Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We don't know that. Some alcoholics are pretty good at hiding it. He just got so bad by the Trump years that it couldn't be ignored any more. And as I said, the widespread abuse of prescription meds by Trump's people probably had something to do with him getting caught.

He might have gotten some help. Or maybe being out of the WH lowered the pressure enough. The OP, after all.
Oh so his alcoholism was only during his time at the Trump white house. I see.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And not chasing pills and alcohol."

Trump White House Was Awash in Drugs Because No One Wanted to Be There

i recall reading a report that listed the drugs being dispenses for the white house a few months ago and this story just adds to it all.

As a slight sidebar...do people bring in their own staffers or would the white house generally have mostly their own people? I'd assume mostly the latter

Thoughts on this?

So as I said....propaganda.

Remember that story about the missing "binder" that sounded really important but oddly enough...no one seems worried about? Go back and read it again...it doesn't actually accuse anyone of anything, nor does it explicitly state what the problem is...it just suggests a possible problem with no evidence other than 1 person's fuzzy memory. Propaganda. "I've got a vague recollection"....is not a reason for a news article.

Similarly here...we have nothing but vague suggestions. Who's making them? A self described biased website with a political agenda. What are they suggesting? That the WH staff under Trump was basically Woodstock minus the music. It's a wild story...so let's take a look at what they're basing it off of...

Back in 2018, when the failure of the Mueller report was either impending or still fresh....someone made some sort of complaint about the in WH pharmacy.

What's the complaint?

The White House Medical Unit during the Trump administration provided prescription drugs, including controlled substances, to ineligible staff and spent tens of thousands of dollars more on brand-name drugs than what generic equivalents would have cost, a Pentagon report shows.

Who is ineligible to use the WH pharmacy? It doesn't make this clear. What it does make clear is...

1. Some procedures and policies weren't followed exactly as they should be.
2. Some people were getting brand name drugs instead of their cheaper generics....which is an impeachable offense I think lol.
3. #2 cost more money than it needed to. Tens of thousands of dollars were lost due to the mistakes made by the pharmacy.
4. The pharmacy didn't do a great job of keeping records.

Nobody is being charged with any crime...the article doesn't claim some "drug culture" existed. It doesn't even say anyone was abusing drugs they shouldn't have been taking.

The pharmacy was given some stricter guidelines and it's considered a resolved issue. Was the WH staff using drugs all the time to cope with Trump? Nobody is saying that. Was the WH staff abusing drugs on the job? Nobody is saying that either. The actual news article doesn't even suggest these things.

The propaganda website clearly wants you to think these things though.....because it's propaganda. How can you tell in the future? Try using what I call "common sense".

1. Medical records aren't public information. We aren't talking about WH staffers failing drug tests and getting fired. The only two drugs listed in any specific quantities are sleeping disorder medications....and the quantities aren't that large for a 2 year period. The ambien could be taken by less than 10 people over a 2 year period....easily. It's a daily medication after all. The same goes for the other drug described....and it's not as if doing so would be illegal...

2. Since medical records aren't public knowledge and publishing them with the suggestion that people were abusing drugs means only an extremely stupid news outlet would possibly do such a thing. That means no one is going to actually make any such claims of drug abuse or a drug culture....because literally anyone doing so will be sued for every penny they have. It appears few news organizations are going to touch this with a ten foot pole.

3. Because there's probably never been a complaint about the pharmacy...and this was likely just a hail Mary attempt by a disgruntled Democrat...the auditors looked at the Obama administration as well for a comparable data set. You can bet all your money on whatever was happening under Trump was not different in any significant way from whatever was happening under Obama. Why? Because it doesn't say this was wildly different in any way....and it would if it could.

Finally....

4. Desperation. As the Democratic Party has become desperate to win....they have thrown every single accusation they can think of at Trump in hopes of burying his reelection chances. They've failed to understand is that this very unique situation has made them look weak. It looks as if Trump is standing up against an unfair system that has charged him with crimes the current president is guilty of. That explains why his popularity rises. It doesn't explain why Biden's keeps falling....that's also obvious to everyone except the Democratic Party core members. Biden keeps losing popularity because he keeps failing in plain view of everyone. Whether we are talking about flights leaving Afghanistan, trains getting derailed, Chinese balloons floating overhead, illegal immigrants flooding across the border, or foreign enemies attacking our allies....it appears as if Biden cannot get anything under control. What he has had some moderate success in are things that he didn't run on and nobody voted for. Nobody said they wanted to have their children taught sex Ed in the 3rd grade, nobody voted to make their child permanently racist. Nobody said that they wanted impossibly high home prices...and an increasing number of drug addicted people to be unable to find work because someone who got here yesterday will do the job for less. Even Biden's touted success has been mostly statistical manipulation...using new means for measuring only reported crimes and excluding NYC is the only way to make it look like crime is dropping lol. We can all see the stores putting products behind bars or closing. Job numbers are up....and that's likely due to record numbers of people working multiple jobs just to make ends meet. The inflation created under Biden appears to be dropping as long as we use a method that removes the costs of food and energy....two things that we all absolutely pay for all the time lol. Nobody asked for a ministry of truth....to protect us from foreign propaganda...especially when we keep learning about the lies this administration told to win the presidency.

We all watched what were reliable media sources criticize Trump so harshly...over relatively minor issues like his speech and mannerisms...and the exaggerated nature of it may have seemed odd but fair....until we watched Biden fail over and over to the point where it appears as if the media isn't just a little bit biased....the average person sees them as colluding with Democratic Party members. It appears completely false. Clearly they believe they still have a lot of credibility....and that would have been the case...if they didn't push woke garbage in entertainment. People used to like movies and TV shows and video games....now they're awful. They remind me of those cheaply made overly preachy Kirk Cameron Christian movies of the past. It's all being pushed as a part of this administration's agenda...and nobody really wants it. The things that seem to succeed are those that avoid it entirely. The moral brand of the Democratic Party was supported, then tolerated, and now increasingly.....resented, questioned, and rejected. I don't know what they intend to do at this point...but if I were Trump...I'd appoint an absolute lunatic as VP...someone so scary that assassination simply isn't an option.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We realize that Trump staffers were abusing drugs in the WH because of the toxic environment therein.

Can you quote any evidence of that?

The report said they weren't eligible to use the pharmacy in the WH. It doesn't say they abused drugs.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh so his alcoholism was only during his time at the Trump white house.
No one said that. If that's what you got from the IG report, your reading comprehension isn't so good. He got caught in the Trump WH. Whether or not his problem existed before Trump, it got bad enough in the drug culture of the WH that he could no longer hide it. Which is understandable.

The IG report makes it clear that drug abuse in the Trump WH was a lot worse than previously suspected.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So as I said....propaganda.
If you think of the IG report as propaganda, we've located the problem.

For example the IG report that detailed the massive illegal drug use in the Trump WH. I linked to it.

Which post?

The worst of it was redacted so the public won't see that. However the report says:

We concluded that all phases of the White House Medical Unit’s pharmacy operations had severe and systemic problems due to the unit’s reliance on ineffective internal controls to ensure compliance with pharmacy safety standards. In addition, the Military Health System senior leaders did not oversee the White House Medical Unit’s pharmacy operations. Without oversight from qualified pharmacy staff, the White House Medical Unit’s pharmaceutical management practices may have been subject to prescribing errors and inadequate medication management, increasing the risk to the health and safety of patients treated within the unit. Additionally, the White House Medical Unit’spharmaceutical management practices ineffectively used DoD funds by obtaining brand‑name medications instead of generic equivalents and increased the risk for the diversion of controlled substances.1 We found that the White House Medical Unit provided a wide range of health care and pharmaceutical services to ineligible White House staff in violation of Federal law and regulation and DoD policy. Additionally, the White House Medical Unit dispensed prescription medications, including controlled substances, to ineligible White House staff.

This, in a civilian facility, would get some people charged, and the pharmacy closed. It got a Navy Rear Admiral demoted and fired. This is the way the opioid crisis happened in the United States.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Remember that story about the missing "binder"("Laptop!!!") that sounded really important but oddly enough...no one seems worried about?
Except that the papers are known to have been in Trump's possession, and now they are missing. Like a lot of other classified material he stole from the WH.
Go back and read it again...it doesn't actually accuse anyone of anything, nor does it explicitly state what the problem is...it just suggests a possible problem with no evidence other than 1 person's fuzzy memory. Propaganda. "I've got a vague recollection"....is not a reason for a news article.
Washington (CNN) — A binder containing highly classified information related to Russian election interference went missing at the end of Donald Trump’s presidency, raising alarms among intelligence officials that some of the most closely guarded national security secrets from the US and its allies could be exposed, sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

Its disappearance, which has not been previously reported, was so concerning that intelligence officials briefed Senate Intelligence Committee leaders last year about the missing materials and the government’s efforts to retrieve them, the sources said.

In the two-plus years since Trump left office, the missing intelligence does not appear to have been found.

The binder contained raw intelligence the US and its NATO allies collected on Russians and Russian agents, including sources and methods that informed the US government’s assessment that Russian President Vladimir Putin sought to help Trump win the 2016 election, sources tell CNN.

The intelligence was so sensitive that lawmakers and congressional aides with top secret security clearances were able to review the material only at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, where their work scrutinizing it was itself kept in a locked safe.

We now find that controlled substances were being handed out to people who were not eligible to receive them, without proper medical procedures, under the direction of a physician fighting his own substance abuse problems for which he was eventually demoted and fired by the Navy.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No one said that. If that's what you got from the IG report, your reading comprehension isn't so good. He got caught in the Trump WH. Whether or not his problem existed before Trump, it got bad enough in the drug culture of the WH that he could no longer hide it. Which is understandable.

The IG report makes it clear that drug abuse in the Trump WH was a lot worse than previously suspected.
But does not have a problem now! hmmm Not before, not after! HMMM

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
But does not have a problem now!
No one knows. Might be getting out of the WH culture was what he needed. Or he could still have a problem. According to the IG, he had more than a drinking problem:

The Department of Defense inspector general has issued a scathing review of Rep. Ronny Jackson during his time serving as the top White House physician, concluding that he made “sexual and denigrating” comments about a female subordinate, violated the policy for drinking alcohol while on a presidential trip and took prescription-strength sleeping medication that prompted concerns from his colleagues about his ability to provide proper care.

The findings outlined in the report, which was obtained by CNN prior to its release on Wednesday, stem from a years-long IG investigation into Jackson – who currently represents Texas in the House of Representatives and sits on the House Armed Services subcommittee overseeing military personnel – that was launched in 2018 and examines allegations that date back to his time serving during the Obama and Trump administrations. Members of Congress were briefed on the IG report findings on Tuesday, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

And according to the report, there had been indications of problems for years before the IG investigation.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No one knows. Might be getting out of the WH culture was what he needed. Or he could still have a problem. According to the IG, he had more than a drinking problem:

The Department of Defense inspector general has issued a scathing review of Rep. Ronny Jackson during his time serving as the top White House physician, concluding that he made “sexual and denigrating” comments about a female subordinate, violated the policy for drinking alcohol while on a presidential trip and took prescription-strength sleeping medication that prompted concerns from his colleagues about his ability to provide proper care.

The findings outlined in the report, which was obtained by CNN prior to its release on Wednesday, stem from a years-long IG investigation into Jackson – who currently represents Texas in the House of Representatives and sits on the House Armed Services subcommittee overseeing military personnel – that was launched in 2018 and examines allegations that date back to his time serving during the Obama and Trump administrations. Members of Congress were briefed on the IG report findings on Tuesday, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

And according to the report, there had been indications of problems for years before the IG investigation.
No one knows = he has no problems now. No one knew in the Oboma white house = he had no problem then. Just in the Trump white house he was a raging alcoholic. Excuse me if I dismiss this absurd claim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
(Blames the Corps of Engineers)

Well...they oversaw the project.

They didn't build that mess.

Right, they just oversaw the contractors.

Trump specified the contractors

Then what did the Army Corps of Engineers do? They're described by everyone as issuing the contracts.

You make it sound like Trump issued them.

Why even bother with the Army if they didn't do anything?

So some of it fell over. None of it was actually built in a way to stop people from getting through.

I'm not sure what you mean here. The wall clearly stops people from getting through...or it wouldn't require cutting through it.

Did those people who cut through it and enter get caught or not?

And no, the Border Patrol are not lying.

I never said they were....but they also joke about Biden. Also I can't read whatever jokes you're referring to because all your articles are paywalled.

If you think they matter in some way, just go ahead and quote them directly. Let's hear this great joke made by a border patrol agent....

And more telling...

I'm not asking you to take my word on anything. They're the biggest federal law enforcement agency, and practically anyone in federal law enforcement at least knows someone who knows someone in that agency as a result. I think they've got a pretty good competition shooting team if I remember correctly.

So take a look....they hate Biden. Biden and Mayorkas are hated by the agency and its entirely understandable....they've been neglected and blamed for doing their jobs.

"Keep our name out of your mouth" isn't a phrase of endearment. It's just letting everyone know that they're definitely not happy with the choices Biden made nor the lies this administration has spread. They'd prefer Trump...or perhaps just a section of wall.

Would have been, if he had been selecting the contractors.

They were selecting the contractors. You posted an article claiming Trump pressured them to pick a certain contractor....which wouldn't have happened if Trump was selecting contractors.

Just show me where Trump selected the contractors. All you've provided so far is evidence that the Army Corps of Engineers selected the contractors....and that's why Trump was pressuring them to choose a certain contractors.

Your version of events lacks both evidence and common sense.

But as you know, Trump picked big donors to do the work.

No...it sounds like the Army Corps had the final say on that.

For some reason, they did it when there weren't Border Patrol people around. Go figure.

The article had mentioned that a vehicle driven through and rolled over while it was being chased. The sort of thing that happens when people have time to plan and set up. Without the wall, people would have driven right in...

When I ask a question like that, I'm not sure why you would just try and invent some fictional account for what happened. If you don't know, you don't know, and can just say that.

Trump said the new border wall was “impenetrable.” Smugglers are sawing through it.

Smugglers have found that all you need to cut through the wall is a $100 saw.

So "virtually impenetrable" which isn't the same thing, but I won't split hairs. It's hyperbole either way. You're the only one who seems to have taken him literally.

Remember when lots of people here told you it wouldn't work? Told ya so.

Who says it doesn't work?

Some officials who spoke anonymously to the Washington Post played down the situation, saying there had been only “a few instances” and the wall has “significantly increased security and deterrence.”

Maybe they played down the situation....or maybe they described it accurately and the article is heavily biased (which it is). Either way...your own article has Border Patrol saying that the wall works, and can work better with some augmentation.

(Trump's chosen contractors failed to finish their work, leaving about a quarter billion dollars worth of material)

Army Corps contractors.

Yep. Told you so.

Don't remember him advocating for a wall. He likely knew it wouldn't work, like most people here.

Well the Army was doing the choosing. If he thought it was a bad idea, he should have said so.

For good reason. The walls on the border by San Diego were repeatedly breached by tunnels because of a lack of visibility from the U.S. They are removing them for that reason.

Interesting.

That was a side hustle for Trump's people:

Bannon allies sentenced to prison in 'We Build the Wall' scheme

Brian Kolfage was sentenced to just over four years in prison, while co-defendant Andrew Badolato was sentenced to three years.
Although Trump pardoned Bannon of federal charges for his role in "We Build the Wall," Bannon was indicted in September 2022 in New York state on charges including money laundering and scheming to defraud donors. He pleaded not guilty in both the federal and New York cases.

So has Bannon been convicted?

The Great Grift: How billions in COVID-19 relief aid was stolen or wasted

Most of the looted money was swiped from three large pandemic-relief initiatives launched during the Trump administration...The Biden administration put in place stricter rules to stem pandemic fraud, including use of the “Do Not Pay” database. Biden also recently proposed a $1.6 billion plan to boost law enforcement efforts to go after pandemic relief fraudsters.

100-150 billion under Biden. If you have something to prove otherwise, feel free to present it.

It's worse than that for Trump and his family...

Trump Friends and Family Cleared for Millions in Small Business Bailout

Beneficiaries of the PPP included a lettuce farming venture backed by Trump’s son, Kushner companies, and a dentist who golfs with the president. The figures were released after a lawsuit by several news organizations, including ProPublica.

You understand that millions is less than billions....don't you?

Biden's efforts to get that money back from grifters is paying off.

United States Recovers $8.4 Million In Fraudulent COVID Relief Funds From Family

Looks like we're going to see a lot more of that. Good on him for doing it.

Is this a joke lol? He got 8.4 million back on the 150 billion he lost? There's billions taken by China...and he's never going to get that back, and getting back less than 1% of the sum he lost is not something to be proud of.....

When it comes to misuse of taxpayer money, Biden is far far worse by somewhere between 95$ billion and 140$ billion...at least.

So does Biden. But he's actually doing something about it.

He's returned to building the wall....

It would have been great if he hadn't left all those wall materials down there unused, and deteriorating...since it's exactly the same wall as Trump was building lol.

This suggests that the wall was always a good idea and even Biden is admitting that....seems like people would be less confused about the whole issue if the Democratic Party hadn't wasted 7 years arguing otherwise.

Fortunately, we can remove them in November.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Apparently, fit right in with the drug culture in the Trump WH.

What drug culture?

A lot of people made jokes about the Trump WH; "are they on drugs?" The answer seems to be "mostly, yes."

Evidence?

"Conversely, the White House Medical Unit’s pharmaceutical services included the full scope of pharmacy operations, including storage and inventory, prescribing and dispensing, procurement, and disposal, and was not credentialed by any outside agency.

So the pharmacy wasn't subjected to the same license and credential regulations as a normal pharmacy would be.

We concluded that all phases of the White House Medical Unit’s pharmacy operations had severe and systemic problems due to the unit’s reliance on ineffective internal controls to ensure compliance with pharmacy safety standards.

The pharmacy had ineffective and unnecessary problems due to the lack of outside oversight.

In addition, the Military Health System senior leaders did not oversee the White House Medical Unit’s pharmacy operations. Without oversight from qualified pharmacy staff, the White House Medical Unit’s pharmaceutical management practices may have been subject to prescribing errors and inadequate medication management, increasing the risk to the health and safety of patients treated within the unit.

Because of a lack of oversight, they may have not been giving people the correct prescriptions....but this doesn't say that was happening for certain.

Additionally, the White House Medical Unit’s pharmaceutical management practices ineffectively used DoD funds by obtaining brand‑name medications instead of generic equivalents and increased the risk for the diversion of controlled substances.1

Oh no!!! This must be that "drug culture" you keep mentioning lol....

They got brand name prescriptions instead of generics.

Hilarious that this is how desperately the left needs to find something....anything....to try and make Trump look bad, because they can't make Biden look good.

We found that the White House Medical Unit provided a wide range of health care and pharmaceutical services to ineligible White House staff in violation of Federal law and regulation and DoD policy.

So some people who used the pharmacy should have been going to the CVS down the street instead...not a crime for them, possibly a crime for the pharmacy. No one is being charged with anything though.

Additionally, the White House Medical Unit dispensed prescription medications, including controlled substances, to ineligible White House staff.

This isn't additional information...it's the exact same information lol.

Take a look...

We found that the White House Medical Unit provided a wide range of health care and pharmaceutical services to ineligible White House staff

And...

the White House Medical Unit dispensed prescription medications, including controlled substances, to ineligible White House staff.

Since "dispensing prescriptions medications" falls under "providing medical care"....it's not exactly telling anyone anything new.

In analyzing the testimonies of former White House Military Office employees, we found
that White House Medical Unit senior leaders directed eligibility practices that did not comply with DoD guidance."

So some senior staff told ineligible junior staff "they can get their prescriptions filled at the WH" which is true...because the pharmacy wasn't following the proper guidelines.

Still waiting for any evidence of this drug culture you keep assuming was happening. This is the equivalent of "you should have gotten your prescriptions filled at Walgreens instead of CVS".

Not even remotely close to a "drug culture" lol.

Stop spreading the misinformation.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How would expediting removal court processes put more people into the country.

Is this a question....and can you reword it?

There's immigration court. There's no "expediting removal court". There's no "removal court". There's only immigration court.

And many people aren't showing up. When they do show up...if you imagine they get put on an airplane and sent back to their home nation whenever their asylum claims are rejected....you would be incorrect.

ICE...immigration and customs enforcement is the agency that removes people who are ineligible to stay. Old Joe had told them to not remove anyone with less than a felony.

That's how that murderer in Georgia managed to stay in the US after he was caught shoplifting. He wasn't removed.

The courts determine who should be there by law.

And that's why so many don't show up.

And how do you think adding border patrol officers to the border would let more people sneak in?

They aren't sneaking in...they're crossing illegally but that doesn't require any sneaking.....they simply choose to go through places without any fence and wait for Biden's agents to go pick them up. Once the agents pick them up....they claim to be afraid to return to their homeland....they are given a court date in immigration courts near the destination they claim to be going to....and then Biden flies them or busses them to that location, where they typically don't show up for immigration court. A lot of dumb Democratic Party run cities like NYC, where not only does the city provide shelter....they now provide debit cards with thousands of dollars of the taxpayers' money on them.

Nothing is really free though.....

That's why NYC and other cities have had to cut services to the citizens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is this a question....and can you reword it?

There's immigration court. There's no "expediting removal court". There's no "removal court". There's only immigration court.
You see, any immigrant who does not have the right to remain here, would be removed by the court. That's what immigration courts do. Of course those who fit the law granting asylum would be more quickly allowed to stay, just as those who are not would more quickly be removed.

And many people aren't showing up.
And you think if we just continue to delay the process, more people will show up? C'mon. Expediting the cases would have fewer people not showing up. Think.

When they do show up...if you imagine they get put on an airplane and sent back to their home nation whenever their asylum claims are rejected....you would be incorrect.
If you ask for asylum as part of your defense in removal proceedings, and the immigration judge says that you do not qualify, you can appeal that decision to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), which is the highest court in our immigration court system. If the BIA denies your request, you can appeal to a federal court. If you are still denied asylum by federal court – or if you do not file an appeal when the immigration judge denies your case – you will probably be deported.

Did you really not realize this? Maybe it works differently in Russia.

ICE...immigration and customs enforcement is the agency that removes people who are ineligible to stay. Old Joe had told them to not remove anyone with less than a felony.
ICE data show that there have been around 28,700 deportations in fiscal year 2021

Seems like a lot of felonies, considering illegal aliens are more law-abiding than native-born Americans. I think you were confused by Biden continuing Obama's policy of focusing enforcement against felons. The Trump administration abandoned that policy, because it's easier to round up the much more numerous law-abiding illegals. However, the record shows that deporting felons first is useful in preventing crime.

And how do you think adding border patrol officers to the border would let more people sneak in?

They aren't sneaking in..
So people just cut those 3,000 holes in Trump's fence for the fun of it? C'mon. You know better than that, even if you've never been here.

and then Biden flies them or busses them to that location, where they typically don't show up for immigration court.
Actually, it was republican governors who bussed them to distant locations. Remember how DeSantis packed off Venezuelan refugees to Martha's Vineyard, spending more Florida tax money than it would have cost to give each of them a first-class airline ticket? That one kind of backfired on him, when the people of Martha's Vineyard organized to help those people he left stranded there.

But they were fleeing the Marxist regime in Venezuela. I suppose that the junta there gave DeSantis "comrade of the month"or something for his efforts to harm them.

That's why NYC and other cities have had to cut services to the citizens.
New York has a worker shortage, as does Chicago. So in the long run, DeSantis and his fellows actually did them a favor. Florida also has a worker shortage, and Florida businessmen are wondering why he's spending tax money to remove workers from the state.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What drug culture?
For example, the WH physician drinking on the job along with taking other unprescribed meds. People being handed controlled drugs without being eligible or even having a prescription. Stuff like that. It's why the WH physician was demoted and fired by the Navy.
So some senior staff told ineligible junior staff "they can get their prescriptions filled at the WH"
No, you added "their prescriptions." They point is they didn't have them. In some cases, the IG found people sharing the meds.

WH staffers were provided meds in violation of federal law, according to the IG report:

The Office of the Inspector General said in a news release that the problems it uncovered in the White House clinic were “severe and systemic.”

The report is based on reviews of records from the White House Medical Unit, including prescriptions, from between 2017 and 2019. In addition, investigators interviewed more than 120 officials, including hospital administrators, military medical providers and pharmacists. The office also reviewed the transcripts of 70 previous interviews with former members of the White House Military Office who served there between 2009 and 2018.

The interviews indicated that medication was often dispensed without any written records. Before “we would get ready for a big overseas trip,” staffers were directed to make “prepacks” that consisted of plastic sandwich bags containing the sleeping drug Ambien as well as the stimulant Provigil, which is meant to help people stay awake. Both are categorized as controlled substances, meaning they require special handling and record-keeping by pharmacies because they carry a risk for dependence and abuse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You see, any immigrant who does not have the right to remain here, would be removed by the court. That's what immigration courts do. Of course those who fit the law granting asylum would be more quickly allowed to stay, just as those who are not would more quickly be removed.

Well then....if you understand that much, you can understand the problem...

The people who apprehend someone here illegally....whether the border patrol (if they are apprehended crossing the border) don't make any determination of the validity of their asylum claim. They used to at some point in the past to some bare minimum degrree. At some point, it changed so the person here illegally doesn't even need to have any idea what asylum is to request it.

And you think if we just continue to delay the process, more people will show up? C'mon.

Do you think we're delaying the process?

It's the sheer volume of people that is delaying the process and the complete lack of consequences.

If, for example, 80% of the people claiming to be afraid of returning to their nation lied about being afraid of returning to their nation to be entered into the asylum process....those people are guilty of asylum fraud.

There's no consequences for asylum fraud. We don't throw that person in jail....we rarely even deport them. It's asylum fraud that has slowed the process.

Expediting the cases would have fewer people not showing up. Think.

Expediting what cases? Asylum cases?

How many people do you imagine Biden has deported after they've been denied asylum?

There has to be consequences or no one will stop doing it. It's like saying that the solution to the backlog of shoplifting cases is more lawyers and more judges and more cops....but not fines or jail time for shoplifters.

Let me explain something to you...

There was once a group of people who thought that the reason why so many people had drug problems and committed drug related offenses was because there were laws punishing these crimes. I know it sounds stupid but that's what the people of Portland, Oregon thought. They decided to decriminalize all drugs in small quantities and this would solve their problems. The result? A massive increase in the number of drug addicts, homeless, and crimes like robbery because addicts needed money for their drugs. In an ideal world, those people would realize this was always a stupid idea and of course it was going to make the problem worse...but sometimes people have to learn the hard way.
Now the people of Portland seem to be slowly understanding that despite the solution to the problem coming from people with their political beliefs....they were badly wrong. The reality is that when they removed the negative consequences for a certain behavior....a lot more people started engaging in that behavior.

There's more examples of this like "defunding the police" to solve...well I don't know what problem that was supposed to solve. What I do know is that in cities where they defunded the police....the obvious result has been more crime.

People have a strong tendency to believe their political group is always right about everything and the solutions their political group proposes must likewise be correct...but that's not true. No one political group will always have the correct solution for every problem.

The solution you seem to be suggesting is speeding up a court process that often is abandoned by those entering it...or fails to deliver on granting them asylum....but rarely delivers any negative consequences for entering the process of seeking asylum.

I can say, almost to a certainty, that if we make the process faster without punishing fraud or deporting nearly all illegals denied asylum...we will simply end up with a system that is overwhelmed and backlogged by millions more seeking asylum, just like we are now.

If you ask for asylum as part of your defense in removal proceedings,

That's not how it works under Biden.

and the immigration judge says that you do not qualify, you can appeal that decision to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), which is the highest court in our immigration court system. If the BIA denies your request, you can appeal to a federal court. If you are still denied asylum by federal court – or if you do not file an appeal when the immigration judge denies your case – you will probably be deported.

The vast majority of people entering illegally don't even know what asylum is....and since illegally entering the US is a misdemeanor, and Biden has instructed ICE to only deport those who are felons, very few are being deported at the end of the process you just described.

Regardless of that fact, in what way are you proposing to "speed up" the process you described above?

ICE data show that there have been around 28,700 deportations in fiscal year 2021

Right...out of around 2 million people who entered?

Your number does not appear to only apply to those seeking asylum either....so if that's the total number being removed, there's a very low chance of any negative consequences for asylum fraud or even just entering illegally.

It's always nice when you make my point for me @The Barbarian.

I think you were confused by Biden continuing Obama's policy of focusing enforcement against felons.

So way back in early 2021, the bowl of oatmeal who got elected told ICE to focus on the illegals who...

The new guidance directs ICE agents and officers to focus on non-citizens who recently crossed the border illegally, or who are deemed to be threats to national security or public safety.
The guidance defines a public safety threat as someone who has been convicted of an aggravated felony, such as murder and rape, or of actively participating in a criminal street gang.

The Trump administration abandoned that policy, because it's easier to round up the much more numerous law-abiding illegals.

Well first, let's just acknowledge that you have no idea what you are talking about and what I stated about who ICE has been instructed to deport is correct.

Can you do that? Can you agree that ICE has been restricted to only removing violent felons and threats to national security?

Because once you understand that...and that's a very left-wing news outlet...we can begin to discuss who is to blame for this crisis and how it can be solved.

So people just cut those 3,000 holes in Trump's fence for the fun of it?

I never said that.

Actually, it was republican governors who bussed them to distant locations.

In some cases, yes. In many others, it's been Biden.

Now, if you recall the HHS whistleblower talking about the lack of vetting of parents, you'll understand that this administration has literally helped out human traffickers who abuse children by flying these vulnerable kids to the people exploiting them.

And btw...can we just admit that Gov Abbot and DeSantis were great for sending people to NYC, Chicago, and now Denver? If the ignorant people who voted for this massive increase in human exploitation and abuse are forever far away from it....and never have to see it... then it wouldn't be the #1 issue in so many states. Abbot didn't make NYC a sanctuary city....nor did he write any bad laws requiring them to shelter and feed the people they are protecting from deportation.

New York has a worker shortage, as does Chicago.

I know. If it continued, they may have had to cut salaries and benefits for CEOs and shareholders and start paying workers more money.

Biden effectively prevented that by trafficking illegals and looking the other way as child labor has increased to record numbers. I don't know how anyone can vote for that in good conscience.

I'm not talking about you personally though...as you've made it clear you have no idea what has been happening.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The people who apprehend someone here illegally....whether the border patrol (if they are apprehended crossing the border) don't make any determination of the validity of their asylum claim. They used to at some point in the past to some bare minimum degrree. At some point, it changed so the person here illegally doesn't even need to have any idea what asylum is to request it.
Not legally. A law enforcement does not have judicial powers. Again, not like Russia. And a long time ago, the Supreme Court ruled that a person must be made aware of his rights in order to have rights. Must be confusing for you.

It's the sheer volume of people that is delaying the process and the complete lack of consequences.
Hence Biden's move to put more resources into determining who was legally allowed to stay and who wasn't. As you know, Trump ordered House republicans to not let Biden's bill for more resources for the courts and Border Patrol come to a vote. For reasons that even some republicans admit.

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Thursday took aim at former President Trump for pushing Republican lawmakers to oppose a border deal so that he could use the issue to campaign against President Biden in the 2024 presidential election.

Romney told CNN’s Manu Raju he thought it was “really appalling” that Trump would try to prevent progress on addressing the surge in migration at the southern border.

“I think the border is a very important issue for Donald Trump,” Romney said. “And the fact that he would communicate to Republican senators and congresspeople that he doesn’t want us to solve the border problem because he wants to blame Biden for it is really appalling.”

“But the reality is that we have a crisis at the border, the American people are suffering as a result of what’s happening at the border, and someone running for president ought to try to get the problem solved as opposed to saying, ‘Hey, save that problem. Don’t solve it. Let me take credit for solving it later,’” Romney continued.

None of this has anything to do with the drug culture in the Trump WH, of course.

I think you were confused by Biden continuing Obama's policy of focusing enforcement against felons. The Trump administration abandoned that policy, because it's easier to round up the much more numerous law-abiding illegals.

(denial that illegal aliens are sneaking into the country)

I never said that.
Normally when people cut holes in a barrier, what does that mean? It's always nice when you make my point for me.

Well first, let's just acknowledge that you have no idea what you are talking about and what I stated about who ICE has been instructed to deport is correct.
Well first, let's just acknowledge that you have no idea what you are talking about and the policy that you are confused about was rescinded about 2 years ago. ICE has been instructed to prioritize the removal of dangerous criminals. Trump opposes that for reasons we've already discussed. Any illegal can be removed, but a supervisor's approval was necessary to set aside the hunt for felons and arrest those who are not felons. The new policy, gives individual agents discretion as to arrests, but the administration continues to tell ICE to focus on the most dangerous people whenever possible.

Which seems like a good idea to me.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Not legally. A law enforcement does not have judicial powers. Again, not like Russia. And a long time ago, the Supreme Court ruled that a person must be made aware of his rights in order to have rights. Must be confusing for you.

Hence Biden's move to put more resources into determining who was legally allowed to stay and who wasn't. As you know, Trump ordered House republicans to not let Biden's bill for more resources for the courts and Border Patrol come to a vote. For reasons that even some republicans admit.

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Thursday took aim at former President Trump for pushing Republican lawmakers to oppose a border deal so that he could use the issue to campaign against President Biden in the 2024 presidential election.

Romney told CNN’s Manu Raju he thought it was “really appalling” that Trump would try to prevent progress on addressing the surge in migration at the southern border.

“I think the border is a very important issue for Donald Trump,” Romney said. “And the fact that he would communicate to Republican senators and congresspeople that he doesn’t want us to solve the border problem because he wants to blame Biden for it is really appalling.”

“But the reality is that we have a crisis at the border, the American people are suffering as a result of what’s happening at the border, and someone running for president ought to try to get the problem solved as opposed to saying, ‘Hey, save that problem. Don’t solve it. Let me take credit for solving it later,’” Romney continued.

None of this has anything to do with the drug culture in the Trump WH, of course.

I think you were confused by Biden continuing Obama's policy of focusing enforcement against felons. The Trump administration abandoned that policy, because it's easier to round up the much more numerous law-abiding illegals.

(denial that illegal aliens are sneaking into the country)

Normally when people cut holes in a barrier, what does that mean? It's always nice when you make my point for me.

Well first, let's just acknowledge that you have no idea what you are talking about and the policy that you are confused about was rescinded about 2 years ago. ICE has been instructed to prioritize the removal of dangerous criminals. Trump opposes that for reasons we've already discussed. Any illegal can be removed, but a supervisor's approval was necessary to set aside the hunt for felons and arrest those who are not felons. The new policy, gives individual agents discretion as to arrests, but the administration continues to tell ICE to focus on the most dangerous people whenever possible.

Which seems like a good idea to me.
Seems like a lousy idea when you consider how few qualify, they could remain in Mexico ( or the first country of safety overseas) while waiting to be processed. Many problems solved. both in Humanitarian tragedy, and financial disaster.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Orders of significant quantities of drugs such as fentanyl by the White House Medical Unit under the Trump administration have led to questions as to why it procured the controlled substances and what they were intended for.

In the first nine months of 2019, the medical unit—which is responsible for tending to the medical needs of the White House staff—made four separate orders of fentanyl, two orders of morphine and a further two of ketamine. In total, it received 34 packs of fentanyl over the period, records show.

The disclosure came in a scathing report by the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, released earlier this month, which gave the findings of an investigation which began in 2018 that came after complaints were raised about an unnamed senior military medical officer engaging in "improper medical practices."

The probe concluded that the White House Medical Unit's pharmacy operations had "severe and systemic problems" without oversight, and dispensed prescription medications to ineligible White House staff.
Around a hundred times more potent than morphine, fentanyl is a synthetic opioid which is used in a medical setting for pain relief and as an anaesthetic. Morphine and ketamine are also used as sedatives, but all three are controlled due to their illicit use.

Fentanyl has increasingly become the leading driver of America's opioid epidemic, with illicit supply thought to be smuggled over the border, prompting calls from Democrats and former President Donald Trump for tighter controls.

According to the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), fentanyl is responsible for more than 70 percent of drug overdose deaths among U.S. adults aged 18 to 45.

As the White House Medical Unit offers day-to-day care for the president, vice president, their families and staffers, the procurement of the sedatives, including fentanyl, has raised eyebrows.

"This was just a clinic, and didn't do any major procedures which required even moderate sedation," Brian Krassenstein, an internet personality and commentator, wrote in an X, formerly Twitter, post on Saturday that has since been viewed 3.2 million times. "The real White House drug story wasn't the cocaine found under [President Joe] Biden but the Fentanyl, Morphine, or Ketamine prescribed under Trump."

"No wonder America's fentanyl problem exploded while Trump was in office!" Grant Stern, the executive editor of Occupy Democrats, said in a post on Sunday, since viewed over 280,000 times. "His 'doctor' was ordering PLENTY of it for the White House."

"For a clinic that doesn't typically do procedures [with] moderate sedation they sure are ordering prodigious quantities of morphine, fentanyl, versed, & ketamine," Nick Mark, a medical doctor based in Seattle, Washington wrote.

Newsweek approached the Trump campaign via email for comment on Monday.

The Inspector General report found that in the White House Medical Unit, drugs including opioids and sleep medications "were not properly accounted for" and that prescribers "wrote prescriptions for controlled substances that often lacked the medical provider and patient information mandated by DEA policy."

It also questioned why the unit routinely ordered branded drugs instead of their generic equivalents that were around half the price.

The report did not name any individuals working at the White House Medical Unit at the time and did not apportion blame for the issues it uncovered.

Newsweek reached out to Rep. Ronny Jackson, the president's physician between 2013 and 2018, and Sean Conley, his successor who served until Biden was inaugurated in 2021, via email for comment on Monday.

Fentanyl and Ketamine handed out illegally in the Trump WH. Every time you think you've heard the craziest thing about his administration, something else tops it.

Upvote 0