Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Wife and I live in a very remote area, with one church that we do attend but I just don’t fit in with for a variety of reasons. I don’t agree with the Baptist theology so I can’t really can’t contribute nor talk about what I believe. The only other churches are fifty miles away and it is just too difficult to serve when you need to drive a hundred miles round trip. Right now moving isn’t an option, but maybe in the near future.

Our previous church was New Life, a charismatic on fire fellowship and was well balanced scripturally. I’m originally Pentecostal. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I highly recommend checking out Elevation Church on Youtube. They have actual physical Churches planted in the U.S. and one in Canada. They also happen to live stream their sermons on Sunday and all throughout the week [the same sermon that was preached on Sunday] just in case someone was unable to catch the Sunday sermon. The pastor is pretty down-to-earth and passionate. : ) I have a home Church that's like..a 5 minute walk from where I live. But the sermons can be a bit of a 'hit and miss' for me personally. But definitely check out Elevation Church. : ) The latest sermon from them is not from the pastor himself-it's a guest speaker.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wife and I live in a very remote area, with one church that we do attend but I just don’t fit in with for a variety of reasons. I don’t agree with the Baptist theology so I can’t really can’t contribute nor talk about what I believe. The only other churches are fifty miles away and it is just too difficult to serve when you need to drive a hundred miles round trip. Right now moving isn’t an option, but maybe in the near future.

Our previous church was New Life, a charismatic on fire fellowship and was well balanced scripturally. I’m originally Pentecostal. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

OK... exactly, what is "baptist theology" at the particular church that you all attend? cause there be many denominations and they beliefs vary from church to church etc.

what matters is the church having the essentials of the faith...cause not everybody agrees with every single thing they church say and do.
My husband is pentecostal... I go with what the Lord say in scripture(Bible)...we attend a baptist church an there be people in the congregation come from all types of churches ranging from United, Methodist, JWs to Catholic etc. Our closest friends were raised from baby-hood to adult as Catholics...they too attend the same baptist church that me an my husband attend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
OK... exactly, what is "baptist theology" at the particular church that you all attend? cause there be many denominations and they beliefs vary from church to church etc.

what matters is the church having the essentials of the faith...cause not everybody agrees with every single thing they church say and do.
My husband is pentecostal... I go with what the Lord say in scripture(Bible)...we attend a baptist church an there be people in the congregation come from all types of churches ranging from United, Methodist, JWs to Catholic etc. Our closest friends were raised from baby-hood to adult as Catholics...they too attend the same baptist church that me an my husband attend.

The biggest issue is an belief and understanding how the Holy Spirit works in the body of believers. Sometimes a church becomes more of a social club than one focused on worshiping the Lord. If one doesn't believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are present today, and preaches that, then that becomes a big stumbling block for me. I agree on the essentials of faith, and the Baptist certainly have that. Once one has witnessed the Holy Spirit move through a congregation nothing else will ever come close. I have only witnessed it twice in my life, but it has left a life long impression.

Upvote 0

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Without knowing more, it's hard to say. If there really are no other Christian options nearby, & if there is enough local support, you could contact or petition another denomination, to see if they might be interested in a church plant. Alternatively, you could see if there are any local faith gatherings, perhaps inter-denominational, that meet for discussions or service.

I'm Episcopalian, & I would struggle in a Baptist church - the worship & beliefs are too different. So, I can imagine the frustration of not having other local church options.

Upvote 0