Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can actually do quite a bit of damage with a knife and even more with a car ( which is becoming more common now). Again, people who mean harm will cause it one way or another and people who will not can be trusted with almost anything ( except bombs and the like.

I'm sure you can, but nowhere near the amount of damage that a single crazy person armed with an assault rifle at a school can do.
Ringo

• Winner
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sure you can, but nowhere near the amount of damage that a single crazy person armed with an assault rifle at a school can do.
Ringo
A crazy person being the key term. The gun itself rarely does a darn thing. Why not instead of banning the guns from people who CAN handle them we had mental heath programs, safety training and range times for the many who CAN? Along with mandatory prison sentences for those who commit weapons-related crimes? In addition to quit covering those crazy people on any more than a local level?

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A crazy person being the key term. The gun itself rarely does a darn thing.

No, it only flings hunks of lead that cause death when they penetrate the body. Other than that, they don't do anything.

Why not instead of banning the guns from people who CAN handle them we had mental heath programs, safety training and range times for the many who CAN? Along with mandatory prison sentences for those who commit weapons-related crimes? In addition to quit covering those crazy people on any more than a local level?

I'm not in favor of banning anything. I am, however, in favor of universal background checks, closing the gun show loophole, mandatory weapon use education programs, and firearm registry lists.
Ringo

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, it only flings hunks of lead that cause death when they penetrate the body. Other than that, they don't do anything.

I'm not in favor of banning anything. I am, however, in favor of universal background checks, closing the gun show loophole, mandatory weapon use education programs, and firearm registry lists.
Ringo
The gun itself does NOTHING. I could have a loaded gun beside me on this desk, but with VERY few exceptions (There are such things as accidental discharges that could happen to anyone, but with VERY few exceptions that gun will not do a darn thing unless a human acts on it.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The gun itself does NOTHING. I could have a loaded gun beside me on this desk, but with VERY few exceptions (There are such things as accidental discharges that could happen to anyone, but with VERY few exceptions that gun will not do a darn thing unless a human acts on it.

Which is exactly why human use and access to guns should be regulated.
Ringo

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Which is exactly why human use and access to guns should be regulated.
Ringo
Again either a person is or is not going to cause harm if they are we cannot really stop them if they are not then they will not with a rock or a loaded AK-47.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Again either a person is or is not going to cause harm if they are we cannot really stop them if they are not then they will not with a rock or a loaded AK-47.

You just said that a gun doesn't do anything unless a human acts on it, so we should regulate HUMAN access to firearms. Seems like a pretty logical conclusion to me.
Ringo

• Winner
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You just said that a gun doesn't do anything unless a human acts on it, so we should regulate HUMAN access to firearms. Seems like a pretty logical conclusion to me.
Ringo
Yes, but a HUMAN bent on harming someone will find some way to do it do it whether it be a gun, a knife, a car a toothbrush, and pencil I do not care they will find someone to hurt people if they want to badly enough.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but a HUMAN bent on harming someone will find some way to do it do it whether it be a gun, a knife, a car a toothbrush, and pencil I do not care they will find someone to hurt people if they want to badly enough.

That doesn't mean that we have to make it easier for them by allowing them unrestricted access to firearms (which allow them to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time) without checks.
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you honestly believe that a rick can do as much damage as an AK-47? Really?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because sometimes discussions in class can become heated. I don’t want a student shooting someone because he disagrees with them.
If someone is that unstable they do not need a gun. I know plenty of people ( I live in the rural south) that have guns, and I can promise you that those people get angry and in heated arugements at times, and yet none of them have even used their guns in that manner. In fact, in all my nearly 27 years in this county we have had VERY few homicides.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And both of those states have sadly had multiple school shootings.
in secondary school. Only shootings recently on GA college campuses were people who would not have cared and actually did not happen in a classroom or anything ONLY considered a school shooting because it HAPPENED to occur on school grounds, but had NOTHING to do with the school and I believe did not even happen when classes were being held. Only other one recently was a case of suicide by cop in which the student may or may not have had an ACTUAL firearm. Concealed carry on public college campuses has been legal in GA sense July of 17.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you honestly believe that a rick can do as much damage as an AK-47? Really?
that was not my point. My point was that if people want to harm others they will do it no matter what.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If someone is that unstable they do not need a gun. I know plenty of people ( I live in the rural south) that have guns, and I can promise you that those people get angry and in heated arugements at times, and yet none of them have even used their guns in that manner. In fact, in all my nearly 27 years in this county we have had VERY few homicides.
And, again, you can kill many more people with a semiautomatic than you can kill with a rock or a knife.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
in secondary school. Only shootings recently on GA college campuses were people who would not have cared and actually did not happen in a classroom or anything ONLY considered a school shooting because it HAPPENED to occur on school grounds, but had NOTHING to do with the school and I believe did not even happen when classes were being held. Only other one recently was a case of suicide by cop in which the student may or may not have had an ACTUAL firearm. Concealed carry on public college campuses has been legal in GA sense July of 17.

Why do you keep shouting? It is very rude.

If these weapons were not available, only those who had obtained weapons illegally would be shooting. In time the number of such weapons would decrease making it more difficult to obtain them.

You still have offered no evidence as to why banning automatic and semiautomatic weapons shouldn’t be tried, why the age to buy a gun shouldn’t be 21, why bumpstocks shouldn’t be illegal.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
that was not my point. My point was that if people want to harm others they will do it no matter what.
And again, you cannot do the same damage with a rock that you can do with N AK-47. If you have proof to the contrary please offer it.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why do you keep shouting? It is very rude.

If these weapons were not available, only those who had obtained weapons illegally would be shooting. In time the number of such weapons would decrease making it more difficult to obtain them.
There are too many weapons for that work. As for 21 age to purchase may be fine on the condition that the age to enlist in the military is 21. What sense does it make to say you can die for country and if you are a male you can be drafted, but you cannot buy guns, yet they give you guns and shock train you how to use them in the service.
You still have offered no evidence as to why banning automatic and semiautomatic weapons shouldn’t be tried, why the age to buy a gun shouldn’t be 21, why bumpstocks shouldn’t be illegal.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And, again, you can kill many more people with a semiautomatic than you can kill with a rock or a knife.
but, if you are talking about those types of homicides the person is usually only killing a few people at a time.

Upvote 0