Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You have to be careful with these beliefs because not only are you just scaring yourself but you are also giving evil too much credit by having a form of faith in it.

People who claim to have psychic powers such as bending spoons, faith healing, chi energy, have all been exposed as frauds so there is no reason why we should believe that a bunch of people who believed in animal gods had any real source of power.
Well said.

We need to always remember that God is always in ultimate control and always holds the ultimate reigns on especially ultimate power, etc...

Well said.

God Bless!

• Winner
Reactions: Cis.jd
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Could have been, but it could or might have been just only a trick also, etc...?

Either way I don't think anything can happen without God's permission or His first permitting it or allowing it ever, etc...

God Bless!
So, Moses' snake.. ate sticks the size of staffs?
I believe that this was satanic.. while Moses' was the power of the one true God... IMO

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You have to be careful with these beliefs because not only are you just scaring yourself but you are also giving evil too much credit by having a form of faith in it.

People who claim to have psychic powers such as bending spoons, faith healing, chi energy, have all been exposed as frauds so there is no reason why we should believe that a bunch of people who believed in animal gods had any real source of power.
I agree that we must be careful in our discernment.

However, I'm not scared of anything. It is just a sign of the times.

These people are so blind to the power of Satan and his ilk.

Yes, many of these are fake and fraudsters... But, they do tell you that they are going to trick you.... so.. they are just doing what they said they would do..

Some, on the other hand... are being used as tools of the devil and they are receiving their earthly reward of power, wealth and fame.. only to lose their souls.

Reactions: Cis.jd
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I believe that this was satanic.. while Moses' was the power of the one true God... IMO

Snakes having the same length as a staff is common enough. The Egyptian trick is also recorded in other historical documents outside of the Bible and these documents contain how they did it. It's a magic trick.

How to Turn a Rod into a Snake

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I agree that we must be careful in our discernment.

However, I'm not scared of anything. It is just a sign of the times.

These people are so blind to the power of Satan and his ilk.

Yes, many of these are fake and fraudsters... But, they do tell you that they are going to trick you.... so.. they are just doing what they said they would do..

Some, on the other hand... are being used as tools of the devil and they are receiving their earthly reward of power, wealth and fame.. only to lose their souls.

These psychics don't tell you they are tricking you, they claim to have powers and they are scientifically exposed to be liars. Here is an example, please watch the video.

You shouldn't have any faith in the "power of Satan", the first thing you should think of is "this is likely fake" over "this is satan's power".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Slight of hand, misdirection, etc, could have been easily involved, etc, hiding the smaller snakes up their sleeves or something while seeming to make the sticks disappear at the same time, etc, like I said, I learned a great deal about the "art" from my cousin, and he even showed me how some of the big TV magicians did some or most of theirs, etc, along with explaining or showing me his own "tricks", etc, so knowing about some of that, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility at all that the Egyptians magicians "magic" was not anything more than simple tricks or "illusion", etc...

Many learned about the "art" back then, and even still today, anyway, many learned abiut the art back then so they could decieve others into thinking they were real magicians so they could both get and have a place in the Pharaohs or Kings court(s) sides as "magicians", etc, and they always kept it always a "secret" and a big, "protected secret" always among themselves, etc, or to or before anyone not one of them or among them always, etc, so they could have places in important peoples courts or sides as "magicians", etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,750.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible has many examples of people other than Jesus doing things that are seeming not possible today. Why is that do you think?

The basic difference is that miracles are a breaking of our physics law, in order for God to authenticate His prophets (fore-telling is another way).

Magic on the other hand, is suspected to be about a channeling with the spiritual realm (more or less a similar effort in communicating with the dead).

Reactions: VMaeLove
Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The basic difference is that miracles are a breaking of our physics law, in order for God to authenticate His prophets (fore-telling is another way).

Magic on the other hand, is suspected to be about a channeling with the spiritual realm (more or less a similar effort in communicating with the dead).
Do you think all of this is still possible?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Slight of hand, misdirection, etc, could have been easily involved, etc, hiding the smaller snakes up their sleeves or something while seeming to make the sticks disappear at the same time, etc, like I said, I learned a great deal about the "art" from my cousin, and he even showed me how some of the big TV magicians did some or most of theirs, etc, along with explaining or showing me his own "tricks", etc, so knowing about some of that, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility at all that the Egyptians magicians "magic" was not anything more than simple tricks or "illusion", etc...

Many learned about the "art" back then, and even still today, anyway, many learned abiut the art back then so they could decieve others into thinking they were real magicians so they could both get and have a place in the Pharaohs or Kings court(s) sides as "magicians", etc, and they always kept it always a "secret" and a big, "protected secret" always among themselves, etc, or to or before anyone not one of them or among them always, etc, so they could have places in important peoples courts or sides as "magicians", etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
Keeping their art or tricks a secret was great job security for them, and kept people in a liitle bit of fear of them, and they got to be treated like royalty almost or a lot, for doing little to nothing in the way of "actual work", etc, other than just making sure their skills and deceptive arts and tricks were up to date and were always sharp, etc, to keep and mantian that job security, etc...

Most if it was not real true magic or was truly the display of and kind of real like "supernatural" power or anything ever hardly, or ever truly, etc...

Most of the time, or a great deal of a great majority of the time anyway, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do you think all of this is still possible?

There are still things like the Kabbalah that are possibly real. I think JacksBratt is right that people sell their souls to devil but in return it's riches and fame... not actual magic power.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Magic is a general term.

I dont have direct quote right now, but in genesis I read about joseph using a silver cup for divination. I know people claim to see the future today, not sure if it is real or not?
I also remember reading about a curse a priest would put on women to find out if they was not faithful and it would cause their thighs to expand and their stomach to disform... really weird. In numbers I think.

The examples above are good as well about moses, maybe it was just illusion and trick. Seems like weird things happened in that time that does not happen much today. Or in public.

Just a very quick response: If you are living in a foreign land (Joseph was not from Egypt, but had been sold into slaver and brought there against his will), then you would use the local language terms to refer to things.

So, put in words Egyptians could understand, what Joseph was doing like what they would call 'divination'.

Being able to read dreams because God gave Joseph that ability, might be in the eye and comprehension ability of Egyptians what they would call "divination" -- even though their own local illusionists/palm readers (my modern words)/what have you are fakes, using tricks to make people think they are seeing more than they do, in contrast Joseph really is seeing more.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
These psychics don't tell you they are tricking you, they claim to have powers and they are scientifically exposed to be liars. Here is an example, please watch the video.

You are correct. Not all of them tell you that they are going to trick you.. some do... Why would a psychic tell you that they were tricking you by the way?

There are all kinds of methods of trickery and the illusionists own disclosure of what they are doing.

I also am aware of the "Great Randi" and the frauds he has exposed. However, there are still those out there who deny being helped by demons who are actually aided by these demonic forces of evil.

You shouldn't have any faith in the "power of Satan", the first thing you should think of is "this is likely fake" over "this is satan's power".

We only have faith in the saving blood of Jesus Christ. I don't have "faith" in the power of Satan.. I know it's real.. I know it's dangerous.. I know it is to be avoided... I know that it leaves a chink in my armor to allow him in...

Don't fool yourself.. Don't underestimate the power of the evil one and his minions... That is a big mistake.

My post was not about those fraudsters out there.. My post is about the street magicians, illusionists.. that are doing impossible things... while denying any demonic help.. as they gain fame fortune and power... While none of it is giving glory to God..

My post is, also, not about mediums and fortune tellers... it's about the David Copperfields, who, by the way taunts the audience by telling them that he is going to call on other entities.. and.. other demonically aided "magicians".

I do agree, that many of these are nothing more than slight of hand, props, paid stooges and assisting people..

However, the great deceiver is out there among them.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are correct. Not all of them tell you that they are going to trick you.. some do... Why would a psychic tell you that they were tricking you by the way?

There are all kinds of methods of trickery and the illusionists own disclosure of what they are doing.

I also am aware of the "Great Randi" and the frauds he has exposed. However, there are still those out there who deny being helped by demons who are actually aided by these demonic forces of evil.

We only have faith in the saving blood of Jesus Christ. I don't have "faith" in the power of Satan.. I know it's real.. I know it's dangerous.. I know it is to be avoided... I know that it leaves a chink in my armor to allow him in...

Don't fool yourself.. Don't underestimate the power of the evil one and his minions... That is a big mistake.

My post was not about those fraudsters out there.. My post is about the street magicians, illusionists.. that are doing impossible things... while denying any demonic help.. as they gain fame fortune and power... While none of it is giving glory to God..

My post is, also, not about mediums and fortune tellers... it's about the David Copperfields, who, by the way taunts the audience by telling them that he is going to call on other entities.. and.. other demonically aided "magicians".

I do agree, that many of these are nothing more than slight of hand, props, paid stooges and assisting people..

However, the great deceiver is out there among them.

I get where you are coming from, but unless there is proof that any of these people are doing actual magic then they are either performers or scammers. David Copperfield and every single street magician today are just performers. They have no powers and you can find how they do their magic tricks on youtube, that shows their is no "demons" or whatever giving them power. Their magic is just as "real" as professional wrestling, all a performance. Wasn't David Copperfield forced to reveal his magic tricks after getting sued by a participant, his trial was on CNN?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Deuteronomy 13:1-3 (KJV) If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

It was on purpose - those who have been "exposed". Real mystics and practitioners of magic do not let the incredulous public know because 2/3 of the time would be wasted explaining how magic is possible, and the other 1/3 would be wasted explaining how its execution is possible. It is not worth it to "expose" magic to the public, because even if they accept it, they will be scared of it - and the usual picketing and call to violence will ensue.

People who "know things" don't spend their time seeking out the incredulous lot to "prove" to them their power or substance - that is an Enlightenment notion to expect the world to explain itself to you. Instead, people spend five and six figures trying to find these mystics and practitioners because of their reputation - most all the time way beyond what a plugged-in layperson would know about.

As said before, people are selling themselves short by choosing to ignore magic in its entirety. The ignorance allows everything from "bump in the night" to "curses" to flourish without knowledge.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It was on purpose - those who have been "exposed". Real mystics and practitioners of magic do not let the incredulous public know because 2/3 of the time would be wasted explaining how magic is possible, and the other 1/3 would be wasted explaining how its execution is possible. It is not worth it to "expose" magic to the public, because even if they accept it, they will be scared of it - and the usual picketing and call to violence will ensue.

People who "know things" don't spend their time seeking out the incredulous lot to "prove" to them their power or substance - that is an Enlightenment notion to expect the world to explain itself to you. Instead, people spend five and six figures trying to find these mystics and practitioners because of their reputation - most all the time way beyond what a plugged-in layperson would know about.

As said before, people are selling themselves short by choosing to ignore magic in its entirety. The ignorance allows everything from "bump in the night" to "curses" to flourish without knowledge.

Sure, but also note that are many so called mystics who were never famous and where still scientifically refuted. For example, witch doctors from indigenous tribes, Tibetan monks, or faith healers in Russia (Russia still has a huge amount of them).

I wont deny things such as the Kabbalah and other ancient Judaistic myths. I can be a bit open to the possibly of it being real but I think the Christ like thing for christians to do is to be skeptic because buying into the glamor of the "power of evil" is giving it credit/praise in itself. I just don't understand why Christians show such passion about it being real (despite evidence showing their accusations are not real magic) as if the Faith is dependent on hocus pocus being real.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey VMae in other parts of the world its known and seen. But here in America and the like we believe by only what we see and then the doubt so its all hidden working in the background if you know what I mean. So if one was to go to these 3rd world nations you would see God our Father doing wonders.

All gifts come from God. Some have just tuned into the wrong station thats all. None here are experts on this. We need to remember that God said if you doubt let not that man think He will get anything from God. So many are moved by what they see hear and feel and this is the only true realm.

Yet if we believe the bible then this is all temporal "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Sure, but also note that are many so called mystics who were never famous and where still scientifically refuted. For example, witch doctors from indigenous tribes, Tibetan monks, or faith healers in Russia (Russia still has a huge amount of them).

I wont deny things such as the Kabbalah and other ancient Judaistic myths. I can be a bit open to the possibly of it being real but I think the Christ like thing for christians to do is to be skeptic because buying into the glamor of the "power of evil" is giving it credit/praise in itself. I just don't understand why Christians show such passion about it being real (despite evidence showing their accusations are not real magic) as if the Faith is dependent on hocus pocus being real.

How can you refute something you don't believe in, or never experienced?

Academia is highly arrogant in its self-appointed arbitration of truth. You don't have to praise something to reconnoiter it.

Upvote 0