the worst foreign policy debacle since the Vietnam War.

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That is not the point, we were going to leave, it is how we left and what it cost in lives, equipment, relationships, and our reputation in the eyes of our friends and enemies. This all could have been done without it becoming a historical disaster.

Not the point either. Had Trump had guts to do the same you would be singing his praises. This is just Biden bashing.

Funny how international scorn means something now but when Trump was laughinstock of the globe it just meant he was sticking to his guns and yay murica.

Every military operation in history could have been done better and every campaign has been done by people who were not there.

In the end it just becomes possibilities of alternate reality.

The withdrawal could certainly have gone better, just as easily it could have gone worse. Few more guys with suicide vests on a crowd and thats all it would take to inflate the body count.

This current "what could have been" is just party politics to be argued forever if you have nothing better to do.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What makes you think that he didnt?
Because the parliamentary speechifying you describe (which was not a vote on a contempt charge) also criticizes the larger outcome: Taliban ruling Afg. But that was forgone given the Trump admin deal with them. And if the Brits had a say, then theyve no basis for the most significant part of the complaint.

(I should note, I dont blame the Trump admin for this. In hindsight, its clear the Afg govt/army was not a realistic inheritor of the country. )

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yes it did happen Biden was held in contempt by the British Parliament
Nope. Several members of the House of COmmons made some rather blistering comments about Biden and the withdrawal, but the House of Commons as a whole did nothing. And all the people who made critical comments were backbenchers, which means they weren't part of the Government. It's like saying Bernie Sanders giving a speech about the evils of bankers is Congress holding bankers in contempt.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Nope. Several members of the House of COmmons made some rather blistering comments about Biden and the withdrawal, but the House of Commons as a whole did nothing. And all the people who made critical comments were backbenchers, which means they weren't part of the Government. It's like saying Bernie Sanders giving a speech about the evils of bankers is Congress holding bankers in contempt.
I was going to contest this idea that the UK Parliament actually held a vote on a formal contempt charge - rather than just certain individuals expressing opinions. But whats the point? Clint believes it happened and thats the end of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not the point either. Had Trump had guts to do the same you would be singing his praises. This is just Biden bashing.

Funny how international scorn means something now but when Trump was laughinstock of the globe it just meant he was sticking to his guns and yay murica.

Every military operation in history could have been done better and every campaign has been done by people who were not there.

In the end it just becomes possibilities of alternate reality.

The withdrawal could certainly have gone better, just as easily it could have gone worse. Few more guys with suicide vests on a crowd and thats all it would take to inflate the body count.

This current "what could have been" is just party politics to be argued forever if you have nothing better to do.
Tell me what political party affiliation does the British Parliament have? They condemned Biden for his actions. So much for the concept of what the rest of the word thinks about Biden. UK lawmakers publicly condemn Biden over 'appalling' Afghanistan withdrawal

• Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because the parliamentary speechifying you describe (which was not a vote on a contempt charge) also criticizes the larger outcome: Taliban ruling Afg. But that was forgone given the Trump admin deal with them. And if the Brits had a say, then theyve no basis for the most significant part of the complaint.

(I should note, I dont blame the Trump admin for this. In hindsight, its clear the Afg govt/army was not a realistic inheritor of the country. )
The senior British officer would have had his input to Trump via the Senior U.S. officer. All of that is irrelevant in that the Taliban violated the agreement numerous times anyway.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have numerous articles that indicate that Biden was held in contempt by UK Parliament, do you have even one article that shows that he was not?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I have numerous articles that indicate that Biden was held in contempt by UK Parliament, do you have even one article that shows that he was not?
No, just as I would have difficulty in finding out if Congress never passed the “Take A Left Handed Clown to Lunch Day” resolution, (if it doesn’t happen it doesn’t “make the papers”).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This has been explained above, but you’re going to believe that the entirety of Parliament burned Biden in effigy, aren’t you?

Enjoy your outrage.
Surely that is your reward.
Trying to minimize this event is futile. No other president in the history of our nation has accomplished what Biden has accomplished with his totally incompetent actions. The Brits and not in the habit of telling American Presidents that they are contemptible.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, just as I would have difficulty in finding out if Congress never passed the “Take A Left Handed Clown to Lunch Day” resolution, (if it doesn’t happen it doesn’t “make the papers”).
and if it does happen and makes the papers, just say it isn't true anyway, right?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who gives a hoot what some members of British Parliament comment.

Getting laughed at UN is what world thought of Trump and his bluster.

Still credit where credit is due, he took it well.
You do understand that this thread is not about Trump right? BUT what the heck a little what about ism here and there its all good.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You do understand that this thread is not about Trump right? BUT what the heck a little what about ism here and there its all good.

Sure, but you were so heartbroken of the great damage to US international image so I thought I would cheer you up by pointing out that Biden could sacrife a sheep in the Oval Office and most of the globe would still think it improvement from your previous president and the perception US enjoys abroad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sure, but you were so heartbroken of the great damage to US international image so I thought I would cheer you up by pointing out that Biden could sacrife a sheep in the Oval Office and most of the globe would still think it improvement from your previous president and the perception US enjoys abroad.
That might be what you think but fortunately you do not represent the world.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You have one article by the telegraph and everybody uncritically repeating that. And as you know, it's hard to prove a negative, but the nice thing about the Parliament, like most legislative bodies, is that they keep records of parliamentary action. If Parliament had held Biden in contempt, there would be a record of it and there isn't.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0