Where in Revelation is a Rapture Mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The list of Bible verses in #82, make it quite clear that God will protect His people on His Day of wrath by fire. Here's another:
Proverbs 3:25-26 Do not be afraid when fools are frightened or when destruction overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side and He will keep you safe.

Anyway, I am a Christian believer, why should my disbelief in a rapture to heaven disqualify me to go there IF that is Gods plan, as you think? You are being judgemental and unchristian to consign me to tribulation because I have differing beliefs to you.

God requires faith. For without faith, it is impossible to please Him. I also cannot imagine those who attacked the Pre-Trib Rapture are going to be taken up by it. Was Peter able to walk on water despite his disbelief?

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can and have proved that the vast multitude of Rev 7:9 are on earth.

Revelation 7:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

No you haven't. Just because people don't want to argue your nonsense doesn't mean people believe your claim.

And you've only convinced yourself as you're the only one who firmly believes God's throne is on earth.

Please post again Revelation 14:1 as your evidence, I love to correct you on that.

Or go ahead and post other verses with Mount Zion in it, you know I'm gonna correct you with it's surrounding verses.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
Here they are:

The "first" resurrection to eternal life

The Lord's

A related token resurrection for demonstration purposes

His pre-tribulation call for the believers of
dead in Christ and those living at the time

His two prophets in Jerusalem

The martyrs of the tribulation believers

The "second" resurrection to the second death of a man's spirit

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It must be the work of the Devil why some think only 144,000 Jews are saved (though Christ said there are no longer Jew or Gentile) and that the great multitude doesn't include NT converted Jews.

Must be the work of the Devil why anyone who have read Revelation and read that John was called up into heaven where God's throne was set and think that it's an earthly event that the great multitude is in heaven in Rev 7, but the 144,000 aren't.

Isn't this just the scheme of things? Must it not be this way for it to be real, resistance?

View attachment 186284

Who said that only 144,000 will be saved.

Your lack of Bible understanding is glaring. You are actually arguing against the Word of God my friend.

Revelation 7:4......
"Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel."

Revelation 7:9.....
"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands".

Clearly then the witness of the 144,000 lead to a great number of people who come to Christ and are saved.

However, for a person to saved during the Tribulation means that they will have to refuse the Mark of the Beast and follow the commandments of God.

Revelation 14:2-4.......
"And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb."

144,000 male, virgin Jews will come to faith in Jesus Christ. There will be 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes of Israel. They will go forth to preach the Gospel resulting in a great revival.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a huge amount of unfulfilled prophecy in the OT. Preterism just doesn't stand up to the facts of the historical record.
We, at nearly 2000 years after Jesus' first Advent, are on the edge of God's wrap up of our civilization. A civilization that is again 'as in the days of Noah', apostate, atheistic, LGBT and godless, overdue for judgement and punishment. God fixed the situation once, He plainly states He will do it again.
We Christians should know about it all, it's all written in the Bible for us to read. Denial and ignoring what the prophets tell us, just leaves you in the dark.

The Jewish nation of Israel, is in the same category as every other nation on earth, it is only the individuals from every tribe, race, nation and language, who truly believe in God and keep the Commandments, who will be saved to live, at last, as God always wanted His people to be. Isaiah 43:10, Isaiah 49:8

Agreed, Preterism is as bad a teaching as is replacement theology.

In fact, the more I think about it, it is clear that it stems from the root of replacement theology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How many resurrections do you know of?

I assume you are asking about future resurrection. The Bible, therefore, speaks of two future resurrections, the resurrection of life and the resurrection of death. The first resurrection is in four parts or phases. The various resurrections that the Bible speaks about are as follows.

1. Jesus Christ
2. The Saved At Rapture Of The Church
3. The Tribulation And Old Testament Saints At His Second Coming
4. The Great White Throne And Millennial Saints

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is a huge amount of unfulfilled prophecy in the OT. Preterism just doesn't stand up to the facts of the historical record.
That is the Preterism that you know. My Preterism is sound.

We, at nearly 2000 years after Jesus' first Advent, are on the edge of God's wrap up of our civilization. A civilization that is again 'as in the days of Noah', apostate, atheistic, LGBT and godless, overdue for judgement and punishment. God fixed the situation once, He plainly states He will do it again.
We Christians should know about it all, it's all written in the Bible for us to read. Denial and ignoring what the prophets tell us, just leaves you in the dark.
There's no 2,000 yrs gap in prophecy, especially since the 1st covenant was established in the 2,648th yr of creation, lasted for half a week (1.260 days/yrs), in a world that's a little older than 6,000 yrs. Think about it.

The Jewish nation of Israel, is in the same category as every other nation on earth, it is only the individuals from every tribe, race, nation and language, who truly believe in God and keep the Commandments, who will be saved to live, at last, as God always wanted His people to be. Isaiah 43:10, Isaiah 49:8
Yet you're claiming Daniel 7:11 is future? Nothing in scripture, especially the OT, isn't unfulfilled except for the "Wheat and Tares" harvest/rapture resurrection of this world, the 3rd and final resurrection. It is the fulfillment of the week and the cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary that proves Christ has already inherited His heavenly kingdom the new Yah-ru-Shalem.
Your interpretation is mostly fiction, TBN movie fiction. Two thousand yrs is not a gap for Christ to have ascended and sitting idly in a 6,000 + year old world. That's no logical.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is the Preterism that you know. My Preterism is sound.

There's no 2,000 yrs gap in prophecy, especially since the 1st covenant was established in the 2,648th yr of creation, lasted for half a week (1.260 days/yrs), in a world that's a little older than 6,000 yrs. Think about it.

Yet you're claiming Daniel 7:11 is future? Nothing in scripture, especially the OT, isn't unfulfilled except for the "Wheat and Tares" harvest/rapture resurrection of this world, the 3rd and final resurrection. It is the fulfillment of the week and the cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary that proves Christ has already inherited His heavenly kingdom the new Yah-ru-Shalem.
Your interpretation is mostly fiction, TBN movie fiction. Two thousand yrs is not a gap for Christ to have ascended and sitting idly in a 6,000 + year old world. That's no logical.

My dear friend. Preterism is one of the if not the most bazar teaching ever articulated by man.

Actually, you as a preterist tie your belief system to a postmillennial vision in which the church becomes the new “Israel” and must bring in the Kingdom on earth in order to prepare the world for the return of Christ. Therefore you are promoting "Replacement Theology" which is the root of the Preterists agenda.

Now do not misunderstand me, I am not trying to be argumentative to you and you are free to believe as you wish to do so. What I am saying to you is that Preterism rests on a faulty hermeneutic and raises serious concerns for sincere students of Scripture.

There are several ramifications of what your agenda is promoting.

1).
Your theology destroys the Literal Meaning of the Bible. Once you start arguing that the language of prophecy cannot be taken literally, you are not that far removed from not taking the rest of the Bible literally either.

2).
It distorts the Promise of the Second Coming. Placing the return of Christ in the past robs the Church of a confident expectation about the future. We are left on earth trying to “make the best of it” without any real hope of divine intervention. It leaves the Church trying to “bring in the Kingdom” without the King.

All one has to do is read the Revelation and anyone can see that the Chrurch is not in charge of anything at all and in fact is not even mentioned after Rev. 4:1.

3).
It diminishes the Hope of the Believer. Your theory of Preterism negates the biblical commands to “watch” and “be ready” for the coming of Christ. It limits those injunctions to the first century believers prior to AD 70. In fact, it limits every biblical command related to the return of Christ. The phrase “until He comes” would have to be limited to AD 70. How can we “build the church” (Matthew 16:18) or “occupy until he comes.” In fact, how do we celebrate the communion service to “show forth the Lord’s death until he comes” (I Corinthians 11:26)? Should we stop celebrating the Lord’s Supper because He already came in AD 70?

4).
It also deprives Israel of Her Future. Preterists insist that God is finished with Israel. Many of them teach that it is actually Jesus who breaks the covenant with Israel in Daniel 9:26-27. In essence, Preterism pits Jesus against Israel and therefore smacks of anti-Semitism.

5).
Lastly, it Denies the Power of Christ. While most preterists would insist they are defending the power of Christ, they are actually denying it. They are trying to “bring in the Kingdom” without the King. And might I add, they are fighting a losing battle! Christianity is under attack like never before. We are not winning the battle for world dominion and we never will.

Now, your argument should not be with me or anyone else responding to your false claims, but you should instead use your time to address those errors that I have just posted for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Rapture is mentioned in Revelation chapter 11, the resurrection of the Two Witnesses who'd been killed and dead for three days. Then a voice from heaven said to them "Come up here." And they went up into heaven.
That is not the rapture, and it is not a rapture. A rapture is to be taken up, not called up. And I know exactly where you're coming from.

The same words were spoken to the apostle John in chapter 4, A door open in heaven, and the voice like the sound of a trumpet (similar to the teaching of the apostle Paul in 1 Thes.4:16 of the resurrection those believers who'd died and the rapture of both the dead raised and those who've remained alive).
You are speculating, putting square pegs in round holes. The two witnesses weren't called up with the voice of a trumpet, right? And 1 Thes 4:16 is speaking about the "Wheat and Tares" resurrection harvest/rapture at the end of "this" world, because there is no "throne" judgement in it. The 2nd resurrection, which is the return described in the Olivet discourse, because that is the death (the 2nd death in the lake of fire) that is being referred to that the witnesses taste after witnessing Christ return, is the "Great White Throne" judgement in Rev 20. These are the facts.

And so John was there at the Throne of God in heaven.
Not tasting death until seeing Christ come into His kingdom was not speaking literally. Jesus gave the discourse before His death, and Christ coming into His kingdom has not yet happened over these 2000 years.
I just explained that and that's also what I explained in the OP, that the death referred to in the Olivet discourse is the 2nd death, which proves the return in the Olivet discourse is the 2nd resurrection, because that is the only place man tastes the real dead.

The only other viable way for any of the disciples to see Christ come into his kingdom, is by a divine vision. Which happened to the apostle John while on the isle of Patmos. The book of Revelation.
The kingdom Christ enters is the new Yah-ru-Shalem, at the 2nd resurrection, when and where that generation tastes death, after seeing Christ coming on the clouds. It's as easy as 1-2-3.

The foretaste of that occurred when Jesus was transfigured, he described the disciples being able to see him that way, was by a divine vision.
The first resurrection, in Revelation 20:4-6, is referring to the resurrection of the Tribulation martyred saints who are raised up to reign with Christ for a thousand years.
The following (2nd) resurrection is referring to the unsaved who after the thousand years, are raised up to go before the Great White Throne Judgment.

(1st resurrection) In Rev.20:4 The souls of those who had been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

To those who come to Him, He will in no wise cast out.

(2nd resurrection) Rev.20:5 The rest of the dead (the unsaved) did not come to life until the thousand years were completed.

To those unsaved Jesus says, "Depart from Me, I never knew you."

Rev.20:6 This (of the saints) is the first resurrection (compared to the eventual resurrection of the unsaved to be judged at the Great White Throne of God); over these (saints) the second death has no power but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

This 'first resurrection' of Rev.20:4-6 is not the only ever to occur, (there have been a few raptures that occurred in the old testament, and the resurrection and rapture of the old testament and gospel saints that occurred immediately after the resurrection of Jesus.
There is the upcoming resurrection and rapture of the current living and dead saints since Jesus resurrection and ascension to heaven. And, the resurrection and rapture of the Two Witnesses in Revelation).
Mat.24:3 His coming refers to the Second Advent.

There is no rapture at that time. (the sequence of the events of the Tribulation in Revelation cannot always be strictly rendered by following the numbered chapters) But, there is the resurrection and rapture of the Two Witnesses before the Second Advent. And, then the resurrection of the dead saints before the thousand years, and the resurrection of the unsaved dead after the thousand years. Rev.20:4-6.

Did your question include these verses?

Mat.24:36-41 is not talking about the rapture. It is talking about the time on earth during the Tribulation.. when the wicked are being/will be taken away.

The example given is the time of the flood of Noah. vs39 says, the flood came and took them all away. The reference here is clearly referring to death.

Then similarly it says in vs40-41 that one will be taken away while another is left. Those that are left are comparable to those safe in the Noah's ark. So what is in view here is those who die in their sins, and those who are have salvation, and are protected by God and remaining alive.

The coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. In those days normal activities occurred while Noah built his ark. During those normal activities vs39 says that there was no understanding among the wicked. That can be compared with 1 Thes.5:2-3 that says that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. There is "peace and safety", then destruction will come suddenly.
I can't answer any more of this Disney nonsense. I'm sure you know better.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The real problem with the "rapture" (and by this word, I don't mean a "catching up" which everyone understands; but as a teaching that "sometime prior to the second coming, multitudes of people will vanish, having been transported to "heaven" in order to escape "something perceived as bad" on the earth) is that it's not actually in the scripture. You can't "see" something into a passage unless it's first actually mentioned in the scripture.

Meaning, before we can cite a scripture like "I will keep you from the hour" and claim "That's the rapture", we have to first actually have a teaching of said rapture in order to conclude 'there it is' Because when a person points at a scripture and says "There is the rapture" the only real question is "What rapture?" and it is that question's answer which is not in the scripture.

If a person cites a scripture and says "There is the second coming" then we don't ask "What second coming?" because that event is clearly taught in scripture. The "rapture" however, doesn't even exist in scripture. It's somewhat like a man citing a scripture and stating "That is the 'promorphrous'" and we would ask "What promorphrous"? And should they say "That is when all of the children in the world will be transformed into butterflies in order to fly to a safe place underground" you would naturally then ask "Where is that taught in scripture?"

Before we can "see" an event in the scripture, it has to first be actually taught by the scripture.

May I say to you that there is an accepted course of teaching which is done in all levels of education even the sciences which is called "Implied Truth".

Your whole premise is that you reject the Rapture because the word is not found in the Bible.

Do you also use that same theology concerning the Trinity. Do you believe in the Trinity?
If you do, then you do it by the process of "Implied Truth" because like the Rapture, the word Trinity is not found in the Scriptures.

"Implied Truth" means that even though the exact word is not found, there is overwhelming evidence provided in the Scriptures that confirms what is not actually there.

To prove this point you just said............."There is the second coming".

John, brace yourself........
”the second coming of Christ” does not appear anywhere in scripture? Nor the phrase “second coming”.

Now all Christians accept the doctrine of the "Second Coming of Christ" BUT the actual words are not found. So......do we throw away the doctrine of the Trinity and the Second Coming just as some would promote we do to the Rapture based on and exact phrase or word????

Some of the phrases construed to denote His "return" that are used in the New Testament books are:
"the coming of the Lord,"
"the day of the Lord,"
"the sign of Thy coming,"
"the day of Christ is at hand,"
"the Son of man coming in the clouds,"

All of these phrases refer to the same event which comes under the teaching of "IMPLIED TRUTH".

To understand what event these phrases refer to, we must go to Scripture, and not to the pre-conceived ideas and teachings of "theological" philosophy and internet website that have an agenda to discredit the Word of God.

You see John, the apostles and Jews of the first century clearly understood what the above phrases meant, because they read it many times in the Old Testament books. These phrases were very common in the Old Testament books.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In other words, call it whatever you like. The Scriptures say,

"....we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air." (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

Amen!

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My dear friend. Preterism is one of the if not the most bazar teaching ever articulated by man.
It can't be more bizarre than those Disney TBN movie interpretations.

Actually, you as a preterist tie your belief system to a postmillennial vision in which the church becomes the new “Israel” and must bring in the Kingdom on earth in order to prepare the world for the return of Christ. Therefore you are promoting "Replacement Theology" which is the root of the Preterists agenda.
That's why I said the Preterism you know. Mine is not the Preterism you know. I read the scriptures, found all the answers, and it is classed as Preterism because, yes, everything was fulfilled in the NT times.

Now do not misunderstand me, I am not trying to be argumentative to you and you are free to believe as you wish to do so. What I am saying to you is that Preterism rests on a faulty hermeneutic and raises serious concerns for sincere students of Scripture.
You could have saved yourself a lot of time and effort if you had comprehend the fact that my Preterism isn't the one recorded as Preterism. When you're addressing Preterism, you're not addressing me. So stop wasting my time.

There are several ramifications of what your agenda is promoting.

1).
Your theology destroys the Literal Meaning of the Bible. Once you start arguing that the language of prophecy cannot be taken literally, you are not that far removed from not taking the rest of the Bible literally either.

2).
It distorts the Promise of the Second Coming. Placing the return of Christ in the past robs the Church of a confident expectation about the future. We are left on earth trying to “make the best of it” without any real hope of divine intervention. It leaves the Church trying to “bring in the Kingdom” without the King.

All one has to do is read the Revelation and anyone can see that the Chrurch is not in charge of anything at all and in fact is not even mentioned after Rev. 4:1.

3).
It diminishes the Hope of the Believer. Your theory of Preterism negates the biblical commands to “watch” and “be ready” for the coming of Christ. It limits those injunctions to the first century believers prior to AD 70. In fact, it limits every biblical command related to the return of Christ. The phrase “until He comes” would have to be limited to AD 70. How can we “build the church” (Matthew 16:18) or “occupy until he comes.” In fact, how do we celebrate the communion service to “show forth the Lord’s death until he comes” (I Corinthians 11:26)? Should we stop celebrating the Lord’s Supper because He already came in AD 70?

4).
It also deprives Israel of Her Future. Preterists insist that God is finished with Israel. Many of them teach that it is actually Jesus who breaks the covenant with Israel in Daniel 9:26-27. In essence, Preterism pits Jesus against Israel and therefore smacks of anti-Semitism.

5).
Lastly, it Denies the Power of Christ. While most preterists would insist they are defending the power of Christ, they are actually denying it. They are trying to “bring in the Kingdom” without the King. And might I add, they are fighting a losing battle! Christianity is under attack like never before. We are not winning the battle for world dominion and we never will.

Now, your argument should not be with me or anyone else responding to your false claims, but you should instead use your time to address those errors that I have just posted for you.
All this is nonsense.
Debate the facts and stop posting foolish accusations. I can prove my Preterism in a court of law, beyond the shadow of a doubt. That's why the Feds and the devils are on my case. I have my senses exercised where I hear and see the movements and sublime sounds of quickened beings (I refuse to call them angels). I have the full interpretation of all of scripture. It's not that the truth is told, it's that it's not accepted. And that is the reality of the world as foretold in the scriptures, evident by my execised senses that witnesses these things, especially thru programmed TV.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But if we want to know precisely when the "catching up" will occur, Paul teaches it clearly:

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

The first thing to notice is that them that "sleep" are brought with Jesus when He comes.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming/parousia of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

The second thing to note is that Christians are "alive and remaining" until the "parousia of the Lord": at which time, the "catching up" occurs, as the Lord descends with them that currently "sleep"

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

There He is, descending with the saints which currently "sleep"

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

There is the "catching up" which occurs at the "parousia of the Lord" when Jesus descends with the saints who currently "sleep"

Now all we have to do is correlate another event that occurs at the "parousia of the Lord": Paul will explain further in his 2nd letter to the Thessalonians

2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming/parousia:

The first thing to note here is the effect of the "parousia" of the Lord: at this parousia, we have already learned from the 1st letter that Jesus descends with the saints who are currently "asleep in Christ", and here we learn that at this same time "that Wicked" is consumed by the spirit of the mouth of Christ, and is destroyed by the brightness of the "parousia" of the Lord.

So what we have is this:

The coming of "that Wicked" with all power and signs and lying wonders. This causes an apostacy from the truth as a "strong delusion" is sent on the world, and they "believe a lie"; after this has run its course, the "parousia of the Lord" occurs, as the Lord descends from heaven with a shout, bringing the saints which currently "sleep" with him in an event that is "bright" and destroys "that Wicked"

So we can look for the coming of the "son of perdition" with all power, in order to deceive the world, causing an apostacy from the faith, and to sit in the temple of God claiming to be God, until the parousia of the Lord occurs, when Jesus descends from heaven with the saints who currently sleep being brought with him, in a bright event that reveals and destroys "that Wicked"

End of the age.

Do you believe that the Church has to be removed BEFORE the Anti-Christ is revealed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I assume you are asking about future resurrection. The Bible, therefore, speaks of two future resurrections, the resurrection of life and the resurrection of death. The first resurrection is in four parts or phases. The various resurrections that the Bible speaks about are as follows.

1. Jesus Christ
2. The Saved At Rapture Of The Church
3. The Tribulation And Old Testament Saints At His Second Coming
4. The Great White Throne And Millennial Saints
Fiction! Adhere to the facts.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi precepts,

Well, if you're looking for the word 'rapture', you won't find that anywhere in the Scriptures. However, the Scriptures do fairly clearly explain that there will be a taking away first of those who belong to Jesus before the wrath of God is released upon the world. In the Revelation, you will find it in chapter 14. The harvest of the earth. First Jesus comes to take those who are his and then the second angel comes to deal with all the rest. To throw them into the wine press of God's wrath.

Now, we don't know how much time might pass on the earth between these two events, but the wrath of God does seem to be released upon the earth. So, it would be logical to think that pretty shortly after Jesus removes his, the wrath of God, the bowl judgments, will be released shortly thereafter.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted
Did you even read my post? You have yet to acknowledge the points I made. It's as if you're purposely being redundant.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Who said that only 144,000 will be saved.

Your lack of Bible understanding is glaring. You are actually arguing against the Word of God my friend.

Revelation 7:4......
"Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel."

Revelation 7:9.....
"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands".

Clearly then the witness of the 144,000 lead to a great number of people who come to Christ and are saved.

However, for a person to saved during the Tribulation means that they will have to refuse the Mark of the Beast and follow the commandments of God.

Revelation 14:2-4.......
"And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb."

144,000 male, virgin Jews will come to faith in Jesus Christ. There will be 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes of Israel. They will go forth to preach the Gospel resulting in a great revival.
That's a good question, who did?

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Aren't you the one who posted the OP asking about the rapture in Revelation?

Someone gave you the correct answer and you're rejecting it. I'm showing you he's correct with evidence, a verse from the bible, but you're rejecting this too.

So are you seeking answers from people or are you looking for someone to scratch thy itchy ears? 2 Timothy 4:3

It's fine, you don't have to answer. Just look at these verses and figure out what it means.

One group was given white robes with palm branches, but they are not bright.

One group was given fine linen, clean and bright but no palm branches.

One group was given just a white robe, not bright and no palm branches.

There's a purpose for everything God does. What do you think it all mean?

Revelation 7:9-10 New King James Version (NKJV)
9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

Revelation 19:7-8 New King James Version (NKJV)
7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

Revelation 6:10-11 New King James Version (NKJV)
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It can't be more bizarre than those Disney TBN movie interpretations.

That's why I said the Preterism you know. Mine is not the Preterism you know. I read the scriptures, found all the answers, and it is classed as Preterism because, yes, everything was fulfilled in the NT times.

You could have saved yourself a lot of time and effort if you had comprehend the fact that my Preterism isn't the one recorded as Preterism. When you're addressing Preterism, you're not addressing me. So stop wasting my time.

All this is nonsense.
Debate the facts and stop posting foolish accusations. I can prove my Preterism in a court of law, beyond the shadow of a doubt. That's why the Feds and the devils are on my case. I have my senses exercised where I hear and see the movements and sublime sounds of quickened beings (I refuse to call them angels). I have the full interpretation of all of scripture. It's not that the truth is told, it's that it's not accepted. And that is the reality of the world as foretold in the scriptures, evident by my execised senses that witnesses these things, especially thru programmed TV.

I guess you did not understand my comment. Any form of Preterism is a false teaching.
Teachings such as preterism are not just a matter of different interpretation. It's way more serious than that, and it is the "spirit" of the AntiChrist at work that tricks and fools people into believing such blasphemous things.

Not only is it dangerous because it's completely false, it's dangerous because it completely denies that Jesus is the Savior who died for us on the Cross for our wretched selves and sins, but it calls Jesus a liar because it voids, nullifies and robs the Church of the blessed Hope that He most assuredly promised to us.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.