Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Stewards of Gospel Light

1 Corinthians 4:1-2,
"Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful."

Stewards of the mysteries of God. That's a big deal. YOU are NOT the big deal, the calling to be a steward of the things of God is. And it's required you be faithful, that is, faithful to your Father in heaven, and to our Lord Jesus Christ who gave himself for us, that we may be redeemed back to the Father, through the blood of the cross.

Verse 5, same chapter: "Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God."

And here, a corresponding passage:
2 Corinthians 4:5-6,
"For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

Self needs to get out of the way. Pride needs to be crucified. The light must shine in our hearts, making manifest the counsels of your heart, and giving you the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ: the hidden things of darkness will be exposed by the light. Like that simple song , "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..." But truth is, it's not so little a light, it's a Great Light, the light of God; in its fullness no one can even approach unto it!

Listen to these words King David told his son Solomon: "And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever." (1 Chronicles 28:9)

Here again we see the LORD searching the hearts, ALL hearts it says: and He understands ALL imaginations of the thoughts. Had a Jehovah's Witness tell me one time that God doesn't know every single one of our thoughts. Wow! That's just robbing God of being Almighty, Omnipotent, eternal - but it's really not robbing God, it's robbing the people who believe such rubbish! And, look at what David tells him, "know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind..." Know God. Not just know about Him, but know Him. Paul said, "That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead." (Philippians 3:10-11) I'd like to know Him as Enoch who walked with God and was not, like Abraham and Moses who were God's friends: after all, Isaiah 41:8 says Jacob I've chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend, and the LORD spoke to Moses face to face as a man speaks unto his friend (Exodus 33:11) Or Elijah, or John - Both Johns, the Baptist and the beloved disciple. And so many more, for they are our examples. May we follow in their footsteps, ultimately following in Christ's footsteps, for they also did walk in Christ's footsteps, as it is written 1 Corinthians 10:4 the spiritual Rock followed them and the Rock was Christ.

Jeremiah 1:4-10,
"Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.
Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant."

This shows that God foreordains someone He has chosen for whatever ministry He has for them. It is a solemn thing, a holy thing, and should be a humbling thing. The second you say in your heart "Oh yeah, God chose ME! Ain't I something!" you're setting yourself up to be chastened and humbled. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.
And this is a most beautiful verse for those who dare think life doesn't start in the womb. Jeremiah was sanctified and ordained while he was in the womb. God don't ordain a thing, or a bunch of cells: He ordains a person.

Jeremiah 25:15-17,
"For thus saith the Lord God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.
And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them.
Then took I the cup at the Lord's hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the Lord had sent me..."

Now, did Jeremiah actually go to all the nations physically? Did he travel to them? No. Because when you read through to verse 26 you see all the middle east nations mentioned; sure, he could have travelled to them, but then there's verse 26: "And all the kings of the north, far and near, one with another, and all the kingdoms of the world, which are upon the face of the earth: and the king of Sheshach shall drink after them."

That says in the relevant part in Hebrew, "Kol HamMelkuth HaAretz asher ol pheni HaAdamah": כל הממלכות הארץ אשר על־פני האדמה = "All the kingdoms of the earth which on face of the ground/land/whole inhabited earth." So, that tells us Jeremiah preached prophetically, or in the Spirit, because we know from Scripture there were people in India, China, Scythia (Ukraine/Russia) Northwestern Africa, and Western Europe (Tarshish) at the time. We know from history and archeology there were Native Americans inhabiting the Americas.

This then is a mystery: How Jeremiah made all nations drink, unto whom the LORD had sent him. But we are told in Scripture how this happened. Look at Ezekiel 8:2-3. Now we know Ezekiel was in Babylon, and the Bible says, "Then I beheld, and lo a likeness as the appearance of fire: from the appearance of his loins even downward, fire; and from his loins even upward, as the appearance of brightness, as the colour of amber. And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem..."

Here then is how Jeremiah must have brought the word to all the nations he had "been sent" to. In the Spirit such things are not difficult, for there is nothing too hard, nothing is impossible to the LORD our God. Amen.

Now we need to look at the LORD's direction through the Spirit. This is missing in a lot of churches and individual lives. That stuff some preachers say "God has a plan for your life," while it's true, we should not make it a shallow cliche' thing.

Take for example Paul. I like reading the first verse of some of his epistles.
Romans, "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,"
1 Corinthians, "Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God"
2 Corinthians 1:1, Ephesians 1:1, & Colossians 1:1, "Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God...."
Galatians 1:1, - I really like what he writes here: "Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead)"
And Galatians 1:15, "But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:"

And we see also, not only does the Spirit of God call people with a definite calling, and ordain them by the Spirit, but He can send you certain places, call you to do certain things, and then also, He can block you from doing something you think might be right, but isn't in Gods will for you at that time, or maybe just not in His will period.
Consider Acts 16:5-7,
"And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,
After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not."

You see first they were establishing churches, but the Holy Ghost forbid them to preach the word in Asia. Then they assayed to go to Bithynia, but the Spirit suffered them not. They were given some sort of revelation: Bible don't tell us what that was. Could have been any number of things. I've been blocked by circumstances, through other people, through signs, through the Word. I've also been led to go somewhere in the same way. In 2018 I assayed to move back to Washington, but it was all self. I even had someone offer to pay travel expenses. But things happened that blocked me from going, at least at that time; and now it seems the Spirit has led me to a place He may want me for awhile, perhaps even till the end, maybe even His appearing.

Most of us who been in church know the story of Balaam and his donkey. Numbers 22:22 shows this, "And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the Lord stood in the way for an adversary against him." God may even send an angel in some extreme cases to guide you which way you should go.

And there's always a set time for you. It's a time God knows and you probably don't. This is where faith comes in, like Abraham, when he was called out of his country to go to a land the LORD would show him. Hebrews says he went out not knowing whither he went. He went by faith in Gods promises. He was a steward of Gods promises, and faithful. We are stewards of the Gospel, the light of the Gospel.

I love Psalm 102:13, "Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come."
The set time is come. That's "moed" מועד meaning an appointed time or season. Ecclesiastes 3:1, there's a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.

Let's look more at Psalm 102, the verses following 13 through 22, because this really shows how God's involved in this set time: He knows what is future, and there will be a time for this to take place. In fact it's our responsibility to pray accordingly, and seek His return:

"Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.
For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof.
So the heathen shall fear the name of the Lord, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.
When the Lord shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.
He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.
This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the Lord.
For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the Lord behold the earth;
To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death;
To declare the name of the Lord in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem;
When the people are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the Lord."

The LORD shall build up Zion; He shall appear in His glory. Now Jesus came, but did He build up Zion? No. In fact, Jerusalem was crushed by the Romans, the temple destroyed utterly in 70 AD, within that generation Jesus said it would happen. And Jesus said, "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate," in Matthew 23:38. So, no, He didn't build up Zion then, He tore it down, just as Jeremiah was commissioned to root up and pull down kingdoms.

But He will come in His glory to build and to plant. The Psalm was written for the generation to come, a people that shall be created. A then future generation, perhaps this generation we now live in, as the signs point more and more to His soon return.
Matthew 24:30 - Here we see Christ coming in His glory, and it's GREAT GLORY: "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." HalleluYAH!

Now, that He regards the prayer of the destitute, and despises not their prayer: Oh, are we not destitute? Are we not the poor in spirit? For blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
And Luke 18:7, "shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?" Oh yes, but the rest of what Jesus says here: "I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"

Sobering question our Lord asked. And when we look at the Greek it actually says "The faith" that is "ten pistis" in Greek, τήν πίστις - "ten" is the definite article "the," and "pistis" means faith as in belief or conviction that God exists, and Jesus is the Messiah. The faith: shall He find the faith on earth? We know Paul said in the latter days many shall depart from the faith, there shall be a falling away, there will be a form of godliness but denying the power thereof. So let us make sure we are in the faith, because these are trying times we live in, and be sure you are in Him, in the faith, and that faith the faith once delivered unto the saints, as Jude said we must earnestly contend for.

Just as everything will fall into place on the world stage, so too will it fall into place in your life, that's IF you are in His Word, and in prayer, and in the Spirit daily. The sin gotta go; even the thought of sin is sin - doesn't scripture say "the thought of foolishness is sin" in Proverbs 24:9?
Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? Paul wrote to the Romans. What did he say about that? God Forbid! We're supposed to be set free from sin. That's what Christ gives us the grace and power to do. It's the liberty to live free from sin, not the liberty to partake in sin and wallow in it. Need to get that right! Amen.

Here's Jeremiah 29:11-13, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

This goes along with what David told Solomon, if you seek Him, seek the LORD, He will be found of thee. You will find Him, or He will find you. That connection will be made. Jeremiah goes a step further: you'll find the LORD when you search for Him with all your heart. No half-hearted prayers will do. This is serious stuff. We need to get serious with the LORD and seek His direction. I recently read a message about lazy Christians in America. Yeah, I've been there before. You can get complacent and comfortable, but that's a dangerous place to be for some.

My prayer as should be all our prayers "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven." First, pray for Jesus' return. He commands us to pray for it. Then pray for Gods will, the fathers will be done in earth. That goes from your personal life, to events in the world, of which our Sovereign God is in complete control.
Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, O Yahweh El Shaddai, LORD God Almighty, thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven. Thy will be done in my life, in all your childrens lives, and in the nations; may we endeavor to be faithful stewards of thy Word, in Jesus name. Amen

ACg8ocKjK2sGrSTy6X5G2f5enCvdExWAs4y37AHJH0CAn4LW1g=s40-p
ReplyForward

Add reaction

Last edited: