Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
@FireDragon76 articulated these words and they hit home to me. I literally battle against Weaponized gospels when the chance presents itself.

What was intended to be the Foundation of Unconditional Love can get twisted into emotional stones.

This is the core of my indignation towards theological twisting of Jesus’ words, ministry and Book... (John 5:39)

A thank you to @FireDragon76 for helping me express something I’ve been trying to express for years and a call for anyone to give deeper body to those simple but accurate words...

“Weaponized Gospel”

How is the gospel Weaponized and why does this do harm to the True Good News of our Lord, God Jesus Christ?

Matthew 24 10

Feb 28, 2018
Warsaw
✟9,130.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You can have Unconditional Love towards your cat , dog , wife but that does not grant you way to heaven tho .

John 5:39 says to search Scriptures for prophecy fullfilled so we know who Jesus was , Jesus started his ministry reading Isaiah Luke 4:21 KJV so they clearly can know who he was , then he gave them proof by doing what was written in that prophecy .

If by weaponize gospel you mean give proof then we should always give proof why we have faith in that gospel 1 Peter 3:15 KJV

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
@FireDragon76 articulated these words and they hit home to me. I literally battle against Weaponized gospels when the chance presents itself.

What was intended to be the Foundation of Unconditional Love can get twisted into emotional stones.

This is the core of my indignation towards theological twisting of Jesus’ words, ministry and Book... (John 5:39)

A thank you to @FireDragon76 for helping me express something I’ve been trying to express for years and a call for anyone to give deeper body to those simple but accurate words...

“Weaponized Gospel”

How is the gospel Weaponized and why does this do harm to the True Good News of our Lord, God Jesus Christ?
Not sure what that phrase means. If it means strong-arming people into accepting the gospel, then I don't think that's what the Lord would want. A Holy Spirit inspired defense of the gospel is certainly God's will. Peace in Christ:).

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think there is an application for apologetics, it's probably understood as a double edge sword in dealing with error anyway. There is a sense in which it's prophecy so rejecting the message can have consequences. Overall it's the gospel of peace but there is a time we take a stand on the gospel. The gospel is our message, not one of the weapons of our warfare.

• Friendly
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think there is an application for apologetics, it's probably understood as a double edge sword in dealing with error anyway. There is a sense in which it's prophecy so rejecting the message can have consequences. Overall it's the gospel of peace but there is a time we take a stand on the gospel. The gospel is our message, not one of the weapons of our warfare.

You can have Unconditional Love towards your cat , dog , wife but that does not grant you way to heaven tho .

John 5:39 says to search Scriptures for prophecy fullfilled so we know who Jesus was , Jesus started his ministry reading Isaiah Luke 4:21 KJV so they clearly can know who he was , then he gave them proof by doing what was written in that prophecy .

If by weaponize gospel you mean give proof then we should always give proof why we have faith in that gospel 1 Peter 3:15 KJV

Not sure what that phrase means. If it means strong-arming people into accepting the gospel, then I don't think that's what the Lord would want. A Holy Spirit inspired defense of the gospel is certainly God's will. Peace in Christ:).

When forgiven sinners demand sinners become saved by Obedience to the Law...

Verses...

When forgiven sinners / Beggers show other sinners / beggers where the free key is and where the limitless bread is...

That’s a hint of sorts...

Grace vs. judgment...

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, there's the Gospel (good news), then there's the Person of whom the Gospel speaks. The news of salvation is itself good news. It's the best ever. However, to separate the news Giver from the Gospel itself is to create something never intended to be put forth by Christ or His chosen disciples.

Jesus said that He did not come to bring peace on the earth, but rather a "sword" (Matt. 10:34). There is much wrath and judgement spoken of by the One who is central to the Gospel.

Weaponized? Hmm. I hadn't ever thought of it that way, but driving home our fallen nature that dominates the lives of the lost so that they understand it in order to recognize their need for Christ, that is how people like Billy Graham preached. If the lost see no need for Christ because of the the message given them is only good sounding, with no weaponized dynamic of judgement coupled with it, then they have no reason to believe there is need for them to accept change from the way they are right now.

Judgement and grace go hand in hand because, without acceptance of the grace extended to a sinner, judgement is guaranteed.

I like the two-edged sword imagery of God's word, and what comes forth from the very mouth of Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

“Weaponized Gospel”

Please state the definition of the Gospel.

Then please explain the definition of weaponizing the said Gospel .

I ask for this as about 30% of all gospel discussions deal with a misunderstanding of the Biblical definition of the Gospel.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

PeaceByJesus

Unworthy servant for the Worthy Lord + Savior
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟83,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When forgiven sinners demand sinners become saved by Obedience to the Law...

Verses...

When forgiven sinners / Beggers show other sinners / beggers where the free key is and where the limitless bread is...

That’s a hint of sorts...

Grace vs. judgment...
Why be so cryptic? Based on liberal sources such as support the abomination of homosexual marriage, I suspect weaponizing the Gospel means:
  • 1. Anytime someone condemns what another person is doing.
  • 1A. Preaching to convict sinners of sin, righteousness and judgment.
  • 1B. Taking moral stands on contentious social issues under the presumption that sinners need to realize what is sin based on Scripture.
  • 2. Making sound doctrine a a priority, and contending against basically false gospels.
  • 3. Making moral purity and character a priority, and not just "social justice" issues, as correspondent to saving faith.
  • 4. Making the gospels the self-interpreting standard to the exclusion or marginalization of Acts and the epistles, if even held as Scripture.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@Grip Docility

A rebuke or judgement should be the last resort after every other avenue has been fully and completely exhausted (as I said in another thread that I think you saw)...

Is that what you mean by "weaponized gospel"... I don't know if many of us are very clear on what you mean by that...?

God Bless You @Grip Docility!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If a preacher says only judgemental, criticizing and condemning things and there is only that and no good news in his message, then that is very wrong... You can say the bad stuff "only if" it is first and is backed up second by the good news afterward, cause that's the way the apostles did it (like Paul)... And, using Paul as an example, he always backed up any bad news by explaining it and telling how the bad news he was delivering was connceted to the good news that he was about to go into and explain, and he ended it/them (his messages) on a good note, and the majority of his message was good news and teaching and explaining...

Any preacher or pastor that is just critizing and condemning and being extremely judgmental just to be, well, an arrogant, haughty, self assuming, a-hole, and only to build his own self up and others who would join him in being the way he was/is (in his hypocrisy)... Anyway, that is not good at all, and I think they should be fired...

Anyone who likes preachers like this, is more than likely just like him, and only want to put others down, to make themselves feel higher, and higher with puffed-up, self assuming, haughty and arrogant pride...

Which is definetly, Not good... and not the way the apostles or any true followers of Christ did it... These ones do not really care about or love or really have a heart for the "so-called" sinners, like true followers of Christ did and do... They turly have a heart and genuinely care for sinners, and really hate the bad news, but realize that it is part of the beginning of the good news, that they speak about afterward...

But, any preacher that only speaks bad news and just wants to make everyone else who does not join him in his hypocisy, feel like crap... Well... (and make themselves feel better, I guess, but in the very wrong way though) and in in their heart, they do not really care about sinners, stay away from these ones, IMO...

God Bless!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The lyrics in this song are awesome, and their is wisdom in these words, it is about the church or Christainity as an entity... it is a call to the church or true Christains...

God Bless!

I absolutely love Flyleaf!!! :D

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If a preacher says only judgemental, criticizing and condemning things and there is only that and no good news in his message, then that is very wrong... You can say the bad stuff "only if" it is first and is backed up second by the good news afterward, cause that's the way the apostles did it (like Paul)... And, using Paul as an example, he always backed up any bad news by explaining it and telling how the bad news he was delivering was connceted to the good news that he was about to go into and explain, and he ended it/them (his messages) on a good note, and the majority of his message was good news and teaching and explaining...

Any preacher or pastor that is just critizing and condemning and being extremely judgmental just to be, well, an arrogant, haughty, self assuming, a-hole, and only to build his own self up and others who would join him in being the way he was/is (in his hypocrisy)... Anyway, that is not good at all, and I think they should be fired...

Anyone who likes preachers like this, is more than likely just like him, and only want to put others down, to make themselves feel higher, and higher with puffed-up, self assuming, haughty and arrogant pride...

Which is definetly, Not good... and not the way the apostles or any true followers of Christ did it... These ones do not really care about or love or really have a heart for the "so-called" sinners, like true followers of Christ did and do... They turly have a heart and genuinely care for sinners, and really hate the bad news, but realize that it is part of the beginning of the good news, that they speak about afterward...

But, any preacher that only speaks bad news and just wants to make everyone else who does not join him in his hypocisy, feel like crap... Well... (and make themselves feel better, I guess, but in the very wrong way though) and in in their heart, they do not really care about sinners, stay away from these ones, IMO...

God Bless!
One way to tell if you really have a heart for sinners, is if it "hurts you very much" and makes you feel bad, when delivering or speaking any bad news, rebukes, or judgements...

If it does not, you probably don't...

And, if you do, you will back it up with plenty of good news...

If it does not kinda tend to bring you down, and instead does the opposite, puffs you up and makes you feel better or superior even, well, then...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why be so cryptic? Based on liberal sources such as support the abomination of homosexual marriage, I suspect weaponizing the Gospel means:
  • 1. Anytime someone condemns what another person is doing.
  • 1A. Preaching to convict sinners of sin, righteousness and judgment.
  • 1B. Taking moral stands on contentious social issues under the presumption that sinners need to realize what is sin based on Scripture.
  • 2. Making sound doctrine a a priority, and contending against basically false gospels.
  • 3. Making moral purity and character a priority, and not just "social justice" issues, as correspondent to saving faith.
  • 4. Making the gospels the self-interpreting standard to the exclusion or marginalization of Acts and the epistles, if even held as Scripture.

Usually... sinners know they sin and feel unloved by God.

To be blunt... the Old Baptist preacher that reminds his flock how they fail to the point the paint is blistering off the wall, then follows up with a...

“Wphewwww... thank God for Jesus... or we would have no hope at all...

Now find people that feel as lost as you felt while I was reminding you we all fall short and extend the grace that Jesus extends to you... to them!”

May need a come back! The prosperity gospel of good behavior and monetary reward is eroding every last shred of the truth.

Homosexuality is condemned in the law... did or did not Jesus atone for all sins against the law?

Is Paul a liar?

If you can’t answer the did Jesus stone for all sins against the law Question... chances are... you’re magnifying homosexuality to make yourself feel better about the sins in your life.

How far does 1 John 2:2 reach?

According to you... “almost all the way”.

Hmmmmmmmm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
@Grip Docility

Have you heard these by her, their some of my faves, and her newest album, "life screams" is awesome...

These ones are heavily Christain...

God Bless!

New songs to enjoy!!! Yay!!!!

Thank you ... and... God Bless!!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
New songs to enjoy!!! Yay!!!!

Thank you ... and... God Bless!!
You gotta hear here new album, here is a couple off of it that I really like...

Enjoy!

God Bless!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have begun to question the statement, "We put Christ on that cross...." Frankly, that seems like an attempt at trying to take credit for what we have no power to perform. Jesus went to that cross because He chose obedience to the Father, and He was slain from the foundations of the world, as it is written. We played no active part in putting Him on that cross with Him having been slain from the foundations of the world. We are the beneficiaries of His mercy, grace and love for us. He chose to make us co-heirs with Him. He chose us, the very One who knew the fall was going to happen with all the elements He alone put into that garden.

I'm getting to like the wording "weaponized Gospel." The Gospel is good news, and it has the power to bring about faith, which is indeed a weapon.....against unbelief, and being lost.

So, what this boils down to is perspective. There are bad ways to present the good news, and there are good ways. Jesus called some of the lost people back then a bunch of "vipers" and other unsavory descriptors. Sometimes, you have to call it all as it is, no matter how much some may dislike it. Jesus has been cast out of many modern church organizations for daring to be so honest and forthright. That's the reason for the existence of so many false christs in the world today.

Remember.....Jesus said it Himself that He brought a weapon rather than peace....and He is Love incarnate.

Weaponized Gospel indeed.....

Weaponization gives loving strength and balanced power to the message of good news. It is in that context that those who hear it can know that they can choose to become a part of something so profoundly stable that they will not have to worry about falling out of, nor be plucked from, the Hands of He who can hold onto them firmly if only they will choose Him over the world and self.

You're So Great is a song written by Gayle James, with instrument fill accompaniment by me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You gotta hear here new album, here is a couple off of it that I really like...

Enjoy!

God Bless!

giphy.gif

That means I’m jumping for joy!! :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.