• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Trump floats troops along Canadian border

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by rambot, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:33 PM.

1. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+5,623
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Mediocre pickle

Mediocre pickle New Member Supporter

+20
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    What a waste of resources.

3. Gene2memE

Gene2memE Newbie

+2,996
    Atheist
    Private
    It is to stop people getting in, or to stop people getting out?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+4,172
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Aww man, you said floats. Where's the balloons?

5. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+5,494
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    That sounds like the reaction Trump got when he banned travel from China. The WHO said it wasn't necessary. Now Trump is being criticized for not banning travel from China soon enough.

If Canada has a serious outbreak of the virus Canadians will cross the border for better health care.

6. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+2,934
    Christian
    Married
    I'm trying to figure this out -- I'm sure the thought is the claim (which I'm guessing Trump believes) that most Canadians would rather come to the US to get the "best healthcare in the world." So they start developing symptoms, have a fever so decide they can't go through a legal crossing. Of course, they've started developing pneumonia, so they drive close to the border, park and -- weezing as they go -- try hiking a few miles into the US, so they can get to a hospital with a ventilator (and maybe I've missed it, but I'm not aware of any current ventilator shortage in Canada, as there are places like New York and Detroit (where many Canadians might be trying to go).

I'm not seeing how this is any serious threat, at all.

7. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+5,623
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    You think we don't see what's going on THERE? Trump is worried about Canadians jumping from our kitchen fire into a dumpster fire?

Nah. The devil you know and all that.

8. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+12,275
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Yeah, well, it's obvious that Canada just can't cope. So far, 35 Canadians have died of the virus.

9. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+2,934
    Christian
    Married
  10. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+2,934
    Christian
    Married
    The best response I've seen, it is to protect our strategic Maple Syrup reserve, after Canada burns through all of theirs. ;)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+2,793
    Seeker
    I’ve heard it said that they said this multiple times, but I’ve had a hard time finding the exact quote. Could you provide it?

Well, let’s see. Right now we have nearly twenty times as many cases and over thirty times as many deaths. Even taking into account the differences in our population they’re still ahead.

Yeah, I don’t think they’ll be storming the gates anytime soon. Not that there’s any way we have enough troops to monitor the entire border, regardless. Like, do you know how big Alaska is?

12. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+5,494
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    WHO chief says widespread travel bans not needed to beat China virus

13. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+7,758
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 10:31 PM
  14. now faith

now faith Veteran Supporter

+1,398
    Word of Faith
    Married
    I'm sorry for you all, I don't blame you I hope Christians will unite one day,and do the right thing.
    no need reply I hear trump bashing everywhere
    I hear the unborn.
    I hear the March of jackboots in our streets.
    if you cannot see what is happening you need to ask God.

15. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+3,393
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    No kidding. As a Canadian, I feel fortunate to be on the north side of that border. At least that is how things look now. I am not sure how much damage that orange-headed numbskull can really do in this crisis, but I will take my chances with our leader, thank you very much. At least when he addresses the nation, he does not behave like a petulant child.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 10:34 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. now faith

now faith Veteran Supporter

+1,398
    Word of Faith
    Married
    I suppose Chuck Schumer is a more appropriate choice?

17. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+6,827
    Atheist
    Single
    The worry may not be Canadians coming here. It could be Americans running to Canada. Universal health care never looked so good.

18. ToddNotTodd

ToddNotTodd Iconoclast

+2,427
    Seeker
    Married
    My 13 year old son would make a better president. He’s full of empathy, and doesn’t only think of himself...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+2,793
    Seeker
    You’re hearing things nobody else is hearing and things that can’t be heard. You might want to get that checked.

20. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+3,393
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    As Sam Harris perspicaciously stated: "I would take a randomly selected person over Donald Trump - and do you realize how badly that could turn out". So, yes, I would prefer Chuck Shumer. In fact, I would prefer Chuck Norris to Donald Trump.