Was the Sabbath given to man at creation as a special day to worship God?

Did Adam and Eve keep each seventh-day Sabbath?

• Yes

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For example?
The law cannot save anyone.

God is the one who determines who is righteous in the end and not us. No matter how well you follow the law, ultimately the righteousness of Christ is all that matters in the end. That righteousness is a free gift given to those that believe in Jesus.

Do you believe a person can be saved by believing in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

God is the one who determines who is righteous in the end and not us. No matter how well you follow the law, ultimately the righteousness of Christ is all that matters in the end. That righteousness is a free gift given to those that believe in Jesus.

Do you believe a person can be saved by believing in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

So did Yahshua's teachings die with him on the cross too?

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So did Yahshua's teachings die with him on the cross too?

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.
His teaching never dies with him on the cross rather it continues through His apostles and grows within the hearts of His people.

Matthew 24:35...Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away...

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What Law? You are preaching the they were teaching Gods law. But the entire Bible teaches they were not.

Paul says he believes the law and prophets. But he didn’t believe in the Pharisees religion.

so why are you supporting the Pharisees religion and not the Christ’s
What's highligted in pink above are false statements. You're confusing what's written by Luke in Acts 15. What law? Answer: The Mosaic Law given at Sinai.
We're interpreting what Act 15 is saying.
Act 15:1¶And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

Did we say anything about what Pharisees taught? These men were Jewish converts that kept the law. They were circumcised. Maybe they meant well but they were not sent.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wait, hang on,

A. Pharisees teach extra laws beyond the Mosaic Law

That is a religious doctrine that I have heard. But that isn't what Jesus said about them, nor is it what the Prophets said about them. I think it is important to accept the Christ's Judgment of them.

Jesus said they taught for doctrines the commandments of men, not God. HE said they "OMITTED" the Weightier Matters of the Law, not that they kept the Law but "added" a few extra ones. The Prophets teach that they refused to walk in His Law, that they despised and Polluted His Sabbaths. Not that they walked in His Law but "added" to them.

Zechariahs walked in the Commandments of God. Simeon and the wise men, and Anna submitted themselves to the God of the Bible. But the Pharisees did not. Had the mainstream preachers of His time walked as Zechariahs walked, would they also have known Jesus when HE came to them? Where does the doctrine which implies that the Pharisees were obedient to God's Laws but just added a few come from?

B. Some teach the Mosaic Law was nailed to the cross and is forever and completely obsolete in the life of a New Covenant believer

You seem to be saying A=B, what have I missed?

Yes, I have also heard this doctrine. But again, the Bible doesn't seem to agree. To believe such a doctrine I would have to believe God's Laws "Thou Shall Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and "thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself", and all that hang on them are "Against me" or were against them. Jesus said, regarding HIS Father's Sabbath Commandment, that this Law was made for me, not made "Against" me.

I would also have to think the exact opposite of what Jesus said to think.

"Think not that I come to destroy the Law and Prophets". Yet the very foundation of doctrine "B" you described is based on that very thought.

So there is a great disconnect here between "Every Word of God" that Jesus said man is to "Live by", and the doctrines and religious views that "Some teach".

So then, if a person considers "Every Word of God" it becomes clear that both doctrines A & B are equally untrue, and are based on the views of "Some" Religious men, not the Holy Scriptures.

According to the Scriptures, the New Covenant the Christ promised was in respect to how Transgressions of God's Law are atoned for, and How God's Laws, that are for us, are administered. There is nothing in the Bible that says God redefined His Judgments or redefined the definition of sin in the New Covenant. But "some men" teach that He did just that.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I contend that God's Laws are God's Laws, not Noah's. I agree with you that God first gave them to men in the beginning. Certainly Noah knew of God's Laws. The difference between Clean and Unclean animals, not to look at the nakedness of their father, etc.

I think it is presumptuous to declare to the world that Noah knew about God's Creation of clean and unclean animals, but didn't know about the creation of the Holy, Sanctified, 7th day that God Hallowed. But the text doesn't define God's Laws until after the first Book of the Bible.

So did Noah know about God's Holy Sabbath? It's hard to imagine that he walked with God and God told him about the difference between cattle and pigs, and not to look on the nakedness of his father, but not about the Sabbath Rest of creation.

But the Bible doesn't say.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really? The law of Moses says "You must be circumcised and keep the law." What you're talking about is NOT written in Acts 15. Where does Paul say that Pharisees was not teaching the law of Moses? That's added commentary to confuse the facts that the Apostles did not send them to teach the law.

Act 15:24 For as much as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

I don't consider the Word's of the Christ "added commentary". Truly the Pharisees were promoting a "LAW" and they certainly did call this law the "Law of Moses". But to believe they were trying to get the New Converts to follow God's Laws, I must reject and omit "EVERY" Word Jesus said about them. Why would I even want to do such a thing.

Upvote 0

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I contend that God's Laws are God's Laws, not Noah's.

It is statements like this that make it difficult to discuss the topic with you. How are we meant to differentiate between covenants if we call them all the same thing, "God's covenant"? There are many covenants God made with people and we need to distinguish between them by using the persons name that made the covenant with God on behalf of the people. Noah's Law is clearly the best way to do this. It has nothing to do with it being "only Noahs Law and not God's Law". You are being overly argumentative and difficult.

I think it is presumptuous to declare to the world that Noah knew about God's Creation of clean and unclean animals, but didn't know about the creation of the Holy, Sanctified, 7th day that God Hallowed.

The opposite is true. The Bible doesn't say it so it is presumption to believe it does.

But the Bible doesn't say.

If the Bible doesn't say, then why presume it does? It seems to me you are completely going against your own standards here. I believe there are things the bible is silent on that are true, for sure. But the bible is not silent on this point. The bible clearly says the Sabbath was given to man through Moses. It originated at creation but was given much later to a slave minded people who worked 7 days a week with no rest.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Who taught you that? Where does this teaching of your's come from?

They read God's Word every Sabbath, but didn't follow them. God sent Prophets to them warning about what would happen to them and they rejected and killed the Prophets. Can you show me some scriptures where the Bible says the Pharisees, children of the devil, deceivers, murderers, liars and hypocrites were actually experts on the Law?

Rom. 2: 17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?

22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? 23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? 24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

They were experts in the religion they created, but they were ignorant of God's Laws.

The Pharisees interpreted the law.

The Pharisees added oral tradition to the law.

The Pharisees taught the law.

Where does this teaching come from? Jesus said they taught for Doctrines the Commandments of men, not God.

The Pharisees/Levite Priests were supposed to interpret God's Laws. But God said Levi corrupted God's Priesthood Covenant God made with them..

You also preach they "added" oral tradition to God's Law. Can you find any Holy Scripture from the Bible to support this preaching of yours?

Jesus they they "omitted" the weightier matters of God's Law. Not that they followed God's Laws and just added to it.

If I am missing some Scriptures which support your religious doctrine, please show them to me.

The Pharisees were external in their dedication to God.

They were cold and unsympathetic to sinners.

The Pharisees enforced the law.

Paul was a Pharisee before his conversion and a passionate Pharisee to say the least.

What Law did the Pharisees enforce? Commandments of God or Commandments of Men? Who did they pick to released from prison, the sinner, or the non-sinner? Was Paul obeying God before his conversion?

What happens when religious men build doctrines on top of a false teaching?

I have heard for 25 years from religious men who preach that the Pharisees were trying to earn salvation by following God's Laws and Commandments "to the letter".

This religious belief is at the very foundation of this post of yours. Paul was "zealous for the traditions of his fathers", the same fathers that murdered the Prophets God sent them. The same religion which placed a Yoke on the necks of their fathers that they were not able to bear.

The Pharisees were not rejected because they were striving to be obedient to God. But that is the implication of the preaching of many, who come in Christ's name.

The early Christian church had Pharisees in attendance as we see in Acts 15.

Once again, the issue in the text (Acts 15) is not about additions to, or the interpretation of the law. The issue was whether Gentiles needed to be under the law to be Christians. As all the apostles and Jesus Himself were under the law.

A very fair question to say the least and no wonder that everyone gathered, to solve this vexing question.

The decision of the council arrived after considerable debate, I might add.

Peter stated in earlier days that Gentiles became Christians and received the Holy Spirit.

Acts 10:15
Again a voice came to him a second time, “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy."

God told Peter that a Gentile is holy and cleansed by believing in Jesus.

Peter knew that God reconciled Gentiles without the law and so did Paul.

Yes, what God has cleansed. And yes, the Apostles did not want the New Converts to be brought under the religious doctrines and Commandments of men that the Pharisees had burdened them and their fathers with for centuries. A religion which had rejected God's Laws and created their own righteousness.

Don't follow the Pharisees religion, walk like Jesus did. So they rejected the Pharisees version of the Law of Moses, and told them instead to abstain from certain sins common to them. And to go hear from Moses on the Sabbath, something they had already been doing.

Believe in the Word's of Jesus, not the Pharisees. Listen to Moses and "do what he says", don't be a hearer of the Law, but a "doer of the Law". Same message from the very beginning. "If you do well, shall you not be accepted".

What changed in the New Covenant is the manner in which God's Laws are administered, and the way sins are atoned for. No more going to corrupt Levite Priests to receive the Laws of God, and no more Levitical Priesthood "Works of the Law" for atonement/forgiveness of sins. A New High Priest in Jesus. Believe in Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What's highligted in pink above are false statements. You're confusing what's written by Luke in Acts 15. What law? Answer: The Mosaic Law given at Sinai.
We're interpreting what Act 15 is saying.
Act 15:1¶And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

Did we say anything about what Pharisees taught? These men were Jewish converts that kept the law. They were circumcised. Maybe they meant well but they were not sent.

Where does it say these Jewish Converts kept the Law? Are these the same Jews who bewitched the Galatians?

According to Peter, if they were obedient to God HE would give them HIS Holy Spirit.

Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Acts 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

These "Jewish Converts" as you call them, were attempting to place a Yoke on them that their fathers were unable to bear.

Please answer this question. Was the Yoke these Jews were attempting to place on the New Converts the same Yoke placed on Zechariahs? The same yoke Jesus walked in? Or was it the "Commandments of Men" and man made religious traditions which transgressed God's Commandments, and led God's People astray?

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is statements like this that make it difficult to discuss the topic with you. How are we meant to differentiate between covenants if we call them all the same thing, "God's covenant"? There are many covenants God made with people and we need to distinguish between them by using the persons name that made the covenant with God on behalf of the people. Noah's Law is clearly the best way to do this. It has nothing to do with it being "only Noahs Law and not God's Law". You are being overly argumentative and difficult.

Wow, another rebuke from you. And for what? Saying the following?

"I contend that God's Laws are God's Laws, not Noah's. I agree with you that God first gave them to men in the beginning. Certainly Noah knew of God's Laws. The difference between Clean and Unclean animals, not to look at the nakedness of their father, etc."

This is your idea of being argumentative and difficult?

Tough crowd!!

The opposite is true. The Bible doesn't say it so it is presumption to believe it does.

The Book of Genesis also doesn't say "Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart", This Law of God was not written until much later.

But John presumed it was there in the very beginning.

1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

So we have this Law, clean and unclean law, Adultery Law, looking on the nakedness of you father Law. We have the High Priest bringing bread and wine, and Abraham telling his son that God will provide Himself a sacrifice.

All these laws of God which were not written as law until Moses. And you are saying "Love thy neighbor as thyself, don't steal, Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, don't create images of God in the likeness of man, and specifically no Sabbath law existed until Moses.

I respectfully disagree with you on this.

Ex. 16:26 Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.

27 And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.

28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

This was before Mt. Sinai. Before God has Moses write God's Laws down, before there is any reference to what those Laws and Commandments of God even were. And yet God's Laws and Commandments existed. God's Sabbath existed. The Blood of the Passover Lamb had been slain while they were yet in sin (Egypt).

They had left their old life just as Abraham did. The only thing different was the soon to come Levitical Priesthood "works of the Law" for atonement of transgressions of God's Laws and Commandments. A Priesthood that Abraham didn't have.

If the Bible doesn't say, then why presume it does? It seems to me you are completely going against your own standards here.

I was replying to your definitive declaration here.

"The laws of Noah applied to Jews and Gentiles. There was no Sabbath command."

I thought your declaration as fact, was presumptive. I believe there were Laws given to early man that were not enumerated until Abraham's children had lost the teaching God gave him, that he passed on to Isaac and Jacob. Which is said to be "The way of the Lord" including God's Judgments and justice, also Laws, Statutes and Commandments.

Given that God created the 7th Day, and sanctified it, and declared it "HOLY", and Noah walked with God, and they were friends. I find no reason to believe that God hid His Creation with Noah when they walked together. I mean, to what end? The religion that implies that God didn't share His 7th day Creation with any man until Moses is presumptive in my view. But then I have no problem with God's Judgment regarding His Creation, nor His Sabbath Commandment, so I have no reason to doubt or question Him in such matters.

I believe there are things the bible is silent on that are true, for sure. But the bible is not silent on this point. The bible clearly says the Sabbath was given to man through Moses. It originated at creation but was given much later to a slave minded people who worked 7 days a week with no rest.

I don't recall the Holy Scripture which teach God separated His Law, or gave them only to slave minded people.

The only Law that God separated from men was HIS Priesthood Covenant with Levi regarding How God's Laws are Administered, and how sins are atoned for.

A Priesthood Covenant that became old and obsolete because it was only given "til the Seed should come".

I'm not trying to be "overly argumentative and difficult". I am trusting the God of the Bible, even when "some men" may teach something different.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes you confuse me.

The law states that you must be circumcised.

So are you under the law or not?

1. No command in OT or NT says gentiles must be circumcised to be saved, that was an error being taught in Acts 15:1
2. Ceremonial law ends at the cross Hebrews 10:4-12 , 1 Cor 7:19 but moral law where "the first commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment Eph 6:1-2 remains. So that would include the 10.
3. "Under the Law" is a phrase Paul defines in Rom 3:19-20 as under the condemnation of the moral law of God that says it is a sin (for example) to take God's name in vain. Paul says all mankind "the entire world" ... "every mouth" is still condemned under that Law as sinners "all have sinned" Rom 3:23 and needs gospel solution if they have not accepted it.
4. For those who have accepted the Gospel - then that Law is "written on the heart" Jer 31:31-34 and not made void. "What do we then mak. void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! in fact we establish the LAW" Rom 3:31 - same chapter as the 3:19-20 statement about the LAW"

Act 15 is what we're discussing.

Agreed Acts 15... and in vs 1 we find this

"Some men came down from Judea and began teaching the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.”

When in fact no text in OT or NT stated that gentiles must be circumcised to be saved. (As I stated in my first point above)

============================

I am glad these Sunday sources all affirm all TEN of the Ten Commandments for Christians, in fact ... for all mankind

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson
Eastern Orthodox Catechism
The Catholic Catechism.
:groupray:

And of course 7th day groups

Seventh-day Baptists
Seventh-day Adventists
(and 100's of others)

=======================

So then I have a question for you - have you seen these same Bible texts answer your same question above 50 times from me or is it 100? I am starting to lose track. And though we do not often agree on much - I am happy to say that we both appear to agree on this one thing -- this exchange needs to get out there as much as possible. Praise the Lord we have agreement on something!

That's true.

It is "written on the heart and mind" under the New Covenant Jer 31:31-34 as a result of salvation - but only the Gospel saves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are many covenants God made with people and we need to distinguish between them by using the persons name that made the covenant with God on behalf of the people.

Gal 1:6-9 says there is only one Gospel -- not many.
Gal 3:8 says the Gospel was preached to Abraham.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where does it say these Jewish Converts kept the Law? Are these the same Jews who bewitched the Galatians?
copyChkboxOff.gif
Act 15:24
Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
If the Gospel was to the Jews first and then unto the Gentiles, the Jews (certain men who went out from us) felt that Gentiles should be required to be circumcised and keep the law as they were doing.

Act 21:20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

According to Peter, if they were obedient to God HE would give them HIS Holy Spirit.

Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Acts 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

These "Jewish Converts" as you call them, were attempting to place a Yoke on them that their fathers were unable to bear.

Please answer this question. Was the Yoke these Jews were attempting to place on the New Converts the same Yoke placed on Zechariahs? The same yoke Jesus walked in? Or was it the "Commandments of Men" and man made religious traditions which transgressed God's Commandments, and led God's People astray?
The yoke of bondage in question is the whole law.
Gal 5:1
¶Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't consider the Word's of the Christ "added commentary". Truly the Pharisees were promoting a "LAW" and they certainly did call this law the "Law of Moses". But to believe they were trying to get the New Converts to follow God's Laws, I must reject and omit "EVERY" Word Jesus said about them. Why would I even want to do such a thing.
Act 15 is what we're discussing. Your comments about the Pharisees teaching another law is added commentary. It does not articulate the facts found in Acts 15.

I know your doctrines very well. You have to reject that teaching circumcision and keeping the law was not commissioned by the apostles.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Gal 1:6-9 says there is only one Gospel -- not many.
Gal 3:8 says the Gospel was preached to Abraham.
"In thee all nation will be blessed" is the same Gospel preached to Abraham that Paul is talking about. That's not what you're talking about. The Gospel is the news about Jesus Christ.
You're playing word games because you have to confuse the truth. The gospel is not the law no matter what you spin up.

Paul tell you the gospel he preaches.

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Co 15:1
¶Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 ¶For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"In thee all nation will be blessed" is the same Gospel preached to Abraham that Paul is talking about. That's not what you're talking about. The Gospel is the news about Jesus Christ.

So in your view there are 'two gospels'?? and you think that Paul is saying in Gal 3:8 that Abraham got the first gospel ... but we now have the second one?

Gal 1... ONE Gospel... not "two"
Gal 3... that one and only Gospel - was preached to Abraham

I see Paul in Gal 1 as not in favor of a two gospel solution.

Gal
6 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Gal 3: "the Gospel was preached to Abraham"

Hebrews 4:2 " For indeed we have the Gospel preached to us, just as they also;"

1 Cor 10: 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual Rock which followed them; and the Rock was Christ.

One Gospel in all ages... the one and only Gospel

1 Peter 1:10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, 11 seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

Which if you think about it - is the only way that all those scholars on both sides of the topic about the TEN - could all agree on those points listed in the OP of this related thread -- The Sabbath of the TEN Commandments - for all mankind (V2)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So in your view there are 'two gospels'?? and you think that Paul is saying in Gal 3:8 that Abraham got the first gospel ... but we now have the second one?

Gal 1... on Gospel
Gal 3... that one and only Gospel - was preached to Abraham

I see Paul in Gal 1 as not in favor of a two gospel solution.

Gal
6 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Gal 3: "the Gospel was preached to Abraham"

Hebrews 4:2 " For indeed we have the Gospel preached to us, just as they also;"

1 Cor 10: 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual Rock which followed them; and the Rock was Christ.

One Gospel in all ages... the one and only Gospel

1 Peter 1:10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, 11 seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

Which if you think about it - is the only way that all those scholars on both sides of the topic about the TEN - could all agree on those points listed in the OP of this related thread -- The Sabbath of the TEN Commandments - for all mankind (V2)
You can say whatever you want BobRyan. There is only one Gospel, it's all about Jesus Christ and what He has done on the cross, nothing about the law.
You've been saying that Abraham had the gospel preached to him, but denying that it was restricted to the prophetic statement "in thee all nations shall be blessed."
Also, Heb 4:2 is talking about the Jews rejection of the gospel of the kingdom that Jesus preached to them. Not OT era.
you hit the nail on the head by posting 1 Peter 1:10 saying Prophets predicted the suffering of Christ and the glory that should follow.
Yes there was prophesies about the gospel, but it all began with Jesus' preaching after His baptism. You cant negate the word of God by your commentary BobRyan.
Luk 16:16¶ “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God [fn]has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.

Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0