✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm not seeing the racism. Why do you?

The USA and Canada are both very racially and ethnically diverse nations. Aside from that, the border was closed by mutual consent.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sorry for you all, I don't blame you I hope Christians will unite one day,and do the right thing.
The Catholics have always said this and looks like still are.

no need reply I hear trump bashing everywhere
I agree with, I also hear Trump bashing everywhere - I also hear him bashing everyone and everything, especially bashing our nation's leaders like Governor Cuomo. He should stop the bashing and it is troubling to see all of his bashing. He should be helping, instead.

I hear the unborn.
How about the born? Do you hear them, too? I do.

I hear the March of jackboots in our streets.
Well yes, it is still March, but in a few days it will be the April of jackboots in your streets that you hear.

The people walking in my neighborhood are not wearing jackboots. Mostly they're wearing sneakers. I haven't seen a single person wearing jackboots, actually. Where are you that the jackboots are so popular? Wouldn't those people find sneakers a lot more comfortable? I do.

if you cannot see what is happening you need to ask God.
Yes, and an ophthalmologist also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Ah. Well, Canada certainly has legitimate reasons to keep unwanted Americans out...

91306445_10163459554385551_7632638556984311808_n.jpg

Their COVID-19 situation seems, at the moment, to be manageable... but not if they get an influx of refugees from a [CENSORED]hole medical system.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
To give you perspective on how terrible the Canadian health care system is.

I went to the ER twice over 12 months, once for pnemonia I caught after the flu, once for bronchitis, was given a couple of x-rays, along with a steroid asthma type inhaler to help with my cough, all for the big big price of 0$'s.

Elective surgies take a while, but when were sick we get help imediatly.

Does any one of my fellow Americans want to compare ER service in the US based upon quality and price?

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone of my fellow Americans want to compare ER service in the US based upon quality and price?

should also add neither required a hospital stay, but had been going on for a few weeks so I was recomended to go in in case it was something more serious. In the US you have people dying of preventable things, because they don't want to go in thinking they are having a heartattack, and it turns out to be acid reflux and then have to pay thousands they don't have.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
About ten years ago a friend was vacationing in Florida. He likes to bicycle but he took a bad fall and had his wife drive him to a hospital ER. He was there a couple of hours and recieved prompt and professional care. They gave him an x-ray, a tetanus shot, a half dozen stitches and cleaned up his road rash. The bill was $1800.00 !!! They returned to Canada and he went in to his own doctor to have the stitches removed. The doctor commented that if an American recieved the identical treatment in a Canadian hospital ER he would have been charged about $200.00

• Informative
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Troops along the Canadian border.

Honestly, this is almost insulting. But I'd wager 90% of Americans would at least find this a bit weird.

I'm sure the majority at least think it's a weird to bad idea.
Trump looking to put troops near Canadian border amid coronavirus fears

Yeah....Canadians are NOT going down there guys. Sorry.

Where are they? Are they in pre staging areas? What sectors are they being called from? Who is heading this troop movement up?

Or was it just part of a much longer conversation on what might happen? What is incorrect or wrong with discussing possible needs militarily?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Where are they? Are they in pre staging areas? What sectors are they being called from? Who is heading this troop movement up?

Or was it just part of a much longer conversation on what might happen? What is incorrect or wrong with discussing possible needs militarily?
Here's a question:
Did Trump think about ANY of those things when he said that outloud? I will wager 1 "laughter out loud" and 1 "no way".

How do I know? Two days later it was widely downplayed/ignored.

More terrible leadership.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's a question:
Did Trump think about ANY of those things when he said that outloud?

From your link:

American government officials inside Donald Trump’s White House are actively discussing putting troops near the Canadian borders in light of U.S. border security concerns around the new coronavirus pandemic, sources tell Global News.​

Says whom? Who are the unnamed sources?
Got anything at all besides unsubstantiated gossip?
Who said it out loud? The President? He isn't even mentioned, only government officials.
What Government officials? When was the meeting? Who was there? What else was said?

I will wager 1 "laughter out loud" and 1 "no way".

I see your 1 and 2 - and I wage that the President never said such a thing out loud, nor otherwise. That there is a high degree of possibility it was a meeting he was not even involved in.

How do I know? Two days later it was widely downplayed/ignored.

How do I know - it died because there was not enough substance to the gossip for it to last even two days

More terrible leadership.

More terrible gossip - journalism is truly dead.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
From your link:

American government officials inside Donald Trump’s White House are actively discussing putting troops near the Canadian borders in light of U.S. border security concerns around the new coronavirus pandemic, sources tell Global News.​

Well, I've got almost every major news paper on the planet reporting on it.
Stop believing ONLY the liar. You may find you get better information. I'll tell you now that I'd be quick to trust an unnamed source that the current President of the United States of America. He deserves no trust.

Who said it out loud? The President? He isn't even mentioned, only government officials.
What Government officials? When was the meeting? Who was there? What else was said?
Coronavirus outbreak: Trump confirms troops along U.S./ Canada border, calls it ‘equal justice’ | Watch News Videos Online

I see your 1 and 2 - and I wage that the President never said such a thing out loud, nor otherwise. That there is a high degree of possibility it was a meeting he was not even involved in.
Yes, I agree there is a strong possibility of that. Not only that in the video I provided above he kinda eludes to the fact that he doesn't know anything about it. It is still surprising he wouldn't simply say "What? No. Why would we do that? Canada is, literally, our closest ally; figuratively and literally. We treat each other well and I would see no reason at this point to station troops along that border."
How do I know - it died because there was not enough substance to the gossip for it to last even two days
Man....why do you comment on something you have NO idea about? I mean, you don't even bother to do 2 seconds of research to disprove any of it. And then have the cahones to say you "know" something without researching.
The PERFECT Trump supporter.

In the meantime...here:
U.S. backs down after Canada slams proposal for American troops along the border
[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From your link:

More terrible gossip - journalism is truly dead.

One of the "Unnamed sources," if you read the article from the OP, is Canada's PM, "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau confirmed the news while giving his daily briefing to reporters from Rideau Cottage, acknowledging that conversations are taking place."

That has also been echoed by others in the Canadian government, who were part of the discussions, if you look at other articles about it. As one example, this article from the UKs Independent quotes the Deputy Prime Minister of Canada Chrystia Freeland, “Canada is strongly opposed to this US proposal and we’ve made that very clear to our US counterparts.”

Now, granted, that doesn't claim that Trump was involved -- but it is hard to see White House officials talking about moving US troops to the Canadian border -- and actually talking to the Canadian Prime Minister -- without talking to Trump first. Not to mention, if the "White House" had done this in any other administration the President would get the blame, no matter if the President knew or not.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I've got almost every major news paper on the planet reporting on it.

Almost every major news paper on the planet said there was Russian collusion and there was proof of it - for three years.

Yes, I agree there is a strong possibility of that. Not only that in the video I provided above he kinda eludes to the fact that he doesn't know anything about it.

Oh, unnamed sources followed by kinda eludes to something -

Well, you win I can't argue with that much proof.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Almost every major news paper on the planet said there was Russian collusion and there was proof of it - for three years.
Yeah . Surprise surprise, we have a Trump syncophant in charge of the DOJ that, either through sheer ineptitude, or willfull manipulation of facts meant to mislead the American public.
So again, no reason for me to trust the integrity of the report.
And no reason for you to demand anything like accurate representations.

But yeah. For those who trust Trump, I'm sure they feel completely vindicated. As well they whould; the bar for ANYTHING Trump related is so unbelievably low a snail could crawl over it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah . Surprise surprise, we have a Trump syncophant in charge of the DOJ that, either through sheer ineptitude, or willfull manipulation of facts meant to mislead the American public.
So again, no reason for me to trust the integrity of the report.
And no reason for you to demand anything like accurate representations.

But yeah. For those who trust Trump, I'm sure they feel completely vindicated. As well they whould; the bar for ANYTHING Trump related is so unbelievably low a snail could crawl over it.

I cannot argue with your rapier wit and overwhelming completely unbiased logic - you are just too much for me. I am now a Bernie supporter - unless you think Biden would be better and then I am a Biden supporter.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
As Sam Harris perspicaciously stated: "I would take a randomly selected person over Donald Trump - and do you realize how badly that could turn out". So, yes, I would prefer Chuck Shumer. In fact, I would prefer Chuck Norris to Donald Trump.

Well as tough as Chuck Norris seems to be,I have never known him to threaten the Supreme Court over abortion.
For just a reminder rapping ,dancing and bragging,over killing babies is normally not what is taught in Christian Faith.

Deuteronomy 18: 9. When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.