What's on your mind?

TenthAveN

Puppies are an acceptable form of currency.
Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Spades....I think I've played that & that's like Hearts & Eucher too.....

I played Poker once. Came in 2nd, tho I only half knew what I was doing. :confused:

Oh yes, UNO is a must. Phase 10 & Skip-Bo too.
We played Skip-Bo a couple of times, dad won both somehow. I played many 1-on-1 games of Phase 10 with my mom. My family is certainly one that likes UNO.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm surprised you don't know Bridge. I should ask my grandma to teach me. She knows it.

I was busy doing other things. You should learn. I’ve heard its fun!

No idea. I've also thought of piano. I figured since I can type, piano would just be the next level.

What instrument resonates when you hear classical or jazz? That may give you insight.

Cool.:cool:
clip_image001.png
Do you golf?

Yes. That’s the one activity I want to share with my partner along with horses.

Miss a lot of what?

If you attend a live golf tournament you miss a lot of play. You sit at the hole and watch the groups come through or follow your favorite. You see more on television.

I don't think I ever saw hockey in-person till I was in high school, tho I loved it growing up. My family used to have a horse, so they like horse racing, tho I never got into it.

I’ve wanted a horse since childhood. It perplexed my parents. They didn’t understand my fascination. Having a pair will do.

My father loved horse racing. I got into it by watching The Derby. One time was all it took. I saw The Preakness and Belmont Stakes and never looked back. I’ve wanted to get into polo. It looks interesting and a little dangerous.

Maybe I should learn to ride? I was too young when we had it, but that could be fun.

Yes! Then you can visit a dude ranch. :D

That makes sense. I bet he goes on lots of dates. He's content w/ that, partly b/c he has faith the one (you) will come.

Perhaps. :)

Sometimes it seems like I’m giving up a lot to have a believer. My life doesn’t revolve around church, end times, and so on. Many are focused on tomorrow and they’ve forgotten how to enjoy their lives.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

TenthAveN

Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My family enjoys UNO too! We've had games go on for several hours before... :confused:
It was kinda like that for my family, except I don’t think it took nearly that long. Now we play by the actual rules. We used to stack draws 2’s and draw 4’s, and we would draw until we could play something.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟161,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
It was kinda like that for my family, except I don’t think it took nearly that long. Now we play by the actual rules. We used to stack draws 2’s and draw 4’s, and we would draw until we could play something.
Wow, that sounds similar to what we do! We've always drawn until we could play something. Makes the game more challenging but then...it takes longer. And you might end up with so many cards that they look like a book. :p

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

TenthAveN

Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Wow, that sounds similar to what we do! We've always drawn until we could play something. Makes the game more challenging but then...it takes longer. And you might end up with so many cards that they look like a book. :p
One family gathering that I wasn’t attending, one of my cousin’s friends was on the receiving end of a draw 4 chain. It gets pretty competitive.

• Informative
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Such a good song I heard on the radio coming home from work by Jordan Feliz, next to me. The lyrics resonate with me.

I've been empty
When I'm low, you fill the cup, yeah
But my ego fights back telling me that
I'm ready to grab the wheel and take control
But I'll crash if I don't let myself let go
You put the "X" on my faded map
Draw me a line back to where you're at
Patient when I try to move too fast
I get this feeling
I get this feeling
I get this feeling in my spirit when I'm low
I hear it calling like a compass to my soul
Saying, child, come on back now
You've been gone too long
Let me lead you back where you belong
Right next to me (me, me-me, me)
I've been captive by the plans I tried to make, yeah
I've been selfish
'Cause callous heart they die hard like habits
That I know I gotta break
Ain't it good to know that help is on the way? (Help is on the way)
You put the "X"on my faded map
I get this feeling
I get this feeling
Right next to me, oh, oh-oh
You know I tried to do it on my own (on my own)
Oh, oh-oh
You say it's time for me to come back home
You've been gone too long (back where you belong now)
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Nolan Sipe / Nick Radovanovic / Jordan Feliz
Next To Me lyrics © Sony/atv Tunes Llc, Margetts Road Music, Nolan W. Sipe Music

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ugh, I really, really need to go to the gym but twas a blizzard last night & this morning. Really, really need to go after work today!!

@DragonFox91

Since this came up in another thread I thought I’d ask. :D

Pics and posts on social media with a significant other?

I limit media to a spouse or fiancé. I hope he’s photogenic. :tutu:
Yes, of course :) Why not?

Spicy UNO, now there’s a game that challenges your reflexes.
Ugh, I'm horrible at that. :confused:

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was busy doing other things. You should learn. I’ve heard its fun!
Okay!
clip_image001.png
:D

What instrument resonates when you hear classical or jazz? That may give you insight.
Hmm......

I've been listening to violin a lot lately. When lockdowns are over, maybe I can take some lessons?

Yes. That’s the one activity I want to share with my partner along with horses.

If you attend a live golf tournament you miss a lot of play. You sit at the hole and watch the groups come through or follow your favorite. You see more on television.
I love watching sports, but golf is basically the only one I don't watch that I play.
clip_image001.png

I'd love to join a league, but I don't think I'm quite good enough yet. I want to get just a bit more consistent first.

I’ve wanted a horse since childhood. It perplexed my parents. They didn’t understand my fascination. Having a pair will do.

My father loved horse racing. I got into it by watching The Derby. One time was all it took. I saw The Preakness and Belmont Stakes and never looked back. I’ve wanted to get into polo. It looks interesting and a little dangerous.

Yes! Then you can visit a dude ranch.
clip_image001.png
A dude ranch? What's that?

Then I can be a cowboy. :) I want to ride down trails. That's what my dad did. My sister participated in horse shows. My dad always thought she'd get one as an adult, but she never did, or hasn't yet. Maybe in a twist, I'll be the one to.
clip_image001.png
:hushed:

No, he is.

Sometimes it seems like I’m giving up a lot to have a believer. My life doesn’t revolve around church, end times, and so on. Many are focused on tomorrow and they’ve forgotten how to enjoy their lives.
I went to a very secular college. Culture in general is very secular. If I wasn't a believer, I'm not gonna say it'd be easier, but there'd be a tad more options. At least we know what we're looking for, so that's good, or I at least have an idea of what I think I'm looking for, & you're more confident in what you're looking for.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ugh, I really, really need to go to the gym but twas a blizzard last night & this morning. Really, really need to go after work today!!

Have you considered an indoor bike for bad weather days?

Yes, of course :) Why not?

Some like it. Some don’t.

Are you sure you’re shy? :D

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Have you considered an indoor bike for bad weather days?
I like doing weights at gym. Cardio, I don't do at gym. I like doing that outside. It's something to enjoy outside. On trails. Biking & running. If bad weather, I'll just wait for that to be over. Lucky we've had a warm winter.

I was annoyed at the blizzard b/c not sure how safe the roads were. Usually driving in bad weather doesn't bother me, but this snowfall looked particularly nasty

Some like it. Some don’t.

Are you sure you’re shy? :D
I'm not as shy as I used to be. :sweatsmile:

I'd like to post a pic on here sometime, as a profile pic. Haven't felt 'compelled' to, I guess, yet, tho. But I was looking on the profile page to see if you can post pictures to an album, but I didn't see any.

I have my picture everywhere else I frequent online.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Such a good song I heard on the radio coming home from work by Jordan Feliz, next to me. The lyrics resonate with me.

I've been empty
When I'm low, you fill the cup, yeah
But my ego fights back telling me that
I'm ready to grab the wheel and take control
But I'll crash if I don't let myself let go
You put the "X" on my faded map
I get this feeling
I get this feeling
I've been captive by the plans I tried to make, yeah
I've been selfish
'Cause callous heart they die hard like habits
That I know I gotta break
Ain't it good to know that help is on the way? (Help is on the way)
You put the "X"on my faded map
I get this feeling
I get this feeling
Right next to me, oh, oh-oh
You know I tried to do it on my own (on my own)
Oh, oh-oh
You say it's time for me to come back home
You've been gone too long (back where you belong now)
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Nolan Sipe / Nick Radovanovic / Jordan Feliz
Next To Me lyrics © Sony/atv Tunes Llc, Margetts Road Music, Nolan W. Sipe Music
Sampa how u been?:D

How's God been working in your life, lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’ve been listening to violin a lot lately. When lockdowns are over, maybe I can take some lessons?

Good idea. The violin is soothing. The Suzuki method is easy. They have schools in most places.

I love watching sports, but golf is basically the only one I don't watch that I play.

I grew up watching my dad and grandfather. I saw Jack, Arnold, and Tiger in his early days.

I'd love to join a league, but I don't think I'm quite good enough yet. I want to get just a bit more consistent first.

There are leagues for every level and you’ll progress swiftly. I think you should try it.

A dude ranch? What's that?

A cowboy getaway.

Then I can be a cowboy. :) I want to ride down trails. That's what my dad did. My sister participated in horse shows. My dad always thought she'd get one as an adult, but she never did, or hasn't yet. Maybe in a twist, I'll be the one to.
clip_image001.png
:hushed:

Maybe its in your blood. ;)

Sweet! What did she do? They’re a lot of work. You need to board them or hire someone to look after them if you can’t. Mucking out stalls is meant to be delegated! :p

I went to a very secular college. Culture in general is very secular. If I wasn't a believer, I'm not gonna say it'd be easier, but there'd be a tad more options.

So did I. My parents didn’t segregate us. I didn’t go to bible study, vacation bible school, or youth groups. I grew up around people with different beliefs. It made me adaptable and able to navigate different settings.

If I wasn’t a believer I’d be settled now. No doubt.

At least we know what we're looking for, so that's good, or I at least have an idea of what I think I'm looking for, & you're more confident in what you're looking for.

True. But I’m looking for more than agape. I don’t need to marry to have that. There must be eros too. Love and romance are important and I don’t agree with the notion that it fades over time. Maybe it isn’t a priority for some or they didn’t connect with a partner who desires the same.

But we’ve gotta be head over heels and committed to stoking the flame throughout the union.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I like doing weights at gym. Cardio, I don't do at gym. I like doing that outside. It's something to enjoy outside. On trails. Biking & running. If bad weather, I'll just wait for that to be over. Lucky we've had a warm winter.

You run too? Nice. Walking was ruining my feet so I switched to cycling. Plus it cut down my time outside.

I was annoyed at the blizzard b/c not sure how safe the roads were. Usually driving in bad weather doesn't bother me, but this snowfall looked particularly nasty

We haven’t had snow like this in ages. I don’t miss it! Driving in bad weather is difficult. So I’ve heard.

I'm not as shy as I used to be. :sweatsmile:

It comes through your writing. You seem likable and laid back. I don’t get a nerdy or geeky vibe either.

I'd like to post a pic on here sometime, as a profile pic. Haven't felt 'compelled' to, I guess, yet, tho. But I was looking on the profile page to see if you can post pictures to an album, but I didn't see any.

Do it when you’re ready. You can create an album and share the contents publicly or privately.

I have my picture everywhere else I frequent online.

I do in some places. Mainly work related. Sometimes I prefer anonymity to test ideas or get a read on certain subjects.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You run too? Nice. Walking was ruining my feet so I switched to cycling. Plus it cut down my time outside.
Not as much as I used to. I used to run a lot more than I do now. All thru-out high school & college. But I didn't exercise other parts of my body, so I've lessened the running a lot, & focus on the rest. I'm bad, I don't run as much as the experts advise, but the rest was neglected for so long.

We haven’t had snow like this in ages. I don’t miss it! Driving in bad weather is difficult. So I’ve heard.
I'm confused. I thought you were on East Coast? They get snow there! Maybe you're in NC or SC?

It comes through your writing. You seem likable and laid back. I don’t get a nerdy or geeky vibe either.
Aww, thank you. That's very nice.:relaxed:

It helps people on here are easy to talk to. Thanks, all. :D

I've had lots of time to become more well-rounded & that's really helped. Maturing, too, like just getting older & getting more experiences.

Do it when you’re ready. You can create an album and share the contents publicly or privately.
There's really no reason I can't put it in album right now. :flushed: The profile pic, probably not ready yet.

I do in some places. Mainly work related. Sometimes I prefer anonymity to test ideas or get a read on certain subjects.

Good idea. The violin is soothing. The Suzuki method is easy. They have schools in most places.

I grew up watching my dad and grandfather. I saw Jack, Arnold, and Tiger in his early days.

There are leagues for every level and you’ll progress swiftly. I think you should try it.
I've been golfing a long time. I seem to be stuck at the level I'm at. I go w/ my brother. We try to go once a week during the summer. I'll see if he's interested in joining a league. He's at the same level I'm at. I tell him I'd like to join a league but want to get more consistent.

A cowboy getaway.
I want to be a cowboy! :weary:
I don't hunt & fish tho. & I don't really want to.

Maybe its in your blood. ;)
It is. I know it is. It's just sitting dormant or isn't very strong in me like my sister, parents, their parents, their parents parents.

Sweet! What did she do? They’re a lot of work. You need to board them or hire someone to look after them if you can’t. Mucking out stalls is meant to be delegated! :p
That, & I don't think I could have a horse in my backyard! :flushed:

I'm not sure what she did! She showed them, rode them. So that. Whatever that entailed. My family boarded a horse. It was my dad's. He rode it all over town before it was a town. He was a cowboy!

So did I. My parents didn’t segregate us. I didn’t go to bible study, vacation bible school, or youth groups. I grew up around people with different beliefs. It made me adaptable and able to navigate different settings.
That's what going to a secular college did to me. I had wanted to go to a Christian college. There are a few in my city. But I guess God had other plans for me.

If I wasn’t a believer I’d be settled now. No doubt.
I know you would.

True. But I’m looking for more than agape. I don’t need to marry to have that. There must be eros too. Love and romance are important and I don’t agree with the notion that it fades over time. Maybe it isn’t a priority for some or they didn’t connect with a partner who desires the same.

But we’ve gotta be head over heels and committed to stoking the flame throughout the union.
:)

Upvote 0

TenthAveN

Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0