What do you guys think of Putin's moves this week?

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It made some sense to me why he went into Crimea, but now with this week's invasion, man, that's pretty tough to argue the pro-Russia side, isn't it? I'm open if anyone can help me out here! :o:confused::p

I have never been too keen on the idea to enter Ukraine period, as far as Russia is concerned, but with Crimea the point is arguable. But this week just seems like aggression and the folks comparing Putin to Hitler with his early bullying moves might have a point now. This concerns me.

Anything I'm missing?

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I hope he expels the US Ambassador to Russia. I'm loving how he is sticking up his middle finger to NATO. And I can't wait as further information becomes available linking MH17 to Kiev. May have to wait for the final investigative report to be released. That is, if it ever is released. Atleast Malaysia has figured it out.

Don't worry those sanctions are only hurting Russia; we were told, hahaha. Every EU Country on the periphery had an aneurysm within a week on the produce embargo,. With the elected officials of the Syriza Party of Greece even going as far as writing a letter to Putin telling him he is justified and correct using counter sanctions , but that he should make an exception for Greece because of the special relationship they have. Lololol.

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟117,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟240,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
He's continuing his crusade against the American homosexual agenda. Obamacare will be annoyed.

Yup. Some people see Putin as a "bigot" because he has a zero tolerance policy for the propaganda of the homosexual liberation movement. He has a right to protect his countries on what he see is moral. Period.

Reactions: gzt
Upvote 0

Stephen Kendall

believer of Jesus Christ
Sep 28, 2008
USA
✟9,673.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It made some sense to me why he went into Crimea, but now with this week's invasion, man, that's pretty tough to argue the pro-Russia side, isn't it? I'm open if anyone can help me out here! :o:confused::p

I have never been too keen on the idea to enter Ukraine period, as far as Russia is concerned, but with Crimea the point is arguable. But this week just seems like aggression and the folks comparing Putin to Hitler with his early bullying moves might have a point now. This concerns me.

Anything I'm missing?

WWlll? China seems to agreeing with Russia a bit too much lately. Are we seeing the truth of the two and where this is all going? Can a nuclear war be possible if USA gets involved in Ukraine. With JFK, we were a step away from this possibility in the Cuba Crisis. With Putin and another unfriendly unfair Bullying neighbor China, as well as crazy Islam, the world seems to be a grab-bag for aggressors all around the world with the US disappearing from the scene through Obama. ISIS will come to punish us with 10's of thousands or greater in American deaths.

In all said, I don't advocate war, we are Followers of Christ and should be doing so. To know Christ is to know God's way and love. We are ambassadors of the Gospel & reconciliation to God. Our place isn't war or politics, but the Gospel. So simple, yet faiths have attached themselves to the world and either left Christ or are ashame of him and his way.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Stephen, the US is the aggressor in every example you cited. Whether it is US violation of article 3 of the budapest memorandom, sending espionage planes near China to spy on them, or creating ISIS. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

The US does not solve international problems, they create them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't know, but I'm not going to jump the "I'm Orthodox, and Putin/Russia is Orthodox, therefore, I'm going to blindly support whatever Putin/Russia is doing and will believe any and all conspiracy theories coming from Eastern European/Balkan countries just because they are Orthodox" bandwagon.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,705.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Frankly I'm just praying for Ukraine - the people everywhere there are suffering .

All the big white lorries that formed the humanitarian convoy , when they were looked at didn't seem to be full of aid .

Some have already returned to Russia and there are suspicions that 'stuff' was moved back to Russia in them.

Of course we don't know the truth - we only know what's being fed to us from both sides.

Lord have mercy on your people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm58wq5sp0w

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's really where I am as well. Like I said, I kind of understood Putin's logic with Crimea to some degree, but this new invasion seems like World War II kind of stuff, and despite my disgust for Obama, I understand the EU and U.S.'s outrage. How far can we let him go? What if he wants the whole thing? Then what if he decides Belarus would be a nice acquisition, and maybe also Latvia and some other nations? At what point does military action take place? And do I defend Russia's actions no matter what just because I'm Orthodox? Nope.

I don't understand Putin's thinking? Russia was looking good financially for a while there. Lots of investment, natural gas pipelines so lucrative, free market economy, consumer confidence pretty good, etc. Why risk screwing up your whole economy, putting your people back in Soviet-style breadlines, choking off trade and opportunity, insulating your nation from the rest of the world a la North Korea just to take some silly Ukrainian turf? As if Russia isn't big enough?

I'm perplexed. That's why I started this thread. I must be missing something....surely...right?

I don't know, but I'm not going to jump the "I'm Orthodox, and Putin/Russia is Orthodox, therefore, I'm going to blindly support whatever Putin/Russia is doing and will believe any and all conspiracy theories coming from Eastern European/Balkan countries just because they are Orthodox" bandwagon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,464,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I agree here. while I do not doubt his Orthodoxy, he is, after all, an elected official.

Lord have mercy is all I can say!

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The government isn't holy! No government is! ^_^ holy Church, holy Orthodox, corrupt government....only we're even worse! LOL

Holy Russia being Holy Russia, of course!

Upvote 0