Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
8 days until my weight loss surgery! Today begins the stretch of being able to only take in meal-replacement shakes.
Oh my gosh! Weight loss surgery? I thought you were losing it naturally? What brought about that decision?

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever scrolled through social media and in your memories you see someone that you were friends but at some point in time they unfriended you? It just hit me someone that I knew through Christian forums, a brother in Christ, has. Everyone has their reasons, I don't know what it is, but I have to respect that. There's a little bit of sadness though. It's probably been 7 years since we last talked on the phone. And it could just be that.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟235,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I love the paranormal and definitely believe in ghosts. I don’t think it’s probably dead people who haven’t moved on, but there’s something out there. I’ve had a couple paranormal experiences that I cannot explain away that make me feel certain. It doesn’t scare me, it’s actually very affirming in my mind. Evidence of unseen forces are yet another thing that points to proof of God and there’s no modern genre that openly preaches the power of Christ more than horror.

that being said, the more I’ve immersed myself in the horror genre and searched for my own paranormal evidence, the more I realize majority of it is faked. I don’t believe a board game you buy from Walmart has the power to commune with the dead. I don’t believe most ghost shows are telling the truth about their findings. As fun as the Warren cases are, I think they were skilled storytellers more than actual ghost hunters.
Interesting. I've also had a few experiences. I personally believe the Warrens were very flawed human beings, but I believe they were credible IMHO.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟235,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Ever since I heard that the Amityville Horror case was very likely to have been a hoax, I've become really skeptical of any and all haunting stories.
The Amityville Horror is definitely an interesting case IMO.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟235,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I forget the story but when I got there, I went upstairs which was closed and ran into some other Ghost hunters. They joined us for drinks after and we chatted for a while. They were taking photos. There weren't many British pubs in Chicago and I only chose it for the food.

As for myself I tend to believe ghosts and hauntings are usually demonic. I lived in an apartment for a little over a year that was in an old house over 100 years old. Well living there I always felt very heavy and down.. my biological father had a sense that something was there but did not tell me till after I moved out. One day I was praying for a co-worker and his salvation and I heard a rush of wind and the windows fling open in my bathroom. It was very strange the timing. It wasn't the first time that the windows had flown open. Around the time that I was moving out my hairdresser let me know that a man shot himself in my apartment 3 years before. It took a week to clean up the mess. I think it was something about being I HIV positive or something. My hairdresser at the time also let me know that the landlord bought the house because she knew it was haunted. There was a little girl who had died in the house in the 1800s and would move around objects. That was in 2005. A few years ago the house was up for sale and I saw pictures of the different rooms. Well landlord's portion of the house had skulls and different artifacts that seemed creepy. What stood out the most was that there was a picture of a room with 15 crosses on a wall. Obviously there was some kind of issue that tenant knew about.

There were stories within my family a great grandmothers apparition seen by multiple family members. I still side with it not being something from the lord. The Old testament is probably the best place that we get guidance against looking for those who have passed on.

I forgot about it until now, but the current house that I'm living in, I sensed something before moving in (I would get dizzy in a certain room). Every time I stepped out I was fine but then once I entered that room. There was also one other place outside the house where the dogs had been I felt light-headed.

It's important that your place is prayed over by whoever the owner is and blessed. Whatever was here before left after the praying and blessings.

My prayer place I had sent something was wrong there. And I slept in the children's room rather than the parents room. I use the parents room as my den and a place for my quiet times. I believe after a year's time, between the quiet times and everything that whatever energy was there left. While some remodeling was taking place in my original room, I had slept in the parents room and had nightmares. I found out later that the wife was chased by her husband with a gun and other stories from The neighbors.

Another time that I was in Japan doing a homestay in Kyoto. I was having the time of my life and studying Japanese and going sightseeing with other students after. But every night I was having horrific dreams for a week. Is that one day I saw that the grandmother's room was below mine and she was presenting sacrifices at the ancestral shrine. After I prayed I did not have nightmares. The same experience happened when I was at another home stay for two nights. The first night I crashed without seeing anything in the room and had a horrific nightmare. It dawned on me there must be a shrine, and I looked and it was right above my head. I prayed in the nightmares did not return. Every home stay after that I made sure to pray.

My sister's boyfriend crochets. He has made these awesome blankets for our family since right before my nephew was born. I have one that I use every night. A co-worker that is a runner has crocheting as a hobby. I got to see a sweater she crocheted last week which was pretty cool. I hope you will be able to figure it out. My sister's boyfriend said it's pretty easy.. but it can take a lot of time.
Very interesting. I agree I think most of hauntings are demonic, and thanks for the info about crocheting! :)

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was supposed to have today off. Someone called out, had to go in. So borrrrred. Lol

Well I know just what you need to say to that next time it happens.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟238,525.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well I know just what you need to say to that next time it happens.

Oh believe me, that's what I said-- except I did on my knees, fists in the air, dramatically screaming to the sky!
But then I dusted myself off and went to work because I'm the manager and that's what good managers do. XD

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodDoesListen55

“A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ
Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟105,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh? A romantic prospect, I take it, Miss Chelsea? :eheh:

Maybe... taking things slow though due to my past. I have known him since 2005, so it is just nice to be in touch with him again.

Upvote 0

Vinter

Jul 17, 2021
Copenhagen
✟55,202.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh believe me, that's what I said-- except I did on my knees, fists in the air, dramatically screaming to the sky!
But then I dusted myself off and went to work because I'm the manager and that's what good managers do. XD

So more like this then.
closet gas station near me

• Haha
Reactions: mojoboy31
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Vinter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe... taking things slow though due to my past. I have known him since 2005, so it is just nice to be in touch with him again.

I will pray that you two get along well, in whatever relational capacity you end up thinking it best to keep hanging with him, then. Even genuine friendships with no romantic inclinations whatsoever with those of the opposing gender are to be treasured. ^-^

Upvote 0