Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They worded it in such a way to hide the likely reality that none of them are American citizens. By saying "OR" their statement can be considered 100% true even if none of the people they're referring to are American citizens. Most American citizens don't have family all over Afghanistan as so it sounds like these people are in the "or had worked for the U.S. government" category.

For example, if I said to you "I own 5 cars and they are Ferraris or they are Hondas" does that mean that for sure i have even at least one Ferrari??? Based on your answer to that, I have a bridge you may be interested in purchasing...

How would you know the reasoning how they worded it? Your response is calling for the understanding of their mindset instead of just reading it contextually.

Thanks for your opinion - we disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How would you know the reasoning how they worded it? Your response is calling for the understanding of their mindset instead of just reading it contextually.

Thanks for your opinion - we disagree.
It's clear they were not confident enough that there were any actual American citizens to use the word "and" instead of "or". That means they really don't know themselves. That's for sure.

For example, if there was a box of 10 fruits on a table, and I knew for sure it had at least one each of apples and oranges I could confidently say it had "apples AND oranges". If I weren't sure it actually had both of those but did know it had one or the other I could only confidently say it had "apples OR oranges". If I said it had "apples OR oranges" and someone said "so it definitely has apples!" we know that person is wrong. It doesn't necessarily have ANY apples at all.

So contrary to your claim, I am actually the one reading it contextually. In the context of the same article stating that these people were living with relatives in Afghanistan it is likely they were people worked with the U.S. government rather than American Citizens. But one thing's for sure about the mindset of whoever wrote the article and the reasoning they used is that they really couldn't say with certainty that there was even ONE American citizen in the group, so they used the word "or" rather than "and". You are the one who decided to (mis)interpret that to mean there are both but the way it is written (intentionally) indicates that it could be only one of the two types mentioined and not the other. Contextually, it is likely that none are American citizens.

So feel free to disagree all you want, but if you want to argue reasoning behind what was written and context you really need to explain your position rather than just throw those words out there. I've broken it down for you - if you think you can break it down better have at it. But it's written pretty clearly, I don't see how you can go against what I have broken down from the actual written words from the article.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Today is October 6, 2021 and there are still Americans in Afghanistan being held against their will.
No,, there aren't, and there haven't been any. It's a complete fabrication to say that there are.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Didn’t know Joe went to beach today again on Oct 6.

Nice deflection. You managed to completely missed or purposely missed the point of the thread.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No,, there aren't, and there haven't been any. It's a complete fabrication to say that there are.

You should inform our Secretary of State who testified before Congress about that. Seems you have better sources than he does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Nice deflection. You managed to completely missed or purposely missed the point of the thread.

the Title of the thread is ;
While Joe goes to the beach for a long weekend
i don't think Joe went to beach this weekend or Today , did he ?

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Just speaking realities here. Don’t blame me, I didn’t vote for him.

Again and again I wrote this in the forum , and I will say it again ;

Those of us who voted for Biden, we didn’t vote for him because he will fix this , he will fix that, and he will speak eloquently like Obama or Clinton.

We know what we got and we are happy with it.

We voted for Biden to remove Trump from office. Biden done that; Mission accomplished.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those of us who voted for Biden, we didn’t vote for him because he will fix this , he will fix that, and he will speak eloquently like Obama or Clinton.

We know what we got and we are happy with it.

We voted for Biden to remove Trump from office. Biden done that; Mission accomplished.

well congratulations. You got what you wanted. If that was your sole purpose in electing this President then your job is finished. Hoorah for you.

Since you did not vote for a President because he “would fix or fix that”, it should not bother you one iota that he is not fixing anything.

Thanks for sharing.

Those of us who want a President for other reasons seek to hold him accountable.

Reactions: Tiberius Lee
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
?

Why the flame?

Not a flame at all. I have not posted anything false. You don’t like it. Oh well.

You will also note I changed it almost instantly. You must have me on speed response. You are welcome

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
well congratulations. You got what you wanted. If that was your sole purpose in electing this President then your job is finished. Hoorah for you.

Since you did not vote for a President because he “would fix or fix that”, it should not bother you one iota that he is not fixing anything.

Thanks for sharing.

Those of us who want a President for other reasons seek to hold him accountable.

How did you hold Trump accountable?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You should inform our Secretary of State who testified before Congress about that. Seems you have better sources than he does.
You are incorrect about that. Our Secretary of State did not testify before Congress that there are Americans being held against their will in Afghanistan today (or for the past several weeks, for that matter).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are incorrect about that. Our Secretary of State did not testify before Congress that there are Americans being held against their will in Afghanistan today (or for the past several weeks, for that matter).

Yes he did. Was on CSpan and everything.

Easy for anyone to find.

Upvote 0