Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The mystery/secret that is Babylon the Great. A secret to endlessly marvel at to some, but a secret that is revealed by the messenger of God to others. Selah.

Revelation 17:7
  • "And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns."
The secret is that she is a great city called Babylon that is outwardly decked in gold but inwardly full of uncleanness. The revelation from the Lord's messenger is that the New Testament Jerusalem is the unfaithful church, and will end in desolation as surely as Old Testament Jerusalem did.

She is NOT:

1. Papal and the RCC
  2. Rome
  3. The United States of America
  4. Physical city of Jersualem in the Middle East
  5. Iraq
  6. World Market

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,769.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So then, you believe in the stewardship God requires of us with us being here to not be using the earth for our perceived advancement and we should keep the earth in as good a condition as it has been without harm to it, with our stewardship here, shown in Genesis 1, without disregard of context, and that God rightly should destroy those who are destructive to this earth, Revelation 11:18?

What God is going to do in judgment, on the wicked who come against God and God's people at the end, after a yet coming thousand years of Christ's real reign right on this earth (with restoration to it, with cooperative work in that from all of us who are here), and God Not destroying creation but making creation new with creatures brought back into it, with the repentant of humanity redeemed to be there, does not negate our requirements that we have now.
Your thinking is from a human perspective, a stumbling block, not from GOD's perspective -.Matthew 16:22-23

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your thinking is from a human perspective, a stumbling block, not from GOD's perspective -.Matthew 16:22-23

I expect that response, from most, but if something was really revealed to me argument against it will not really have fully consistent logic to show it is wrong.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,769.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I expect that response, from most, but if something was really revealed to me argument against it will not really have fully consistent logic to show it is wrong.
That's your thinking. Your thinking is from a human perspective, a stumbling block, not from GOD's perspective -.Matthew 16:22-23 - and he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The revelation from the Lord's messenger is that the New Testament Jerusalem is the unfaithful church, and will end in desolation as surely as Old Testament Jerusalem did.

She is NOT:

1. Papal and the RCC
  2. Rome
  5. Iraq
  6. World Market
Your Claim Is "False"

(Jerusalem) Is The harlot, Mystery Babylon The Great.

The Levitical High Priest Dressing represents "The Woman", that is dressed in purple, scarlet, gold, and precious stones as seen below

(Revelation) 17:4KJV

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Yes "The Woman", The Levitical High Priest, Dressed In Purple, Scarlet, Gold, And Precious Stones

(Exodus) 28:15-20KJV
15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.
16 Foursquare it shall be being doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.
17 And thou shalt set in it settings of stones, even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.
18 And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
19 And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
20 And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be set in gold in their inclosings.

(Jerusalem) is the seven Mount city, where the woman sits, not Rome as many falsely claim.

(Revelation) 17:9KJV

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

(Revelation) 18:24KJV

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

(Matthew) 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Jerusalem (The Woman) that (Great City) as seen below, Jerusalem where Jesus Christ was crucified

(Revelation) 17:18AKJV

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

(Revelation) 11:8AKJV
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Jews/Hebrews cast dust upon their heads, weeping for the (Great City) Jerusalem

(Revelation) 18:19 AKJV

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's your thinking. Your thinking is from a human perspective, a stumbling block, not from GOD's perspective -.Matthew 16:22-23 - and he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth.
How can you be sure? Everyone is in disagreement about it anyway. I show basis, what is basis you can show, that I only am using human perspective, and it is not you doing so? Everything since I came to this that I was sure was revealed has been confirming it. What others say has nothing to do with that, can you say that?

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Revelation 17:5, the Harlot appears as “Babylon the Great.”

She is repeatedly called “The Great City.”

We then encounter the phrase “the great city” in

Revelation 11:8And their dead bodies will lie in the street of THE GREAT CITY which is mystically called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.”

Two things to consider.

1. There is only one city throughout the Bible which is referred to as Sodom and Egypt and guess which city IT IS NOT? IT IS NOT ROME.

But the Bible does refer metaphorically to on multiple occasions Jerusalem as Sodom and Egypt.

2. Notice the last 6 words of Revelation 11:8 “WHERE ALSO THEIR LORD WAS CRUCIFIED.”

Jesus was NOT crucified in Rome.

Jesus WAS crucified in Jerusalem.

Therefore, The Harlot, and Babylon can be none other than Jerusalem NOT Rome.

Revelation 18:24 says “In her (Babylon) was found the blood of prophets and saints.”

This same language appears in Revelation 16:6, 17:6, and 18:21 and 18:24. John is making the same statements as Jesus made in Luke 11:50-51.

Luke 11:50-51:In order that the blood of all the prophets, she’d since the foundation of the world may be charged against this generation, from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who perished between the altar and the house of God, yes, I tell you, it shall be charged against this generation.”

Rome never killed an Old Testament prophet as per Revelation 18:24, but Jerusalem certainly did.

The New Testament shows over and over the Jewish persecution of the prophets (Matt. 23:29-37; Luke 6:23-26; Luke 11:47-50; Luke 13:34; Romans 11:3; 1Thessalonians 2:15; and Hebrews 11:32-38.)

The Harlot being drunk on the blood of the saints and prophets ONLY fits Jerusalem.

Last thing: Even the Harlot’s attire provides evidence of Jerusalem.

Revelation 17:4 The woman was clothed in "PURPLE AND SCARLET...”

Revelation 18:6 “Woe, woe, the great city clothed in fine linen and PURPLE and SCARLET...”

Notice the clothing of the Harlot is the exact clothing required of the priests who served in the Temple in Jerusalem (Exodus 28:4-5 and also verses 8-9.)

This attire of the harlot also matches the decor of the Temple (Exodus 26:1).

Lastly notice the harlot has headgear (Revelation 17:5)

And so did the High Priest who served in the Old Testament Temple (Exodus 28:36 -38).

The Harlot and Babylon again only fits Jerusalem and NOT ROME!

Most that identify Rome as Babylon do so because of the phrase “the city on 7 hills” and Rome certainly was known as the city on 7 hills, but what most don’t know or either forget is that Jerusalem was known first as the city on 7 hills.
1. The Mount of Olives
2. Mount Scopus
3. Mount of Corruption
4. Original Mount Zion/called Temple Mount
5. The New Mount Zion/called Western Hill
6. Mount Ophel
7. Antonia Fortress Hill
For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. (Revelation 18:3)​

The partnership of God’s people with the wealthy merchants of the earth is a contemporary story, not a past one. The Jews in Christ’s time could not be regarded as enriching the earth’s merchants; the Roman Empire had enriched them. And feudalism destroyed the status of the merchants when Rome fell. For the most part, the merchants' enrichment has been ongoing for over two hundred years; it is not some future phenomenon. The most extraordinary rise of the merchants is a contemporary phenomenon commencing with the late eighteenth century that continues to this day. Contemporary history confirms that the Protestants had a great deal to do with that rise.

It’s a joke to maintain ancient Jerusalem reigned over the kings of the earth. It’s just as much a joke the merchants of the earth wept and mourned over ancient Jerusalem when it was destroyed. The prophecy is of modern times, as it was Protestantism that secularized the world and enriched the merchants. Contemporary history affirms it was Protestantism, the apostate Church, that was conformed to the world again that enriched the merchants.

According to Hebrew 6:4-6, in being conformed to the world, after tasting “the good word of God,” they crucified “to themselves the Son of God afresh,” in fulfillment of the criterion in Revelation 11:8.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,769.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can you be sure? Everyone is in disagreement about it anyway. I show basis, what is basis you can show, that I only am using human perspective, and it is not you doing so? Everything since I came to this that I was sure was revealed has been confirming it. What others say has nothing to do with that, can you say that?
I work with the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD, understand? John 1:1.

What you have above posted is only and only from your heart. JESUS warned- Matthew 15:19: - Out of the heart proceed false witness, blasphemies: evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts: By the way, the thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy...John 10:10. And in the beginning GOD warned: Genesis 2:17 - But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The Word Judges. The Word is GOD, self-executable, understand?

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I work with the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD, understand? John 1:1.

What you have above posted is only and only from your heart. JESUS warned- Matthew 15:19: - Out of the heart proceed false witness, blasphemies: evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts: By the way, the thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy...John 10:10. And in the beginning GOD warned: Genesis 2:17 - But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The Word Judges. The Word is GOD, self-executable, understand?

We all say that. Well, there are exceptions, but not here in this discussion. As I said I see it confirmed, even, after praying about it, in church. I didn't want to be deceived about anything, if I thought what I had been finding was the truth. It was still confirmed more. Why didn't God save me from error that I prayed to be delivered from if it was error, and I would be led to speak about it if was being confirmed to be true?? It was not just from my heart. But some judge others so easily, just for a disagreement.

If you have fruits of the Spirit as I know I do, to show, show that.

You have not actually shown any reason why what I say is wrong, at all. If I was saying what is wrong you could do so, rather than say things about my person.

Reactions: iamlamad
Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,769.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your post #441 :
She is NOT:
  1. Papal and the RCC
  2. Rome
  5. Iraq
  6. World Market
  • 4 - Physical city of Jersualem in the Middle East
  • -->The physical city of Jerusalem is the primal/ original prostitute called Aholibah(Oholibah-Jewish Bible-Yechezkel(Ez.) 23:4 and 14-19:-
  • 4 - and Jerusalem (is), Oholibah.
  • 14 And she increased her harlotries, and she saw men engraved on the wall,...engraved with types of drawings.
    15Girded with girdles on their loins, colored hanging turbans on their heads/exceeding in dyed attire upon their heads; the appearance of mighty men all of them(like the 266 Popes that existed in the Papacy), the likeness of the children of Babylon-Chaldeans-of the land of their birth. (By the way, the ROOTS of the MAN Beast of sea, according to the Revelation 13:2 is as follow: The beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion(as prophesied Daniel-Dan.7:4-6): and the dragon(the MAN Beast of earth like a lamb-Revelation 13:11-, a false messiah, actually the own Satan incarnated, father of the Jews-John 8:44-45) gave him-gave to the MAN Beast of sea- his Power, and his Seat (his Throne in Jerusalem), and great Authority-Rev.13:2.
  • 16And she lusted for them at the sight [that reached] her eyes, and she sent messengers to them, to [the land of] the Chaldeans.
  • 17And the children of Babylon came to her for a bed of love, and they defiled her with their harlotry, and she became defiled through them, and her soul was disgusted with them.
  • 18And she revealed her harlotries and uncovered her nakedness, and My soul became disgusted with her, as My soul had become disgusted with her sister.
  • 19And she increased her harlotries, to remember the days of her youth, when she played the harlot in the land of Egypt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,769.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The mystery/secret that is Babylon the Great. A secret to endlessly marvel at to some, but a secret that is revealed by the messenger of God to others. Selah.
  • "And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns."
The secret is that she is a great city called Babylon that is outwardly decked in gold but inwardly full of uncleanness. The revelation from the Lord's messenger is that the New Testament Jerusalem is the unfaithful church, and will end in desolation as surely as Old Testament Jerusalem did.
She is NOT:
  1. Papal and the RCC
  2. Rome
  5. Iraq
  6. World Market

Regarding items 1-2 of your post,
  • Papal and the RCC
  • Rome
Speaking of your post #441 about the Papal and the RCC - Roman Catholic Church - which rides upon the MAN Beast of sea-Revelation 13:1- , the Pope/Papacy, a Gentile Beast, actually a religious and satanic MONSTER having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the NAME of blasphemy, this religious MONSTER will do a partnership with the MAN Beast of the earth-Revelation 13:11-, who has two horns like a lamb(a false lamb, a false messiah-John 5:43-47-AN IMPOSTOR), who will manifest in days to come, probably in this year or in the next, and shall speak as a dragon-Revelation 13:11.

How will be this partnership between the MAN Beast of the sea(sea are peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues-Revelation 17:15),
and the MAN Beast of the earth that is like a lamb, a false lamb,a false messiah,AN IMPOSTOR-John 5:43-
,yeah, how will be this partnership?

Revelation 13:2 (not me) gives us the answer for this question, that is:

To the MAN Beast of sea which is like unto a leopard, and his feet as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion(actually it refers the roots of this satanic Gentile Beast-Daaniel 7:4-6. Take a look.), yeah, to him the false messiah-the dragon-Rev.13:11-, will give his Power, and his Seat (in Jerusalem, where is the Throne of Satan), and great Authority-Rev.13:2, and Power will be given unto the MAN Beast of sea-to the last of the Popes or Papacy, for forty and two months-Revelation 13:5. By the way, this period of 42 months ruled by the last Pope sat in the Throne of the false messiah in Jerusalem is the FIRST HALF of the last week-week 70th, Daniel 9:27, so Catholicism(iron) and the esoteric and kabbalistic Judaism(the clay) both will be together to establish an Universal and satanic religious kingdom, and then will LITERALLY be fulfilled what my Lord JESUS prophesied: "...and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles(with the Pope enthroned in Jerusalem by the false messiah), until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled - that is the fullness of the Gentiles"-Luke 21:24 combined with Revelation 11:2 -.

Get ready

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,769.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

She is NOT:
  1. Papal and the RCC
  2. Rome
  5. Iraq
  6. World Market
Regarding items 3 and 6 of your post #441, quoted above, What was the biblical significance of the construction and FALL of the TWO TOWERS of the World Trade Center? By allegory, the material things are figures of spiritual things. For example, Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to Jerusalem which now is, which genders to bondage, and is in bondage with her children. By the way, GOD is in control of history, nothing random happens. The United States was the single largest economy on the planet, followed by the European Union - Both economic Powers were represented on the Twin Towers, but 7 towers were built symbolizing the 7 regions of the Earth -Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania(Australia), North America, Central America, and South America, but two Towers were the main ones, the Twin Towers, the others were secondary, they had less meaning except a representation of the 7 regions of the Earth. WTC.

Humanity had just entered a new millennium, from the sixth to the seventh(check it in https://purebibleforum.com/index.ph...xactly-240-years-in-the-jewish-calendar.2354/ ) , according Scriptures at the turn of a new Day (2Peter 3:v.8), therefore, the seventh and last Day or seventh and last millennium.

The fall of the two towers of the World Trade Center, signified that both Economies -USA and EU - would fall in ruin day after day, in the days to come, and upon the earth distress of nations (of the whole earth), with perplexity; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after the things which are coming on the earth. And this generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Again: The material things are figures of spiritual things. After the fall of the WTC in the year 2001, there was a sucession of terrible significative events until the current time, and the worst is in the way, the worst will happen from now on, that is the beginning of the last week, week 70th Daniel 9:27, the last seven years of the World of Devil, is arriving.

And Revelation 11:15-18 will LITERALLY be fulfilled

Get ready

Upvote 0