Was the Sabbath given to man at creation as a special day to worship God?

Did Adam and Eve keep each seventh-day Sabbath?

• Yes

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I would like to challenge Christians who keep a weekly Sabbath. I plan to start a new thread for each of the questions. To begin I would like to ask, was the Sabbath given to man at creation as a special day to worship God?

Let's look at the relevant text:

By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work he had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made. (Genesis 2:2-3)​

Here God rested after He worked and blessed His day of rest. There is no command for humanity. There is no explicit instruction that every seventh day thereafter is blessed, nor is there instruction for mankind to respond in any particular way.

In the same vein, is there any record of mankind keeping a Sabbath day from Adam to Moses? There are a few places where the bible teaches God gave the Sabbath as a sign in the Mosaic Covenant:

“Also I gave them [Israel] My Sabbaths...” (Ezekiel 20:12-13)​

“Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy. Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you.’” (Exodus 31:13-14)​

“‘It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’” (Exodus 31:17)​

In support of this, Judaism itself has always taught that the Sabbath was given in the Mosaic Covenant, not at creation. For example Judaism teaches of the Seven Laws of Noah which are for Jews and Gentiles. But these do not include a Sabbath. So while there is a first mention of a Sabbath in Genesis, it seems the first instructions to keep it were introduced through Moses.

What do you think about this?

(Please stay on this point only and do not give other arguments promoting a Sabbath. I would like this thread to be about the one question, was there a seventh-day Sabbath for mankind originating with God and given to Adam? Or was it given to Moses and the Israelites? I would also prefer that you make logical arguments rather than preaching or posting multiple Bible verses that are only vaguely applicable).

I look forward to learning more and being challenged.

Peace.

Last edited:

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I would like to challenge Christians who keep a weekly Sabbath. I plan to start a new thread for each of the questions. To begin I would like to ask, was the Sabbath given to man at creation as a special day to worship God?

By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work he had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made. (Genesis 2:2-3)​

Here God rested after He worked and blessed His day of rest. There is no command for humanity. There is no explicit instruction that every seventh day thereafter is blessed, nor is there instruction for mankind to respond in any particular way.

In the same vein, is there any record of mankind keeping a Sabbath day from Adam to Moses? There are a few places where the bible teaches God gave the Sabbath as a sign in the Mosaic Covenant:

“Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy. Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you.’” (Exodus 31:13-14)​

“‘It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’” (Exodus 31:17)​

In support of this, Judaism itself has always taught that the Sabbath was given in the Mosaic Covenant, not at creation. For example Judaism teaches of the Seven Laws of Noah which are for Jews and Gentiles. But these do not include a Sabbath. So while there is a first mention of a Sabbath in Genesis, it seems the first instructions to keep it were given at Sinai.

(Please stay on this point only and do not give other arguments promoting a Sabbath. I would like this thread to be about the one question, was there a seventh-day Sabbath for mankind originating with God and given to Adam? Or was it given to Moses and the Israelites? I would also prefer that you make logical arguments rather than preaching or posting multiple Bible verses that are only vaguely applicable).

Peace.

Ok thanks for moving this here.

Let's remove all of the man made teachings and traditions that are out there and take the word of God and see what God's Word says as to when the "SEVENTH DAY SABBATH" was created for all mankind.

Let's start in the book of GENESIS at the end of all creation on the "SEVENTH DAY OF THE CREATION WEEK" where it is written

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], THIS THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH WERE FINISHED, AND ALL THE HOST OF THEM. [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made.

NOTE: CREATION was finished in six days *GENESIS 1:1-31; GENESIS 2:1-2 at this time (7th Day) God RESTED *GENESIS 2:2. God then set apart the "SEVENTH DAY" from the other days of the week and "BLESSED" the "SEVENTH DAY" and made the "SEVENTH DAY" a "HOLY DAY" of "REST" as God RESTED from all the work that he had made on the "SEVENTH DAY" of creation.

QUESTION: WHERE IS THE SABBATH IN GENESIS 2:1-3 IN CREATION?

ANSWER: In "RESTING"! The Hebrew word for "RESTING; RESTED or REST"(God's REST; *GENESIS 2:2-3) is the Hebrew word and verb for "OBSERVE OR KEEP SABBATH" (שָׁבַת shâbath). It is how the Sabbath is kept

RESTED 7673. שָׁבַת shâbath, shaw-bath´; a prim. root; to repose, i.e. desist from exertion; used in many impl. relations (caus., fig. or spec.):—(cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep or observe the sabbath, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

The HEBREW word for REST; RESTED (שָׁבַת shâbath) is the verb of doing or keeping the SABBATH (שַׁבָּת shabbâth) noun. שָׁבַת shâbath (H7673) is the root word and verb of the noun form of the Hebrew word H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth which means intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: - (+ every) sabbath.

There was no H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth before the first sabbath rest was created so the Hebrew Word H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth cannot be used in GENESIS 2:1-3 as there was no noun for something that was not previously created.

So GENESIS 2:1-3 shows us the "ORIGIN" of Gods' "SEVENTH DAY SABBATH" in creation. It was the result of God's "FINISHED WORK" of creation where God "RESTED" from all His Works, "BLESSED" and set apart the "SEVENTH DAY" as a "HOLY DAY" OF "REST" *GENESIS 2:1-3 for "ALL MANKIND" as shown by JESUS in...

MARK 2:27 [27], And he said to them, THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN and not man for the Sabbath.

The Greek word used here for MAN is G444 ἄνθρωπος; anthrōpos From G435 and ὤψ ōps (the countenance ; from G3700); manfaced, that is, a human being: - certain, man.

Now all the above proves that God's SABBATH has it's origin in the "SEVENTH DAY" of the creation week where GOD "RESTED" (God's REST) kept the "SEVENTH DAY" and "SET IT APART" from all the other days of the week and "BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY" as a "HOLY DAY OF REST FOR ALL MANKIND *GENESIS 2:1-3; MARK 2:27.

Let's prove this once and for all so there is no doubt (but we can still go further as we will see). We have looked at the Hebrew Word for Sabbath which is the verb for "KEEPING SABBATH or SABABTH OBSERVANCE by "RESTING", let's look now at God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments and the Hebrew Word used here for the noun of what is being kept by "RESTING" H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth...

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY, TO KEEP IT HOLY [Made Holy at creation GENESIS 2:3]. [9], Six days shall you labor, and do all your work: [10], But THE SEVENTH DAY [ Genesis 2:1-3] IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD : in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: [WHY?] [11], FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY; WHEREFORE THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY. [Refering to GENESIS 2:1-3]

NOTE: The SABBATH in creation being part of a "FINISHED" work of God's creation we are to look back. God says "REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY TO KEEP IT HOLY" *EXODUS 20:8. What is the day that God made a HOLY DAY in GENESIS 2:1-3? It was the "SEVENTH DAY"! GENESIS 2:3 [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: because that in it he had RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] from all his work which God created and made. Now notice in EXODUS 20:10 which day is the SABBATH DAY? [10] But THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD. This is the day that God "BLESSED and set apart and made as a "HOLY DAY OF REST" in GENESIS 2:2-3. This is the day that God "RESTED" and "KEPT THE SABBATH (verb שָׁבַת shâbath H7673 to KEEP SABBATH).

Now the drum roll please....

Why are we to keep God's 4th commandment "SEVENTH DAY SABBATH"? The answer is clearly given in EXODUS 20:11 which points back to GENESIS 2:1-3 on the "SEVENTH DAY OF CREATION" [11], FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY; WHEREFORE THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY. This is refering to GENESIS 2:1-3 nearly word for word.

BOOM! Did you catch that? God's Word says in the 4th Commandment of God's 10 Commandment, that the first SABBATH has its ORIGIN from the "SEVENTH DAY" of creation quoting GENESIS 2:1-3!

As shown above the scriptures alone clearly teach that God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH from God's 4th commandment has its origin in GENESIS 2:1-3 on the "SEVENTH DAY" of the creation week where God "BLESSED" and made the "SEVENTH DAY" a "HOLY DAY" of "REST" (verb שָׁבַת shâbath H7673 to KEEP SABBATH).

Want more????

This links directly into the new testament scriptures of believing the gospel of our Lord JESUS Christ here...

HEBREWS 4:1-11
[1], Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into HIS REST, any of you should seem to come short of it.
[2], For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into MY REST: ALTHOUGH THE WORKS WERE FINISHED FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.
[4], FOR HE SPOKE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (GENSIS 2:1-3) OF THE SEVENTH DAY ON THIS WISE, AND GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS.
[5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into MY REST.

NOTE
: CONTEXT is God's REST from the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5) and those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD did on the SEVENTH DAY of the week. CONTEXT is GOD's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST and those who BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD enter into that rest which God's WORD defines as the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH which is GOD'S REST!

HEBREWS 4:9 SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

CONCLUSION: God 4th Commandment has it's origin in creation BEFORE SIN, BEFORE ANY JEWS OR ISRAEL, BEFORE ANY PLAN OF SALVATION WAS NEEDED, WHEN MANKIND WAS IN PERFECT HARMONY and walked with God. JESUS says that the SABBATH WAS MAN FOR MANKIND!

Therefore God's "SEVENTH DAY SABBATH" is impossible to

1. Be only for ISRAEL or any JEW as there was when JESUS says it was created for all mankind.

2. Cannot be a "shadow law" as there was NO SIN and NO LAW and mankind was in perfect harmony with God. The "shadow laws" were only given as a part of God's plan of salvation AFTER the fall when mankind sinned.

3. There was no plan of salvation as mankind did not need saving as there was no sin when God made the Sabbath for all mankind.

4. After the fall of mankind when much of man departed from God and went there own way God gave his Sabbath to all those who believed and followed his Word and named them ISRAEL. In the NEW COVENANT God's ISRAEL (the Church) are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD * EPHESIANS 2:11-13; GALATIANS 3:28-29; ROMANS 9:6-8; ROMANS 2:28-29; COLOSSIANS 3:11. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 10:26-27. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27.

Now that this has been put to rest, there is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says Gods 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a HOLY day of rest. This is a man made tradition and teaching handed down by the Roman Catholic church that has led many away from God into sin either knowinglt or unknowingly. God has His poeple in every Church living up to all the knowledge of his Word he has been pleased to reveal to them *JOHN 10:16 but the hour is coming and now is that God is calling his true followers to worship him in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and those who worship him must worship him in Spirit and in truth *JOHN 4:23-24. God is calling us all out from following man made teachings that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:2-9 back to the pure Word of God. Time to leave BABYLON that great mother of Halots and return to the pure Word of God.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word of God). Those who do not hear will not follow.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know you could go to the Sabbath and law forum right and discuss this there

He posted this in the the Sabbath and law forum.

instead of trying to derail this thread?

He is the OP and he hasn't derailed his own thread.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He posted this in the the Sabbath and law forum.

He is the OP and he hasn't derailed his own thread.

Yep sorry I thought I was in the Sola scriptura thread in the controversy forum. Thanks, I made some adjustments to the response as we started discussing that in another thread.

God bless.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths.
Sabbaths. Plural. The holidays throughout the year. Yet the Jews also rested and fasted on the seventh day, breaking fast (breakfast) at the end of the seventh.

Moses taught the seventh day was the sabbath of the Lord, His day of rest and the Israelites were to remember it to keep it holy. God's day to sleep in so keep the racket down.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

In support of this, Judaism itself has always taught that the Sabbath was given in the Mosaic Covenant, not at creation. For example Judaism teaches of the Seven Laws of Noah which are for Jews and Gentiles. But these do not include a Sabbath. So while there is a first mention of a Sabbath in Genesis, it seems the first instructions to keep it were given at Sinai.

Peace.
The sabbath was made for man. Everyone needs a break from work. Ignoring a day of rest is one reason why so many people suffer physically and mentally. Which day that is no longer matters,

• Informative
Upvote 0

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for replying.

The HEBREW word for REST; RESTED (שָׁבַת shâbath) is the verb of doing or keeping the SABBATH (שַׁבָּת shabbâth) noun. שָׁבַת shâbath (H7673) is the root word and verb of the noun form of the Hebrew word H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth which means intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: - (+ every) sabbath.

God kept the seventh day of His creation as a Sabbath rest. How is this in opposition to the Hebrew word for rest?

So GENESIS 2:1-3 shows us the "ORIGIN" of Gods' "SEVENTH DAY SABBATH" in creation. It was the result of God's "FINISHED WORK" of creation where God "RESTED" from all His Works, "BLESSED" and set apart the "SEVENTH DAY" as a "HOLY DAY" OF "REST" *GENESIS 2:1-3 for "ALL MANKIND" as shown by JESUS in...

MARK 2:27 [27], And he said to them, THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN and not man for the Sabbath.

When you say for "all mankind" and you are referencing Jesus, "The Sabbath was made for man", wouldn't it also make sense that He was speaking with regard to the Israelites? If He made it for only the Israelites He could still say "The Sabbath was made for man", no? Just as He says "I gave them My Sabbaths" in multiple places where "them" means Israelites, not "all mankind".

BOOM! Did you catch that? God's Word says in the 4th Commandment of God's 10 Commandment, that the first SABBATH has its ORIGIN from the "SEVENTH DAY" of creation quoting GENESIS 2:1-3!

Right, it has it's origin and refers back to the creation account, but I still don't see any specific instruction for anyone to keep a Sabbath between Adam and Moses.

• Informative
Upvote 0

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The sabbath was made for man. Everyone needs a break from work. Ignoring a day of rest is one reason why so many people suffer physically and mentally. Which day that is no longer matters,

I take it you do not believe God began a seventh-day timeline from His first seventh-day rest that continued on from Adam through to us today.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How about the OP, do you believe God commanded seventh-day rest for man at creation?

What evidence is there that man knew of and practiced the Sabbath before Israel leaving Egypt?

Exo_16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

Looks like a first introduction and instruction about how to conduct the Sabbath in this chapter.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What evidence is there that man knew of and practiced the Sabbath before Israel leaving Egypt?

Exo_16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

Looks like a first introduction and instruction about how to conduct the Sabbath in this chapter.

JESUS says that the SABBATH was made for mankind in MARK 2:27. ADAM and EVE were created on the sixth day of creation *GENESIS 1:26-31 and the Sabbath was created on the seventh day as a memorial of God's creation where God set apart and "BLESSED the "seventh day" of the week as a HOLY DAY of REST"

Also note EXODUS 16 that you quoted. Gods people knew about the Sabbath before the 10 commandments were given at Mt Sinai.

God bless

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for replying.

God kept the seventh day of His creation as a Sabbath rest. How is this in opposition to the Hebrew word for rest?

When you say for "all mankind" and you are referencing Jesus, "The Sabbath was made for man", wouldn't it also make sense that He was speaking with regard to the Israelites? If He made it for only the Israelites He could still say "The Sabbath was made for man", no? Just as He says "I gave them My Sabbaths" in multiple places where "them" means Israelites, not "all mankind".

Right, it has it's origin and refers back to the creation account, but I still don't see any specific instruction for anyone to keep a Sabbath between Adam and Moses.

Your kind of missing the points of all the scriptures provided earlier that prove that...

The reason why God's 4th Commandment was created was for mankind *MARK 2:27 has it's origin in creation BEFORE SIN, BEFORE ANY JEWS OR ISRAEL, BEFORE ANY PLAN OF SALVATION WAS NEEDED, WHEN MANKIND WAS IN PERFECT HARMONY and walked with God. JESUS says that the SABBATH WAS MAN FOR MANKIND!

Therefore God's "SEVENTH DAY SABBATH" is impossible to

1. Be only for ISRAEL or any JEW as there was when JESUS says it was created for all mankind.

2. Cannot be a "shadow law" as there was NO SIN and NO LAW and mankind was in perfect harmony with God. The "shadow laws" were only given as a part of God's plan of salvation AFTER the fall when mankind sinned.

3. There was no plan of salvation as mankind did not need saving as there was no sin when God made the Sabbath for all mankind.

4. After the fall of mankind when much of man departed from God and went there own way God gave his Sabbath to all those who believed and followed his Word and named them ISRAEL. In the NEW COVENANT God's ISRAEL (the Church) are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD * EPHESIANS 2:11-13; GALATIANS 3:28-29; ROMANS 9:6-8; ROMANS 2:28-29; COLOSSIANS 3:11. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 10:26-27. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27.

HEBREWS 4 links to GENESIS 2:1-3 as God's rest that we are to enter into by believing and following God's Word. It is impossible for the Sabbath to be a shadow of anything as it was a part of the finsihed word of creation before sin and God's plan of salvation when man was in perfect harmony with God.

HEBREWS 4:9 THEREFORE IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH (Aramaic)

Hope this helps.

• Informative
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for replying.God kept the seventh day of His creation as a Sabbath rest. How is this in opposition to the Hebrew word for rest?
It's not the HEBREW Word for REST was posted and means *KEEP SABBATH it is the verb root word for Sabbath. Sabbths is the noun form of what is being kept by RESTING.
As posted in the post you are quoting from if JESUS meant JEW or ISRAELITE he would have said so. The GREEK Word used shown in the post you are quoting from already shows the words used here for man is ἄνθρωπος; anthrōpos which means human beings.

The Greek word used here for MAN is G444 ἄνθρωπος; anthrōpos From G435 and ὤψ ōps (the countenance ; from G3700); manfaced, that is, a human being: - certain, man.
You have missed the point here. EXODUS 20:8-11 was posted to proves that the origin of the SABBATH was in creation. It is a memorial which means it points back to creation and God's FINISHED Work. If does not point forward to anything.

Hope this helps

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Also note EXODUS 16 that you quoted. Gods people knew about the Sabbath before the 10 commandments were given at Mt Sinai.

How do we know that?

• Informative
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How do we know that?
GENESIS 26:5 show that before the written word of God there was the spoken Word of God * GENESIS 3:1-3; 9; 11-19 8:15; 9:8; 24:7; 31:11 etc) and Gods people had His laws before the written Word of God at Mt Sinai. EXODUS 16 also proves this same point.

• Informative
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,516.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Peace.
All the sabbaths that belong to the Lord given through Moses were in reference to the Messiah (Jesus Christ)...”a mankind”.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,516.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GENESIS 26:5 show that before the written word of God there was the spoken Word of God * GENESIS 3:1-3; 9; 11-19 8:15; 9:8; 24:7; 31:11 etc) and Gods people had His laws before the written Word of God at Mt Sinai. EXODUS 16 also proves this same point.
Spoken Word must match up with the written Word..

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How about the OP, do you believe God commanded seventh-day rest for man at creation?
Did not the Israelites 'shabbat' while in Egypt, before Moses gave the commandment? Therefore they has been aware of the rest somewhere before in time.

• Informative
Upvote 0