Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Keep working at it and maybe the change of subject can be made to look like it was really on-topic after all. :p

You were the one who alleged that blue states were a drain on our federal budget. I was on my phone last time, but here are some stats from the Atlantic:
As it turns out, it is red states that are overwhelmingly the Welfare Queen States. Yes, that's right. Red States—the ones governed by folks who think government is too big and spending needs to be cut—are a net drain on the economy, taking in more federal spending than they pay out in federal taxes. They talk a good game, but stick Blue States with the bill.
Which States Are Givers and Which Are Takers?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You were the one who alleged that blue states were a drain on our federal budget. I was on my phone last time, but here are some stats from the Atlantic:
:doh:You might as well insist that I alleged X, Y, and/or Z that has anything at all to do with the states.

I addressed the issue that was before us at that time
, not everything under the sun that might be thought similar to it.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe if the irresponsible government of NY had not thought it could pass the costs of that states government along to the taxpayers in other states which adhere to more responsible spending policies, New Yorkers would not find themselves unable now to deduct expenses that people in those other states did not have in the first place. These chickens have come home to roost, and it is simple justice that it has finally happened (take note all SJWs).
You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

It's not the government of NY choosing to pass the costs of the state's government onto the taxpayers, it's the Federal government forcing them to do so, as well as pay for other states' governments.

NY taxpayers not only pay their own state's expenses but also those of other states, welfare states which are all red states. The fact of the matter is that states like NY and NJ pay more into the federal government and receive back less.

The result is that those of us in NY and NJ pay for our own states and we pay for states that are lazy and unproductive who do not pay their own way. No surprise, but those unproductive, welfare leech states are all conservative red states.

I mean, compare a state like NJ to a state like Mississippi. The difference is huge in terms of which state produces and provides and which state just leeches and takes.

Conservatives are well-known to TALK about responsibility while turning around with a hand out and collecting as much as they can for free. That's why it's comical when conservatives talk about others wanting "free stuff" when in fact that's all they want. They want to not work AND collect from those of us who work.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
No, it actually is correct...even if that were not also said. ;)
Ooh, ooh, please tell me why I should shut up as a german. That's always so much fun.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sucks to be Dollar Tree, I guess...

If you didn't care about the Dow when it was soaring, why care about it when it's falling?
It's going to suck at most stores. I'm sure Trump believers will eventually notice, when things get more expensive for them.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You'd be correct if I were asserting that our system was better. The UK government is still in cahoots with the Saudis as well which I also disagree with.

Just making the objective observation that nothing Trump has done is based on morality, just personal gain or the gain of those close to him. The only Americans he cares about are those that serve his interests and his buddies.
I didn’t know that you are a member of Parliament, Commons or Lords?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's going to suck at most stores. I'm sure Trump believers will eventually notice, when things get more expensive for them.
They'll blame either the democrats, illegal imigrants or the foreign countries for not caving faster.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Please support this. Last I looked, the stock market is up since Trump was elected, since he tok office, for 2017, for 2018 and for 2019.
===
The BOTTOM LINE is that the stock market is UP this year, not down. The stock market is UP under Trump, not down.

The plummeting stock market doesn't bother you?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Please support this. Last I looked, the stock market is up since Trump was elected, since he tok office, for 2017, for 2018 and for 2019.
===
The BOTTOM LINE is that the stock market is UP this year, not down. The stock market is UP under Trump, not down.
Comment from the future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I cannot say that anyone likes them. No. But the point there was that when they have occurred, the usual naysayers immediately proclaimed that something akin to the next Great Depression was upon us...because of Trump, you know.
Who said anything of the sort? Certainly not the economists.

WELL, it failed to happen. Not the first time they said the sky was falling, and not in any of the subsequent times, either.
Donald has not handled the economy well. Instead of paying down the debt, now we have a fully recovered economy, he increased spending and decreased revenue. He causes unnecessary economic instability with his unilateral breaking of contracts and trade wars.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I agree that these conditions are reversible if Trump gets hold of his senses soon and ends the tariffs.

We're hosed.

Today he enacted tariffs against Mexico for not stopping Central Americans from traveling to the U.S. Tell me, how will it discourage immigrants from applying for asylum if Trump takes action that will increase Mexican poverty and unemployment?

It will discourage them from seeking a better life here because... reasons.

I am pretty sure if President Obama had taken action to raise prices while tanking the stock market Trump supporters would be concerned. (But of course Obama understood economics and markets...)

I'm pretty sure all it would take is a rumor and Obama would be burned in effigy.

Have you heard that tariff-induced price increases will cost US families about $2200 a year? The only good thing about this is that it will hurt his chances for reelection.

It won't. Donald's disciples still think Mexico is paying the tariffs.

• Haha
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
T
===
Last I looked in 2.5 years it was up 24% or 8% A year average. Certainly not the most super-super spectaculous stock market in history, as Trump claims. With the tax cuts for corporations and the rich and deregulation--ALL bad for our long term economic outlook--it should have been more.

But the tariffs are inflationary and most likely recession-inducing. The only good thing is that hopefully people will vent their anger at Trump and his enablers in 2020. I can put up with a bad market if it brings out anti-Trump voters. I'm willing to lose money to rid our nation of this menace.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
No, I think that I will stay with the point under discussion. If someone wants to start another thread in order to talk about farmers and tariffs, that's fine.

You think that your comment was within the point of discussion but mine wasn't? Lulz.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,385.00
Faith
Pentecostal

It's not the government of NY choosing to pass the costs of the state's government onto the taxpayers, it's the Federal government forcing them to do so, as well as pay for other states' governments.

NY taxpayers not only pay their own state's expenses but also those of other states, welfare states which are all red states. The fact of the matter is that states like NY and NJ pay more into the federal government and receive back less.

The result is that those of us in NY and NJ pay for our own states and we pay for states that are lazy and unproductive who do not pay their own way. No surprise, but those unproductive, welfare leech states are all conservative red states.

I mean, compare a state like NJ to a state like Mississippi. The difference is huge in terms of which state produces and provides and which state just leeches and takes.

Conservatives are well-known to TALK about responsibility while turning around with a hand out and collecting as much as they can for free. That's why it's comical when conservatives talk about others wanting "free stuff" when in fact that's all they want. They want to not work AND collect from those of us who work.

Your just being satirical right? I know your not complaining because you believe in helping impoverished people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe he feels that those impoverished people in the red states are biting the hand that feeds them--not only by lying about their generosity, but also by their votes for a president whose agenda is take the money, seize the power, unleash chaos in the world.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,385.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Maybe he feels that those impoverished people in the red states are biting the hand that feeds them--not only by lying about their generosity, but also by their votes for a president whose agenda is take the money, seize the power, unleash chaos in the world.

Yeah I think he has that hanging on his wall in the oval office.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Don't underestimate him.

And as a NJ resident, my taxes are high enough without having to pay for a bunch of red state deadbeats...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I think he has that hanging on his wall in the oval office.

Well, if he ever stops giving handouts to his base, they might have him hanging on his wall in the oval office... stuffed and mounted.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Your just being satirical right? I know your not complaining because you believe in helping impoverished people.
No, I'm not "being satirical". I'm simply setting the record straight. What part of my post did you think was satirical??? Or are you being satirical right now?

Upvote 0