Montgomery
✟142,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump's all talk and promised he'd bring American jobs home.
Biden is constantly fighting a stutter when he talks (and good on him!), but unlike Trump - Biden enacted IRA.
I don't know the last time American domestic industry, energy security, and workers were given such a chance!
Yet because Trump dog-whistles to the racist underbelly of the white working class in America - he's the one they think is going to MAGA! :sigh::doh:
It's just sad people don't know history. They can't recognise a malignant narcissist trying to rise through power and become the next fascist dictator.
What does that have to do with Powell? Note the topic of this thread

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What would prosecutors receive in a plea deal with the person at the top of the alleged criminal enterprise? All of these pleas are designed to get people up the ladder. He will never take a deal, IMO.
No trial, no appeal. A ton of money would be saved and the outcome assured. Fewer threats to everyone's safety. No overtime pay.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Flipping Powell & Chesebro is a big win for the prosecution.

They get two co-operating witnesses and reduce the number of defendants
They don't have to conduct two separate trials
They don't have to preview their trial strategy six months early
They send a signal to other defendants that there is still time to take a lenient plea deal

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,076.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's a reasonable position to take to say that the vast majority majority of people will take a plea bargain rather than risk a much heavier sentence. And I'm absolutely certain that people who are innocent took the easier option rather than risk being found guilty. Especially if there is no criminal record recorded. I have to say that I would be tempted myself.

BUT...

There are others involved in this case, all facing similar charges. Rather than run through a dozen or so cases having to show that all of them are guilty it is an obvious and entirely reasonable tactic to suggest to all of the defendants that if one or more would like to admit to what they have done and present evidence to the court in regard to what they and others have done as witnesses for the prosecution, then they might get a lesser sentence.

In usual plea bargaining, if it is just the one person, then they admit to the charge, they get sentenced and that is an end to it. But in this case, and many like it, the admission will take the form of evidence presented to the court which will prove others guilty.

Claiming it's unfair on Trump because he is one of the defendents is actually tantamount to admitting his guilt. If he has done nothing wrong then nothing that Powell will say will have any impact. If she hadn't taken the deal then she would still be asked about what she knew anyway. If she had lied on oath then that would be a very serious matter indeed. She obviously realises that it's a risk she doesn't want to take so she can now present the evidence without self incriminating. She's simply decided that she's not going to lie for him.

Only those who are guilty need worry about this. And the others who are guilty are lying awake at night thinking about what Powell has done and thinking about what is likely to happen to them if they don't do the same. The house of cards is collapsing. Let's be honest, would you do time to protect Trump when you know as sure as night follows day that he would sacrifice you and anyone else to protect his own skin?

Time is up for the guy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a reasonable position to take to say that the vast majority majority of people will take a plea bargain rather than risk a much heavier sentence. And I'm absolutely certain that people who are innocent took the easier option rather than risk being found guilty. Especially if there is no criminal record recorded. I have to say that I would be tempted myself.

BUT...

There are others involved in this case, all facing similar charges. Rather than run through a dozen or so cases having to show that all of them are guilty it is an obvious and entirely reasonable tactic to suggest to all of the defendants that if one or more would like to admit to what they have done and present evidence to the court in regard to what they and others have done as witnesses for the prosecution, then they might get a lesser sentence.

In usual plea bargaining, if it is just the one person, then they admit to the charge, they get sentenced and that is an end to it. But in this case, and many like it, the admission will take the form of evidence presented to the court which will prove others guilty.

Claiming it's unfair on Trump because he is one of the defendents is actually tantamount to admitting his guilt. If he has done nothing wrong then nothing that Powell will say will have any impact. If she hadn't taken the deal then she would still be asked about what she knew anyway. If she had lied on oath then that would be a very serious matter indeed. She obviously realises that it's a risk she doesn't want to take so she can now present the evidence without self incriminating. She's simply decided that she's not going to lie for him.

Only those who are guilty need worry about this. And the others who are guilty are lying awake at night thinking about what Powell has done and thinking about what is likely to happen to them if they don't do the same. The house of cards is collapsing. Let's be honest, would you do time to protect Trump when you know as sure as night follows day that he would sacrifice you and anyone else to protect his own skin.

Time is up for the guy.
Whatever happens to Trump happens. I just think y’all are jumping the gun.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,076.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Whatever happens to Trump happens. I just think y’all are jumping the gun.
The evidence is in. The gun has gone off. And it's not just a smoking gun found at the scene of the crime. Trump was holding it. His pudgy finger on the trigger. He admits to firing it. He just says he was allowed to. That's his defence. Which isn't a defence at all. It's an admission.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The evidence is in. The gun has gone off. And it's not just a smoking gun found at the scene of the crime. Trump was holding it. His pudgy finger on the trigger. He admits to firing it. He just says he was allowed to. That's his defence. Which isn't a defence at all. It's an admission.
We will see. One time we did a search warrant and filmed the entire thing. We had an airtight case. The defense attorney tried to work a plea deal but we weren’t budging.
At the trial the defense attorney used our video to convince the jury that we planted the evidence. It worked. The defendants got off Scott free.
You never know how these things will turn out.

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,588.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sidney Powell pleads guilty in case over efforts to overturn Trump's Georgia loss and gets probation

ATLANTA (AP) — Lawyer Sidney Powell pleaded guilty to reduced charges Thursday over efforts to overturn Donald Trump’s loss in the 2020 election in Georgia, becoming the second defendant in the sprawling case to reach a deal with prosecutors.

So how many Trump lawyers have turned out to be criminals? I can't keep track.

Probably cheaper to give up than keep fighting.

We can't prove fraud because everybody is circling the wagons. Clearly, there were shenanigans.

[9-Jul-2021] New Evidence Indicates Enough Illegal Votes In Georgia To Tip 2020

Mark Zuckerberg also gamed the election in key districts:

[4-Nov-2022] No ‘ZuckBucks’ Is Why Georgia Won’t Be Blue In 2022

Then there is the video:

[7-Dec-2020] The Georgia Vote-Counting Video Was Not 'Debunked.' Not Even Close

Who cares as long as my guy wins, no?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Indeed. She also saved a bunch of taxpayer money by admitting her guilt. She is still on the hook for the Dominion lawsuit.
More importantly, the two lawyers are required to testify in GA. Also, their testimony can be used in the DC case. They still can be charged in the DC case. They are likely to make deals before they are even indicted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Probably cheaper to give up than keep fighting.

We can't prove fraud because everybody is circling the wagons. Clearly, there were shenanigans.

[9-Jul-2021] New Evidence Indicates Enough Illegal Votes In Georgia To Tip 2020

I'm tired of debunking all these false claims, so forgive me if I don't give the amount of sourcing that I normally do. The fact remains, all of these have been debunked, and well debunked, despite the claims of the Federalist.

In this first case, the claims that there were too many people that died or moved was manipulated and false. Like the other, similar, lists done in other states, this ignores things like military members who moved out of state that remain legal residents (military members don't have to change residency when moving). In my years in the Air Force, my residence remained the state I was born in the entire time I was in the military, despite living in other states (having changed my address). In fact, my photo ID at one point had no photo, merely a "valid with no photo" where the photo should be because I hadn't lived in my home state long enough that my old ID had expired.

And with several large bases in Georgia, not to include residents of Georgia who joined the military and moved out of state because of that, there are thousands alone that had valid reasons for moving out of state. Also these lists tend to only look at a name of a person that died or moved, then claim everyone with that name was an "invalid" voter, it won't look at the address. So, if you have a John Smith that died, despite their being 25 people named "John Smith" in the voter database, it will tend to strike all of them as being either dead or moved. Last, if you recall, there was a claim that

This is one of the things Georgia (using the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and election officials) specifically looked at. Just as one example, here are three voters that the Trump campaign specifically stated were dead who Georgia found voted legally. It is also worth noting that Georgia was a member of the state database that recorded when voters moved out of state and registered in a new state, as well as removing dead people from the voting roles, and had deleted those that had moved and dead people from the voting roles prior to the election.

Mark Zuckerberg also gamed the election in key districts:

[4-Nov-2022] No ‘ZuckBucks’ Is Why Georgia Won’t Be Blue In 2022

Except it misrepresents what Zuckerberg did -- which was essentially to fund get out the vote campaigns. It didn't create "voter fraud" but merely was a campaign to get people to register and to get out the vote. It is also worth noting, despite the claims in the article, Georgia still "was Blue" in 2022, with Sen. Warnock winning re-election, despite the absence of Zuckerberg money.

Then there is the video:

[7-Dec-2020] The Georgia Vote-Counting Video Was Not 'Debunked.' Not Even Close

Who cares as long as my guy wins, no?

Interesting that they talk about the things that were debunked but ignore them after that, they don't mention that those debunked items were debunked: specifically, "began pulling trunks containing thousands of ballots from underneath a table with a long tablecloth and running them through machines" -- which was categorized by the Trump campaign as illegal ballots pulled out from under the tables.

Yes, observers were told they were shutting down for the night, because that is what they honestly thought was happening. If you watch more video (video cameras were running the entire time that ballots were in the room), you can see the workers pack up the ballots in the "trunks" (cases designed to hold and transfer ballots securely) and put them under the table. However, once word got to state election officials, the state election officials called and told them they had to continue counting, they could not go home. This is verified by the State of Georgia and various election officials; they didn't lie to observers, election workers in the arena honestly believed they were going home.

Additionally, the observers should not have left. Their job is to ensure the security of the ballots -- that all procedures were followed -- and that should include ensuring they were packed up correctly and that no "tampering" was done as things were shutting down. As such, had they actually done their jobs, they would have known counting was resuming. Last, it is unclear exactly how long observers were not in the room (or that none were there). While many did leave, and a cut at one time to observers in the video showed the observer area largely empty, they should have returned as soon as they realized counting had resumed (which was specifically mentioned in the news reports of cable news following the vote count). Yes, a mistake was made, but it was not to get rid of observers but an honest mistake by the election workers in the arena; they honestly believed they were going home for the night.

Last, the claims that this cause a bad count ignores the fact that Georgia did three separate recounts, including a hand recount -- and there was no large discrepancy between the vote totals from the vote count in this arena and the recounts of those same votes; no votes were counted multiple times, there were no "fake ballots," instead they did a true and accurate count.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1698008441685.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It’s Trump’s statement on the subject of this thread
It's just propaganda. Trump's attempt to claim (not under oath) that Sydney did not represent him. He is trying to distance himself from her.
He needs to make his statements under oath, in court. What he says in public typically takes many liberties with the truth. He is also saying positive things about her. It is him trying to give her a way out, trying to let her know that he will support her in his public messaging (not financially) if she keeps her mouth shut.

D Trump is seriously scared about this little birdie singing her song.

Is this something you really want to propagate?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's just propaganda. Trump's attempt to claim (not under oath) that Sydney did not represent him. He is trying to distance himself from her.
He needs to make his statements under oath, in court. What he says in public typically takes many liberties with the truth. He is also saying positive things about her. It is him trying to give her a way out, trying to let her know that he will support her in his public messaging (not financially) if she keeps her mouth shut.

D Trump is seriously scared about this little birdie singing her song.

Is this something you really want to propagate?
I think it’s relevant to the thread.
You may be right about his motives. I think he’s foolish to keep harping on the last election and I would really like to see someone else nominated. But it looks like it’s going to be Trump.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think it’s relevant to the thread.
You may be right about his motives. I think he’s foolish to keep harping on the last election and I would really like to see someone else nominated. But it looks like it’s going to be Trump.
Yeah, OK, fair enough.

Upvote 0