Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was very surprised to run across this video. This is a YouTube psychiatrist I have watched before but on topics of psychology and psychiatry. He has or had is private practice from what I know, but I guess Covid made him branch out more into pop culture topics for his personal income.

I think he makes a good case in using his neutral psychiatrist objectivity in analyzing Biden in terms of the Afghanistan debacle, and points out the many ways Biden failed even in spite of campaigning on foreign policy as a strength. Even still the notion of him being a "failed president" might seem premature, but isn't when you consider how Biden has handled all the other areas he's managed this last year (the border, our relations with other countries, Covid, the Economy and Inflation, the Supply Chain problem).

Text (sorry, experimental)

hello this is dr grande. today's question is can i analyze the situation with joe biden and they withdraw from afghanistan. another question here is is joe biden a good leader. just a reminder i'm not diagnosing anybody in this video. only speculating about what could be happening in a situation like this if you enjoyed this video please like it subscribe to my channel consider supporting me on patreon and check out my podcast bellagrande media i will put the relevant links in the description for this video at the time of making this video in august of united states armed forces are withdrawing from afghanistan in what has been a hectic disorganized mess. the taliban seized power at a staggering rate probably even surprising themselves as the afghan security forces collapsed and the president of afghanistan fled the country the airport in kabul has become the scene of surreal images of people crowding onto the runway desperate to escape the terror of the taliban. there are grave concerns about more people dying and about the rights of women which almost certainly will be functionally eliminated by the taliban as the commander-in-chief joe biden is responsible for what happened he has received appropriate bipartisan backlash many people do agree that the united states needed to get out of afghanistan and that biden was in a tough spot because he had to honor agreements of the past there's a lot of blame to go around as far as how the situation in afghanistan has been handled every president involved has made mistakes i don't think the withdrawal of military forces is what is making people so upset with joe biden rather it's really about how he handled the withdrawal his strategy of having people running to the airport in danger of losing their lives did not seem to be well thought out this brings me to the question was joe biden demonstrating leadership there are few items that speak to leadership that i will review here one instead of taking ownership of the problem biden has blamed just about everyone else he said his advisers did not warn him of the situation when in fact they did although it may be true that there was some disagreement among the advisers biden blamed the president of afghanistan for fleeing biden portrayed the afghan security forces as incompetent one could argue that he implied they were cowards biden seemed more fascinated with blaming the people of afghanistan than helping them he abandoned people who helped the united states basically just telling them tough luck a key part of leadership is accepting responsibility it is the only way to instill confidence biden simply can't view himself as the problem he believes no one has the right to doubt his superior leadership qualities two during the election joe biden represented himself as a master of foreign policy ostensibly this was one of the key reasons to select him over donald trump biden understood the complexities of the world like trade warfare terrorism finance and other areas it appears as though he tragically overestimated his own abilities even to the point where he was on vacation as the military withdrawal was going on he was so good at foreign policy he didn't have to oversee a complex evacuation of afghanistan he's like the bond movie villain that puts a lethal contraption in motion and doesn't even bother to see if james bond was actually killed if foreign policy is joe biden's strength i wonder how he will perform in an area where he is weak i think biden equates hearing about foreign policy as being able to develop and implement it like competence is acquired magically he can just get it by standing around and hearing people talk about various situations in different countries i guess he attended the sarah palin school of foreign policy like when she claimed to be proficient because she could see russia from alaska three biden has made some terrible inaccurate predictions just weeks before the situation happened biden said quote there's going to be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the united states and afghanistan unquote this is an obvious reference to saigon in . well i guess in one way biden was right instead of people being lifted off the roof of an embassy they were lifted from the landing pad next to the embassy as if those words coming back at biden aren't devastating enough biden said something else at that time quote the likelihood there's going to be the taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely unquote he should have just said the likelihood is low and so the likelihood is highly unlikely but that aside there's a clear problem with his statement in that it was completely inaccurate maybe he can argue that the taliban already owned the whole country so they didn't have to take it over they already had it there is the sense with joe biden that he believes he has control over situations more than he actually does he makes these bold predictions based on his imaginary power or abilities four biden seems to be dodging questions when he does answer questions he's either blaming somebody else or not making sense there is this sense that he's indignant when somebody questions his authority or actions how dare they want to report something about him and the media five biden has made it clear that completing the withdrawal depends on the cooperation of the taliban a group of extremists who regularly torture and murder people this is the group that he's trusting next he's going to be congratulating them for defeating the afghan security forces it makes no sense to consider the taliban trustworthy they are not on the side of the united states . biden appears to process information dichotomously that is in two distinct categories not on a continuum from his perspective either the united states stayed in afghanistan and spent hundreds of millions of dollars on a prolonged military conflict or conducted a disastrous poorly planned ill-advised retreat that is an embarrassment the united states and erodes its credibility planning a proper withdrawal from the country while protecting human rights was an option he didn't have to go to one extreme or the other seven biden does not appear to be empathic he represents himself as someone who has empathy he cares about human rights he cares about people no matter who they are or where they are from what about the people of afghanistan they are human beings biden doesn't seem to understand or care about that almost like they are to blame for their own situation like he's mad at them for failing to resist the taliban not long ago biden said quote look let's put this thing in perspective here what interest do we have in afghanistan at this point with al qaeda gone unquote so a really cold and distant statement he's talking about human beings that the united states is going to turn their back on as a side note he's wrong about al qaeda being eliminated although their strength has been reduced i'm not sure that biden really understands how other people feel he seems to be kind of in this tough guy moment where he wants to prove that he can put his foot down with all these factors in mind what are my thoughts on joe biden's leadership ability i can appreciate that joe biden has trouble adjusting to being president he doesn't like questions from reporters probably because he doesn't have good answers he doesn't like being held accountable foreign and domestic policy are more complicated than he originally imagined even still he promoted himself as a leader unfortunately the evidence doesn't support his assertion leadership is not arrogant condescending evasive quick tempered hypersensitive criticism or defensive i think the reality is that joe biden is simply the person who is in charge that's different than being a leader many presidents who were poor leaders still did an okay job so there is some hope i just think it would be nice if someday the united states could actually have a quality leader someone who truly pushes the politics to the side and tries to make good decisions based on logic reason and empathy a president who can truly implement the will of the people to biden's credit i think he does a much better job at hiding obvious flaws than some other presidents but a hidden flaw is a flaw nonetheless in a way it's a little scarier it's a hidden danger you never know what's going to happen you never know where the weakness is i think the lesson learned here is to simply be aware of biden's shortcomings to know that he's not living up to all the self-promotion the people of afghanistan probably cannot count on joe biden to render any meaningful assistance or to genuinely care about their welfare there's something worrisome about a person who is a poor leader who knows they are a poor leader there's something terrifying about a poor leader who believes they are actually a good leader moving to the last question will joe biden's behavior hurt him politically humanitarian issues rarely hurt u.s presence economic issues do biden will likely be able to move on from this catastrophe and continue to find new opportunities to wreak havoc those are my thoughts on joe biden's lack of leadership through the afghanistan situation please put any opinions and thoughts in the comments section they always generate an interesting dialogue as always i hope you found my analysis of this topic to be informative thanks for watching

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Occurred" and "leading to" weren't the point there. The fact is that Obama never got us out of it although he had eight long years to do it.
It's pointless to respond to such delusion ...

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the negatives have to drop by the same percentage. In other words, he's "underwater" as they say by about 15 POINTS!

That's considered huge by the pollsters.

And that's the situation if we go by the results of your most optimistic of poll results. If we were to use the average of the leading polls, the shortfall would be even greater.
Some basic math ...

Biden's at 43% approval. If he gains 8% approval, he's at 51% approval .... which is a majority of the American public.

As a side point, as his positives increase, his negatives will decrease simultaneously. That's the way percentages work ...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe that you can blame COVID for:

The open border
Closing of the pipeline and making the US a importer instead of exporter of energy.
The rampant crime in many states.
The absolute atrocity of the departure from Afghanistan
The polarization of the citizens of the country
The lack of resistance and deterants for Russia moving on the Ukraine, China into the Philipeans and the rising unrest in the Middle East.

Biden and Harris do not have an approval rating that is in free fall..... because of COVID.
Supposing that all of this valid ... what really matters is what Americans think on these issues. The main thing affecting most Americans right now ... is COVID. It's still killing and hospitalizing Americans ... and causing interruptions to our supply chains.

When COVID lifts, ... and it will, ... a lot of these issues will normalize ... and contribute to a new sense of optimism among most Americans, which will lead to an increase in Biden's approval.

At the same time, hindsight and investigations will continue to reveal just how much of a bullet we dodged in Trump's presidency ... and how electing Biden in 2020 was the absolute best thing that we could have done at the time. It will take a while to recover from Trump's particular brand of polarization, but we will.

BTW, nice to see you again Jack. Are you still onboard with all the Q craziness ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Some basic math ...

Biden's at 43% approval. If he gains 8% approval, he's at 51% approval .... which is a majority of the American public.

Never mind. Yes, a gain of 8% would mean a majority for Biden, but until that happens, he's not only 8% behind Trump's numbers.

If you don't see this, then my guess is that you aren't going to.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Never mind. Yes, a gain of 8% would mean a majority for Biden, but until that happens, he's not only 8% behind Trump's numbers.

If you don't see this, then my guess is that you aren't going to.
Trump was at 39% at this point in his presidency. His approval was always below 45% ...

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Passing the bills in the Senate takes 60 votes, that's all of the Dems and 10 Republicans.
So why do you think they aren't having much luck in getting anything passed?

Because he is failing in his promise to unify the Congress. He cannot get bipartisan support and in the Senate he can’t even get his own party to support.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The irony of this thread is even if Joe accomplished his entire agenda in his first year it is very probable the usual critics would view Biden as a failure. In retrospect, I think Biden has been successful in at least two areas. First he beat trump and alleviated that threat. Second, he already brought our troops home from the 20 year expensive political war in Afghanistan. Congress is what remains a failure to Americans. The peril remains.....

No if that were all true I would not consider Biden a failure but some kind of serious threat nemesis like Obama. Obama failed at some of his projects like his promise on the economy, but he was not a failure in general, he was affective, a little too affective in some things (especially on the propaganda front) , and had a lot of help from the general media.

Joe Biden on the other hand is constantly being propped up by the media, his own party etc. almost like the "Weekend at Bernies" Comedy of the late 80s. He can stumble, sleep walk and bumble his way through and with just enough creativity they can gas light the public that he really is competent, or otherwise acting fine, responsible etc.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No if that were all true I would not consider Biden a failure but some kind of serious threat nemesis like Obama. Obama failed at some of his projects like his promise on the economy, but he was not a failure in general, he was affective, a little too affective in some things (especially on the propaganda front) , and had a lot of help from the general media.

Joe Biden on the other hand is constantly being propped up by the media, his own party etc. almost like the "Weekend at Bernies" Comedy of the late 80s. He can stumble, sleep walk and bumble his way through and with just enough creativity they can gas light the public that he really is competent, or otherwise acting fine, responsible etc.
Obama was effective. Trump is affective, depending on his mood. And I don't think Joe Biden is some kind of magical leader either. He certainly has his faults. America is merely blessed trump didn’t win another term. If you think America would have been better served with trump as president that is your prerogative. Forming my opinion from the available evidence, my view seems rational.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Your perceptions are skewed friend. Putin was an ally of trump, while trump was relevant. When asked point blank if he thought Putin was a killer, Joe said yes. I cannot recall a single instance of trump holding Putin accountable for anything. And Joe has been successful in many eyes due to his landslide defeat of the grifter. That opinion is as valid as yours, maybe more because we have evidence. Joe sits in the Oval Office. The insurrection was an embarrassing "new conflict" trump got us into as well. "Come to DC on January 6th. It's gonna be wild!"
I must admit you are an enigma. It's as if you are some kind of thespian up in here just acting the part. You nearly seem too intelligent to believe your own posts.

Yeah this is not that black and white.

Trump was optimistic with Putin in the early part of his term and wanted better relations with Russia which is completely wise, not only are they a nuclear power but at present had more nukes and ones that were modernized compared to our own.

But people forget things such as

1) Obama's hot mike moment with the President of Russia

2) Hillary Clinton selling Russia a nice chunk of our Uranium

3) Hillary Clinton's Easy Button "relationship reset" gaffe with Russia

4) Biden's back door dealings with Putin this past year. No doubt Putin got the better of Biden this last year. He call's Putin "a thug" just before that big summit, G7. Only to have to walk it back, because he is secretly asking Putin for favors to operate drones out of Tajikistan so he can secretly give away Bagram air base to the Taliban. There is no doubt who won or got the better deal with that encounter. Biden's macho aviator glasses did not help him. When pictured or interviewed he was frowning and testy with reporters, while Putin was fine and got in some more licks in by doing press conferences that advanced the Russian point of view while Biden was just waiting out the clock till the whole thing was over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was referring to Biden's big speech promising all those things.

BTW, it's not called "the Great Recession" (which term you also used in your post) for nothing!

It's the "Great Recession" because it was the longest-running recession in US history. That's Obama's doing.

Oh hey, it's been a while since you've busted out that nonsense. I'd started to wonder if you'd dropped it altogether after people repeatedly pointed out how wrong it was. I guess not.

You've complained that Obama didn't have a quick rebound to his economic recovery, but when Biden does have a rebound, you complain about the inflation that ensues. Is there any making you happy?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Amazing how some people equate "kindness" with backing Democratic candidates.... Not criticizing them or running anything negative about them because they are the incarnations of empathy, goodness and social justice even when they are not...

Now if being unkind is voicing any criticism when it comes to politics then why is such a standard not applied across the board? Also do we want to live in a system where there is no such criticism? The US was at least founded on such things as free speech when it comes to politics, religion, and life in general.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because he is failing in his promise to unify the Congress. He cannot get bipartisan support and in the Senate he can’t even get his own party to support.
I believe that just shows us that there are many in Congress who don't want unity and are willing to harm the country in order to maintain division. Biden can't force people to want unity, just as any other President can't, he can do his best to try to make deals and compromise but he can't change what is motivating them. Too many have a different goal and because of that, they won't agree even to things they don't really object to. They must keep the status quo, whatever the other side purposes they will disagree.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Democrats used the Senate filibuster—the same one they
say is a “Jim Crow” relic of the past, in order to protect Russian
President Vladimir Putin’s Nord Stream 2 pipeline.

Yes they always do that Special Pleading, two sets of rules for me and thee kind of thing. Remember the same kind of thing with Obama and their complaints about "Obstructionism" and things like Harry Reid changing the Senate rules, only for them to complain later when we got in our licks from those changes. "Oh of course, we had to do that... We wanted to advance historic legislation and you were being obstructionist...".

Like what are you suppose to do if you don't like, or don't want something....? Are you just suppose to roll over, forget your constituents and let them pass whatever Obama wants because he is the first black president and is suppose to be super enlightened because he has some superficial charm, intelligence and can give a good speech?

In reality they often are just bad at politics. Traditionally you had to find a way to hammer out a truely bipartisan deal by finding what both parties can agree on or, and/or do some amount of horse trading so everybody gets something. That is what Reagan did with Tip O'neal and other presidents did with their opposition.

Obama mostly tried to lecture his opposition into behaving the way he thought they should and did very little true negotiating compared to past presidents. You have to give folks something they actually want, not just give them what you think or hope they might settle for at the last minute to push a bill through. And this requires talking to the opposition early in the process rather than after the concrete has been mostly poured.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Democrats used the Senate filibuster—the same one they
say is a “Jim Crow” relic of the past, in order to protect Russian
President Vladimir Putin’s Nord Stream 2 pipeline.
Did you really mean filibuster?

I don't see where they filibustered. This bill required the 60 Vote Rule to pass the Senate but only got 55.

filibuster - A filibuster is a tactic used by a minority group of members of the U.S. Senate who oppose and prevent the passage of a bill, despite the bill having enough supporters to pass it.

Filibuster in the United States Senate - Wikipedia

Upvote 0