make sure conforms to his destinity - otherwise im doomed. gee.... thanks :/ so gracious of You. Sometimes im like... can I go back to not existing.... no? k... thanks for nothing! (i say that sarcastically today but not always)

What am I not realizing?
I am going to respond with what may seem to be a harsh tone, but I promise you it is not meant to be.

First, why do you refer to God as your Father? Because you believe in God? That is not enough, for when Jesus came to his own people, the Jews—although they believed in God—they did not receive him, “But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.” (John 1:11-13).

The underlying issue you have is that you reject God’s word, which testify of the Lord Jesus Christ. Do you believe in God? Why don’t you believe what he says? Read the words of Paul, “For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve” (1 Corinthians 15:3-5).

Again, the only way that you can have a relationship with God as your father is by being born again. That is only possible through the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

Without your acceptance of God’s word as authoritative, no one on this forum can truly give you a biblical or Christian response to your question.

Until then, here are some questions for you:

Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said,
“Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
Dress for action like a man;
I will question you, and you make it known to me.
Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell, if you have understanding.” Job 38:1-4

And the Lord said to Job,
“Shall a faultfinder contend with the Almighty?
He who argues with God, let him answer it.” Job 40:1-2

“You will say to me then, ‘Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?’ But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, ‘Why have you made me like this?’” Romans 9:19-20

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You asked "Children don't ask to be born. Should they not be accountable to their parents?" No actually the parents are accountable to God in how they train their children. And in the end, the children do not answer to the parents, they answer to God. Also what I was saying was in a sense temporarily yes they are accountable to me but I will not kill my children and send them away for ever - even if they commited murder - as the Lord will do.

You don't believe children are accountable to their parents. Good to know. And guessing by all the problems we have with youthful offenders, I'd say you're not alone in that belief.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is a frustration of mine. I'm not necessarily a non believer. But this is a topic anyone could ask so I ask it here.

I did not ask to be born. Why does God hold me accountable for anything?

He created me, gave me a spirit im supposed to make sure conforms to his destinity - otherwise im doomed. gee.... thanks :/ so gracious of You. Sometimes im like... can I go back to not existing.... no? k... thanks for nothing! (i say that sarcastically today but not always)

What am I not realizing?
The greatest question, that will lead to the answer for you, is how does God hold you accountable? If charges are brought against you, why are you guilty and not innocent? Can you give an example of the charges you are facing?

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I liked your post and I apologize to you and anyone if my post was too harsh. it is definitely my lack of empathy because I have been so lucky in life, that I shouldn't keep others to the same standard. Some people suffer awful mental torment in this life, just thinking about God and religion. For them, maybe religion is more a burden than a relief. I hope you can sort this issue out soon.
That's nice.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I sincerely apologise for coming into your designated non-christian space with my faith based opinions and assumptions and for any offense I may have caused to individual thread contributers and watchers.
I'm in the bad habit of seeing interesting threads and jumping in the conversations before checking the particular forum its in. I will seek to do better!
Please forgive my intrusion and take care :clap:
What the?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The greatest question, that will lead to the answer for you, is how does God hold you accountable? If charges are brought against you, why are you guilty and not innocent? Can you give an example of the charges you are facing?
I don't have a clue what's going on?!#@

Arrrrrrrh!

Upvote 0