What I see might occur after this war with Israel and Hamas.

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe the prophecy from Isaiah will be fullfilled very soon
Verse 1 An oracle concerning Damascus. Behold, Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins.

We are heading towards Ezekiel 38 but not quite yet, as Israel has support of Usa. Something will have to happen to Usa (some internal conflict) so Israel is alone against its enemies.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe the prophecy from Isaiah will be fullfilled very soon
Verse 1 An oracle concerning Damascus. Behold, Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins.

We are heading towards Ezekiel 38 but not quite yet, as Israel has support of Usa. Something will have to happen to Usa (some internal conflict) so Israel is alone against its enemies.
Something is about to happen to the whole world, but people are blinded to this forthcoming disaster.
From Revelation 6:12 to 19:10, is soon to commence, we should know about all of it and be prepared, but because of false beliefs, most are unaware and will be taken by surprise.

The Gog/Magog attack is not what this current war is coming to. That much is obvious to anyone reading Ezekiel 38 to 39.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
No, Babylon was conquered by Darius the Mede, the night that Belshazzar drank for the vessels that his father Nebuchadnezzar took from the temple in Jerusalem. Read Daniel 5.

30 In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain.

31 And Darius the Median took the kingdom, being about threescore and two years old.

Darius the Mede ruled Babylon for the year of 539 BC. And then Cyrus, 539-530 BC.
Darius was made king. Daniel 9:1 When Cyrus captured Babylon, he made his uncle, Darius aka Cyaxares, king of Babylon, who died 2 years later, then Cyrus became king.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Possibly. It is pretty amazing the potential. Israel was living in peace when the Hamas attack occurred. Iran being charged with support of Hamas. Iranian rhetoric ramping up. Russia in a war, which if Russia decides to return its troops back to Russia, then the hook could be placed in Russia's jaw to be dragged into a widening Israel at war conflict. That could become the Gog/Magog event.

At the same time, Zelensky, a Jew, rising to global prominence as a politician and military leader. And Ukraine on fast track to full fledged EU membership. Will have to see if a ten leader group develops and Zelensky becomes head of that, i.e. the little horn.
I doubt it. The Vatican issues Euros, although it is not in the EU or in the monetary union. If it joins the EU I guess the pope will become head. Remember, the treaty setting up the European Common Market, forerunner of the EU was the Treaty of ROME.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,769.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, Babylon was conquered by Darius the Mede, the night that Belshazzar drank for the vessels that his father Nebuchadnezzar took from the temple in Jerusalem. Read Daniel 5.

30 In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain.

31 And Darius the Median took the kingdom, being about threescore and two years old.

Darius the Mede ruled Babylon for the year of 539 BC. And then Cyrus, 539-530 BC.
You say "Babylon was conquered by Darius the Mede, I do not see your post as a true source.

Monarchs Persian Empire
• 559–530 BC Cyrus the great (in 539B.C. Cyrus the great conquered Babylon, but his reign existed from 559B.C.)
• 530–522 BC Cambyses II
• 522–486 BC Darius I
• 486–465 BC Xerxes I
• 465–424 BC Artaxerxes
and so on

Historicaly
587 B.C. - Judah is conquered by Babylon - Jerusalem and First Temple destroyed; most Jews are exiled to Babylon.
559-530 B.C. - In 538 B.C. Babylon is CONQUERED by Cyrus IN FULFILLMENT Daniel 2:v.39-(Check it).
Cyrus's reign lasted from 559-530 B.C.

538 B.C. - Cyrus captured Babylon, and the ‘first year’ here is the first after this event.
Ezra 1:1 - Ezra 1:11 among other Biblical references.

Persian conquest
Main article: Fall of Babylon
In 539 BC, the Neo-Babylonian Empire fell to Cyrus the Great, king of Persia, with a military engagement known as the Battle of Opis.

The Battle of Opis was the last major military engagement between the Achaemenid Persian Empire and the Neo-Babylonian Empire, which took place in September 539 BC, during the Persian invasion of Mesopotamia

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Darius was made king. Daniel 9:1 When Cyrus captured Babylon, he made his uncle, Darius aka Cyaxares, king of Babylon, who died 2 years later, then Cyrus became king.
David, I think some of the confusion may be that we must distinguish between the city of Babylon and the kingdom of Babylon.

Darius the Mede is actually the one who captured the city of Babylon, and ruled from the city of Babylon.

I agree that Darius the Mede and Cyrus were related. Jointly, they shared the kingdom of Babylon. Daniel was in the city of Babylon at the time Belshazzar was slain, and Darius the Mede became ruler of the city.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
David, the wall competed in the 20th year of Darius 1 (Darius the Great). Nehemiah released to return to Jerusalem in the 20th year of Darius 1, Nehemiah 2:1-11. Nehemiah arrived in Jerusalem 3 days after being released in Nehemiah 2l 11.

The wall was completed 52 days later, by round the clock work, in Nehemiah 6:15.

Synopsis:
1. Nehemiah released from Danius 1's court (in 502 BC)
2. 3 days later, Nehemiah arrived in Jerusalem.
3. round the clock work and the wall finished in just 52 days. (502 BC)

The completed fully rebuilding of Jerusalem the city to like it was before was finished in 489 BC (in 32nd year of Darius 1's rule) 49 years after Cyrus's decree, in 538 BC. (allow for a 1 year variation in dating, because sometimes the references are the ascension to the throne year, and other times the first full year of rule).

View attachment 337693
Sorry Doug my memory forgot for me. The 32nd year, Nehemiah cleansed the chamber in the house of the Lord polluted by Tobiah. NEHEMIAH 13:6-9

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You say "Babylon was conquered by Darius the Mede, I do not see your post as a true source.

Monarchs Persian Empire
• 559–530 BC Cyrus the great (in 539B.C. Cyrus the great conquered Babylon, but his reign existed from 559B.C.)
• 530–522 BC Cambyses II
• 522–486 BC Darius I
• 486–465 BC Xerxes I
• 465–424 BC Artaxerxes
and so on

Historicaly
587 B.C. - Judah is conquered by Babylon - Jerusalem and First Temple destroyed; most Jews are exiled to Babylon.
559-530 B.C. - In 538 B.C. Babylon is CONQUERED by Cyrus IN FULFILLMENT Daniel 2:v.39-(Check it).
Cyrus's reign lasted from 559-530 B.C.

538 B.C. - Cyrus captured Babylon, and the ‘first year’ here is the first after this event. Ezra 1:1 - Ezra 1:11 among other Biblical references.

Persian conquest
Main article: Fall of Babylon
In 539 BC, the Neo-Babylonian Empire fell to Cyrus the Great, king of Persia, with a military engagement known as the Battle of Opis.

The Battle of Opis was the last major military engagement between the Achaemenid Persian Empire and the Neo-Babylonian Empire, which took place in September 539 BC, during the Persian invasion of Mesopotamia
Oseas, see my post #67.

538 B.C. - Cyrus captured Babylon, and the ‘first year’ here is the first after this event. Ezra 1:1 - Ezra 1:11 among other Biblical references.

Ezra 1 is informing when Cyrus, as the king of Persia, gave his degree to rebuild the temple and also take take gold and silver, and take the temple vessels that Nebuchadnezzar latched hold of back to Jerusalem. The book of Ezra is about the rebuilding of the temple.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
David, I think some of the confusion may be that we must distinguish between the city of Babylon and the kingdom of Babylon.

Darius the Mede is actually the one who captured the city of Babylon, and ruled from the city of Babylon.

I agree that the Darius the Mede and Cyrus were related. Jointly, they shared the kingdom of Babylon. Daniel was in the city of Babylon at the time Belshazzar was slain, and Darius the Mede became ruler of the city.
Xenophon tells us that Cyaxares, Cyrus's uncle asked Cyrus to help defend Media from invading Babylonians, who he calls Assyrians. Cyrus was son of Cambeses 1st King of Persia who were lesser members of the Kingdom of the Medes. Caxares made Cyrus general of his armies. When Cyrus overcame the invaders, Cyaxares ordered the army to return home, but Cyrus refused, being intent on proceeding to Babylon. Cyrus said to the Medes in the army. "Your king has ordered you to go home." But they replied, "We came out with Cyrus, we will return with Cyrus." Later on Cyaxares joined the march. When Cyrus reached Babylon he marched right past it and on tho Smyrna, capital of Phrygia. Some of his army doubted the wisdom ah that as the king of Prygia, Croesus had a large amy. Cyrus said they ran away from the first battle so they would run away again. Herodotus said Croesus had visited the oracle at delphi to. see if he should go to war. The oracle said, "Go to war, you will destroy a large army. Herodotus added, "He did destroy a large army, his own." croesus was known for his wealth, and there is a saying that someone "is as rich as Croesus. The first time I heard someone say that to me, they asked me who Croesus was.
Isaiah 45:3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness,
and hidden riches of secret places,
that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel. Xenophon said that when Cyrus defeated the Phrygians and was sitting in the Palace of Croesus, he said to Croesus, "Look my men are robbing all the wealth from your treasure houses." croesus replied "They are not robbing me, they are robbing you, as everything I had is yours now" Cyrus returned to Babylon and surrounded it and diverted the river that flowed through the city and his army marched up the dry river bed anvd found the gates into th city open, they killed Belshazzar after he saw the writing on thee wall when his knees smote themselves together an his loins were loosed. ie he became incontinent. Isaiah 45:1-3. All fulfilled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,769.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oseas, see my post #67.
Ezra 1 is informing when Cyrus, as the king of Persia, gave his degree to rebuild the temple and also take take gold and silver, and take the temple vessels that Nebuchadnezzar latched hold of back to Jerusalem. The book of Ezra is about the rebuilding of the temple.
What matters and prevails is the witness the King Artaxerxes gives of the priest Ezra. This is the copy of the letter that the king Artaxerxes gave unto Ezra the priest, the scribe, even a scribe of the words of the commandments of the Lord, and of His statutes to Israel.

Artaxerxes, king of kings, unto Ezra the priest, a scribe of the law of the GOD of heaven, perfect peace, and at such a time. I make a decree, that all they of the people of Israel, and of his priests and Levites, in my realm, which are minded of their own freewill to go up to Jerusalem, go with thee. Forasmuch as you are sent of the king, and of his seven counsellors, to enquire concerning Judah and Jerusalem, according to the law of your GOD which is in thine hand; And to carry the silver and gold, which the king and his counsellors have freely offered unto the GOD of Israel, whose habitation is in Jerusalem, And all the silver and gold that thou canst find in all the province of Babylon, with the freewill offering of the people, and of the priests, offering willingly for the house of their GOD which is in Jerusalem: That thou mayest buy speedily with this money bullocks, rams, lambs, with their meat offerings and their drink offerings, and offer them upon the altar of the house of your GOD which is in Jerusalem. And whatsoever shall seem good to thee, and to your brethren, to do with the rest of the silver and the gold, that do after the will of your GOD. The vessels also that are given thee for the service of the house of thy GOD, those deliver thou before the GOD of Jerusalem. And whatsoever more shall be needful for the house of thy GOD, which thou shalt have occasion to bestow, bestow it out of the king's treasure house. And I, even I Artaxerxes the king, do make a decree to all the treasurers which are beyond the river, that whatsoever Ezra the priest, the scribe of the law of the GOD of heaven, shall require of you, it be done speedily,

Unto an hundred talents of silver, and to an hundred measures of wheat, and to an hundred baths of wine, and to an hundred baths of oil, and salt without prescribing how much. Whatsoever is commanded by the GOD of heaven, let it be diligently done for the house of the GOD of heaven: for why should there be wrath against the realm of the king and his sons? Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of GOD, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.

And you, Ezra, after the wisdom of your GOD, that is in thine hand, set magistrates and judges, which may judge all the people that are beyond the river, all such as know the laws of your GOD; and teach you them that know them not. And whosoever will not do the law of your GOD, and the law of the king, let Judgment be executed speedily upon him, whether it be unto death, or to banishment, or to confiscation of goods, or to imprisonment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums