MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No thanks, your response leads me to believe you are not interested in a good faith discission on the subject.
You may disagree with my scepticism about an overarching American culture, but I am interested in the debate, in good faith, as I believe I've made clear in all previous posts. I've been nothing but respectful.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have been told that white people cannot march for "[their] causes", because it would be perceived as racist.

I had no idea.

My white friends, please share with me. What are these white causes that I could not comprehend?
Frankly, the concept of an "insert-color"-cause never really computed in my head.
We are all human.

While I certainly understand that certain racial groups feel unified / connected due to being collective victims of racism and such, I feel it is counterproductive to call it a "black cause" or similar.

Because that only enforces the idea of different groups. And that is precisely the foundation of racism. One group verses another group.

In this 21st century, we need to move on from this tribal/group thinking.
We are all human.

Blacks and whites, blondes and brunettes... what's the difference.
A "black cause", a "white cause", a "latino cause",.... It all reinforces the idea that there is some kind of difference between them. Racism is entirely based on the "us versus them" attitude. The correct response to that is that we are ALL "us" and that there is no "them".

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I have been told that white people cannot march for "[their] causes", because it would be perceived as racist.

I had no idea.

My white friends, please share with me. What are these white causes that I could not comprehend?

Culturally appropriating our technology.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
ts totally racist. Because we have special white cards that give us everything. Cars, money, homes, schooling, doctors...etc. We have perfect lives since we are white! We don't even have bills to pay! Cops never pull us over. We never get hurt by people!

We were told at the last meeting to not mention those cards.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Culturally appropriating our technology.

Does that mean whites have to give up writing, Arabic numerals, guns, rockets, paper, compasses, iron and steel, high-capacity integrated chips, traffic signals, open-heart surgery, .... (long list)?

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Does that mean whites have to give up writing, Arabic numerals, guns, rockets, paper, compasses, iron and steel, high-capacity integrated chips, traffic signals, open-heart surgery, .... (long list)?

No, and we don't have to give up wearing our hair in certain styles or playing whatever kind of music we want or making whatever kind of dish we want.

But its fun to demand consistency from the cultural warriors. :)

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
BubbaJack complains about "culturally appropriating our technology."

Barbarian chuckles:

No, and we don't have to give up wearing our hair in certain styles or playing whatever kind of music we want or making whatever kind of dish we want.

You're like that black radical I once talked to, who assured me that only whites could be racists. Apparently, "culturally appropriating technology" is O.K. with you if we do it, but not if others do it.

Its fun to demand consistency from the cultural warriors.

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
BubbaJack complains about "culturally appropriating our technology."

Not complaining. It's a ridiculous retort to a ridiculous notion, that of "cultural appropriation." Sorry you didn't get it.

You're like that black radical I once talked to, who assured me that only whites could be racists. Apparently, "culturally appropriating technology" is O.K. with you if we do it, but not if others do it.

See above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The whole "race" thing is stupid. If someone is being discriminated against due to their race, it should be "everyone" unified standing against it.
That's the problem though. Quite a few people think that white privilege actually exists and that being discriminatory against whites isn't racism.

Upvote 0

gudz23

Jul 29, 2007
✟19,118.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What are these white causes that I could not comprehend?

According to Hillary Clinton and the DNC; white men, and white men only (specifically those living in their parents' basement), would march to get old women out of politics... Or was it money?! Can't remember... it's all so fuzzy now.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I had no idea.

The truth is we don't march, blacks march, women march, the LGTG community march, we just keep doing what we have always done. I don't need a pro-white activist to sound my cause because white men between the ages of 20 and 40 created most of the systems that are in place. I'm not bragging, nor do I feel superior but if you want me to appreciate what blacks, women, Hispanics, Asians and gays have accomplished then understand, white people have made some pretty dramatic contributions to civilization and society.

We are systematic thinkers, not so good at dance and not so great at emotional attachments. Though we are not immune. We have no need for a White history month because the accomplishments of whites transcend human development in culture, civilization and across the scientific and academic spectrum. We do not march, we vote, we run and we win. We do not have to appeal to special Federal endorsements, we sit on benches and founded most of the schools where the Federal judges who preside were educated at. We are not superior, we are not morally deficient, we are a main stay of the American body political. We do not ask, demand nor appreciate being recognized for our ethnicity, only the merits of our accomplishments and the content of our character both individually and as a demographic group.

If you want included, include us. If you want to be tolerated, then take us in. If you feel alienated, detached, marginalized and defeated then welcome to our world. We suffered the same and worse, economic, cultural and personal. Learn of our history in Europe and the United States and join us, all are welcome.

You can do the Watusi, but we ARE the Watusi. (Sidney Poitier as John Prentice in Guess who's Coming To Dinner)
If you would understand anything then understand this. You can do the system, we are the system.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Oktoberfest?

Yes, I will get behind Oktoberfest as a white cause.

And maybe mayonnaise, too. As a white man, sriracha scares me and makes me feel insecure. The way it gets its fiery sweetness into everything. Make mayonnaise great again!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums