✟161,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Posting this does not mean I agree
Given that this post was done only a few minutes after your preceding one, wouldn't it have been better to just edit your original post to include this rather than making a new one?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[7-Dec-2020] The Georgia Vote-Counting Video Was Not 'Debunked.' Not Even Close
I agree, the video was accurate and not debunked. What happened was that the video was only partially shown, a clip, until Gabriel Sterling, Chief Operating Officer at Georgia Secretary of State, shared the whole security camera video on 60 Minutes and explained exactly what was happening and why.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Given that this post was done only a few minutes after your preceding one, wouldn't it have been better to just edit your original post to include this rather than making a new one?
I tried. It wouldn’t let me put any text with the copied image so I had to make another post

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, the video was accurate and not debunked. What happened was that the video was only partially shown, a clip, until Gabriel Sterling, Chief Operating Officer at Georgia Secretary of State, shared the whole security camera video on 60 Minutes and explained exactly what was happening and why.

I don’t buy a lot of the claims but I have to say that I don’t trust 60 Minutes and this guy either.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,289.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you trust the courts?
That dpends of course on what they decide. Tell us what any given court has decided and only then will a lot of people tell you whether that court can be trusted. Otherwise you won't get an answer.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It’s Trump’s statement on the subject of this thread
Contrary to what he claims now, in 2020 Trump sent out a tweet stating that Powell was a member of “a truly great team, added to our other wonderful lawyers and representatives.” Powell was listed by name alongside two of Trump’s other attorneys, Rudy Guiliani and Jenna Ellis.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That dpends of course on what they decide. Tell us what any given court has decided and only then will a lot of people tell you whether that court can be trusted. Otherwise you won't get an answer.
Sounds a lot like polls. Or the deficit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Contrary to what he claims now, in 2020 Trump sent out a tweet stating that Powell was a member of “a truly great team, added to our other wonderful lawyers and representatives.” Powell was listed by name alongside two of Trump’s other attorneys, Rudy Guiliani and Jenna Ellis.
Not surprising

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I don’t buy a lot of the claims but I have to say that I don’t trust 60 Minutes and this guy either.
'this guy'? This guy who is a major Republican official within the office that runs Georgia's elections? He is an authoritative source.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'this guy'? This guy who is a major Republican official within the office that runs Georgia's elections? He is an authoritative source.
Someone posted this on X
Here's what happened on Thursday in the disbarment trial of Trump's attorney John Eastman. The main findings came from Dr. Stanley Young, who the judge actually agreed to designate as an expert unlike all the other experts who she claims aren't, who discussed his findings of states that had bizarre vote spikes for Biden in 2020 compared to Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Here's the damning part from his report (note if Dems' explanation was accurate, that the mood in swing states trended for Biden, then why did Ohio trend for Trump????):

"ALL of the top states where Biden picked up significant votes from 2016, in some way relaxed the voting regulations from what they had done before. Conversely, Ohio, Louisiana, Alabama, and Utah required that all absentee ballots be received by the day before Election Day (November 2). Trump not only won in those four states, but he also showed an improvement over the 2016 results.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"ALL of the top states where Biden picked up significant votes from 2016, in some way relaxed the voting regulations from what they had done before. Conversely, Ohio, Louisiana, Alabama, and Utah required that all absentee ballots be received by the day before Election Day (November 2). Trump not only won in those four states, but he also showed an improvement over the 2016 results.”
That would qualify as "innuendo" which is a big contributor to conspiracy theories.

What you actually need, is proof of fraud.
We all knew that "mail-in" voting was going to favour Biden. Given there was a deadly pandemic which Democrat supporters believed and hence did social distancing and which Republican supporters didn't believe and hence gathered together to show they weren't worried.
There was a big promotion with Republicans, telling each other to turn up in person on polling day.
Trump also replaced the Post Office boss in anticipation of this, who quickly cut overtime and got rid of many sorting machines in order to slow down the postal system and hopefully invalidated many of the mail in votes.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someone posted this on X
Here's what happened on Thursday in the disbarment trial of Trump's attorney John Eastman. The main findings came from Dr. Stanley Young, who the judge actually agreed to designate as an expert unlike all the other experts who she claims aren't, who discussed his findings of states that had bizarre vote spikes for Biden in 2020 compared to Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Here's the damning part from his report (note if Dems' explanation was accurate, that the mood in swing states trended for Biden, then why did Ohio trend for Trump????):

That quoted comment is false, from what I recall of Arizona's voting rules. Arizona had mail in balloting prior to 2020 and kept those rules in place for the 2020 election. I don't recall and don't care to look for the other states, but the fact that he is wrong with Arizona calls his claims into question.

The other interesting thing I noticed, in 4 of the 5 swing states, Trump received a higher percentage of the vote in 2020 than he did in 2016. In Arizona, Trump went from 48.7 to 49.1%; in Michigan he went from 47.5 to 48%; in Pennsylvania he went from 48.6 to 48.8%, and in Wisconsin he went from 47.2% to 48.8%. Georgia is the outlier, Trump went from 51 to 49.3%.

The difference appears to be that the Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson got far more of the vote in 2016 than in 2020 -- getting between 3-4% of the vote in 4 of these states, and in the fifth Johnson only got 2.4% but there was still roughly 4% that voted third party. So, while Trump did better, getting some of the Republican votes that went to Johnson in 2016, most of the Johnson votes appear to have gone toward Biden in 2020.

It would seem that most of the "anomalies" are from Trump being a rather unpopular candidate, at least among some groups of Republicans, in 2016; causing a large number to vote for a third party. This seems to be particularly true in Utah, where there are 24% more Republicans than Democrats but Trump could only get 45.5% of the vote -- enough to win the state (Clinton only got 27.5%) -- but with more than a quarter of the vote going to third party candidates.

What caused the anomalies in 2020 are because voters tended to have decided on Trump, and either vote for Trump or Biden and not third party. In 2020, rather than third party, some chose to vote for Trump while more decided they'd had enough and would vote for the Democrat.

Now, you can claim you see the results differently, and that is fine. In the end, it merely points out the issue with statistics -- particularly someone trying to claim statistical anomalies that "prove" voter fraud; that for every "anomaly" that can be pointed out, there can be other explanations -- also "proven" -- that show the opposite. In this case, from my experience, when you really look at all the statistics, particularly combined with exit polls, you find that Trump lost because some groups of Republicans (in particular suburban mothers) did not vote for Trump in 2020, who either voted Trump or voted third party in 2016. This also explains Trump's drop in Georgia, if you look at exit polls from 2016 and 2020, Trump lost the vote of suburban women (this is in Republican counties with Republican election officials), which caused him to lose in Georgia.

Upvote 0