Delaware
✟108,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I attended a prominent school and that isn’t the case. Most situations are handled by campus security. Correction is handled in house as well. Many incidents are never reported.

This is done to minimize reputational damage and legal recourse. You aren’t safer in those environments and oftentimes its worse depending on the other parties. The term is commonly called reputational risk. Policies and procedures are drafted with it in mind (and other risk factors) to lessen liability.

We had a lot of things covered up. Including an infamous drunk driving incident that yielded fatalities and a pile up on the expressway. The perpetuator was underaged and acquired the alcohol through a campus bar. They were forced to close it because of this but that didn’t prevent further occurrences.

Like the frat party which ended when someone leapt from a third floor balcony to the next and missed. I’m uncertain if inebriation made him think he was Spiderman. But he landed on the ground. Another tried a similar feat and fell off the roof.

Alcohol is a familiar culprit in most incidents as is misplaced trust. We believe we’re safe while living with strangers and should keep that in mind. There’s a well-known case from Dartmouth and another from Stanford you can reference for more insight.

The cases I’ve read were usually handled poorly and silence was enforced. Correction was typically a slap on the wrist or a term or two away. Once upon a time they didn’t inform the police at all and the infraction was sealed. Rendering it difficult to establish behavior patterns for repeat offenders.

Thank you so much for your reply! I am happy to hear that there are people out there receiving the justice they deserve after being hurt!! I pray this occurs more often in abuse cases, so that we can all heal together and truly become survivors!

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just finished my assessment for strength training. It seemed to go well. And I'm not as bad as I thought I was with my balance. I will discuss with my podiatrist if certain ranges of motion is okay for my foot. Four sessions for $40 is a pretty good price. It's a 40 minute drive to get to this YMCA for strength training sessions but I think it's going to be well worth it. At least some structure for the next 3 months. Since I'm a little ways from home I decided to find some coffee and tried a new coffee house. The town is decorated in human-like scarecrows along the streets. It's pretty interesting and cool. They are advertising different businesses.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Working hard for nothing; sometimes I wonder what's the point?!
There is a purpose. Sometimes we can't see it in all of our busyness...pause..pray and ask God and the doors (His vision) will begin to unfold.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dreading another work week.

Had to work this Saturday... still voluntary... considering I was one of the few who bothered to show up... I feel more confident rejecting the offer next week if it comes up. Although as someone with social anxiety... I feel so much better when almost no one else is around. Honestly... being surrounded by people is just torture for me.

Oh well... going to enjoy the rest of my Sunday evening the best I can. Currently watching the Nostalgia Critic. Haven't watched him in a while. Somewhat surprised he still seems to have a following... although much less views now.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Growing up I was painfully shy... although without realizing it... I'm not really shy anymore. I'm not afraid to talk to anybody... but being surrounded by a certain threshold of people still makes me very uneasy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodDoesListen55

“A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ
Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟108,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a purpose. Sometimes we can't see it in all of our busyness...pause..pray and ask God and the doors (His vision) will begin to unfold.

Thank you so much! That's just what I needed to hear!! God bless you, my friend! :hug:

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Was off today (sorta), and fam decided to go full drama, and tomorrow starts another six day work-week, and our 3 person crew is now just one associate and I until like next Tuesday xD
Oh and I was finally able to see my new pay-rate for obtaining another level of certification. And it's not what I thought it would be-- it's way less.

It's still a healthy raise, so I'm trying not to complain, but at the same time, it isn't right that I take on all this extra stress and responsibility to be a manager, and make less than my Licensed Associate. Why should I take all that on, when I can step down and make more money to have less expectations and responsibilities?

Walmart apparently has some weird promotion structure, where if you get your license and then become a manager after, you get way more of a raise, but if you're already a manager, and then obtain your license, it's a small raise. Like, it's the same job, I should get the same raise. Why should I be punished for stepping up sooner in my career than my peers?

So I told my market director no. It must be wrong. He is kicking it up tonthe compensation team, so he says. We'll see what happens with that.

• Prayers
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Was off today (sorta), and fam decided to go full drama, and tomorrow starts another six day work-week, and our 3 person crew is now just one associate and I until like next Tuesday xD
Oh and I was finally able to see my new pay-rate for obtaining another level of certification. And it's not what I thought it would be-- it's way less.

It's still a healthy raise, so I'm trying not to complain, but at the same time, it isn't right that I take on all this extra stress and responsibility to be a manager, and make less than my Licensed Associate. Why should I take all that on, when I can step down and make more money to have less expectations and responsibilities?

Walmart apparently has some weird promotion structure, where if you get your license and then become a manager after, you get way more of a raise, but if you're already a manager, and then obtain your license, it's a small raise. Like, it's the same job, I should get the same raise. Why should I be punished for stepping up sooner in my career than my peers?

So I told my market director no. It must be wrong. He is kicking it up tonthe compensation team, so he says. We'll see what happens with that.
Praying for all of this situation, your wisdom and peace for the next steps.

Reactions: mojoboy31
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What a busy morning. All of my colleagues are out for various reasons. My other job hasn't started yet, but I expect to hear from them today. Last I heard, they were sorting out financial details with one of our collaborators.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm tired of being single :(
I am sad today. It's not fair.
A lot of people can at least meet singles so easy. I can't even do that.
I can't even meet singles. How will I ever find one I like & am compatible w/ & they like me too?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't even meet singles. How will I ever find one I like & am compatible w/ & they like me too?
I've read an article on singles and stress. The most important thing that I got out of the article was that your health is dependent on the relationships around you. Those that have healthy supportive relationships had a better prospect for living more years. I think it was 10 to 15 years less for those who were not in healthy relationships. I think it's important now to establish those because that soul relationship is not going to give you everything. You are going to need support around you outside. Everything cannot come from that sole relationship. Of course Christ is the most important relationship that you need to continue development and fostering, but we need those physical friendships that are supportive outside the marriage. I don't know that it's best to wait till after to start that. Just some thoughts. I continue to think about that into retirement and how I will need that supportive Network, no matter the circumstances or outcome of a long-term prospect.
And if it helps, you never know if any of those friendships have another friend that could be the perfect fit for you.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Got to text this morning for my friend whose father is co-president of the gardens, she said that there was 1,100 kids that went through yesterday for the Halloween festival. Our Harry Potter table won third place. We are planning to do Harry Potter again next year. I was so unprepared for the questions that I got since I don't have enough familiarity. But one kid said that that was his dream place when he came up on our table. My friends and Mom, I said even if I am running the marathon that time next year that they will still continue the table and volunteer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

Things as they are, no mortal has ever seen, though the words be familiar as household words, and perpetually on the tips of men. We cannot see things as they are, for we are compelled by a necessity of nature to see things as we are. We never can get rid of ourselves.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Got to text this morning for my friend whose father is co-president of the gardens, she said that there was 1,100 kids that went through yesterday for the Halloween festival. Our Harry Potter table one third place. We are planning to do Harry Potter again next year. I was so unprepared for the questions that I got since I don't have enough familiarity. But one kid said that that was his dream place when he came up on our table. My friends and Mom, I said even if I am running the marathon that time next year that they will still continue the table and volunteer.
Crazy Harry Potter still popular w/ kids, considering how a new book hasn't come out in 15 years.

• Friendly
Upvote 0