Was the Sabbath given to man at creation as a special day to worship God?

Did Adam and Eve keep each seventh-day Sabbath?

• Yes

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I posted this

Who said God abolished His definition of sin?
Do you believe a person must become physically circumcised and keep the law of Moses, to be saved?
JLB

Given that this has never been how someone has ever been saved - is it your belief that this unchanged fact - somehow deletes commands like "do not take God's name in vain"??

Is that what Christ teaches in Mark 7:6-13?

Where I specifically answered your question. starting with my statement "Given that this has never been how someone has ever been saved -" which a direct answer to your "do you believe you must be circumcised to be saved" question.

Did you also mean to add "Do you think people need to stop taking God's name in vain to be saved?""

=====================
I’m still waiting for you to answer my first question Bob.

Where I specifically answered your question. starting with my statement "Given that this has never been how someone has ever been saved -" which a direct answer to your "do you believe you must be circumcised to be saved" question.

I am wondering how this extra focus on the "disconnect" is helping your point.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Did you also mean to add "Do you think people need to stop taking God's name in vain to be saved?""

I believe we must obey the Lord, to remain in Him.

His Gospel
His Commandments (Law)
His Doctrine

When we have direct scripture that deals with the Sabbath, showing it’s intent in the New Covenant, and people disregard these passages and make up their own set of rules that come from the law of Moses, then they are in error.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I posted this

=====================

You have never specifically answered my question.

Here’s my question—

Do you believe a person must become physically circumcised and keep the law of Moses in order to be saved.

A specific answer would be NO.

JLB

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have never specifically answered my question.
Here’s my question—
Do you believe a person must become physically circumcised and keep the law of Moses in order to be saved.

I see me repeatedly quoting your question and my answer to it as I highliht my answer, put it in italics, underline it, bold type it say everything along the lines of "and there's your answer" while you claim you cannot see it time after time. Perhaps we are having "another" problem of a different sort in that case.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Would you agree that "the saints keep the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:12?
Where the Commandments of God are the ones having the 5th commandment as "the first commandment with promise" Eph 6:1-2

"what matters is keeping the commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19
Where the Commandments of God are the ones having the 5th commandment as "the first commandment with promise" Eph 6:1-2

So then later commands of God are meant to destroy the previous Word of God?

===================
Matt 5
17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. (scripture) I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

This does not appear to be the place where Christ said He is destroying the commandments of God not even the command to not take God's name in vain.

===================

Mark 7
7 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men—the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.”
9 He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition. 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 11 But you say, ‘If a man says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is Corban”—’ (that is, a gift to God), 12 then you no longer let him do anything for his father or his mother, 13 making the word of God of no effect through your tradition which you have handed down. And many such things you do.”

This does not appear to be the place where Christ said He is destroying the commandments of God not even the command to not take God's name in vain.

===================
Matt 19
6 And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 Then he *said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said,
You shall not commit murder; Ex 20
You shall not commit adultery; Ex 20
You shall not steal; Ex 20
You shall not bear false witness; Ex 20
19 Honor your father and mother; Ex 20:12
and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Lev 19:18

====================

Jer 31:31-34 under the NEW Covenant the LAW of God "written on heart and mind"
1 Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"
John 14:12 "the saints KEEP the commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus"
Rom 8:4-11 the wicked "do not and indeed CAN not submit to the Law of God"

Where that Law is the one having the 5th commandment as "the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2

Would you agree that "the saints keep the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:12?

So then later commands of God are meant to destroy the previous Word of God?

===================
Matt 5
17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. (scripture) I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

===================

Mark 7
7 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men—the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.”
9 He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition. 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 11 But you say, ‘If a man says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is Corban”—’ (that is, a gift to God), 12 then you no longer let him do anything for his father or his mother, 13 making the word of God of no effect through your tradition which you have handed down. And many such things you do.”

===================
Matt 19
6 And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 Then he *said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said,
You shall not commit murder; Ex 20
You shall not commit adultery; Ex 20
You shall not steal; Ex 20
You shall not bear false witness; Ex 20
19 Honor your father and mother; Ex 20:12
and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Lev 19:18

====================
You may think I am wrong on this point...
Or you might actually agree with me on this point.

It will be interesting to see which

So then I assume that means you think I am wrong on this point above. Feel free to clarify.

That's fine - I am happy to have this as the point where "we differ".
There is Gen 2:1-3 and Ex 20:11 both pointing to Creation as the time when the Sabbath was made holy/sanctified binding

"For in six days... therefore the Lord blessed... and made it holy" Ex 20:11

Ex 20
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Gen 2
2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Sanctified - set apart for holy use.

Gen 7 and 8 we see distinction between clean and unclean animals not explained "to the reader" until Leviticus 11.

Gen 4 "sin is crouching at your door" -- where the law regarding murder is not explained to the reader until Genesis 9 or Ex 20 etc.

Gen 26:5 Commandments, laws, statutes existed Gen 26:5 that are not explained to the reader until later.

I believe we must obey the Lord, to remain in Him.

His Gospel
His Commandments (Law)
His Doctrine

When we have direct scripture that deals with the Sabbath, showing it’s intent in the New Covenant, and people disregard these passages and make up their own set of rules that come from the law of Moses, then they are in error.

JLB

Good to have agreement on something

Ex 20
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Gen 2
2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

because for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to worship" Is 66:23

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok. Go and find him and literally eat His flesh and literally drink His blood.

Good luck with your quest.

JLB

You said:

"Why not. It was commanded by God." regarding circumcision.

Yes, when your own argument is turned around on you, it does seem foolish doesn't it.

This is what Paul did to the mainstream preachers of his time. He turned their own argument back against them.

Rom. 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?

22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?

23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

This is why I don't tell folks they should cut flesh on their penis, or search for the Flesh of Jesus to eat in order to be saved, even though it appears to be a direct commandment of the Word of God which became Flesh.

Your argument;

"Why not. It was commanded by God."

Exposes in you a misunderstanding about circumcision that I had hoped to help clear up. Alas, to no avail it seems.

Thanks for the discussion anyway.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see me repeatedly quoting your question and my answer to it as I highliht my answer, put it in italics, underline it, bold type it say everything along the lines of "and there's your answer" while you claim you cannot see it time after time. Perhaps we are having "another" problem of a different sort in that case.

Most people would appreciate a direct answer such as yes or no, although some answers do require an explanation, you never bother to simply say yes or no.

Leaving me to assume what your answer may be.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good to have agreement on something

Ex 20

Gen 2

because for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to worship" Is 66:23

Yes, from Sabbath to Sabbath we will come before Him to worship Him, not just on a certain day of the week, but everyday in between.

IOW, not just on the Sabbath as under the law of Moses, but everyday is a day to worship our God.

Paul says the same thing.

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. Romans 14:5

The discussion is not whether their is a Sabbath.

We all know that the 7th day is the Sabbath, and points to the rest to come.

The question is, how we as Christians are to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant?

Please provide scriptures from the New Testaments where Jesus or Paul, instructed Gentiles as to how to observe the Sabbath Under the New Covenant, since you have made it clear that Christians are not under the law of Moses.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You said:

"Why not. It was commanded by God." regarding circumcision.

Yes, when your own argument is turned around on you, it does seem foolish doesn't it.

I have never claimed we are to literally eat the flesh of Jesus or drink His blood, that’s your silly claim, because you don’t understand what Jesus was saying, so it’s certainly not my argument.

My question to you, was do you believe we must become circumcised and keep the law of Moses in order to be saved.

My answer is no.

What’s yours.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, from Sabbath to Sabbath we will come before Him to worship Him, not just on a certain day of the week, but everyday in between.

Don't add to the scripture. There is much significance when God said that ALL FLESH will come before him to worship him on that day. It never says anywhere that all flesh will be coming before him to worship him on everyday. But would we worship God every in a non-corporate way everyday, I am sure. But God requires according to the text a Holy Convocation on that day. It is because that day has been blessed. Show me where in the bible God removed the blessing from the Sabbath.

IOW, not just on the Sabbath as under the law of Moses, but everyday is a day to worship our God.

Paul says the same thing.

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. Romans 14:5

Well the Sabbath was not written by Moses but by God and the Sabbath was made at creation, centuries before Moses.

Paul is talking in Romans 14 about fasting days and feasts days in connection with religions traditions of both the Greeks and the Jews. That is why he said one esteems one day above another. My brother, the Sabbath is not a day that man esteems. God blessed and sanctified it, it means that it is a day that God esteems. Paul is not talking about the Sabbath in Romans 14. Again, he is referring to fast days and other feasts days that were esteemed to be holy by men which were connected either to idol worship and sacrifice, or to ceremonial services under the law of Moses.

The discussion is not whether their is a Sabbath.

We all know that the 7th day is the Sabbath, and points to the rest to come.

The question is, how we as Christians are to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant?

Please provide scriptures from the New Testaments where Jesus or Paul, instructed Gentiles as to how to observe the Sabbath Under the New Covenant, since you have made it clear that Christians are not under the law of Moses.

JLB

In the new testament the Sabbath issue was never under contention like the issues of circumcision, etc. What we find in the New Testament is a record of Sabbath observance continuing and not one change to it. In Jesus' days what we find is Jesus demonstrating and explaining true Sabbath keeping. The burden is one you to show scripture in the NT where people were commanded no longer to keep the Sabbath because it was already there. We see numerous examples especially in the book of Acts of both Jews and Greeks meeting to worship on the Sabbath and only one example in Acts of Paul having a service on Sunday which can be very easily explained in the text itself.

Furthermore, who was the New Covenant made with? For some reason many christians seems to believe that the new covenant is for us as the "church" and in the future God has to continue to old covenant with Israel. The bible tells us that the New Covenant was made with the house of Israel, therefore, under the new covenant there is no difference between the Jew or the Greek. So the premise of your question to find a specific command to Gentiles is faulty because it implies that either Gentiles have a different set of rules under the new covenant than Jews, or that only Gentiles are under the New Covenant and Jews are not.

Reactions: Studyman
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have never claimed we are to literally eat the flesh of Jesus or drink His blood, that’s your silly claim, because you don’t understand what Jesus was saying, so it’s certainly not my argument.

My question to you, was do you believe we must become circumcised and keep the law of Moses in order to be saved.

My answer is no.

What’s yours.
JLB

No, but you claimed God's Law commands that I must cut skin off my penis before He will forgive me of my Sins. You are perfectly willing to accept the Christ's reference to eating His Flesh as a Spiritual command, but stubbornly refuse the give HIS father the same Judgment on the topic of Circumcision, even when it is clear He is interested in Circumcision, or "change" of heart.

It's quite sad we can't engage in a discussion about what these word's really mean.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Who said God abolished His definition of sin?
Do you believe a person must become physically circumcised and keep the law of Moses, to be saved?
JLB

Given that this has never been how someone has ever been saved - is it your belief that this unchanged fact - somehow deletes commands like "do not take God's name in vain"??

Is that what Christ teaches in Mark 7:6-13?

=====================
I’m still waiting for you to answer my first question Bob.

=========================================================

Most people would appreciate a direct answer such as yes or no, although some answers do require an explanation,

There is an old gimmick that children in school sometimes play .. regarding the question "have you stopped beating your dog? -- yes? or No!" --
Yes implies you used to beat your dog
No states you are beating your dog still

The question is asked to avoid the obvious answer "no that never was the case to start with" -- then in that story the questioner just circles back to "yes or no are the only answers I will accept"

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We see numerous examples especially in the book of Acts of both Jews and Greeks meeting to worship on the Sabbath and only one example in Acts of Paul having a service on Sunday which can be very easily explained in the text itself.

Furthermore, who was the New Covenant made with? For some reason many christians seems to believe that the new covenant is for us as the "church" and in the future God has to continue to old covenant with Israel. The bible tells us that the New Covenant was made with the house of Israel, therefore, under the new covenant there is no difference between the Jew or the Greek. So the premise of your question to find a specific command to Gentiles is faulty because it implies that either Gentiles have a different set of rules under the new covenant than Jews, or that only Gentiles are under the New Covenant and Jews are not.

That's true and also - we have gentiles specifically singled out in Isaiah 56:6-8 for blessing if they choose "not to profane My Sabbath" - telling us that even in the OT there was such a thing as gentiles that either chose to profane the "Sabbath of the LORD YHWH" Ex 20:10 or chose not to.

And in Isaiah 66:23 "ALL MANKIND" are supposed to come before God "from Sabbath to Sabbath" to bow down and worship - for all eternity, after the cross, in the New Earth.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, but you claimed God's Law commands that I must cut skin off my penis before He will forgive me of my Sins.

Please show the post number where I said this?

I asked you is you believe a person must become physically circumcised and keep the law of Moses in order to be saved?

It’s a yes or no question.

My answer is no.

The law of Moses has been abolished in His flesh, having been nailed to the cross and taken out of the way.

So your claim, that I said you must become physically circumcised couldn’t possibly be valid.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

=====================

=========================================================

There is an old gimmick that children in school sometimes play .. regarding the question "have you stopped beating your dog? -- yes? or No!" --
Yes implies you used to beat your dog
No states you are beating your dog still

The question is asked to avoid the obvious answer "no that never was the case to start with" -- then in that story the questioner just circles back to "yes or no are the only answers I will accept"

If you don’t believe a person must become physically circumcised and keep the law of Moses to be saved, then why do you keep quoting from the law of Moses concerning the Sabbath?

JLB

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God does not have to prove to anyone that He is just. The idea of Jesus going over the book of records for 170+ years to pick out those fit to save and cull all others is such a preposterous notion. If proof is needed it should not have been the Godhead doing the picking. It should have been someone that is totally unbiased. Jesus knows His sheep and if we cannot trust this then the whole plan of salvation was/is a sham.

Without ever opening the Bible to the book of Daniel to prove the IJ we know the little flock was trying to come up with an explanation as to why Jesus didn't return. They took Miller's theory, twisted it, and out came the IJ the face saving explanation they needed never suspecting that 170 years later Jesus would be still there counting. All the Earth and everything in it was made in six days.... God knows us even when were in the loins of Adam. Without ever studying Daniels dreams we know the IJ is nothing but a complete sham.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you don’t believe a person must become physically circumcised and keep the law of Moses to be saved, then why do you keep quoting from the law of Moses concerning the Sabbath?

JLB

The law of Moses never saved anybody so why did anybody else quote from the law of Moses. Still looking out for your response to my post.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you don’t believe a person must become physically circumcised and keep the law of Moses to be saved, then why do you keep quoting from the law of Moses ...
JLB

Because as scholars on both sides of the Sabbath debate agree - the TEN are included in the moral law of God written on the heart under the NEW Covenant of Jer 31:31-34... so then it is "still sin" to "take God's name in vain". (an answer to that same question you have seen from me at least a dozen times)

And nothing in the Bible says "if Moses wrote it - it must not be true" rather it is the opposite -- as all Bible scholars agree and so says Christ Himself in Mark 7:6-13

That gets us to the "all scripture" statement in 2 Tim 3:16 for doctrine.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please show the post number where I said this?

I said;

"I do not believe cutting some flesh off my penis will save me as the examples written for my admonition clearly show. The Israelite's were physically circumcised and yet this didn't keep them from falling in the wilderness."

You said;

"Why not. It was commanded by God."

The law of Moses has been abolished in His flesh, having been nailed to the cross and taken out of the way.

Where is it written in the Holy Scriptures that Jesus took HIS Father's Commandments, that HE told us to keep, and nailed them to His Cross? That's a big deal, there must be Prophesies of this huge event written all over the Law and Prophets. Can you provide even one Prophesy in the Holy Scriptures which foretell of the Messiah taking God's Good, Just, and Holy Laws "out of the way"? And if you can't, then where does this preaching come from?

So your claim, that I said you must become physically circumcised couldn’t possibly be valid. JLB

What I did was return your own words back on you. Since you can not even accept your own words, coming from your own mouth, imagine how distasteful they might be to others.

Why not actually discuss what the Holy Scriptures teach about circumcision, "EVERY WORD of God" as Jesus instructs? What does it mean to "circumcise the foreskins of your heart" and be no more stiffnecked?

I posted HIS Words, but you chose not even to address them, no discussion at all. What is the God of the Bibles meaning behind circumcision, eating the Flesh of Jesus, not muzzling the OX, etc.

These things were important to Paul.

What Paul teaches about physical circumcision he learned from the OT examples written for our admonition. He didn't teach against the Law and Prophets, HE taught against the mainstream preachers and their teaching for doctrines the Commandments of men, that had led God's People astray for centuries. There is no ordinance of God in the entire Bible which is against us. Only doctrines and traditions of men. AS Jesus said;

"For they (Pharisees, not God) bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers."

And again:

Matt. 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

It was these handwriting of ordinances, that men created, which are against us, that had caused men to go astray for centuries. Not's God's Words as you preach here.

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Jesus exposed the false teaching of the only God of Abraham preaching people on the planet. It was their "Commandments of Men" that deceived men. Not the Words of God as your teaching implies.

And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Jesus didn't "spoil" God or HIS Word's as your preaching implies. Jesus didn't make a show of GOD's Commandments "openly" He didn't "Triumph" over God or God's Words.

He lived in them, contrary to the mainstream preaching of the land HE was born into. HE rejected their religion that they claimed was from God, and lived by "EVERY WORD" of God instead of their "commandments of men". So whose Commandments ruled the day? Was it the principalities and powers of that time? "We have a Law, and by OUR Law, HE should die". Is Jesus dead?? NO! God Raised HIM from death and made a show of them and their ordinances openly. God triumphed over them in the resurrection of Christ, nailing their religion, which was contrary to men, to the Cross.

What you are promoting is ancient religious doctrines and traditions of men which falsely preach it was God's Law that caused mankind their problems, so Jesus came back to "take HIS LAW" out of the way. This is widely believed, but is simply not true if the Scriptures are the source of our information.

Upvote 0