What do you guys think of Putin's moves this week?

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Respect for Christians?

You think Trump is religious?

Blimey.

I'm not speaking for Gurney. Or commenting on Trump. But one doesn't have to be religious in order to have respect for Christians.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Respectfully, you have no idea whether he's religious or not, Larn. Not only do you live in the UK and are highly influenced by the extremely liberal media there, but you're getting double the propaganda with out leftist state-run media here. You can't judge his heart. You should know better.

Trump could've just been courting evangelicals as a voting block, or he could've gone through a conversion but still has a long way to go. I don't know. I tend to give the man the benefit of the doubt. But the fact that he's anti-abortion, wants to protect Christians in the Middle East, understands the radical Islam threat, and is fed up with secular humanism being dumped in our laps points toward a good direction.

I tend to think Vladimir Putin is a Christian as well based on his views and actions. Are Trump and Putin saints with trouble-free pasts? Nope. I'm not either! Nor are you.

Do Brits still actually say "blimey?" I thought that was a huge stereotype caricature lampoon from the 1800's? LOL

Respect for Christians?

You think Trump is religious?

Blimey.

Upvote 0

Constantine the Sinner

Aug 11, 2016
United States
✟31,259.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't think he's contrite, which is fundamental to a Christian heart, and I don't think his actions are Christian, which is the fruit of a Christian heart. I don't think it is realistic or plausible to consider Trump a Christian.

I don't really believe Trump is personally anti-abortion, although I do believe he is willing to push that way because that's what his constituents want. He's willing to work with us. Whether or not he is a believer is immaterial compared to that, since I'd rather have an atheist president willing to work with Christians on these issues, than some Mainline Protestant president who was convinced we shouldn't interfere with abortion.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree. I'd rather Assad control Syria ANY DAY over the Muslim hordes who will butcher Christians.

But in the case of Trump, choosing Mike Pence as VP was promising early on. He didn't really need Pence politically because Pence's state was a pretty good GOP lock. I figured Trump would seek a candidate as running mate from Florida, Virginia, Wisconsin, or Ohio. But he chose a solid Christian man with serious moral fiber in Pence. Trump also had hands lain on him by some evangelicals and it seemed to matter. He has attended prayer meetings and has caucused with people who carry solid agendas. I'm not happy with Trump's surrender on the LGBT nazi fascism we're inundated by, but I think he sees that as wholly unwinable at this point, so he's focusing on bigger fish.

Trump needs to balance strength with control over his words and passions. I pray for him. I hope others will, too. Anything beats the secular humanist evil hag we would've gotten who is most definitely not a Christian. Her deeds and worldview reveal that.

I'm not speaking for Gurney. Or commenting on Trump. But one doesn't have to be religious in order to have respect for Christians.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Respectfully, you have no idea whether he's religious or not, Larn. Not only do you live in the UK and are highly influenced by the extremely liberal media there, but you're getting double the propaganda with out leftist state-run media here. You can't judge his heart. You should know better.

Trump could've just been courting evangelicals as a voting block, or he could've gone through a conversion but still has a long way to go. I don't know. I tend to give the man the benefit of the doubt. But the fact that he's anti-abortion, wants to protect Christians in the Middle East, understands the radical Islam threat, and is fed up with secular humanism being dumped in our laps points toward a good direction.

I tend to think Vladimir Putin is a Christian as well based on his views and actions. Are Trump and Putin saints with trouble-free pasts? Nope. I'm not either! Nor are you.

Do Brits still actually say "blimey?" I thought that was a huge stereotype caricature lampoon from the 1800's? LOL
Trump is a Christian?

C'mon. How is that not Godwashing?

He's no more an honest Christian than I'm the Prince of Persia.

He worships the almighty dollar.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

seeing as how your faith is atheist, how exactly would you know the depth of anyone's faith or lack thereof? especially someone you do not know personally?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where did you purchase your Christometer? Is it an app on your iphone? I need to go to Radio Shack and buy one of those. Being able to know with 100% metaphysical certitude that someone is or isn't Christian and gauge their heart through the television is some incredible technology. Is it available in the app store?

Trump is a Christian?

C'mon. How is that not Godwashing?

He worships the almighty dollar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
seeing as how your faith is atheist, how exactly would you know the depth of anyone's faith or lack thereof? especially someone you do not know personally?
Does he act like a Christian?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Where did you purchase your Christometer? Is it an app on your iphone? I need to go to Radio Shack and buy one of those. Being able to know with 100% metaphysical certitude that someone is or isn't Christian and gauge their heart through the television is some incredible technology. Is it available in the app store?
Does he behave like a Christian?

Upvote 0

chandraclaws

May 25, 2015
✟3,897.00
Faith
Christian
That's really where I am as well. Like I said, I kind of understood Putin's logic with Crimea to some degree, but this new invasion seems like World War II kind of stuff, and despite my disgust for Obama, I understand the EU and U.S.'s outrage. How far can we let him go? What if he wants the whole thing? Then what if he decides Belarus would be a nice acquisition, and maybe also Latvia and some other nations? At what point does military action take place? And do I defend Russia's actions no matter what just because I'm Orthodox? Nope.

I don't understand Putin's thinking? Russia was looking good financially for a while there. Lots of investment, natural gas pipelines so lucrative, free market economy, consumer confidence pretty good, etc. Why risk screwing up your whole economy, putting your people back in Soviet-style breadlines, choking off trade and opportunity, insulating your nation from the rest of the world a la North Korea just to take some silly Ukrainian turf? As if Russia isn't big enough?

I'm perplexed. That's why I started this thread. I must be missing something....surely...right?
Putin is obsessed with power and ownership. I don't think he will stop invading countries. I'm afraid the US is now going to be helping him do it.

Upvote 0

Constantine the Sinner

Aug 11, 2016
United States
✟31,259.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Putin is obsessed with power and ownership. I don't think he will stop invading countries. I'm afraid the US is now going to be helping him do it.
Why do you think the U.S. would aid Russian aggressions?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chandraclaws

May 25, 2015
✟3,897.00
Faith
Christian
Why do you think the U.S. would aid Russian aggressions?
I think it would be insane to encourage it, but Donald Trump has talked about dumping our NATO allies, which would make it much easier for Putin to move in and take over more countries.

Upvote 0

Constantine the Sinner

Aug 11, 2016
United States
✟31,259.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
I think it would be insane to encourage it, but Donald Trump has talked about dumping our NATO allies, which would make it much easier for Putin to move in and take over more countries.
Putin's aggressions are somewhat of a reaction to NATO, which he wants to maintain an equilibrium against. Furthermore, if we are to take Obama at his word, Trump is a pragmatist, not an ideologue, so I'm not really worried about him just dumping NATO for the heck of it.

Upvote 0

chandraclaws

May 25, 2015
✟3,897.00
Faith
Christian
Putin's aggressions are somewhat of a reaction to NATO, which he wants to maintain an equilibrium against. Furthermore, if we are to take Obama at his word, Trump is a pragmatist, not an ideologue, so I'm not really worried about him just dumping NATO for the heck of it.
I hope you're right.

Upvote 0

Wunderlust

Sep 19, 2016
America
✟17,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does he act like a Christian?

Trump said he has never asked forgiveness from God.

All of the denominations and sects, the crazy views and cults, I didn't realize until that statement, this was is the very fundamental definition of Christian.

Upvote 0