yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, people will break the law no matter what, but the thing is that the people who break the law will not care how hard something is to get and the people who can be trusted with guns can be trusted with just about any gun. This is why I say instead of banning guns ( of any type) why not impose stricter penalties on those who choose to misuse them among with with having more of a mental health focus
Having watched the direction for a few decades,
the so-called 'health progress' has led to greatly increased troubles, more deaths, and more hiding the causes and the truth about so many things - because money controlled agencies, corporations, and methods have been the mechanisms used throughout society and government - i.e. not truly fact based nor health concerns, but money/ profit over all, no matter who is hurt or dies.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If someone is old enough to die for our RIGHT to bear arms and has been trained ( and clearly has already passed strict background checks from the recruiter, to MEPS, to basic training then why should they not be able to trust them with guns when we know they have been trained in the safe use of them.
But under current law people must be 21 to purchase certain types of guns, particularly handguns, already so your argument makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is the other thing with the alcohol example. Actually, the drinking age is a state issue the reason that the drinking age is 21 nation wide is because the federal government said they would pull funding for the roads for states that had a lower drinking age. If a state says well we are wiling to pay higher taxes in order to have a lower drinking age the federal government did not forbid that.
Yes, I'm aware of that. However, the fact is that the drinking age in currently 21 nationwide. Gun laws var, but in some states you must be 21 to buy certain types of guns. Federal law already sets 21 as the minimum age to buy a handgun from a licensed dealer.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
But under current law people must be 21 to purchase certain types of guns, particularly handguns, already so your argument makes no sense.
Just because it is the law does not mean it makes sense. For example, I also believe they either need to lower the drinking age to eighteen or raise the enlistment age to 21.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just because it is the law does not mean it makes sense. For example, I also believe they either need to lower the drinking age to eighteen or raise the enlistment age to 21.
But that is the law as it now stands, so there would be nothing wrong with a nationwide minimum age of 21 to purchase guns.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
But that is the law as it now stands, so there would be nothing wrong with a nationwide minimum age of 21 to purchase guns.
It is still a crazy law. If anything, age either needs to be 18 or 21 for everything ( except of course social security). That means drinking, smoking gambling, military, guns you get the point. Someone either is an adult or they are not. Also, most shooters either got it from the black market ( so again those people do not care or they STOLE it from someone who is of legal age. very few of the shooters actually bought the gun legally most either stole it from say a parent or they got it from the black market which they do not care any now. Also, sometimes people of legal age will buy things for underage people. In fact, actually gave my one year old cousin a gun for his birthday. This is the rural south and the gun will of course be kept out of reach until R is older and can learn gun safety. ( Both his parents have a CCW and his father is in law enforcement so they know gun safety. The point is that something can be purchased legally, and unless the underage person is standing right there there is literally no way to control it once the of age person leaves the store. You can of course hold them liable after the fact if caught, but unless they are standing there you cannot really do anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is still a crazy law. If anything, age either needs to be 18 or 21 for EVERYTHING ( except of course social security). That means drinking, smoking gambling, military, guns you get the point. Someone either is an adult or they are not. Also, most shooters either got it from the black market ( so again those people do not care or they STOLE it from someone who is of legal age. VERY few of the shooters actually bought the gun legally most either stole it from say a parent or they got it from the black market which they do not care any now. Also, sometimes people of legal age will buy things for underage people. In fact, actually gave my one year old cousin a gun for his birthday. This is the rural south and the gun will of course be kept out of reach until R is older and can learn gun safety. ( Both his parents have a CCW and his father is in law enforcement so they know gun safety. The point is that something can be purchased legally, and unless the underage person is standing right there there is literally no way to control it once the of age person leaves the store. You can of course hold them liable after the fact if caught, but unless they are standing there you cannot really do anything.
Do you really want an 18 or 21 year old President?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
OK, but you said that the age should be 18 or 21 for everything except Social Security. Now you are changing that.
I was meaning the normal stuff that people say there an adult, so which is it? For one thing I am not sure someone that young would be good in the world ( respect wise) The brain does not fully develop until twenty-five , so by the logic of the brain is not fully developed I guess 25 should be the age of majority.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was meaning the normal stuff that people say there an adult, so which is it? For one thing I am not sure someone that young would be good in the world ( respect wise) The brain does not fully develop until twenty-five , so by the logic of the brain is not fully developed I guess 25 should be the age of majority.
I think that 21 would be a proper age to purchase guns, but if you want to suggest 25 that is fine.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think that 21 would be a proper age to purchase guns, but if you want to suggest 25 that is fine.
If you wanted to wait until the brain was fully developed 25 it would be that would mean military, voting, guns drinking, smoking a minimum age for ANY poticital office the age parents could cease supporting their kids ( currently set at a MAX of 23 (if you are a full time college student.) I do not think you would want that.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics