Southwest
✟112,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good for him. Adidas is doing it for 500 a pair and only 1 use.
Adidas' new $500 ADIZERO Adios Pro Evo 1, designed for marathon runners, is billed as the company's "lightest ever innovation-packed racing shoe." Just 521 pairs of the limited-edition kicks will be made. They've gotten the weight down to just 138g (4.9 oz) using their proprietary "Lightstrike Pro" foam, and Runner's World says the forefoot rocker was "designed to trigger forward momentum and increase energy return."

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,156.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Good for him. Adidas is doing it for 500 a pair and only 1 use.
Adidas' new $500 ADIZERO Adios Pro Evo 1, designed for marathon runners, is billed as the company's "lightest ever innovation-packed racing shoe." Just 521 pairs of the limited-edition kicks will be made. They've gotten the weight down to just 138g (4.9 oz) using their proprietary "Lightstrike Pro" foam, and Runner's World says the forefoot rocker was "designed to trigger forward momentum and increase energy return."
And I'll bet you'll get Weekend Warriors buying them, thinking it'll take 20 minutes off their marathon time.

I used to work with a guy who was into cycling. He brought some new dereilleur gear into work to show me. Latest ultralight material. All solid parts full of holes to reduce the weight further. Super thin but super strong. Cost an absolute fortune. 'Why'd you buy it? The last one did the job'. Ah, but this will shave tenths of a second off each kilometre. Every little helps. It all adds up!

Mate, I said. You're about 12 kilos overweight.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
FOX guest Raymond Arroyo, who also serves as a substitute host for Laura Ingraham's show, said that Trump's new move selling gaudy gold sneakers is going to help him win over black voters.

"This is connecting with Black America because they love sneakers. This is a big deal - certainly in the inner city. So, when you have Trump roll out his sneaker line, they're like, 'wait a minute, this is cool.' He's reaching them at a level that defies and is above politics. The culture always trump's politics. Trump understands culture like no politician I've ever seen."

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,156.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
FOX guest Raymond Arroyo, who also serves as a substitute host for Laura Ingraham's show, said that Trump's new move selling gaudy gold sneakers is going to help him win over black voters.

"This is connecting with Black America because they love sneakers. This is a big deal - certainly in the inner city. So, when you have Trump roll out his sneaker line, they're like, 'wait a minute, this is cool.' He's reaching them at a level that defies and is above politics. The culture always trump's politics. Trump understands culture like no politician I've ever seen."
How does he not realise how insulting he was when he said that? The guy is an absolute first class moron. What's next? Fargo hats for the Dakota vote? Khaki pants and polo shirts to get those white nationists on board?

Good grief...

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,459.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

... He does realize that most sneakerheads think they are hideous right?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Is this supposed to appeal to young voters or boomers that think they are still cool? Will trump attempt to play a musical instrument on a late night talk show next? Nah, it's more than likely just a money grab.

He's otta pay for those legal bills somehow, I guess...

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A challenger appears.

1708707023098.png

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From what I heard, the sneakers don't actually exist yet. Temu (linkie) sells faux gold leather hightops cheap, so all Donald's minions need do is get them from Temu after the customer has paid, then sew or glue a T and a flag on 'em. Drop shipping, I think this is called, where you sell stuff you don't own and outsource for fulfillment. Why not?

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

"This is connecting with Black America because they love sneakers.

‘Seriously?’ Former RNC Chair Michael Steele Mocks Fox News Pundit Hailing Trump’s ‘Ugly’ Gold Sneakers as Outreach to ‘Black America’

“Seriously?” he said while guest-hosting Thursday’s All In on MSNBC. “Why didn’t I think of this when I ran the RNC? Let’s see. Black folks love sneakers and we can paint them gold. This can’t miss. Trust me, it’s a big miss. And they ugly as [heck].”

Upvote 0