Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like what are you suppose to do if you don't like, or don't want something....? Are you just suppose to roll over and let them pass whatever Obama wants because he is the first black president and is suppose to be super enlightened because he has some superficial charm and can speak well?
Hmm...that sounds like a racist comment to me, I hope I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’m pretty sure you’re aware it takes 60 votes in the senate to pass most bills under current rules.

Only certain bills and we're not talking about those. Most of Biden's proposals have actually only required a simple majority.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I believe that just shows us that there are many in Congress who don't want unity and are willing to harm the country in order to maintain division. Biden can't force people to want unity, just as any other President can't, he can do his best to try to make deals and compromise but he can't change what is motivating them.
Anything to get a failed president off the hook, eh? LOL

The fact is that whatever positions and actions we can attribute to Congressmen and Senators, Biden has actively worked to disunite the nation, needlessly widening the gulf started four or so years ago. It's his way of fighting back at every criticism of his failures.

At the least, Biden COULD have promoted unity in the externals, in his speeches and appeals to the nation, in gestures like most presidents make when fallen servicemen are memorialized, and so on. At the very least he could talk a good game about unity, but he's chosen to go the other way and, for example, insult and threaten 70 million Americans simply for not having voted for him! He has actively enlisted in promoting the cause of DISunity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is too soon to say that Biden had had a failed Presidency. In 1945 Harry Truman became President. The nation underwent the transition from a wartime to a peacetime economy. Strikes were rampant including a nationwide railroad strike (remember that railroads were then the chief means of long-distance transportation). Truman's ratings dropped from 82 percent in the polls in January 1946 to 52 percent by that June. Yet he worked his way back, won (barely) an elected term and is today regarded as having been one of the better Presidents (the current Presidential Historians Poll ranks him as 6th best). Don't try to rate Biden too soon.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Don't try to rate Biden too soon.

I kind of expected that response, and it's reasonable given him just completing his first year and all.

Biden is vastly different than Truman in his perceived competence than Truman when taking office. I don't think anybody doubted Harry S's competence and they knew "the buck stops" with him.

In theory its possible but will be really difficult to pull off a Truman type achievement. Basically his advisors need to operate him like an an automaton and let him have all the credit whenever something succeeds. They actually sorta already do that now as far as giving him elaborate instructions on exactly who to call on at press conferences etc. He comes preprogrammed not making impromptu decisions like most presidents because things go south when he free forms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I kind of expected that response, and it's reasonable given him just completing his first year and all.

Biden is vastly different than Truman in his perceived competence than Truman when taking office. I don't think anybody doubted Harry S's competence and they knew "the buck stops" with him.

In theory its possible but will be really difficult to pull off a Truman type achievement. Basically his advisors need to operate him like an an automaton and let him have all the credit whenever something succeeds. They actually sorta already do that now as far as giving him elaborate instructions on exactly who to call on at press conferences etc. He comes preprogrammed not making impromptu decisions like most presidents because things go south when he free forms.
Actually Truman was a replacement for Henry Wallace as FDR’s VP. He wasn’t particularly well-known or well-liked by the public. That took time.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes those are good points. Biden has maybe over x4 as much time in the Senate as Harry had. This however would lead some folks make that into a point. Basically that Biden is a broken down jalopy of a politician. Like it would be interesting to compare his age relative to Truman back when he first ran in my college days in 88. But when he was in his best condition for a run, he tanked his run with his plagiarism and his lying about his education etc. which he did defensively because he did not like someone potentially questioning his intelligence (by his own admission).

But if you look at history Biden has been on the wrong side of a lot of stuff, much more than most politicians. Biden wanted to talk Obama out of getting Ben Laden and I'm not sure if Obama could have won without at least one clear win like that. Probably he could have since most of the media loved him and wanted him to succeed in spite of not fulfilling most of the economic milestones that you need to get reelected.

Biden's biggest achievement was the Crime Bill, but he has been on the defensive on that for the last number of years since the Democratic party has decided that anything that causes African Americans to be incarcerated more often is bad, irregardless of how much they may deserve it by committing blatant crimes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0