Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem is man's law vs God's law. People who think there is nothing wrong with breaking God's laws and commandments but are quick to throw people in jail for breaking man's laws.
Let God enforce God's law and let man enforce man's law.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The certificates were in question as to their validity.

No one except for paranoid conspiracy believers had any doubts about their validity.

He is not obligated to accept them if he does not feel they are valid.

I'm from Missouri. Show me anywhere the Constitution, federal law, or rules of Congress give the VP authority to throw out EV certificates submitted by the states.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Pence had the right to refuse to confirm the vote if he felt it was not accurate. The fact that he confirmed the vote was the whole reason for the riot.
So the riot is the fault of the Trump administration?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It takes two to tangle. We live in a world where we have to avoid people and stay away from them - or we take a chance of being accused of something.

Abuse is a cycle that men & women love 85% of the time.

It's called the cycle of abuse and just because people aren't getting beaten by golf clubs and bungie cords every waking mijute of the day, doesn't mean thr relationship is healthy or good.
What a strange argument.

But with passion comes the need for control. NOT just women, that are biased.
It's not "passion". It's anger and anger can come feom many different emotions.

Anger must be expressed in a respectful way.
Man are the victim and put up with just as much abuse. Thirty-two percent of women in prison (approximately 4,000 women) serving sentences for murder were convicted of killing a husband, ex-husband or boyfriend.
And of those, how many of those men were abusive? I'd bet it's more than 70$.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What judgement? Specifically relating to the US?
This verse has to do with the Babylonian Exile. Today New York City is considered to be modern-day Babylon so the judgment would be events like what happened with the twin towers. Revelation 14:8 "Then a second angel followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, who has made all the nations drink the wine of the passion of her immorality.” Of course the twin towers represented commerce or big business as it is referred to today.

We learn this in the books & teachings of people like Jonathan Cahn (Paradigm) and David Wilkerson. I actually know Nick Cruz. He was here twice at a church I was attending. He has prayed for me. In the movie, Nick Cruz was played by Erik Estrada.

I would highly recommend Cahn's book because that explains what we are talking about. You can get his books on Amazon for a really good price. Wilkerson is a little outdated but his son is trying to carry on his ministry.
T501906D.jpg

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So the riot is the fault of the Trump administration?
A person is innocent until proven guilty. If anyone is at fault I would blame Nancy Pelosi. As we all know her husband was recently attacked.

Isaiah 3 11"Woe to the wicked; disaster is upon them! For they will be repaid with what their hands have done. 12Youths oppress My people, and women rule over them."

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
doesn't mean thr relationship is healthy or good.
Are you the self-proclaimed expert on what constitutes a good and healthy relationship? What sort of a relationship does God want people to have with each other?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Be that as it may congress certified the election, not the court.
It is interesting that the court had no problem getting involved with the Bush vs Gore election. But all of a sudden with Trump it was not their job and they did not want to get involved. Or maybe they really did feel there was not enough evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Are you the self-proclaimed expert on what constitutes a good and healthy relationship? What sort of a relationship does God want people to have with each other?
Lol! If you are getting beaten 15% of the time you are with a loser of a human who does not love you.

I'm not self-proclaimed but I do know what healthy relationships looks like though, yes. Time in social work and working with traumatized and emotionally unstable youth made me pretty aware of what constitutes healthy relationship. A lot of training helps

But frankly if you think 15% beating time is OK, you have NO business lecturing ANYONe in what relationships should look like, secular or with God.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
A person is innocent until proven guilty. If anyone is at fault I would blame Nancy Pelosi. As we all know her husband was recently attacked.

Isaiah 3 11"Woe to the wicked; disaster is upon them! For they will be repaid with what their hands have done. 12Youths oppress My people, and women rule over them."
Please forgive me, but I’m having trouble parsing the “logic” between the former and the latter, could you explain?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,219.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He is for me. Pence had the right to refuse to confirm the vote if he felt it was not accurate.
No. Pence acted properly in the only way your Constitution allowed. I seem to know more about the American Constitution than some Americans.
The certificates were in question as to their validity. He is not obligated to accept them if he does not feel they are valid.
The certificates were not in question then and they are still not. Nobody has shown otherwise. And the Vice President's feelings were irrelevant. He had the certificates, counted them and accepted them as the Constitution required.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
No. Pence acted properly
Proper for someone that wants to commit political suicide. Maybe he was fed up with Trump and was not really interested in another four years of having to put up with all of Nancy Pelosi's childish shenanigans.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Proper for someone that wants to commit political suicide. Maybe he was fed up with Trump and was not really interested in another four years of having to put up with all of Nancy Pelosi's childish shenanigans.
Political suicide?
Going outside the strict confines of the Constitution to “elect” DJT would have been the end of the Republic.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Political suicide?
Going outside the strict confines of the Constitution to “elect” DJT would have been the end of the Republic.
A lot of people believe the Republic is coming to an end and the Kingdom age is soon to begin.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,219.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A lot of people believe the Republic is coming to an end and the Kingdom age is soon to begin.
A lot? I think it is a few. If they can form a party, why not put up a candidate? Actually, in the meantime secular politics with its faults and blemishes continues in America.

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0