loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trying to defend Trump, GOP leader caught off guard by reality
Last night, the House Minority Leader appeared on CBS’ 60 Minutes to defend the president against the Ukraine scandal, but McCarthy appeared lost when Scott Pelley presented him with basic factual information.

PELLEY: What do you make of this exchange? President Zelensky says, “We are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.” And President Trump replies, “I would like you to do us a favor though.”

MCCARTHY: You just added another word.

PELLEY: No, it’s in the transcript.

MCCARTHY: He said- “I’d like you to do a favor though”?

PELLEY: Yes, it’s in the White House transcript.

At the bottom of page two of the call summary, released by the White House, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is quoted talking about how eager his country is to receive additional military support from the United States. The very next words out of the American president’s mouth, according to the document, are, “I would like you to do us a favor, though.”

I don’t understand why McCarthy didn’t know that. In fact, when the House GOP leader was presented with the now-infamous quote, he reflexively assumed that the CBS News correspondent was engaged in a public deception, “adding another word.”

To put this in some additional context, McCarthy knew he was going on 60 Minutes. He knew the topic. He and his staff had time to prepare for basic questions about obvious details – such as the single most controversial phrase in the rough transcript that created a political earthquake the moment it was released. It’s only 10 words; it stands to reason McCarthy would’ve familiarized himself with it before his national television appearance.
tulc(thought this was interesting) :wave:

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read it, but I didn't see anything. He thanked the USA for giving more support to his country against Russia compared to Europe - which confused him because they are right next door. He looked forward to purchasing more stuff from us.

Then Trump did ask about a server that they think could be in his country - and crowdstrike circumstance. If he had anything to help our country find out what went down, and how he would appreciate them cooperating with Barr.

This isn't anything he hasn't been saying for months already. If people in Ukraine had anything to do with what went down in our country? I would like to know what it was too. WHy would Ukraine have anything to do with what happened here?

Since Trump had been accused of things within that whole mess as well? I can see why he would want his personal lawyer to see if he had anything to prove his innocence that people were accusing him of. That is what a personal lawyer is suppose to do.

I haven't been reading up on all the drama as of late, because it normally is blown out of proportion - I'll admit. Yet, if Ukraine has information on what went down - and how the whole thing got started? The citizens of our country should know.

What am I missing?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just more smoke blowing in the wind from the far side of the moon.
(off topic here) Wouldn't a better way to say this be "That's just locomotive breath blowing smoke on the water from the far side of the moon after midnight!" :scratch:
(snip)
tulc(that way it would be: Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd and Clapton in one phrase from about the same years) :D

Upvote 0