Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We need common sense media control, so these people are not inspired by other shooters.
Correct or try to do it better and get more people then the last. but the Media is controlled and we live in bias times like no other but common sense might not even be enough at this point I still believe Satan in Controlling our kids today because God was and plainly in front of eyes taking out of everything thus is the main issue at least me.

It would be nice to leave your front door unlocked or car anymore these days like we were able to in the past.

Upvote 0

Jay1971

Always seeking TRUTH
Site Supporter
May 12, 2018
Reading
✟43,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Armed teacher stopped him. Perhaps the idea of allowing teachers to be armed isn't such a bad idea after all.
Well something has to be tried, don't think arming teachers is the trick but an bandaid from the root of the issue to what we are now seeing in schools.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well something has to be tried, don't think arming teachers is the trick but an bandaid from the root of the issue to what we are now seeing in schools.

If there's a way to prevent kids from being bullied, to prevent kids from feeling depressed, to prevent them from thinking shooting people is as fun as it appears to be in the movies and video games, and make them turn to God so that they will feel hope again, then the root issues may be addressed. But as long as secular society exists, then all the causes of hopelessness will exist.

• Agree
Reactions: Jay1971
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We need common sense media control, so these people are not inspired by other shooters.
THANK YOU. Look, I can see reporting a given shooting locally, but when I live in GA I do not need to be hearing about a school shooting in IN. Yes, it is stupid that kids ruin their lives with this stuff, but many people just want attendtion and they do not care if it is for a good or bad reason.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Today we had the 17th school shooting this year, the 4th this month. Yet we still have people on this thread insisting that we don’t need to put restrictions on guns. I wonder how they would feel if it had been their children killed or wounded?

Upvote 0

Lowlander

Dutch94
May 19, 2018
Europe
✟16,736.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Today we had the 17th school shooting this year, the 4th this month. Yet we still have people on this thread insisting that we don’t need to put restrictions on guns. I wonder how they would feel if it had been their children killed or wounded?
We've had many Islamic attacks with vans in Europe. Should we implement some form of van control here? We've also seen many Islamic shootings in Europe, and guns are forbidden here. The school shootings in the US are horrible but banning all guns may not be a good idea. I would plea for a ban on full and semi automatic guns though as most school shootings are committed by semi automatic guns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We've had many Islamic attacks with vans in Europe. Should we implement some form of van control here?

No because the percentage of vehicles used in attacks is much lower than the percentage of guns. Also, to get a license to dive in the US you need to pass a driving test, an eye exam and provide proper documentation. In many cases you can by a gun without any of that.
We've also seen many Islamic shootings in Europe, and guns are forbidden here. The school shootings in the US are horrible but banning all guns may not be a good idea.

But I never suggested banning all guns, I sai we need to place restrictions on them. I would ban certain types of guns like automatic and semiautomatic guns, have longer waiting periods to buy guns, require that people be 21 to own a gun, ban bumpstocks.

I would plea for a ban on full and semi automatic guns though as most school shootings are committed by semi automatic guns.

And we agree!

Reactions: Lowlander
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Same way, for it is not the guns. The people who do this stuff do not give a darn about "regulations". The people who would follow the restrictions are NOT the people shooting the schools up. In fact, living victims of the Texas shooting actually SAID they want their teachers armed after the fact.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Same way, for it is not the guns. The people who do this stuff do not give a darn about "regulations". The people who would follow the restrictions are NOT the people shooting the schools up. In fact, living victims of the Texas shooting actually SAID they want their teachers armed after the fact.
Actually the shooter who killed those girls at an Amish school a couple le years back bought his guns legally. That is true of other shooters as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Actually the shooter who killed those girls at an Amish school a couple le years back bought his guns legally. That is true of other shooters as well.
That was not my point. People who do that sort of stuff will do it one way or another. Also, just because they guns were purchased legally does not always mean that they were used by the person who legally purchased them to commit a crime.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That was not my point. People who do that sort of stuff will do it one way or another. Also, just because they guns were purchased legally does not always mean that they were used by the person who legally purchased them to commit a crime.
And that is why we should ban automatic and semiautomatic guns as well as bumpstocks.

• Agree
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And that is why we should ban automatic and semiautomatic guns as well as bumpstocks.
It still would not work. Number one there are so many of them and there is a black market ( which people WILL turn to ( they always have and always will and number two as PROOF of that recall that the Texas shooter actually used a sewed off shotgun ( which is illegal.)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
--none of which will stop school shootings or even ones that have mass casualties. The shooter in Texas didn't use such weapons, but of course the usual media outlets took care to minimize their coverage of that part of the story.

• Winner
Reactions: dogs4thewin
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
--none of which will stop school shootings or even ones that have mass casualties. The shooter in Texas didn't use such weapons, but of course the usual media outlets took care to minimize their coverage of that part of the story.

THANK YOU
If banning stuff worked we would not have a drug problem )Remember the war on drugs. Alcohol would likely still be illegal ( that did not last twenty years) People would not underage drink or smoke

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but it is even worse than that. Banning automatic weapons, for example, will not stop the school shootings (and elsewhere) at all. Banning and confiscating drugs might, arguably, have reduced their use and sale somewhat. But that doesn't apply to making shooters use a different model, as in the Texas case.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, but it is even worse than that. Banning automatic weapons, for example, will not stop the school shootings (and elsewhere) at all. Banning and confiscating drugs might, arguably, have reduced their use and sale somewhat. But that doesn't apply to making shooters use a different model, as in the Texas case.
The problem with drugs is that not only will people get them one way or another, but depending on the drug people can make it, or either it starts out legal which makes it hard.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It still would not work.

worked before, enough to make a difference
1994 ban
(didn't copy any links, but there are plenty to show there WAS a positive effect)

the illegal argument is poppycock, that people will get them anyway
if they're not made, less around, less to get a hold of

look at smoking, cigarettes aren't even out where people can buy them in machines anymore
they're hiding in cupboards in some stores and smoking has decreased

out of sight, out of mind
and thank you to D I c k s sporting good; believe they made changes

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
worked before, enough to make a difference
1994 ban
(didn't copy any links, but there are plenty to show there WAS a positive effect)

the illegal argument is poppycock
Well, it clearly does not work if it did places with strict gun laws would have less crime. We would not have the drug problems we do. People who mean harm will do it one way or another and people who do not will not.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We would not have the drug problems we do.t.

major drug crisis we have now is due to overprescription of addictive drugs by physicians
even back when I was a teen, one of the women I babysat for had back problems and got addicted on pain killers
she was a Christian

there needs to be alternatives/non addictive meds

Upvote 0