Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,024.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Is that how the democratic party and their followers think? Promise to not leave until all Americans are evacuated, then break that promise and abandon them, and then say when confronted with the issue afterwards:

?

The hyperbole is getting thick. I agree that Biden made a mess of things with his withdrawal but to claim we abandoned these people who we have repeatedly tried to get to leave is a bit much.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I posted the links already. But let me point out something you just stated:

Follow along here:

100 Americans who wish to leave, but are not allowed to. - That means they are being held against their will by a foreign nation -

Seven letter word meaning person being held against their will.

H _ _ t _ _ e

Care to buy a vowel?
Nowhere in any of your links does it say that anyone is "not allowed to" leave Afghanistan. Absolutely nowhere. That's your own creation.

Is it really worth making inaccurate claims just to "own Biden"; is this that important to you?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't leave my country right now either. Are you claiming I am a hostage?

LOL - you can't take a trip?? Really - why? I just got back From Germany three weeks ago and on October 3 I fly to Cairo.

Why is the US government preventing you from leaving? Do you have criminal charges pending? Did your passport get taken? Are you on a no fly list?

In case you are doubting my honesty:

Cairo in.JPG
Cairo in.JPG

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nowhere in any of your links does it say that anyone is "not allowed to" leave Afghanistan. Absolutely nowhere. That's your own creation.

Is it really worth making inaccurate claims just to "own Biden"; is this that important to you?

Really?

Despite the efforts to evacuate all Americans from the country, several hundred Americans remain in the embattled country following the withdrawal, according to the Pentagon.

Reportedly, the officials of the US State Department have said privately and publicly that around 100 Americans are still in Afghanistan and are wishing to get out, a month after the Taliban seized control of the country.

Here, let me help you further:

Taliban blocking charter flights from leaving Afghanistan; Blinken says US limited without personnel

McCaul: Taliban holding six planes loaded with Americans, translators

Taliban isn't letting charter flights leave Afghanistan, officials say

Multiple planes that are ready to take American citizens and green card holders out of the country are being denied permission to leave by the Taliban, congressional and NGO sources told CBS News.

Excerpts of an email from the State Department to members of congress viewed by CBS News acknowledged that charter flights are still on the ground at the Mazar-i-Sharif airstrip in northern Afghanistan and have permission to land in Doha "if and when the Taliban agrees to takeoff."

"The Taliban is basically holding them hostage to get more out of the Americans," a senior congressional source told CBS News.

Do you have proof of the last 100 or so Americans getting out?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone who can not leave a country is a hostage? Is this your claim?

What do you call a group of people sitting on a plane being prevented from taking off by armed persons?

Adventure Tourist?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, really.

Here, let me help you further:
I'd be glad if you can, but I'm pretty sure you can't.

Taliban blocking charter flights from leaving Afghanistan; Blinken says US limited without personnel
McCaul: Taliban holding six planes loaded with Americans, translators

Multiple planes that are ready to take American citizens and green card holders out of the country are being denied permission to leave by the Taliban, congressional and NGO sources told CBS News.​

1. These articles are 2 to 3 weeks old each.
  2. Even if they weren't, they are talking about Charter flights. Commercial flights don't seem to be affected. I can understand not wanting to pay for a commercial flight when the US Government is willing to give you a free chartered flight, but at the same time you are not "stuck" if you have the option of paying for a commercial flight and you only are not taking it because you don't want to pay, or you don't want to leave "just yet", or whatever other reason (which we don't even know the reasons because you have not provided anything that proves they are being held hostage).

Excerpts of an email from the State Department to members of congress viewed by CBS News acknowledged that charter flights are still on the ground at the Mazar-i-Sharif airstrip in northern Afghanistan and have permission to land in Doha "if and when the Taliban agrees to takeoff."

"The Taliban is basically holding them hostage to get more out of the Americans," a senior congressional source told CBS News.
So here again, you don't make your case any clearer. Here again we're talking about a Charter flight, not commercial flights. It's based on the memory of a reporter who viewed an email. It's also based on an unidentified "senior congressional source"'s (whatever that means) opinion that they are being held hostage, but the "source" does not explain why she or he thinks that, so it's their own subjective opinion, no evidence.

So, again, do you have any actual, factual evidence for your claims?

Do you have proof of the last 100 or so Americans getting out?
I don't even have proof that "the last 100 or so Americans" even exist.

You said you would help me out, and I wish you would have, but sadly, again, you haven't.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You said you would help me out, and I wish you would have, but sadly, again, you haven't.

If you do not believe Congress or the Pentagon. Or the number of reports I linked to, than I cannot help you either.

have a good night. Sorry I couldn’t help you.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Been sitting there for a month have they? Guns pointed at their heads I presume?

You have not answered my question. Why can’t you leave the country.
Until you answer that,…

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you do not believe Congress or the Pentagon. Or the number of reports I linked to, than I cannot help you either.

have a good night. Sorry I couldn’t help you.
The reports you linked to don't provide credible sources from Congress or the Pentagon.

Also, the reports you linked to are old.

I agree, you cannot help me, but it's not because I won't believe Congress or the Pentagon, rather because I won't believe outdated reports which are based on speculation from unverified sources claiming to be from Congress and the Pentagon.

I can understand why you want to believe them - you're using 3 week old information to claims like "today is day 34 of Biden leaving hostages in Afghanistan" but the reality is that you have no reliable evidence for those claims, only spurious reports which even if true are 3 weeks old already.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Show me a link saying things have changed in three weeks.

Because if all the Americans have been rescued Joe would be standing on top of the White House blowing his own horn instead of avoiding all the questions.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can't leave my country right now either. Are you claiming I am a hostage?

Rather insensitive comment.
Anything to defend the democrat in the White House--including abandoning Americans to terrorists right after promising not to do so.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Anyone who can not leave a country is a hostage? Is this your claim?

If the reason they can't leave is because the Taliban won't allow them to, then they're a hostage of the Taliban.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,024.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Rather insensitive comment.
  1. Anything to defend the democrat in the White House--including abandoning Americans to terrorists right after promising not to do so.
I believe we have already established I find the Biden administration handling of the situation decidedly sub par. I just don't believe in making up claims of "hostages" is adding to the rightful condemnation they are receiving.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The hyperbole is getting thick. I agree that Biden made a mess of things with his withdrawal but to claim we abandoned these people who we have repeatedly tried to get to leave is a bit much.

Is it really hyperbole to point out the fact that biden said we wouldn't leave Americans behind?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,024.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Is it really hyperbole to point out the fact that biden said we wouldn't leave Americans behind?

If that was the totality of your claim, no. But claiming we abandoned them is a bit far. Just like claiming they are hostages. Are they stranded there and should our government of done better? By all means.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If that was the totality of your claim, no. But claiming we abandoned them is a bit far. Just like claiming they are hostages. Are they stranded there and should our government of done better? By all means.

Our troops were pulled out while American citizens were still there. That either fits with what biden promised, or it doesn't.

Upvote 0