Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Herschel Walker just wrote Donald Trump's political obituary

Fox News:
Herschel Walker, the Heisman Trophy winner who led the Georgia Bulldogs to a national championship in 1982, just wrote Donald Trump’s political obituary.
Walker lost his bid to replace Georgia’s incumbent Senator Raphael Warnock, handing Democrats in that chamber a critical majority. A majority which will enable Joe Biden to appoint more judges, enact more legislation and put in place more appointees willing and able to carry out his far-left agenda. Walker was endorsed by former President Trump.

Having suffered the rare humiliation of failing to win a second term in the Oval Office, and having cost his party a majority in the senate – three times – it is time for Donald Trump to step away from politics. It is the right thing to do for his party, for the country, and for himself. Mr. Trump will not win another election. His most glaring political strength today is his ability to energize Democrats, causing not only historic turnout but attracting gushers of campaign cash – for the opposition.

[H]is refusal to admit defeat in the 2020 election, and the tragic aftermath of that refusal, shut the door on his political career. After January 6, and having publicly nursed his grievances for two years, there is no comeback. It is a tragedy that will only be made worse by Trump’s continued presence on our national stage. He has announced he will run again for president, but he cannot and will not let go of his anger about the 2020 election. That is a losing platform.

The editorial neglects to mention the additional stolen classified documents that were discovered in Trump's possession this week, as well as the guilty verdict against his corporation for tax fraud, but perhaps there were was a word-count limit.

Last edited:

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
It was difficult to watch start a rampant culture of name-calling and an overall sense of abuse. It's time for Trump to disappear. He did his job to expose the corruption in our government, and I am thankful for that, but now it is time to calm down and heal (if possible).

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was difficult to watch start a rampant culture of name-calling and an overall sense of abuse. It's time for Trump to disappear. He did his job to expose the corruption in our government, and I am thankful for that, but now it is time to calm down and heal (if possible).
He personified corruption in government.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh wow, I wouldn't say that. Those of the Democratic party are far more corrupt than Trump.

:D
Look at the total convictions during time in office. Either the Democrats are less corrupt, or they are better at hidding it. Either way, it doesn't make the GOP look that good.

1670520317832.png

source: GOP Admins Had 38 Times More Criminal Convictions Than Democrats, 1961-2016

Then Trump comes along.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh wow, I wouldn't say that. Those of the Democratic party are far more corrupt than Trump.

Sure, but why would you say that? Evidence says otherwise.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Of COURSE you wouldn't say that.
But that doesn't mean you are correct. That belief is demonstrably false.
Trump had 34 indictments in 4 years. How does that compare to every other president?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Sidebar:
1) I feel shocked and in a bit of disbelief that Walker wrote that missive all on his own.
2) When will Republicans get it? How long will it take for them to understand that Trump will not step down....certainly not without drama and a great deal of consternation.

Upvote 0

Don't Panic

Nov 25, 2022
Newfield
✟2,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Sidebar:
1) I feel shocked and in a bit of disbelief that Walker wrote that missive all on his own.
2) When will Republicans get it? How long will it take for them to understand that Trump will not step down....certainly not without drama and a great deal of consternation.
I don't know, have we ever seen anything Walker did write all on his own?

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
@rambot

"just wrote Donald Trump’s political obituary" doesn't mean Walker actually wrote Trump's obituary.

The article is using 'wrote' in a metaphorical sense. It's a bit like saying that Walker's loss "put the last nail in Trumps political coffin".

OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"someone" on fox news said this. There is no statement of Fox saying this. I've done the same thing talking about CNN ABC CBS NBC MSNBC when in truth it was some anchorman or some host on the show said this or that where I made it appear as if the the whole network said it.

• Informative
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
"someone" on fox news said this. There is no statement of Fox saying this. I've done the same thing talking about CNN ABC CBS NBC MSNBC when in truth it was some anchorman or some host on the show said this or that where I made it appear as if the the whole network said it.
The author was a Liz Peek

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
@rambot

"just wrote Donald Trump’s political obituary" doesn't mean Walker actually wrote Trump's obituary.

The article is using 'wrote' in a metaphorical sense. It's a bit like saying that Walker's loss "put the last nail in Trumps political coffin".

OB
fair point.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If it's from a talking head "opinion provider" it's as good as Fox News saying it. Their editorial committee would only permit messaging on the air that is consistent with its vision.

This should not be a suprise.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So, no it isn't just the leadership of the republican Party, It is not just the donors who abandoned Trump folks in the last election. It is not just the liberal media. It is not just the handful who have openly said that Trump has been hurting the party (at least since the 2018 election). There in no need for me to state the obvious. FOXNEWS is a strong political media prganization that has an agenda: a future for the Republican Party.

They will be active is securing viable candidates and donors for anti-Trump Republicans. They will be attacking Trump many times a day, perhaps as much as they supported him in the past.

It is a new world. Trump has dozens of indictments in front of him, and perhaps even a nomination. But, he will never have a political position again in the US.

Fox News:
Herschel Walker, the Heisman Trophy winner who led the Georgia Bulldogs to a national championship in 1982, just wrote Donald Trump’s political obituary.
Walker lost his bid to replace Georgia’s incumbent Senator Raphael Warnock, handing Democrats in that chamber a critical majority. A majority which will enable Joe Biden to appoint more judges, enact more legislation and put in place more appointees willing and able to carry out his far-left agenda. Walker was endorsed by former President Trump.

Having suffered the rare humiliation of failing to win a second term in the Oval Office, and having cost his party a majority in the senate – three times – it is time for Donald Trump to step away from politics. It is the right thing to do for his party, for the country, and for himself. Mr. Trump will not win another election. His most glaring political strength today is his ability to energize Democrats, causing not only historic turnout but attracting gushers of campaign cash – for the opposition.

[H]is refusal to admit defeat in the 2020 election, and the tragic aftermath of that refusal, shut the door on his political career. After January 6, and having publicly nursed his grievances for two years, there is no comeback. It is a tragedy that will only be made worse by Trump’s continued presence on our national stage. He has announced he will run again for president, but he cannot and will not let go of his anger about the 2020 election. That is a losing platform.

The editorial neglects to mention the additional stolen classified documents that were discovered in Trump's possession this week, as well as the guilty verdict against his corporation for tax fraud, but perhaps there were was a word-count limit.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It is a new world. Trump has dozens of indictments in front of him, and perhaps even a nomination. But, he will never have a political position again in the US.
Not if HE has anything to say about it!!!!

Which of course he doesn't.... so yeah I agree. But I fully expect him to burn down the house as best as he can. I'm curious ot see what THAT looks like.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
the problem has been that no GOP member has managed to bottle Trump's lightnjng so to speak. they would do best to shed him, but don't have anyone to replace him. desantis might be able to, but it remains to be seen if he can do it at the national level. the gop should let trump and desantis duke it out to see if it is possible, but there is a problem there. Trump is not palatable in the general election. he's lost the popular vote twice, by significant margins. he would need to landslide Desantis to indicate he's the better candidate. a narrow trump primary win is the worst case for 2024, it would mean many would stay home or vote against him in 2024. a desantis win in the primary would be a big challenge to the dems. I'm not certain they have a good answer. if it ends up being desantis vs harris for example, I can't see desantis losing that match up.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Fox News:

Just more attempts from the left wing media to cancel people.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
You realize Fox News is extreme right-wing?

Except that some of their programs always have a Left Wing representative to keep their "truth" established. That's a problem. Fox news is not afraid of the Truth. Are you? :D

• Haha
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0