Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don’t buy a lot of the claims but I have to say that I don’t trust 60 Minutes and this guy either.
You don't have to trust them just watch the video and see for yourself.

The sealed ballot container/tubs are stored under the table. Then the same tubs are pulled back out and taken to the counters.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Sidney Powell could end up losing her plea deal. First, she has made claims that the election was stolen since taking her plea deal on her social media accounts. More importantly, in her organization's, Defending the Republic, newsletter states she was "extorted" into taking the plea deal. It seems very likely that Prosecutor Willis, not wanting to bother with claims she extorted someone, will instead just revoke the plea deal that Powell's ordination is saying Power was extorted into taking.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think Sidney Powell could end up losing her plea deal. First, she has made claims that the election was stolen since taking her plea deal on her social media accounts. More importantly, in her organization's, Defending the Republic, newsletter states she was "extorted" into taking the plea deal. It seems very likely that Prosecutor Willis, not wanting to bother with claims she extorted someone, will instead just revoke the plea deal that Powell's ordination is saying Power was extorted into taking.
They say one thing in court, in front of the judge and under oath. And something completely different in the public sphere. It's been their MO for many years now.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They say one thing in court, in front of the judge and under oath. And something completely different in the public sphere. It's been their MO for many years now.
I don't know, I remember there was this one woman who took a plea deal for a murder she was accused of, then went on television for an interview--before a judge formally accepted it--and talked about how she was totally innocent. This made the judge reject it, so she got tried for real and ended up with a substantially longer sentence than if she had just taken the plea deal and kept her mouth shut. I cannot remember her name, unfortunately (it was years ago I saw this), but I think it was an episode of Dateline that discussed it. So if you're going against your plea deal outside of the court, it might come back and hit you--at least if it hasn't been completely finalized.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, they have done that, and this time it could come back to bite Sidney Powell.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, they have done that, and this time it could come back to bite Sidney Powell.
I think, they figure that they are allowed to lie when not under oath, that it isn't a crime, so they put on a show for the MAGA faithful who will lap up what they want to hear. It doesn't matter to the MAGA faithful that it contradicts what happened in court because the right wing media don't cover that, and when the likes of you and me tell them in forums what happened in court, they don't believe us, and when we link to non right wing articles describing it or even Youtube clips showing the actual confessions, they don't read or watch it, they chalk it up to MSM and big tech being out to get D Trump, they think it is deep fake AI generated lies. Because of course they have never heard about it from their trusted sources (Hannity, Carlson, Bannon, D Trump)

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She's been possessed by the Kraken and needs to be exorcised.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

“I Need Six to Eight Pardons”: Sidney Powell’s Secret Scheme to “Find” Trump’s Votes​

As allies of Donald Trump schemed to seize voting machines in swing states after the 2020 election, Sidney Powell proposed issuing preemptive pardons—which the team described as “hunting licenses”—to shield them from legal liability, according to a new book by investigative reporters Michael Isikoff and Daniel Klaidman.

“I need six to eight pardons,” the former Trump attorney said in a Virginia planning meeting, according to Find Me the Votes, excerpts of which were reviewed by Vanity Fair ahead of its January 30 publication date. “What we need is a ‘hunting license’ that provides top cover for ops,” a member of Powell’s team wrote to Lin Wood, another Trump lawyer involved in the effort to overturn Joe Biden’s 2020 victory, according to Isikoff and Klaidman.

[Nothing appears to have come of this idea about pardons.]

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected an appeal from Sidney Powell and other lawyers allied with former President Donald Trump over $150,000 in sanctions they were ordered to pay for abusing the court system with a sham lawsuit challenging the 2020 election results in Michigan.

The justices did not comment in leaving in place the sanctions against seven lawyers who were part of the lawsuit filed on behalf of six Republican voters after Joe Biden’s 154,000-vote victory over Trump in the state.

Upvote 0