Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look, the Bible doesn't say anything on its own, it doesn't have a mouth to speak.

Dude, that's out there, it has written words to speak, that's what books do, they don't use mouths.

You come up with some of the strangest things to help you hang on to that delusion of yours.

It's this ridiculous notion that the Bible absolves us of personal responsibility for our beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that is problematic. It's spiritually immature and dangerous in the modern world. It's the stuff of witch burnings and inquisitions. And it has nothing to do with following Jesus.

And that supports you how?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point is all sexuality is “active”. God is judge and His Holy Spirit is the one that is responsible for the shaping of a life... not us.

We dispense grace and have faith that His blood is sufficient, no matter who struggles with what.

Can ya dig it?

Or... would you like to claim sinlessness.

He without sin cast the first stone is forgotten by much of Western theology.

Grace isn’t a license to sin, but mercy to the sinner.

If you see yourself as a carnal saint and want to throw spiritual stones at others with apocalyptic scripture and Paul’s words in Romans 1 that immediately follow with Romans 2... you who judge... have a ball.
This discussion has nothing to do with Christians identifying sin in their lives or struggling with such sin.

This discussion is about ignoring sins clearly stated as sin by both Christ and His apostles in Holy Scriptures.

And why not say, “Let us do evil that good may come”?—as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just. (Romans 3:5)

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Don't know brother :).
Sorry but I left out "armed" in that post. I meant are these strong armed people saved? I do not believe a person can be forced to accept Jesus as Savior. I would believe those strong armed people are simply politely exiting from a bad situation.

bugkiller

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
And in that context, are homosexual relation ever conditionally sanctioned? Yes or no? What's to hide?

There are gay folks at our congregation and they are not excluded. Their sex life is their private business, it's between them and God.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know of no one but God that even can convict anyone of their sin other than if they do something against the law here on earth and are convicted and go to jail, but as far as eternal conviction...only God can do it.

Now if by conviction, some of you are saying for example, if a Homosexual says I can live a life as a homosexual and still go to heaven, and someone disagrees because the Bible simply says otherwise, what could possibly be the problem with that?

Of course, in that case, the Homosexual who wants to do as they want are going to accuse the messenger of some thing like judging, convicting, whatever it takes to shift blame...we've all seen it happen, but all they are doing is filling them in on the biblical truth that they apparently have wrong...wake up call.

Is that what you mean by convicting/judging? They have already been convicted by God, nothing I can do to make that worse or better unless I get through to them they are wrong.

By "convicted" I mean convinced that they are are living a life that is essentially in a state of "wrong"--a discomfiture with their present state of being. They may not know what is wrong about it, they may not be able to trace it to any particular actions or beliefs, but they know it is "wrong."

I had a philosophy professor who had been born a Jew. But he had something inside him that discomfiture that drove him to philosophy. Through philosophy, he abandoned Judaism and all religion, becoming atheist. But that discomfiture was still there. Eventually, he turned to the gospels (which he'd never even bothered to read before...because everyone already knew about Christianity, and reading them...the discomfiture vanished. He became a Born Again believer of Christ.

I've known Japanese Christians who have the same testimony of this same thing: That all they've been taught is wrong or incomplete and that there is something else. The actress/activist Jane Fonda even makes that testimony, that she'd tried all her life to please men...until she discovered in her 60s that Jesus was the man she needed to please.

But scripture tells us this:

God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do my best to shake out legalism and hypocrisy with my communication style.

Forgive my indirect speech before... but consider it a smoking out of your core hearts belief system.

It’s with 100% Jesus or it’s a false gospel.

Shall you continue to expound on how the Blood of the Lamb can’t save those with struggles from the very Law He canceled the charges from?

Oh wait... He’s good enough for you... but others are damned because they’re not “Working” as hard as you?

Why did the man who said... “Oh God have mercy on me a sinner”... fair better than the guy who said “Thankyou that I’m not like him”?
Again this thread has nothing to do with progressive sanctification and Christians identifying or struggling with sin in their lives.

It's about Christians ignoring sin is actually sin.

That's not legalism but pointing out serious error and strong delusion. (2 Thessalonians 2:11)

You can save the moral purity and sinless perfection meme for someone else. Your beef is with the words of Jesus and His apostles which have been more than abundantly quoted throughout this thread.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Dude, that's out there, it has written words to speak, that's what books do, they don't use mouths.

You come up with some of the strangest things to help you hang on to that delusion of yours.

And that supports you how?

Your approach to Christianity is misguided and irresponsible. It is contrary to the ethics a follower of Jesus should have.

You aren't interested in loving people, just using your religion as an opiate so you never have to deal with the ambiguity and complexity of the world.

Jesus took all the ambiguity and the complexity of the world head on. And he did so for your sake, so that you could be freed of this superstitious impulse. Time to abandon "religion" and start following Jesus.

• Agree
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Care to express how your sin is less damning than another’s?
It's not. However I don't post here teaching sins I face as non sins. There's the difference.

We all struggle or must address sin in our lives. The more we walk in the Spirit and not the flesh the more we are pruned. We can't be pruned if don't recognize sin for what it is---sin .

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The amplified sins on these threads are the very sins some argue are not sins. Pointing out that the Holy Scriptures surely do condemn such sins is not singling out some sins over others, but just stating the facts.

If one were to argue premarital sex is not sin and continued to relent it was not, and several posters posted verses showing it is, that is amplifying one sin. In this case amplification is an appropriate response.
I have not seen what you are talking about.

bugkiller

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You avoided my question:

It has been argued here on CF by some that those in a same sex union involving active sexual relations are not sinning if the relationship is monogamous and loving.

Is this your position?
Where does he argue for that? I missed it.

bugkiller

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I’ve been enormously clear.

Sin... by the Law... is clearly identified and Jesus magnified the Law on the Mount.

How much clearer shall I be?
I think you are being accused of being in a legal relationship with the same sex.

bugkiller

• Haha
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By "convicted" I mean convinced that they are are living a life that is essentially in a state of "wrong"--a discomfiture with their present state of being. They may not know what is wrong about it, they may not be able to trace it to any particular actions or beliefs, but they know it is "wrong."

I had a philosophy professor who had been born a Jew. But he had something inside him that discomfiture that drove him to philosophy. Through philosophy, he abandoned Judaism and all religion, becoming atheist. But that discomfiture was still there. Eventually, he turned to the gospels (which he'd never even bothered to read before...because everyone already knew about Christianity, and reading them...the discomfiture vanished. He became a Born Again believer of Christ.

I've known Japanese Christians who have the same testimony of this same thing: That all they've been taught is wrong or incomplete and that there is something else. The actress/activist Jane Fonda even makes that testimony, that she'd tried all her life to please men...until she discovered in her 60s that Jesus was the man she needed to please.

But scripture tells us this:

God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

Hmm, Jane Fonda...I had no idea she would/could ever be on board...wonderful.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your approach to Christianity is misguided and irresponsible. It is contrary to the ethics a follower of Jesus should have.

You aren't interested in loving people, just using your religion as an opiate so you never have to deal with the ambiguity and complexity of the world.

Jesus took all the ambiguity and the complexity of the world head on. And he did so for your sake, so that you could be freed of this superstitious impulse. Time to abandon "religion" and start following Jesus.

Of course, I'm the bad guy here...always the way.

The scripture I brought to your attention, is that misguided, or are you going to avoid it like the plague, and throw around pretty sounding, but completely irrelevant comebacks as usual?

That won't make the truth go away.

Now tell me if that scripture is wrong and why the bible is wrong. So there is no mistake, it's on calling a brother out if they are doing some of the big sins, and if they don't listen, don't even associate with them.

It goes right along with the topic here, so what say you? Do you have a way of explaining that to mean something other than it does too?

Last edited:
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Again this thread has nothing to do with progressive sanctification and Christians identifying or struggling with sin in their lives.

It's about Christians ignoring sin is actually sin.

That's not legalism but pointing out serious error and strong delusion. (2 Thessalonians 2:11)

You can save the moral purity and sinless perfection meme for someone else. Your beef is with the words of Jesus and His apostles which have been more than abundantly quoted throughout this thread.

The thread does now...

So... assume all you like... but I will return that I believe it is you who are the one disagreeing with He Who Saves those that appear hopeless to humanity...

You judge by the flesh...

Recognize those words? From... The WORD?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think you are being accused of being in a legal relationship with the same sex.

bugkiller

That would be hilarious...

My wife would laugh too.

I think you are correct that some very assumptive people have assumed... wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeaceByJesus

Unworthy servant for the Worthy Lord + Savior
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟83,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Despite being a poster who is supposed to be opposed to judgmentalism you excel in personal psycho-polemics. Typical liberal duplicity. And here I suspected you were off filing an abuse report for being personally attacked.

Upvote 0

PeaceByJesus

Unworthy servant for the Worthy Lord + Savior
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟83,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmm, Jane Fonda...I had no idea she would/could ever be on board...wonderful.
The liberal pro-homosexual feminist Fonda can hardly be considered to be "on board" in the Biblical sense.

Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. (Ephesians 5:10-11)

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The liberal pro-homosexual feminist Fonda can hardly be considered to be "on board" in the Biblical sense.

Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. (Ephesians 5:10-11)

PB and J...

Master Reprover...

At peace with helping others not feel at peace... ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.