Mar 27, 2011
✟87,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I stopped drinking milk and started with Oat milk instead. It was a great decision. Milk made my stomach hurt and some nausea aswell. I dont get that from Oat milk. And Oat milk tastes way better.
Fellow oat milk drinker here- make sure you read your labels! Oat milk is notorious for containing round up or using vegetable oil in their milk. There are good ones out there, but it takes some looking :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

GodDoesListen55

“A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ
Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟107,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will pray that you two get along well, in whatever relational capacity you end up thinking it best to keep hanging with him, then. Even genuine friendships with no romantic inclinations whatsoever with those of the opposing gender are to be treasured. ^-^

Thank you so much for your kind words!

• Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

KJ91

Oct 9, 2022
Skåne
✟19,757.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Fellow oat milk drinker here- make sure you read your labels! Oat milk is notorious for containing round up or using vegetable oil in their milk. There are good ones out there, but it takes some looking :oldthumbsup:

its the Oatly brand im drinking

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Oooooh.....what is everyone's opinion on hauntings/ghosts? This would be a fun subject :D Sorry, I am fascinated by this subject. Since I am Catholic, I have a differing view from other Christians.
Real. Haunted locations are where the membranes between planes (the realm of the dead, Faerie, &c.) are thin or share common material as the leaves of a cabbage or where an event occurred of such magnitude that it was imprinted on the fabric of time such that it is ritually-reeanacted from time to time (perhaps in part the earth remembering). I tend not to accept the common ghosts=demons argument, as I find it reductionist and lacking in nuance.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟239,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Real. Haunted locations are where the membranes between planes (the realm of the dead, Faerie, &c.) are thin or share common material as the leaves of a cabbage or where an event occurred of such magnitude that it was imprinted on the fabric of time such that it is ritually-reeanacted from time to time (perhaps in part the earth remembering). I tend not to accept the common ghosts=demons argument, as I find it reductionist and lacking in nuance.
what's your religion or spiritual background?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodDoesListen55

“A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ
Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟107,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It genuinely upsets me that if you are not a celebrity or attend an Ivy League college or university, your sexual assault will most likely go unheard. So, it is time to speak up about abuse and finally let our voices be heard once and for all.

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
what's your religion or spiritual background?
"Protestant," but enquiring Catholicism for... Ugh, let us say I have been delaying the inevitable for far longer than is theologically or spiritually responsible (cf. Isaiah 7:13).:doh:

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟239,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
"Protestant," but enquiring Catholicism for... Ugh, let us say I have been delaying the inevitable for far longer than is theologically or spiritually responsible (cf. Isaiah 7:13).:doh:
Ohh I see! Cradle Catholic here!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It genuinely upsets me that if you are not a celebrity or attend an Ivy League college or university, your sexual assault will most likely go unheard.

I attended a prominent school and that isn’t the case. Most situations are handled by campus security. Correction is handled in house as well. Many incidents are never reported.

This is done to minimize reputational damage and legal recourse. You aren’t safer in those environments and oftentimes its worse depending on the other parties. The term is commonly called reputational risk. Policies and procedures are drafted with it in mind (and other risk factors) to lessen liability.

We had a lot of things covered up. Including an infamous drunk driving incident that yielded fatalities and a pile up on the expressway. The perpetuator was underaged and acquired the alcohol through a campus bar. They were forced to close it because of this but that didn’t prevent further occurrences.

Like the frat party which ended when someone leapt from a third floor balcony to the next and missed. I’m uncertain if inebriation made him think he was Spiderman. But he landed on the ground. Another tried a similar feat and fell off the roof.

Alcohol is a familiar culprit in most incidents as is misplaced trust. We believe we’re safe while living with strangers and should keep that in mind. There’s a well-known case from Dartmouth and another from Stanford you can reference for more insight.

The cases I’ve read were usually handled poorly and silence was enforced. Correction was typically a slap on the wrist or a term or two away. Once upon a time they didn’t inform the police at all and the infraction was sealed. Rendering it difficult to establish behavior patterns for repeat offenders.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟730,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Ohh I see! Cradle Catholic here!
I wish I was one. I still get mixed up in my responses at Mass. I feel like cradle Catholics have the Mass down pat. Many even know the Latin Mass. I would love to learn that.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟989,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes you have that one friend who has the right words of the right moment or that stranger who says the right thing at the right time and you know that it's from the Lord.

Indeed.

Despite our sins and sometimes outright wicked parts of our nature as fallen human beings, we have a merciful God who not only forgives us, but even allows us to do great good sometimes by speaking just the right words or summoning the courage to perform the right action in order to be of help to another, fellow human being and child of God. ... Or so I like to believe. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0