HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not gonna be debating God and his role in the evil of this world or whatever. What I am going to say is something that needs to be said.

We've had yet another school shooting this morning in Texas. We've had yet another wicked, truly evil person walk in freely and murder eight students. If that does not outrage you, you are not human and have no pulse.

The last thing we need to offer are just "thoughts and prayers." Thoughts and prayers are not enough anymore. God hates gun violence. Period. And so should we.

How many school shootings is it going to take for the church to wake up to the fact that there are truly evil people in this world? That Satan has made it clear he is not going to play fair? Does it have to go so far as to seeing their own children murdered? I'm all for the second amendment, but is it worth defending at the cost of these kids lives?

Bottomline, this is all outrageous and disgusting. All of us, liberals, conservatives, Christians, Atheists, whatever! We all need to start sending demands our police and politicians and gun manufacturers, "DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!"

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not gonna be debating God and his role in the evil of this world or whatever. What I am going to say is something that needs to be said.

We've had yet another school shooting this morning in Texas. We've had yet another wicked, truly evil person walk in freely and murder eight students. If that does not outrage you, you are not human and have no pulse.

The last thing we need to offer are just "thoughts and prayers." Thoughts and prayers are not enough anymore. God hates gun violence. Period. And so should we.

How many school shootings is it going to take for the church to wake up to the fact that there are truly evil people in this world? That Satan has made it clear he is not going to play fair? Does it have to go so far as to seeing their own children murdered? I'm all for the second amendment, but is it worth defending at the cost of these kids lives?

Bottomline, this is all outrageous and disgusting. All of us, liberals, conservatives, Christians, Atheists, whatever! We all need to start sending demands our police and politicians and gun manufacturers, "DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!"
..do you believe that the solution is to leave all the guns exclusively in the hands of those who hold them illegally? because this kind of emotional response won't help the possible future victims whom you wish to help.

Upvote 0

HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
..do you believe that the solution is to leave all the guns exclusively in the hands of those who hold them illegally? because this kind of emotional response won't help the possible future victims whom you wish to help.

I don't know what the solution is. Seriously. I don't give jack about politics. But I do care about how Christians now tend to idolize guns. For every 100 people, there are 88 guns within the United States. (Mccarthy, Beckett, & Glenza, 2017) It is estimated there are about 265 million guns in U.S. citizen hands. These numbers might seem outlandish, but this is largely because roughly half of these guns are owned by a mere 3 percent of the population.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Kid used a sawed off shotgun, which is already illegal. Same school had a school shooting threat called in to police a couple of months ago, supposedly regarding this same kid. What exactly are you wanting?

Upvote 0

HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The solutions isn't to make the good guys suffer. Arm the teachers with guns and turn schools from being "soft targets"

We bear some responsibility for our own communities. We bear responsibility for our communities that prioritize security and safety above all else; that are ruled by fear; and that idolize gun ownership to the point of refusing any discussion of policy solutions to material realities.

We’ve lost a sense of what “godly sorrow” really looks like. In the internet age, there’s certainly a need to remember the time-consuming value of lament. But evangelicals have worked ourselves into a posture toward tragic events like mass shootings that only permits us to offer either “thoughts and prayers” or simple political platitudes — and in the process, we undermine the grave reality of the issues at hand.

Upvote 0

HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God hates gun violence? Not necessarily. God hates unjustified violence. That can mean with guns and just about with anything else.

Except guns kill faster than arrows and swords and knives.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
It is estimated there are about 265 million guns in U.S. citizen hands. Praise God!! Now add up the illegal ones, the ones that will kill you and your family when the Citizen loses His rights to protect himself

Upvote 0

HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is estimated there are about 265 million guns in U.S. citizen hands. Praise God!! Now add up the illegal ones, the ones that will kill you and your family when the Citizen loses His rights to protect himself

Do you hear yourself? Or are you simply closing your ears to the fact that these parents are mourning the loss of their children, parents who could not be there to protect them?

• Winner
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you hear yourself? Or are you simply closing your ears to the fact that these parents are mourning the loss of their children, parents who could not be there to protect them?

This is why I don't call myself a Christian anymore. I still have faith, but I refuse to associate myself with people who prioritize the second amendment over the lives of children.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes I hear myself and my heart goes out to them. But you don't spank the good guys because some nut job took advantage.

Upvote 0

HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes I hear myself and my heart goes out to them. But you don't spank the good guys because some nut job took advantage.

How are all these nut jobs (or rather people with evil hearts) able to get these guns? Are they just lying around waiting to be picked up? Just upholding the second amendment is not going to make these shootings go away. I agree, we need better law enforcement and mental health facilities. But we also need to keep out of these people's hands weapons that can be easily converted into semi-automatics.

Guns are never more important than people.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
This is why I don't call myself a Christian anymore. I still have faith, but I refuse to associate myself with people who prioritize the second amendment over the lives of children.
Sorry that you feel that way and christians prioritize God, however when some drugged out crazy guy has a gun in your face and is threatening your dear family, you will understand what I am saying.

Upvote 0

HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are clearly Christian traditions that tend to suppress the tragic. There might be several reasons. Can they not adequately address it? Are they making an ill-advised attempt to defend God or to apologize on his behalf? I’m not sure.

The proper thing to do, I believe, is to face tragedy squarely, see it for what it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry that you feel that way and christians prioritize God, however when some drugged out crazy guy has a gun in your face and is threatening your dear family, you will understand what I am saying.

What if there wasn't a gun nearby?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Pray frequently (without ceasing). Let all your requests be made known to God....
Philippians 4 English Standard Version (ESV)

4 Therefore, my brothers,[a] whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved.
( Exhortation, Encouragement, and Prayer )
... ... ... the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness[d] be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;

6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned[e] and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

How many school shootings is it going to take for the church to wake up to the fact that there are truly evil people in this world? That Satan has made it clear he is not going to play fair? Does it have to go so far as to seeing their own children murdered?
What is written? (about evil people in the world ?)
Answer: All society is evil/ pernicious.
'their own children murdered' : "For LACK OF (Experiential KNOWLEDGE,
MY PEOPLE PERISH"
"We all like sheep are slaughtered all day long"

Did that ever work ?
I don't know what the solution is. Seriously. I don't give jack about politics.
The solution is found only in God's Word and God's Plan. The world hates Him,
so it won't be done soon, not until Jesus Returns, except in a few places where there is enough belief to make a difference - and even this is no guarantee.

The solutions isn't to make the good guys suffer. Arm the teachers with guns and turn schools from being "soft targets"
Has this method worked before ?
I think it has, in part .

Maybe some other problems come up then, but it's one or the other ....

Upvote 0

HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Pray frequently (without ceasing). Let all your requests be made known to God....
Philippians 4 English Standard Version (ESV)

4 Therefore, my brothers,[a] whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved.
( Exhortation, Encouragement, and Prayer )
... ... ... the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness[d] be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;

6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned[e] and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

What is written? (about evil people in the world ?)
Answer: All society is evil/ pernicious.
'their own children murdered' : "For LACK OF (Experiential KNOWLEDGE,
MY PEOPLE PERISH"
"We all like sheep are slaughtered all day long"

Did that ever work ?

The solution is found only in God's Word and God's Plan. The world hates Him,
so it won't be done soon, not until Jesus Returns, except in a few places where there is enough belief to make a difference - and even this is no guarantee.

Has this method worked before ?
I think it has, in part .

Maybe some other problems come up then, but it's one or the other ....

So we're just supposed to let the world go up in flames and let people die because, "That's okay! Jesus will come back and fix everything!" Disgusting.

Upvote 0

HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The eschatology of many evangelicals has become so defined by the belief that the world is “only befitting judgement and destruction” that we are “simply waiting for the destruction of this world and the institution of the next.”

At a recent women’s conference, a popular speaker repeated one phrase over and over again: “The world is cray-cray; focus on Jesus!” The phrase punctuated various vague references to different cultural and political events, and was often paired with a question: “Why are we surprised?” The message was clear: the world is sinful, it’s getting worse, why are we so concerned with it? The woman giving the message had devoted her life to various efforts at fighting the material conditions of evil in the world; she had every reason to defend Christians engaging with social and political issues. But the narrative is strong and seeps into our thinking without us even noticing.

It’s also an appealing narrative, particularly in this political and cultural moment. In a time of political tension, when “evangelicals” (whatever that means) are deeply divided over political and social issues, it’s tempting to avoid controversy altogether by declaring all of those issues comparatively unimportant. It can even feel like a holier response that calls us to deeper reflection about the evil in the world and reminds us of the need for evangelism and discipleship.

But this response is rarely our universal one. We cherry pick the issues that deserve our political or social attention while declaring others to be only spiritual issues of sin and repentance. The same speaker who shouted about how irredeemably “cray-cray” the world is also bemoaned gay marriage and legal abortion. We’re either dishonest about our standards for political engagement or we don’t really have any.

Reactions: dude99
Upvote 0