• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Why are most christian Men Boring ?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by yam, Mar 7, 2011.

1. SullivanZ

SullivanZ Seeking His Face

+22
    Christian
    I think the church has lost showing men how to be strong, effective leaders. The men in church usually come out as weak, passive men or overbearing tyrants, so where is the balance? A man can be strong and heroic but still be compassionate and kind. That's what Jesus was. :)

2. BeeWrangler

BeeWrangler wishing I was fishing

+756
    Christian
    Married

From my experience of people, the hardcore people I would consider not so much "boring" as just a bit too focused on trying to be perfect in the mold humans of the religion try and imply they should be....and yes, I mean humans.

Luke 13:24-35 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

Mathew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

I tend to find born again Christians as more of the hardcores.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

I don't know about you, but I think I will take the bible's advice and "make every effort to enter through the narrow door" by being "hardcore" rather than risk not fitting in the door :) The bible says many "Christians" think they are saved but are not, better to be hot than luke warm :)

3. MacFall

MacFall Agorist

+995
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Maybe Christian men tend to reject style because it is vanity? And there is no such thing as "horrible taste in music" - only music that you don't like. What do you want, a Christian guy who dresses like Cat from Red Dwarf and acts like The Situation from Jersey Shore?

4. white dove

white dove (she's a) maniac

+1,962
    Other Religion
    Private
    Hmm.. When I came back to the church after a pretty long hiatus and re-dedicated my life over, I noticed a lot (a LOT) of people within the young adults ministry who were.. for lack of better terminology carbon copies of one another. Many of the guys looked and dressed the same, none of them were really "edgy" (and I like edgy). They were mostly nice, but silver-spooned. I think if I had gone to an urban church, I would've found more attraction to those guys. As it was, I found myself the most attracted to guys who'd dedicated their life to Christ but who had "pasts" (put that in quotes cuz we all have one; just some more complicated than others). Needless to say, it was a bit of a desert period with regard to my dating life back then. It was okay for me though because I was in no rush to get into a rellie. Horrible tastes in music. Is that CCM? I agree, but there are Christian men out there who like actual music. ;) Acting perfect. Lots of people do this. Lots. Men, women, chickens. Everyone acts like they don't have something to hide. We're scared creatures, afraid of what other people will say, think or do when they find out the truth. This isn't strictly limited to Christian guys. My advice: Don't limit yourself by what you see in your own little sphere. There are more than just the walking, talking robotics and if you can't find any where you are, look a little harder. I guarantee there are some Christian guys out there who fill your quota of awesome.

5. SneakerPimp53

SneakerPimp53 Becoming X

+37
    Catholic
    Single
    I'd guess a lot of them are preparing to be the sort of wage slave work-a-holics you'll want to marry in a few years.

6. Nom De Guerre

Nom De Guerre Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?

+1,180
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I remember this one chicken, worst chicken ever, and you could totally tell it didn't want to be eaten and put on this turkey facade; pft, nice try chicken... nice try.

7. broken_one

broken_one Fear is but something to be overcome.

+762
    Methodist
    Single
    For a second I thought you said Top Cat and the Situation, and I was about to say that's Sitch's animated version of himself, lol. Vest and everything. :D

Carry on.

8. BeeWrangler

BeeWrangler wishing I was fishing

+756
    Christian
    Married
    :D:D:D:D:DBahhhhahahahaha!

9. OGM

OGM Newbie

+138
    Christian
    Private
    [FONT=&quot]White Dove you just have to go to the right Churches! There are plenty of Churches in my area that do not have guys and girls that are “carbon copies” of each other, promise…

[/FONT]

10. Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.

+2,475
    Baptist
    Married
    Just reading about Christian men is making me sleepy. I guess we really are boring.

11. OGM

OGM Newbie

+138
    Christian
    Private
    On that note; I have to hear who is spinning tracks tonight in Manhattan cuz I gotta go out dancing:thumbsup:

12. SullivanZ

SullivanZ Seeking His Face

+22
    Christian
    I think it's better for a christian male to be weak, passive, boring and spineless than it is for him to be bigoted, judgmental, haughty and cruel. I think most would agree with me there.

13. Fremdin

Fremdin Contributor

+581
    Christian
    Private
    Yeah, I'll take boring over a jerk any day.

14. GoodNewsJim

GoodNewsJim Senior Veteran

+218
    Presbyterian
    Arthur: Are all men from the future loud-mouthed braggarts?
    Ash: Nope. Just me baby... Just me.

15. white dove

white dove (she's a) maniac

+1,962
    Other Religion
    Private
    What is your area? If I may be so bold...

16. GQ Chris

GQ Chris ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers

+1,751
    Calvinist
    Single
    I'd show you a Bible thumping good time.

17. GQ Chris

GQ Chris ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers

+1,751
    Calvinist
    Single
    I think the OP has ran into a caricature and not a true Christian Man. Maybe she goes to a boring church where the people are boring.

18. ImperialPhantom

ImperialPhantom Guest

+0
    I think it's kind of funny that according to a large chunk of posters in this thread, you're basically either boring or you're a dirtbag jerk who hedonistically revels in evil and has no mind of their own. My goodness, is there no middle ground for you people?

19. Obzocky

Obzocky Senior Contributor

+1,705
    Anglican
    Single
    Blind post, because i'm lazy like that.

Many Christian men are boring for the same reason many non-Christian men are boring; because they do not interest the individual stating that they are boring. One who does not enjoy knitting finds knitting boring, but those who enjoy it may believe it to be absolutely exhilarating. Well, maybe not exhilarating, but not boring.

Some do try to fit into little boxes of how individuals should act, but even then until you know them on a deeper level you can never be sure whether that boring exterior is who they genuinely are or the front they show to most.

Anyway. Boring people are amazing, they allow others to seem so much more exciting by comparison.

20. Brad2009

Brad2009 Newbie

+149
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    If you're boring according to carnal people, you're probably doing alright. But if the world speaks well of you, then you should watch out.