Aug 9, 2008
Long Island, New York
Visit site
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure I come off as very boring to most people. That's fine, I don't care. I have different interests and values from most people that I am passionate about. Hopefully I'll come across someone compatible who is interested in similar things and holds similar values- someone like that probably wouldn't find me boring.

To point out the problem with the OP you should try to understand my perspective. I find mainstream society very boring. I find it dull, repetitive and pointless and I don't really understand why most people like what they do, and why the things that are popular are popular. Most people find it interesting, maybe even exciting. I just don't share the same interests and values. I find most girls in general to be very boring, but I can't really blame them for it.

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seriously , why is it that most christian men are so boring? Not all ,but most of them are so boring. I want to find a good Christian guy ,but most of them are so boring. They have no style,nerdy, horrible taste in music, and they act so pefect when they know that they are not perfect.

I sympathize with you and agree with your general statement. Yes, it's generalize - but generalizing isn't bad as a rule. Just like stereotypes usually contain truth in them.

This would take some cultural and historical sleuthing... okay, more like a lot. I believe that Christian men have become largely passive and timid because

1) Strong biblical doctrine based off of proper cultural and historical context using standard rules of verbal communication from the original texts (whew! that was a mouthful) has not been given in Christendom for several generations. If it had been, the true lionhearted nature of Christianity would be seen and I believe men would be true men... mirror images of Christ who whose character was impeccable (of course). Strong and determined, coupled with kindness and grace.

2) Men have been feminized, to the dishonor of God. Feminization of men is a large topic, but it from my understanding it has a lot to owe to previous generations of men going AWOL in their family's lives as well as the culture in general turning against men and making true signs of masculinity something to be ashamed of while false masculinity (either absurd bravado or passivity) is lauded. Women are great, but they make terrible men and fathers. Only a male can be a father and a man. Many people, myself included, had their mothers attempt to take the role of father and we are hobbled for it.

I am saddened at the state of many of my spiritual brothers.

*Facepalm*

Men shouldn't be going to Church to chat up women.
I think that could be righteously disagreed with. Church is for many things, a large part of which is fellowship with the brethren. Some of that includes men mingling with the womenfolk and seeing who would be a good partner.

There is a reason why I hang out at the church kitchen a lot, and if you saw how slender I am you'd know that food wasn't the motivation. :D

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What we have here is a fallacy of questionable cause. What does being a Christian guy have to do with boredom? Just because two things occur together frequently (being a Christian guy and being boring) doesn't mean one caused the other.

Put another way, correlation does not imply causation. However causation seems to rely in part on correlation so I wouldn't dismiss it wholesale.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
No offence meant here because there are a lot of good christian men here.. BUT...

I see the way christian men behave.. and it shocks me.. stand up for us women please and for kids... lift us up.. even if we are not your girlfriend or wife or sister or next door neighbor.. or your children.. nephews and nieces etc...

Fight for us.. we need you.. we need you to fight for our rights.. womens rights.. nooooo.. we got it wrong.. in a big way.. be strong for us.. fight... fight.. fight for us.. show the world it is ok to be with one woman.. and love your kids.. and be a man.. and show us respect...

Its not ok for women to be abused its not ok to leave your families and leave your kids and make anything else important but caring for us.. say something.. say it in public.. my husband treated me badly and left his kids.. and only my dear dad said something to him.. many know.. they just won't say it..

I just want someone to fight for me for any woman.. stop being boring.. and be a man.. strong.. fierce... and unafraid.. many many women and kids need christian men to stop being weak and wimpy..

Upvote 0

Delta77

Nov 1, 2010
✟15,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i think what your experiencing is this
the church of today has kinda made the "christian man" toned down, be meek and exc . .
also because its hard for "worldly rich" people to lay down their life for Christ and become servants you don't see alot of "worldly rich" guys in church. aka the sports jocks, or just the guys that have "all the right stuff" however if you go to a christian collage or something i think you will find that there are plenty hardcore christains who aren't "boring" =D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 15, 2010
New York
Visit site
✟15,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seriously , why is it that most christian men are so boring? Not all ,but most of them are so boring. I want to find a good Christian guy ,but most of them are so boring. They have no style,nerdy, horrible taste in music, and they act so pefect when they know that they are not perfect.

I think it is because a lot of Christian guys are worried about being nice rather than being good.

Nice guys are concerned mainly with saving face and making people like them. When it comes to standing up for what really matters nice guys would rather do what makes people feel good than what is right. Sometimes feeling good and doing what is right go together, sometimes doing what is right doesn't make everyone feel good.

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it is because a lot of Christian guys are worried about being nice rather than being good.

Nice guys are concerned mainly with saving face and making people like them. When it comes to standing up for what really matters nice guys would rather do what makes people feel good than what is right. Sometimes feeling good and doing what is right go together, sometimes doing what is right doesn't make everyone feel good.

You sir, win a prize.

Upvote 0
I

ImperialPhantom

QFT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone actually summarized or figured out what constitutes a "boring" Christian guy? How am I supposed to know what to change if there isn't a list of things that are unacceptable?

Join a gang, perform a few armed robberies, spend 25 years in prison, get saved and then buy a 14lb Bible to beat the womens off of you with.

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone actually summarized or figured out what constitutes a "boring" Christian guy? How am I supposed to know what to change if there isn't a list of things that are unacceptable?

Once the diagnosis of boring man has been made it is pointless to try to figure out the symptoms, or indeed the cure. The diagnosis is entirely subjective and as such may be retracted at a later date by an independent verifier.

If one wishes to actively try and tackle the problem head on one may try to add some excitement to their life by randomly bursting into rap songs ending in balamory. One may also attempt to tame Barney and Denver, two very friendly dinosaurs who would make the most darling air of carriage saurs one ever did see.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Join a gang, perform a few armed robberies, spend 25 years in prison, get saved and then buy a 14lb Bible to beat the womens off of you with.

Or, in a less extreme version, become a prominent member of a band legendary for its "look at me, I'm evil" image, do a bunch of drugs, have sex with hundreds of groupies, cover your body with piercings and tattoos, get saved and then write a book about your conversion. (Make sure it's a hardcover with glossy pages, because it won't be heavy enough to beat the womens off of you with it if its a regular paperback).

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

Or, in a less extreme version, become a prominent member of a band legendary for its "look at me, I'm evil" image, do a bunch of drugs, have sex with hundreds of groupies, cover your bodies with piercings and tattoos, and then get saved, and write a book about your conversion (make sure it's a hardcover with glossy pages, because it won't be heavy enough to beat the womens off of you with it if its a regular paperback).

Hmmm I like that...then again, why not just get a lot of tattoos and fake the conversion story? That works for some people. :p

Upvote 0

BeeWrangler

wishing I was fishing
Feb 13, 2011
The boonies
✟5,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Just be yourself man, live for God and let the rest fall into place. Unless you sit on the couch 24/7 eating cheezy poofs your not boring, even then there are others out there who enjoy doing that aswell. Don't change yourself for anyone other than God. This thread is entertaining, but in reality who wants to become something they are not to attract someone who has nothing in common with them? People who share things in common do not find each other boring.

Upvote 0