United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't underestimate him.

And as a NJ resident, my taxes are high enough without having to pay for a bunch of red state deadbeats...
NJ resident also and I got killed with my taxes thanks to dummy Trump and his SALT cap.

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That's why it's comical when conservatives talk about others wanting "free stuff" when in fact that's all they want. They want to not work AND collect from those of us who work.
That’s because they know that there’s only so much pie that Uncle Sam can produce and Conservatives do not want godless liberals getting free college when it’ll take Federal dollars AWAY from God-fearing Conservatives like themselves!

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know one real life person who has been hurt lol just loud groups on the internet

Maybe it's time to get out a bit more, eh?

You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

It's not the government of NY choosing to pass the costs of the state's government onto the taxpayers, it's the Federal government forcing them to do so, as well as pay for other states' governments.

NY taxpayers not only pay their own state's expenses but also those of other states, welfare states which are all red states. The fact of the matter is that states like NY and NJ pay more into the federal government and receive back less.

The result is that those of us in NY and NJ pay for our own states and we pay for states that are lazy and unproductive who do not pay their own way. No surprise, but those unproductive, welfare leech states are all conservative red states.

I mean, compare a state like NJ to a state like Mississippi. The difference is huge in terms of which state produces and provides and which state just leeches and takes.

Conservatives are well-known to TALK about responsibility while turning around with a hand out and collecting as much as they can for free. That's why it's comical when conservatives talk about others wanting "free stuff" when in fact that's all they want. They want to not work AND collect from those of us who work.

NY also has (as far as I've seen) the highest per capita welfare spending in the country. Part of that is due to the high cost of living downstate (which is a direct result of the region's success, not the alleged failures of its government). One result of it is that spending is that poverty rates are generally lower across upstate than they are through Appalachia and the South despite upstate being very rural and economically depressed.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Maybe it's time to get out a bit more, eh?
There has definitely been several posters on here who've explained their negative impacts.

And yet still, Trump supporters say things like "I haven't heard of anyone suffering or being worse off". It's like they don't even notice things that exist outside of their understanding of reality.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
There has definitely been several posters on here who've explained their negative impacts.

And yet still, Trump supporters say things like "I haven't heard of anyone suffering or being worse off". It's like they don't even notice things that exist outside of their understanding of reality.

A common Republican sentiment: if it doesn’t affect me or mine, why, it probably doesn’t even exist!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,395.00
Faith
Pentecostal
No, I'm not "being satirical". I'm simply setting the record straight. What part of my post did you think was satirical??? Or are you being satirical right now?
Hmm .. I thought since you believed in helping the impoverished you wouldn't complain about helping the impoverished. I thought you'd be all on board with helping those states.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hmm .. I thought since you believed in helping the impoverished you wouldn't complain about helping the impoverished. I thought you'd be all on board with helping those states.
I wouldn't complain about helping the impoverished. I am on board with helping those states. Did you even read my post? I don't know how you got that out of it. Fantine was able to understand me, no problem.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why are complaining about paying taxes?
I'm complaining about a particular tax issue because it's an unnecessary tax inflicted on me and people in my region who are middle class to support a political stunt by a fool.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,395.00
Faith
Pentecostal
about others wanting "free stuff" when in fact that's all they want. They want to not work AND collect from those of us who work.

That:s actually the liberal mantra. Liberals are always complaining that conservatives are only wanting to help those that are putting forth effort. How dare we demand that people work or go to school etc. Don't we know the plight of the poor?

You ate actually starting to sound like a conservative here. You might want to be careful.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,395.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I wouldn't complain about helping the impoverished. I am on board with helping those states. Did you even read my post? I don't know how you got that out of it. Fantine was able to understand me, no problem.

NY taxpayers not only pay their own state's expenses but also those of other states, welfare states which are all red states. The fact of the matter is that states like NY and NJ pay more into the federal government and receive back less.

The result is that those of us in NY and NJ pay for our own states and we pay for states that are lazy and unproductive who do not pay their own way. No surprise, but those unproductive, welfare leech states are all conservative red states.

That was you right? Sounds like complaining to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That:s actually the liberal mantra. Liberals are always complaining that conservatives are only wanting to help those that are putting forth effort. How dare we demand that people work or go to school etc. Don't we know the plight of the poor?

You ate actually starting to sound like a conservative here. You might want to be careful.
You don't demand that people work or go to school etc. Just look at the red states. Lazy, ignorant, unproductive populations.

The problem we liberals have with conservatives is that you put on an act as though you do work and go to school and produce. Meanwhile, we are the ones paying for you. We do it because we believe that if everyone's well-being is increased the quality of life in our country is increased and leads to better things.

Then when we want to also give to people who are needy in a different way from some conservatives they get mad. They want all the handouts to themselves. They want to get their free stuff and then talk about how they "earned" it when we all know the truth. You're not going to "earn" a 4-bedroom, 2-bath home in a suburb in Mississippi on the salaries that are there unless you're skating by on not paying state taxes because New Jersey and New York are paying them for you. Get real, seriously.

If I'm sounding like a conservative maybe then you're the liberal here...

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That was you right? Sounds like complaining to me.
It's complaining, alright, but not about what you thought it was about. Try again.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I read an interesting article delineating and kinda beating down the "red/blue" state thing. Fact is that the red states don't have DEADBEATS. The red states keep their tax rates artificially low so that republicans keep getting re-elected. It's not that the WHOLE state is poor. It's that their government refuse to implement at tax rates that matches their expenses. So they get money from other states.

rjs330, I know you're looking for hypocrisy but I'm not sure you'd find it. If those state governments would be willing to tax at a rate that would provide appropriate support for their citizens, and then if their citizenry could not afford that, I would think that even the bluest of states would feel comfortable helping out.

But don't trump about how red and fiercely independent y'all are when you can't support yourselves through appropriately planning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,395.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You don't demand that people work or go to school etc. Just look at the red states. Lazy, ignorant, unproductive populations.

The problem we liberals have with conservatives is that you put on an act as though you do work and go to school and produce. Meanwhile, we are the ones paying for you. We do it because we believe that if everyone's well-being is increased the quality of life in our country is increased and leads to better things.

Then when we want to also give to people who are needy in a different way from some conservatives they get mad. They want all the handouts to themselves. They want to get their free stuff and then talk about how they "earned" it when we all know the truth. You're not going to "earn" a 4-bedroom, 2-bath home in a suburb in Mississippi on the salaries that are there unless you're skating by on not paying state taxes because New Jersey and New York are paying them for you. Get real, seriously.

If I'm sounding like a conservative maybe then you're the liberal here...

Ah I see... You sound bigoted with those statements. You only complain when impoverished people in red States get help. I honestly haven't looked at why those states are more impoverished. Apparently you have. You have determined they are lazy, ignorant and unproductive. All because they live in a red state. Do you say the same about the poor in your state? Are they lazy, ignorant and unproductive too? You are doing exactly what most liberals accuse conservatives of doing. You do know that a LOT of the poor in Mississippi are African American right? Did you just call them lazy, ignorant and unproductive? Or is just the poor white people that are lazy, ignorant and unproductive?

You realize of course that this based on income right? More rich people live in a lot of your blue states than live in places like Mississippi. Thus those states don't need the funding. But one thing to note here is that this whole argument is misleading. Another favorite thing the left likes to do. Here is something to note.

Against a national average of $1,935 in intergovernmental spending per American, red states receive just $1,879. Blue states get considerably more, at $2,124 per resident. Purple states see the least of their money returned to them per capita, at just $1,770. Measured in this way, the blue states are getting quite a bit more than the red or purple.

sammin11.16.4.jpg

Much of the reason people are poorer in those states are lack of jobs. And we could have a great discussion over why there are fewer job opportunities there. And we could discuss what could be done about it.

I would think a good liberal wouldn't care who's getting the help. All they want to do is help people and not judge them right? Hmm... Not so much apparently.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,395.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I read an interesting article delineating and kinda beating down the "red/blue" state thing. Fact is that the blue states don't have DEADBEATS. The blue states keep their tax rates artificially low so that republicans keep getting re-elected. It's not that the WHOLE state is poor. It's that their government refuse to implement at tax that matches their expenses. So they get money from other states.

rjs330, I know you're looking for hypocrisy but I'm not sure you'd find it. If those state governments would be willing to tax at a rate that would provide appropriate support for their citizens, and then if their citizenry could not afford that, I would think that even the bluest of states would feel comfortable helping out.

But don't trump about how BLUE and fiercely independent y'all are when you can't support yourselves through appropriately planning.

And how do you tax a population who has so many people below the poverty line?

Upvote 0