Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
....the left has been loudly and repeatedly claiming that white men are the problem with this nation....
There is no truth to this claim.
The left haven't been saying that at all

I know that sounds super racist...but that's what the left believes nowadays. They believe there's something inherently wrong with white men.
Nope, that's not the position of the left.

That's despite the fact that the same left believes people of color desperately want to live in a nation historically run by mostly white men.
This is a twist.
The immigrants don't care the skin colour of the people who historically ran a country.

How do you reconcile that? Are white men inherently bad for a nation? Or have they made objectively the best places to live for basically anyone?
Your premises and thinking is all wrong. You completely misunderstand the position of the left.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't accept this. I don't think there is any truth to it.

What part don't you believe? That this is a "white supremacist nation" or that a very large group of people on the left believe it when they say it?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Idk. I do know from all the ppe classes I've had to pay for over the years that osha wouldn't let me work an employee near a virus with only a surgical mask on. Respirators had to be worn to protect against a virus.

To be fair, OSHA would probably distinguish between and airborne and non-airborne virus, since a respirator is of little use against a non-airborne virus. As an example, a respirator will make no difference in trying to prevent the spread of herpes.

That is the issue here, COVID-19 is not airborne -- but can be spread by water droplets. As such, a respirator tends to be overkill, particularly when social distancing combined with everyone wearing masks, along with enhanced cleaning practices, does a good job of preventing the spread.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Your premises and thinking is all wrong. You completely misunderstand the position of the left.

That is being kind. The other option is that the position the left is being deliberately misrepresented. Whenever I am not sure what someone thinks, I approach them and ask.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There is no truth to this claim.
The left haven't been saying that at all

Nope, that's not the position of the left.

This is a twist.
The immigrants don't care the skin colour of the people who historically ran a country.

Your candidate is saying it...

Biden Calls Racism an Institutional, ‘White Man’s Problem’

Read the article, he lays all blame at the feet of white people. Who else on the left do I need to show saying it to prove it?

You're in full blown denial. It's gonna be hard to have a conversation with someone who just shuts their eyes, plugs their ears, and goes "la la la...I don't hear or see anything".

I've shown you people saying it. I gave you a NYT article claiming that white supremacist should describe basically everything Europeans have done in the US. I've shown you the liberal political candidate blaming white people. Do I need to show you that the left blames virtually all problems on "systemic racism"? What part of this don't you get?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Your candidate is saying it...
He's not my candidate. I'm not from USA and can't vote in the USA election.

Read the article, he lays all blame at the feet of white people. Who else on the left do I need to show saying it to prove it?

I agree with Biden on this. "Racism in America is an institutional “white man’s problem visited on people of color,”
It's a generalisation of course, because non whites can also be racist.
But in USA the main racism problem is that which is put onto people of colour and primarily it is caused by white people. Not all white people and not even most white people. But to improve the situation you do need white people to address it. They need to stop assuming a black in a white neighborhood is a criminal upto no good. They need to stop assuming a black accused of a crime is guilty and needs to be locked up. They need to stop assuming that a white candidate for a job is better than a black candidate for a job. Current whites have a disproportionate amount of hiring power, disproporationate amount of judge positions etc.

There is definitely a problem in USA that needs to be addressed.

I've shown you people saying it.
You twist what people say, and make it mean something that they don't mean.
I challenge you to talk to left wing people and see if they confirm or deny what you are thinking about what their position is.

I gave you a NYT article claiming that white supremacist should describe basically everything Europeans have done in the US.
I couldn't read that article. I don't have an account setup and I don't want to set one up just to read this one article.

I've shown you the liberal political candidate blaming white people.
You misunderstood and misconstrued what he said.

Do I need to show you that the left blames virtually all problems on "systemic racism"? What part of this don't you get?
This position is false.
For example the left don't blame the shambles of the USA coronavirus handling on systemic racism.
They instead blame it on the current USA president.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What part don't you believe? That this is a "white supremacist nation" or that a very large group of people on the left believe it when they say it?
Noone on the left thinks USA is a white supremicist nation.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He's not my candidate. I'm not from USA and can't vote in the USA election.

Sorry stevil... given your posting history ,I thought you were.

I agree with Biden on this. "Racism in America is an institutional “white man’s problem visited on people of color,”
It's a generalisation of course, because non whites can also be racist.
But in USA the main racism problem is that which is put onto people of colour and primarily it is caused by white people. Not all white people and not even most white people.

No offense stevil....but you aren't from here...you don't know anything about it.

In another thread ,another poster linked a report on hate crimes that shows for the last 20 years in LA county the majority of hate crimes perpetrated against blacks were done by Latinos. They were the majority of those crimes for 19 of those years.

To say it's a generalization is really generous....it's wrong. It's flat out false.

There is definitely a problem in USA that needs to be addressed.

Again....you're not from here.

You twist what people say, and make it mean something that they don't mean.

No....I don't.

I couldn't read that article. I don't have an account setup and I don't want to set one up just to read this one article.

I can quote it for you.

For example the left don't blame the shambles of the USA coronavirus handling on systemic racism.

They do...I can link you the thread on this.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Noone on the left thinks USA is a white supremicist nation.

From the article...

As July 4 and its barbecues arrived this year, the activist and former N.F.L. quarterback Colin Kaepernick declared, “We reject your celebration of white supremacy.”

The movie star Mark Ruffalo said in February that Hollywood had been swimming for a century in “a homogeneous culture of white supremacy.”

So when Kaepernick says that the 4th of July is a white supremacist celebration...the celebration of the founding of our nation...what do you think he means? That we're a white supremacist nation? Or something else?

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No offense stevil....but you aren't from here...you don't know anything about it.
There is lots and lots and lots of USA media online.
Lots of online statistics and articles.

In another thread ,another poster linked a report on hate crimes that shows for the last 20 years in LA county the majority of hate crimes perpetrated against blacks were done by Latinos. They were the majority of those crimes for 19 of those years.
This has nothing at all to do with what we are talking about.

They do...I can link you the thread on this.
Sounds like nonsense to me, please provide the link.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
[.QUOTE="Ana the Ist, post: 75452093, member: 302807"]No offense stevil...but you aren't from here...you don't know anything about it.[/QUOTE]

I am a Canadian and I have found from decades of personal experience that am at least as well qualified as a great many Americans and "stevil" is at least as well qualified as me.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So when Kaepernick says that the 4th of July is a white supremacist celebration...the celebration of the founding of our nation...what do you think he means? That we're a white supremacist nation? Or something else?
Not sure.

The nation was founded by the Red Indians who were subsequently then conquered, killed or shuffled off onto small reservations. The new white conquerers of USA went to Africa and captured and enslave blacks for several hundreds of years.

The history of USA is atrocious for non whites.

BUT, USA isn't a white supremacist nation. He was talking about the July 4th celebration "is a white supremacist celebration" he didn't say USA is a white supremacist nation, and this isn't a meme or catchphrase that the left are using.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
[.QUOTE="Ana the Ist, post: 75452093, member: 302807"]No offense stevil...but you aren't from here...you don't know anything about it.

I am a Canadian and I have found from decades of personal experience that am at least as well qualified as a great many Americans and "stevil" is at least as well qualified as me.[/QUOTE]

Would it be acceptable then for me to make assumptions about interpersonal social dynamics in Canada....despite not actually living in Canada or engaging in those interpersonal social dynamics?

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Would it be acceptable then for me to make assumptions about interpersonal social dynamics in Canada....despite not actually living in Canada or engaging in those interpersonal social dynamics?

If you're going to generalise hastily about 'the left', then 'the right' in the US smacktalks other countries plenty. Canada, Scandinavia, the UK...'would it be' is a bit of a misnomer, this already happens plenty, and the right regularly embarrass themselves over it.

To put it simply, the US is influential enough that what happens there tends to have more of an impact on smaller partner states - so there is a greater tendency for people in those states to know what goes on in the US than vice versa. Not always, sure, but there is more reason for those outside the US to pay attention to the US than those inside the US to pay attention to outside of it.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The late Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau said it well "Canada sharing a continent with the USA is a little like a mouse going to bed with an elephant. No matter how well intentioned the elephant, every twitch and fart profoundly affects the mouse."

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I generalized about the left and right....the OP asked for a general explanation.

Mmhm, and by that generalisation, the right already does talk about what goes on in other countries just plenty so......what's your point?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There is lots and lots and lots of USA media online.
Lots of online statistics and articles.

How would you determine someone was motivated by racism from a statistic?

You said white people are calling the police on black people because they've got racist beliefs to the point that it's a big social problem.

What statistic do you think proves that? I'm not asking for an anecdote....I want to know how many times a call to the police is motivated by racism.

This has nothing at all to do with what we are talking about.

We aren't talking about racial crimes? Those are proven racial crimes....crimes we have evidence that they were motivated by racism.

Sounds like nonsense to me, please provide the link.

Covid shows racism by MORE blacks being treated by hospitals

Upvote 0